Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 06:54 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.23
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.64
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Technology
GRE 1: Q164 V166
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
liera wrote:
Hi guys! I submitted my app for Round 1 on Feb.28 and got receipt notice of my application from an ad-com. Crossing my fingers for interviews next month.

Good luck liera :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Submitted my application March 2nd, hoping for the best! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hey People !!

I am hopeful that you all get interview calls from everyone's Dream School INSEAD.
Don't forget to update the status in your profile after submitting your application.
This helps to keep a check on the admitted/interviewed stats. :wink:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
farrous13 wrote:
pria131 wrote:
Hey Farrous !!

I am done with the job description essays and now writing motivational ones :oops:
I am in a dilemma if i should submit R1 or R2 because of my over represented country pool. Give me some advice !

Are the recommendations required to reach on the last date of the deadline? Do you know anything about it !?
I want to start in Singy :)

I don't believe it's a good idea to submit for R1 if you're just starting your motivational essays. You might go through different revisions or versions before anchoring the best one. It is also not suggested to pressure yourself in writing the essays.

I believe INSEAD is quite different than the US schools in handling over-represented applicants. While US schools will select the best academic profile out of the over represented pool, INSEAD will look into how diverse and how internationally motivated is the applicant. This is not to say that academics and experience do not matter. But I believe an applicant with an above average profile along with a strong international experience/motivation will get a better shot.

Where are you from btw? As per your profile, you are located in the US, right?

Good luck!

Hey Farrous,

I somehow missed this reply.

I am from INDIA, I dunno how it got US in my profile.
So you see over represented pool of talented indians !! :(

I did not submit in R1, looking for professional help for R2 :wink:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
vchopra wrote:
alanray2018 wrote:
I know the R1 deadline is in March, but does it mean they only start conducting interviewing after R1 deadline?

Yes, from my understanding, schools only start interviews after the application deadline. My knowledge only extends as far north american schools but I believe other schools such as Insead and LBS also follow this protocol.

How is everyone else finding the questions? I'm having difficulty thinking of topics to write about in the cultural diversity section. I was born in India while living there I have also spent some time in Iraq. However, grade 5 and on I have been in Canada. I'm just really sure what to talk about? Any thoughts?

Hey there,

I had some issues with a few of the questions well (8 essays!!), but for the cultural diversity question I wrote about a project that I worked on with a Brazilian client (I was working from the India office) and how the client and it's sales force had a very very unique style of working and thinking and how we had to incorporate that while delivering the project. I'm not sure whether that is enough, but that's what I put down. What did you finally end up putting down?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM

!
Post Removed: Profile evaluation requests are not allowed in school discussions.

This thread is the place where applicants get to know one-another, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process. We have a separate profile evaluation section on GMATClub. ask-admission-consultants-124/
Let us try to build this thread in a way that the future applicants can come here and gather useful information without much trouble.

Originally posted by vp101 on 08 Mar 2016, 01:07.
Last edited by Narenn on 08 Mar 2016, 03:12, edited 2 times in total.
Post not in line with forum regulations.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kartikc11 wrote:
vchopra wrote:
alanray2018 wrote:
I know the R1 deadline is in March, but does it mean they only start conducting interviewing after R1 deadline?

Yes, from my understanding, schools only start interviews after the application deadline. My knowledge only extends as far north american schools but I believe other schools such as Insead and LBS also follow this protocol.

How is everyone else finding the questions? I'm having difficulty thinking of topics to write about in the cultural diversity section. I was born in India while living there I have also spent some time in Iraq. However, grade 5 and on I have been in Canada. I'm just really sure what to talk about? Any thoughts?

Hey there,

I had some issues with a few of the questions well (8 essays!!), but for the cultural diversity question I wrote about a project that I worked on with a Brazilian client (I was working from the India office) and how the client and it's sales force had a very very unique style of working and thinking and how we had to incorporate that while delivering the project. I'm not sure whether that is enough, but that's what I put down. What did you finally end up putting down?

I too couldn't find anything interesting to write about in cultural diversity question. Though I had trips to every part of India, will delve deeper into my experiences and find something to write.
It's not about a huge or small experience but you should explain it in detail of what did you learn from and how it impacted your future experiences.

Can everyone who had submitted their apps tell about what we can write in this question?

Originally posted by pria131 on 08 Mar 2016, 02:48.
Last edited by pria131 on 08 Mar 2016, 02:55, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
vp101 wrote:
Here's my profile - Looking to apply in Round 2

Indian, Male, 26
GMAT - 680
TOEFL - 111

Work Experience:
3 years at matriculation in Digital Marketing (One Promotion)
1 Year at a startup in the education sector
2 years as a full time musician

B.Sc in Botany from the University of Mumbai (First Class, no GPA awarded)

I might take the GMAT before Round 2 or will apply as it is with a 680.

Hey Vp101,

Do you have 6 years of experience or 3, I couldn't understand from your profile but the above things are too less to analyse a person's profile. If it's 3, you are at a lower end of experience.
Try to get a 700+ score in GMAT, because we Indians are usually from a very competitive pool in every B-school. But that's just one part of the application. The essays itself are dreadful (they are 8 :evil: )

Plus here are no experts to judge your profile. You should get it evaluated in Ask admissions consultant Forum. They are experienced people who can give you a better insight. :o
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
pria131 wrote:
vp101 wrote:
Here's my profile - Looking to apply in Round 2

Indian, Male, 26
GMAT - 680
TOEFL - 111

Work Experience:
3 years at matriculation in Digital Marketing (One Promotion)
1 Year at a startup in the education sector
2 years as a full time musician

B.Sc in Botany from the University of Mumbai (First Class, no GPA awarded)

I might take the GMAT before Round 2 or will apply as it is with a 680.

Hey Vp101,

Do you have 6 years of experience or 3, I couldn't understand from your profile but the above things are too less to analyse a person's profile. If it's 3, you are at a lower end of experience.
Try to get a 700+ score in GMAT, because we Indians are usually from a very competitive pool in every B-school. But that's just one part of the application. The essays itself are dreadful (they are 8 :evil: )

Plus here are no experts to judge your profile. You should get it evaluated in Ask admissions consultant Forum. They are experienced people who can give you a better insight. :o

Thanks Pria

It'll be six years since I graduated college this June. I am retaking the GMAT in the next few weeks. In case I don't get a score more than 680, I shall be applying with my old score. I know I'm on the younger scale of applicants, but let's see...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kartikc11 wrote:
vchopra wrote:
alanray2018 wrote:

Hey there,

Oh! that essay is tough. When I brainstormed for this essay back in December, I had tons of ideas. however, I just couldn't capitalize on them properly, or if I did I just didn't like the content or the flow - so scrap and start all over again. I am done with the essays part except for this one. My wife will read over it today and will let me know if it's strong enough. If it is, I'll send it to my buddy to review.

My advice is to focus on the Impact:

- changed you behavior or perception
- inspired you to learn something
- made you reconsider beliefs or ideas

In your case and based on the info you've given, it's good to focus on explaining the difference in the style of work you encountered, the challenges you faced and what you learned from that experience. All this while using the enthusiastic tone.

this falls into the "change in behavior and perception": you probably made the effort to change your style of work such as in communication management, adapting to a new medium of communication. Just throwing examples here.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Anyone knows when the interview invites start coming in?

I applied to R1. Female from India. Banker by Profession and GMAT of 720
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
spinoza wrote:

As per the mail from the Adcom, we should get the interview invites latest by 1st April.
So I think the invites would start coming out by the last week of March.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
got a mail to attend the in-house program on 1st April

https://mba.insead.edu/events/in_house.cfm?utm_campaign=MBA%20In-House%20Event%20in%20SGP%20-%2001Apr2016&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua

anyone plan to join?
R1 applicants would have got the interview call by then, and it makes much sense to join the event if you get an interview call.
Better to have a first-hand experience than an expectation shock (regarding infrastructure and all) on the first day [a] the school
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Hi folks..i have also applied for R1. Hope for the best!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
spinoza wrote:

You have a high chance of getting into Insead..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi..do we have any statistics as to which intake is more competitive? Jan or Sept? Not sure if there is a significant difference in terms of number of application in these two intakes?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Send PM

!
Post Removed: Profile evaluation requests are not allowed in school discussions.

This thread is the place where applicants get to know one-another, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process. We have a separate profile evaluation section on GMATClub. ask-admission-consultants-124/
Let us try to build this thread in a way that the future applicants can come here and gather useful information without much trouble.

Originally posted by kartikc11 on 11 Mar 2016, 04:28.
Last edited by Narenn on 11 Mar 2016, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
Post not in line with forum regulations
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts