Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 06:38 It is currently 05 May 2024, 06:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10035 [0]
Given Kudos: 4544
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 366
Send PM
Re: Calling all HHL Leipzig MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Is anyone applying to HHL for 2017 intake? Can you please let me know your reason for choosing this school and Germany in particular?
CR Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 15280 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools:
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
WE:Corporate Finance (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: Calling all HHL Leipzig MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
powellmittra wrote:
Is anyone applying to HHL for 2017 intake? Can you please let me know your reason for choosing this school and Germany in particular?

The following links could be useful:

calling-all-hhl-leipzig-mba-applicants-2016-intake-class-of-208609.html#p1602419

calling-all-hhl-leipzig-mba-applicants-2016-intake-class-of-208609.html#p1602307
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi All,

I am an MBA aspirant from India with the following profile:

Professional Experience: 6.5 years in the IT services industry
International Experience: 20 months, from Feb, 2014-Dec, 2014 and April, 2015 - Feb, 2016
GMAT: 720 (Q42, V47)
German Proficiency: Started taking A1 classes and hope to achieve limited to good professional fluency by August, 2017.

My goal is to get into management consulting post-MBA and have shortlisted HHL, WHU and MBS as my target schools. I am currently preparing my application for the September, 2017 intake at HHL (15 months Fast Track course). I have a few questions regarding the institute and the programme, and would appreciate if current students and/or alumni can answer them:

1. Does the class size of 35 at HHL include Fast Track and Advanced Track students or are there two separate classes?

2. Is internship and/or international module a part of the Fast Track course?

3. Is the master thesis undertaken under the guidance of a faculty at the institute or does it constitute an internship with a company?

4. Can I, as an Indian with limited to good professional fluency of German, realistically expect to land a job offer by course completion or is it normal for MBA graduates to be offered internships that may get converted to job offers?

Thanks,
Karthik.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
I request all applicants to add HHL Leipzig MBA program to your MBA timeline so that the applicant stats displayed in the first post reflect true picture of admissions. While adding the program, MAKE SURE you are setting it for graduation year i.e. 'Class of 2019'.

Attachment:
HHL_Leipzig.png
HHL_Leipzig.png [ 92.02 KiB | Viewed 5625 times ]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Hello,

I have my interview scheduled next week.
any tips or set of standard Qs specifically for HHL will be highly appreciated?

Thanks in Advance!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools: (A)
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
WE:General Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hello Guys,
My name is Aadil; I got my confirmation from HHL yesterday that I am selected. Hope to meet everyone on this post soon in HHL.
Please do join this post I believe it will be very helpful to know each other.

If you require any help from me, do let me know.

Best Regards
Aadil
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
aadileakhter wrote:
Hello Guys,
My name is Aadil; I got my confirmation from HHL yesterday that I am selected. Hope to meet everyone on this post soon in HHL.

Best Regards
Aadil

Congratulations Aadil! Which program have you got accepted to? When will the program begin?

Could you tell about your profile? What is your background, MBA goal and GMAT score?
Besides, I appreciate if you can share your experiences about the application process. It would be great to learn from your experiences and hear tips from you.

Which schools have you applied besides HHL?

Best, and congrats again
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
badboson wrote:
Hello,

I have my interview scheduled next week.
any tips or set of standard Qs specifically for HHL will be highly appreciated?

Thanks in Advance!!

Hi badboson, how was your interview? Any news? We would be very happy to hear your experiences.

Which schools have you applied to besides HHL? What is your GMAT score and background?

Bests
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools: (A)
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
WE:General Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
chismooo wrote:
aadileakhter wrote:
Hello Guys,

Best Regards
Aadil

Congratulations Aadil! Which program have you got accepted to? When will the program begin?

Could you tell about your profile? What is your background, MBA goal and GMAT score?
Besides, I appreciate if you can share your experiences about the application process. It would be great to learn from your experiences and hear tips from you.

Which schools have you applied besides HHL?

Best, and congrats again

Thank you Chismoo,
I am selected for the Full-time MBA of HHL. I am the co-founder at LeanPort which is a software company based in India with an office in Berlin and partner office in major parts of the world. I have been running my company for the past six years. My MBA goal is simply to enhance my skill sets and improve my people engagement skills. Also, networking is one of my key reasons for pursuing an MBA.
My GMAT score was 660.
My overall experience was excellent, I was in touch with the Student recruitment manager for the past few months which was a great help as I had no idea about GMAT etc, the overall process was pretty straightforward, and there was no problem completing them.
For my interview, I was asked questions about the work I have done so far and my future plans. I would say it was a very friendly interview and I felt no pressure about it. I just want to advice, be honest in your SOP as I believe that will play a very critical part in your admission process and try to write it yourself. This would give you a lot of confidence.
I have not applied to any other school besides HHL as I was clear from the very start that I want to join HHL because it is very economical and it is one of the best programs for Entrepreneurs in Germany.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 296
Schools: Mannheim"17
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Guys who all got accepted to HHL?? I will be joining full time MBA class starting sept 2017.

I wanted to know from students who are studying there about the accomodation at Leipzig. Lets have a watsapp group where we can talk about this.

Please share your numbers so that I can create a group. My number is +91 7207470592

Ratnesh
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I am hoping to meet a few batch mates here. I am currently employed in Banking Industry and after 8 yrs of work ex decided to get back to academics :) I applied to HHL and was interviewed by Dr Vilks. I have received an offer. Thanks to Sayantan for reviewing the School and its program, means a lot from the horses mouth. I am indeed impressed by their international mix. Hoping to have an amazing experience ahead... this is Anumita saying...hi
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.12
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
to all those who have been admitted to hhl i have few questions to ask :
1) Do you speak german language or if not how you plan to learn it ??
2) Have any one of you received scholarship from hhl and if yes what is the amount they have offered to admitted students??
3) Do students work part time during their MBA at HHL ??
4) If you had choice between frankfurt school of finance and managment and HHL Leipzig School which one would you choose and why ??

Thanks in Advance for your time in answering me questions ..i really appreciate thanks again. !!

P.S. : Awaiting for your replies soon !!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73041 [0]
Given Kudos: 18907
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All WHU MBA Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All WHU MBA Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All WHU MBA Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated WHU MBA Forum to dive into all things related to WHU MBA's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts