Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:39 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.23
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.23
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
vnixnj wrote:
farrous13 wrote:
R1 applicants, please share how many words was your answer to the long and short term goals job description. I am finding it challenging writing less than 300 words, especially when I read about the importance of linking personal/unique experience with goals. At the same time I find myself not respecting the "short answer" note next to the question.

Generally stuck to a 300 word limit with a bit of a twist. I thought the Job Essay #2 (what would you be doing if you stayed at your current position) was rather sufficient with a shorter word count and found the #4 (goals) to be a bit tight with the 300 limit... So I wrote 200 and 400 words, respectively. Personally, I thought it would be reasonable to keep the balance around 1,200 word count across the 4 essays for short answers..

Thank you! My Job Descr. #2 is around 150. After revising Job Descr. #4, I might hit the 400 word limit.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: The world famous DASH!
Out of all of the INSEAD slang words, “DASH” was one of the terms I learnt way before I even applied. A friend who was studying at INSEAD was telling me about all these amazing things that were happening at... Continue Reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone else have JM as their AO?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
More invites today ??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Well, I haven't heard anything from her yet. Was wondering if anyone else with the same AO has

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
My AO is IR. Nothing yet! :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mishswati06 wrote:

AO ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
abhinay.anand wrote:
Well, I haven't heard anything from her yet. Was wondering if anyone else with the same AO has

Hi Abhinay,

My AO is also JM. Havent heard anything yet.
Indian in Japan.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
spinoza wrote:
mishswati06 wrote:

AO ?

My AO is IR as well, still waiting

Sent from my XT1225 using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kartikc11 wrote:
spinoza wrote:
mishswati06 wrote:

AO ?

My AO is IR as well, still waiting

For anyone wondering, AO is an admissions officer. Mine was Isabelle Ramos

Intern
Intern
Send PM
i don't think we will see any invites today, as i've read that the adcom office is closed for Easter Monday
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: The INSEAD Entrepreneurship Bootcamp
Like many of my peers at INSEAD, one of the many reasons I applied to the MBA program was to test out my own venture ideas and test the entrepreneurial waters on my own. Of course, any successful entrepreneur will... Continue Reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.98
Send PM
I worked for Samsung Research for 19 months. During this time , I worked with Korean counterparts but did not get an opportunity to work abroad. I left Samsung and tried my hands at Professional Football , my passion, for 9 months. Played at local tournaments but failed to make it through. then joined corporate football management and currently working in it. We have taken our tournament into 6 cities in India. I do not have international experience as such, ofcourse football is a global sport but still. I am also a 2 time national level muay thai athlete. A total of around 50 months of work experience. GMAT is 720(50q38v). I feel that a lack of international experience will reduce my chances at INSEAD. Other than that, I have been in sports like swimming , freestyle football and volleyball and I love to get involved in world history, politics, the working of spy agencies and future war scenarios in the world. Shall I apply to Insead?
Any kind of advice is highly appreciated
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
I think we are about to see interview invitation within upcoming days/hours. Wish best of luck to all of us. Keep us posted in case u've received email.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kwas86 wrote:
I think we are about to see interview invitation within upcoming days/hours. Wish best of luck to all of us. Keep us posted in case u've received email.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Yepp if anyone has got interview invites today, kindly share !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
No news yet it seems

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
kushagra10 wrote:
I worked for Samsung Research for 19 months. During this time , I worked with Korean counterparts but did not get an opportunity to work abroad. I left Samsung and tried my hands at Professional Football , my passion, for 9 months. Played at local tournaments but failed to make it through. then joined corporate football management and currently working in it. We have taken our tournament into 6 cities in India. I do not have international experience as such, ofcourse football is a global sport but still. I am also a 2 time national level muay thai athlete. A total of around 50 months of work experience. GMAT is 720(50q38v). I feel that a lack of international experience will reduce my chances at INSEAD. Other than that, I have been in sports like swimming , freestyle football and volleyball and I love to get involved in world history, politics, the working of spy agencies and future war scenarios in the world. Shall I apply to Insead?
Any kind of advice is highly appreciated

Kushagra10 - That is a choice that you need to make. Please understand that MBA is not the destination but its a facilitator on your journey towards your destination. Having said that, there are several factors to consider - First and Foremost - WHY MBA. I think this is the most important question that you need to answer. Once you have the answer to that, there is no dearth of B-schools, program choices, customised courses - you name it and you will find it. Second, there are many things that INSEAD sees in an application - career progression, international experience, leadership and your ability to contribute to the classroom. If 3 points in your resume are really strong, then maybe the school makes a waiver in the 4th point. It is really about self-recognition of yourself and your goals. Why I stress on self-realisation is because that will help you put your essays together which is the strongest and the only tool at your disposal to get this cracking. And once you are clear with that, your essays will portray your story (your true unique story) to the admissions committee and they will then decide whether you are a good fit for the school. Frankly none of us on this forum are a good judge of who should or should not study at INSEAD because we are all on this side of the bridge and desperately hoping to get to the other side. It is only you who needs to have faith on your goals and pursue them and convince INSEAD. My answer to your question - GO FOR IT! You don't know if you can get through or not but if you don't try you never will know the answer to that :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts