Last visit was: 09 Jun 2024, 00:16 It is currently 09 Jun 2024, 00:16
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.87
WE:Asset Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V34
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q48 V27
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Did anyone get wait listed? What happens in that case?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Just got the call. I am in....!!!!

Good luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Got an admit. Thursday 16th, March 2017
Anyone have an idea what it means when the Provisional Aid Letter says
No Letter Available ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aimeehittinger wrote:
What track is everyone doing? Saturdays, T/TH, or flex?

I am on the East Coast and my first preference was flex but off lately I am thinking about relocating to California to maximize the FEMBA experience. Not sure where should I target my job search? Bay Area vs LA? I am in technology and post FEMBA would like to continue in tech (prod mgmt or consulting). So, Bay Area makes more sense but it's equally expensive and I will be traveling on weekends (with Saturday option).

LA is relatively better than Bay Area in terms of cost of living (as per online cost of living calculators. Not sure abt the ground reality). Plus, I won't have to travel during the FEMBA :)
The only thing I am concerned about is the long-term Tech prospects in LA. Does anyone have any idea about the LA tech scene (excluding startups)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Got an admit last week. Also one of the finalists for the Fellowship. Need to submit an application for that. Anyone knows what the Fellowship amt is?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
are you all R2 applicants?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Yale '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Kudos
ashfsk wrote:
Got an admit last week. Also one of the finalists for the Fellowship. Need to submit an application for that. Anyone knows what the Fellowship amt is?

Had the same question so I emailed Financial Aid. Amount is $10k for the 1st year, not renewable.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Good to hear on decisions going out!! I'm R2 and still waiting on mine.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
dadhwal1982 wrote:
aimeehittinger wrote:

I am on the East Coast and my first preference was flex but off lately I am thinking about relocating to California to maximize the FEMBA experience. Not sure where should I target my job search? Bay Area vs LA? I am in technology and post FEMBA would like to continue in tech (prod mgmt or consulting). So, Bay Area makes more sense but it's equally expensive and I will be traveling on weekends (with Saturday option).

LA is relatively better than Bay Area in terms of cost of living (as per online cost of living calculators. Not sure abt the ground reality). Plus, I won't have to travel during the FEMBA :)
The only thing I am concerned about is the long-term Tech prospects in LA. Does anyone have any idea about the LA tech scene (excluding startups)?

Cost of living in LA will definitely be cheaper than the Bay Area. There are of course pockets of LA that are comparable but you can find something that works without looking too hard. In terms of tech, there is a "mini-boom" of tech companies showing up in Playa Vista/Venice area. It's pegged as Silicon Beach and in 10 years time the real estate in that area will probably be just as ridiculous as the Bay.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Cares wrote:
dadhwal1982 wrote:
aimeehittinger wrote:

Cost of living in LA will definitely be cheaper than the Bay Area. There are of course pockets of LA that are comparable but you can find something that works without looking too hard. In terms of tech, there is a "mini-boom" of tech companies showing up in Playa Vista/Venice area. It's pegged as Silicon Beach and in 10 years time the real estate in that area will probably be just as ridiculous as the Bay.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 700 Q41 V44
GPA: 3.68
WE:Analyst (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hello all. Recently submitted my application for R3. Congrats to those already admitted. Hoping to join your ranks as Anderson is my first choice!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know the percentages of waitlisted applicants for FEMBA? (how many people get placed on the WL -- their website says 50% of those people usually get in).

Anyone get waitlisted and then accepted?

I was waitlisted in R1 and have been working with admissions for the past few months -- they wanted me to bring up my GMAT score but loved the rest of the application. I brought up my score but I feel like not enough, so I'm nervous. I just suck at the GMAT, ha.

Any success stories?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q48 V27
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
Send PM
nikkisab wrote:
Does anyone know the percentages of waitlisted applicants for FEMBA? (how many people get placed on the WL -- their website says 50% of those people usually get in).

Anyone get waitlisted and then accepted?

I was waitlisted in R1 and have been working with admissions for the past few months -- they wanted me to bring up my GMAT score but loved the rest of the application. I brought up my score but I feel like not enough, so I'm nervous. I just suck at the GMAT, ha.

Any success stories?

I got wait listed in R2. You mentioned you took the GMAT again - how much did you bring your score up? I haven't heard or read anything other than what their email said related to roughly 50% getting in of those who improve their application.

In speaking with admissions, have you done anything? Called them frequently? Do we just sit and wait?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It's mostly a waiting game besides emailing them updates about my application.

I'd love to hear if anyone has successfully gotten off the waitlist and what they have done!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V37
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
I submitted my application for R3 last night and am scheduled for the Interview on 5/6. Does anyone have any suggestions / tips on what type of questions are asked? Also, anyone from the Bay Area who is planning to attend interviews on the 6th?
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
deepayanc wrote:
I submitted my application for R3 last night and am scheduled for the Interview on 5/6. Does anyone have any suggestions / tips on what type of questions are asked? Also, anyone from the Bay Area who is planning to attend interviews on the 6th?
Thanks

You will be paired with a current student or an alumni of the program. It is the standard go over your resume and tell me about your best accomplishments. Then goes into why you want an MBA and how it'll help your career. The point of the interview is to just see if you're a good fit "in person" for the program. A lot of applicants are great on paper but not so great in person and vice versa. The interview will especially help if you're on the bubble.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
nikkisab wrote:
It's mostly a waiting game besides emailing them updates about my application.

I'd love to hear if anyone has successfully gotten off the waitlist and what they have done!

I was a '18 WL. I can't remember all the details, but I *believe* i was R2. Was notified mid April about being on the WL and was asked to bring up my GMAT scores which I successfully did two weeks later.

I heard back mid June that was off the list (I assume the were waiting to assess the apps from R3 but could be wrong.

Hope this helps. I imagine every year is different.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts