Last visit was: 09 Jun 2024, 18:41 It is currently 09 Jun 2024, 18:41
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Olin '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Olin St.Louis Class of 2019: Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]
NoDing wrote:
zsb123 wrote:
How do you guys feel about the ability to get a job outside of St. Louis? It seems like the majority of grads end up there but hard to tell if that's by choice or due to the connections Olin has.

The jobs are definitely more in St. Louis and Midwest at large. But that is expected of a regional school. Between the two schools you are considering that's a battle you will have to fight anyway (Carlson will restrict you largely to Minneapolis). That being said, I have spoken to / connected with a few alumni who are placed elsewhere within the States. It's tougher but it's not that it can't be done. Also, if you look at their employment report 46% are placed in rest of the States.

Posted from my mobile device

46% outside of the midwest isn't too bad for a regional school. Wish there was better data available for the remaining 54%. Safe to assume some of that is Chicago/MSP/KC etc. If you want to work elsewhere it's certainly doable.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
NoDing- what did you learn from speaking with the alumni? From what I hear the alumni are very involved in the school's growth but i heard that from the staff. Any other insight you can share?

Zsb- did you interview at Kelley yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah I interviewed with Kelley a few weeks back. Solid program but probably not my first choice due to the size of Bloomington (spouse needs to have employment opportunities.) Besides that - the outcomes between the three programs I applied to don't seem all that different. Location, class size, curriculum, etc are the primary differentiators in my opinion.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
I had my interview last week with Kelley. I like the idea of the Academies but that is it. its a great program for marketing and consumer products. But, i am still on the edge between that and consulting. Olin seems like a better bet as of now unless i get a big scholarship.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Olin '19 (II)
Send PM
In the same boat as many others over here. R2 application, got my admit in mid Jan.

Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted students?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
zsb123 wrote:
Great insights! Maybe you have me 51/49 towards Olin now :lol:

Congrats on your interview invite to Kelley and admit to Olin and Carlson
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ruggerkaz wrote:
NoDing- what did you learn from speaking with the alumni? From what I hear the alumni are very involved in the school's growth but i heard that from the staff. Any other insight you can share?

Zsb- did you interview at Kelley yet?

I did have some great interactions with the alumni. While not everyone is obviously involved, there is definitely a sense of pride of the school they have graduated from. And hence you can reach out to them pretty easily.

I do know it's a good school especially in terms of jobs in the marketing domain (I checked about that since that's what I intend to pursue.)

A lot of big companies don't come on campus for MBA students, many show up for the undergrad program, so you largely have to rely on networking, so start that today! :) (Makes it esp.tougher for internationals).

Anybody planning to attend the admit weekend please do share your impression of the school overall!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'll be attending the admitted students weekend. Looking forward to interacting with alumni/students/staff. Hoping they will be able to alleviate some of my questions & concerns.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
To those who attended: How did the admit weekend go? Were all doubts clarified? Would be great to know the details.

And who all have finally decided to enroll? deposit deadline beckons!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
NoDing wrote:
To those who attended: How did the admit weekend go? Were all doubts clarified? Would be great to know the details.

Had a great time this weekend and was quite impressed by the other admitted students. The facilities were incredible, staff was friendly, and Olin certainly spared no expense to show us a good time. Of the 20-30 people I discussed with, maybe 3-4 are 100% set on attending. For me personally, I liked Olin but I'm not sure it differentiated itself from a value perspective compared to the other options I have on the table.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
zsb123 wrote:
NoDing wrote:

Had a great time this weekend and was quite impressed by the other admitted students. The facilities were incredible, staff was friendly, and Olin certainly spared no expense to show us a good time. Of the 20-30 people I discussed with, maybe 3-4 are 100% set on attending. For me personally, I liked Olin but I'm not sure it differentiated itself from a value perspective compared to the other options I have on the table.

Thanks for that! I have decided to enroll at Olin, so it's great to know about the students, facilities and the staff!

Best of luck as you make your decision!

Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
I think ZSB said it best. Olin made sure to show all admitted students a good time. Like him I was generally impressed by the caliber of students Olin admitted and just as impressed with the campus facilities, staff and current students I met with. The Dean's welcome message was truly inspiring and it sounds like he's focused on raising the schools visibility nationally and to some extent internationally. Throughout the weekend the things that stuck out the most to me were the conversations I had with students. They were genuine in their respnsonses about the program and it's focus on creating a friendly, collaborative and tight knit community. I was also just as impressed at learning more about the opportunities offered through the CEL practicum and how that will help expand my marketable skills. Although I am biased as I chose Olin before admit weekend my visit helped re-affirm to me that I made the right choice.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Who all have made the deposit? I have made my first deposit. Am working on the I20 formalities.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hey Guys! I just got an admit from Olin (No email but just saw the status on their portal!) :D

How much time does it take for the admissions packet to reach ( I am based out of India). Also, there wasn't any mention of a scholarship on the portal :|
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hey guys is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted students?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
adutta120689 wrote:
Hey Guys! I just got an admit from Olin (No email but just saw the status on their portal!) :D

How much time does it take for the admissions packet to reach ( I am based out of India). Also, there wasn't any mention of a scholarship on the portal :|

Hey congratulations on your admit! The scholarships details are mentioned in an e-admit packet which you should expect in a couple of days. The school does not send any package via regular mail.
Best of luck!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hello! I am from India and I was wondeing if anybody has any suggestions on how to go about evaluating funding options? Though I have not recieved my admit packet yet, I will need help even if I get a scholarship and hence any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts