Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 16:55 It is currently 18 May 2024, 16:55
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1025 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.23
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
pria131 wrote:
Hey Farrous !!

I am done with the job description essays and now writing motivational ones :oops:
I am in a dilemma if i should submit R1 or R2 because of my over represented country pool. Give me some advice !

Are the recommendations required to reach on the last date of the deadline? Do you know anything about it !?
I want to start in Singy :)

I don't believe it's a good idea to submit for R1 if you're just starting your motivational essays. You might go through different revisions or versions before anchoring the best one. It is also not suggested to pressure yourself in writing the essays.

I believe INSEAD is quite different than the US schools in handling over-represented applicants. While US schools will select the best academic profile out of the over represented pool, INSEAD will look into how diverse and how internationally motivated is the applicant. This is not to say that academics and experience do not matter. But I believe an applicant with an above average profile along with a strong international experience/motivation will get a better shot.

Where are you from btw? As per your profile, you are located in the US, right?

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
blockman wrote:
Can someone pls help with the campus selection?

If one wants to stay in Europe post-grad, is if better to start in Singapore for Jan 17 admission?
If I want to recruit for consulting will I miss the initial interviews by starting in Singapore, or is the recruitment done later , in period 3-5? Thanks!

Hi blockman,

There is no "better" starting campus. However, it is suggested to be in France in the late rounds if the target is to secure a career in Europe. You can also elect to stay in one campus the whole course of the program.

Your best bet is to check the calendars for the consulting companies. For example, McKinsey interviews in both campuses.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1025 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
deleted

Originally posted by blockman on 01 Mar 2016, 11:44.
Last edited by blockman on 03 Mar 2016, 06:52, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10064 [0]
Given Kudos: 4547
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello Applicants,

We will have one more chat session on March 16th with Caroline Diarte Edwards, Director at Fortuna Admissions (former INSEAD Director of Admissions) and Melissa Jones, Expert Coach at Fortuna Admissions (former INSEAD Assistant Director).

Caroline and Melissa will dialogue with applicants in GMAT Club chat room on general admission questions and provide tips on getting into INSEAD. This is best opportunity for you all to learn about INSEAD's admission process from its former admission directors. So save this event to your Google Calendar and present in the chat room with your questions.

Date: Wednesday March 16, 2016.
Time: 6 AM PDT/9 AM EDT / 1 PM GMT
Place: GMAT Club Chat Room https://gmatclub.com/gchat/

Fortuna Admissions.&dates=20160316T124000Z/20160316T140000Z&details=GMAT Club INSEAD Chat with Fortuna Admissions.&location=GMATClub chat room" target="_blank">

Caroline Diarte Edwards

: Caroline is a Co-Founder and Director of Fortuna Admissions. She was Director of Admissions, Marketing, and Financial Aid for the INSEAD MBA program from 2005 until 2012. She holds an MBA from INSEAD (2003) and is a graduate of the University of Cambridge. She has previously worked as a Management Consultant for Andersen (UK, France) and as a Business Development Officer for the International Finance Corporation (Indonesia). Caroline is a sought-out expert on admissions strategy and business school trends, and is regularly featured or quoted by the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, CNN, the Economist, the Times of London, China Economic Review, Spiegel, and the New York Times.

Melissa Jones

: Melissa has been a coach with Fortuna Admissions since its inception. Previously, she worked at INSEAD in France as Assistant Director for the MBA program. She met with thousands of potential applicants from around the world, and delivered over 100 live and virtual presentations advising candidates on the MBA admissions process, including what makes a successful INSEAD candidate. In addition, she was on the scholarship committee reviewing candidate applications and selecting recipients.

Melissa previously worked in marketing and communications on behalf of global brands such as Sony, InBev, and Xerox. She also worked for a prominent Canadian women’s organization, the Women’s Executive Network, where she was part of the selection committee for the “Canada’s Most Powerful Women: Top 100 Awards”. Melissa has an undergraduate business degree from Dalhousie University in Canada and she completed the Management Accelerated Program (MAP) at INSEAD.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
First round deadline in couple of hours! Who already submitted their application?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
farrous13 wrote:
First round deadline in couple of hours! Who already submitted their application?

As per the status updates of the members in this forum, 3 people have submitted the application, including myself.

Have you submitted your application?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: IMD '17 (M)
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
nucleus007 wrote:
farrous13 wrote:

As per the status updates of the members in this forum, 3 people have submitted the application, including myself.

How do you see how many submitted?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vibis wrote:
nucleus007 wrote:
farrous13 wrote:

How do you see how many submitted?

Hi Vibis,

In the first page of this thread, we have the main post with all the summary details of the applicants.
In that post, if we click the "Latest GMAT Club Member Profile Updates" link, we can see the status of the application for all the members.
This might not reflect the actual number of the submissions as many applicants might not have updated their status.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nucleus007 wrote:

Hi Vibis,

In the first page of this thread, we have the main post with all the summary details of the applicants.
In that post, if we click the "Latest GMAT Club Member Profile Updates" link, we can see the status of the application for all the members.
This might not reflect the actual number of the submissions as many applicants might not have updated their status.

Hello nucleus, thanks for the info on the member profile updates. To answer your question: no I haven't. I will be submitting in R2.

Good luck to you!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Hi guys,
I had submitted my application a few days back. Was going through my form and i realized a typo in my CV that was uploaded. Have mentioned a wrong start date in one of my jobs. Do you think its wise to mail them now about it and send them a corrected CV separately? Or should i just let it be...???
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sutirtho7 wrote:
Hi guys,
I had submitted my application a few days back. Was going through my form and i realized a typo in my CV that was uploaded. Have mentioned a wrong start date in one of my jobs. Do you think its wise to mail them now about it and send them a corrected CV separately? Or should i just let it be...???

I think it might be better to contact the admissions office and let them know of the error. Especially if the typo changes your work profile significantly and they are bound to notice anyway.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
farrous13 wrote:
nucleus007 wrote:

Hi Vibis,

Hello nucleus, thanks for the info on the member profile updates. To answer your question: no I haven't. I will be submitting in R2.

Good luck to you!

Hello Farrous,

Thank you for the wishes. I wish you the very best for your application in R2.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
blockman wrote:
Can someone pls help with the campus selection?

If one wants to stay in Europe post-grad, is if better to start in Singapore for Jan 17 admission?
If I want to recruit for consulting will I miss the initial interviews by starting in Singapore, or is the recruitment done later , in period 3-5? Thanks!

For consulting, if you wish to end up in Europe post-MBA, you should aim to spend P3-5 in Fonty. If you want to do IB in Europe though, the industry starts recruiting for summer internships from P1. If you're not going for a job in finance then where you spend P1-2 doesn't really matter so much.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V160
Send PM
Do we need to submit official scores with applications or just self reported are fine. I submitted with self reported scores in R1!!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
popov wrote:
Do we need to submit official scores with applications or just self reported are fine. I submitted with self reported scores in R1!!

Posted from my mobile device

Hello Popov,

As per information from the INSEAD website
"You can take the GMAT up until the day of the application deadline, in this case a copy of your unofficial score report (to be uploaded as supporting document once you have submitted your application form) is sufficient for us to begin evaluating your file. "

So self reported scores should be fine :) .
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.64
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I submitted mine on March 2nd and received a confirmation email that my application is complete and ready to be reviewed. Best of luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Submitted for R1 - got confirmation from an admission officer. Now the wait begins.
Good luck to all.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts