Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 12:55 It is currently 02 May 2024, 12:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: IMD '17 (M)
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2018 Entry) class of Dec 2018! [#permalink]
Another query.

I was working for a company, which provides services to major oil and gas exploration companies. I do not see any good match which will fit the oil and gas sector in the Work Sector drop down options. Although it provided services to oil and gas companies it is not 'Service Industry'. It is not even manufacturing or consulting. An option called Energy Industry would have been helpful :)

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
GMAT 1: 760 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2018 Entry) class of Dec 2018! [#permalink]
Should we send our resume along with the online application ? I don't see IMD asking for it anywhere
Thanks !

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
beefcakeharsh wrote:
Another query.

I was working for a company, which provides services to major oil and gas exploration companies. I do not see any good match which will fit the oil and gas sector in the Work Sector drop down options. Although it provided services to oil and gas companies it is not 'Service Industry'. It is not even manufacturing or consulting. An option called Energy Industry would have been helpful :)

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hey beefcakeharsh,

I checked with the admission and this is their reply:

For the additional questions, we would advise 100 words.
Regarding the sector sections, it is taken from an ISO list for the entire IMD. So please chose what is closest to the industry.

Thanks

Originally posted by vibis on 30 Mar 2017, 13:59.
Last edited by vibis on 31 Mar 2017, 05:53, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Zoehays wrote:
Should we send our resume along with the online application ? I don't see IMD asking for it anywhere
Thanks !

Hey Zoehays,

As far as I remember, no CV is required, since you are already filling similar fields in online application.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: What meets the eye…
Today’s guest entry is by Rajashree Patankar, from India, who is writing about her startup experience with Eyeware and her team: Yik long Lee (Hong Kong Chinese), Noah Lev (Canadian/Dutch), Elpida Lygerou (Greek), Beatrice Maccaferri (Italian), and Tiago Santos (Portuguese).

How wonderful would it be if you could read someone’s eyes effortlessly! Imagine a world where things work at the wink of an eye and not at the click of a mouse. The world is evolving and so are our needs with the advent of technology in our lives. Eye tracking is that opportune technology that can change the way we perceive things. Eyeware is the startup revolutionizing the integration of human-machine interaction in everyday life.Eyeware identified this gap in the existing eye tracking technology and launched with the vision to give all computers, devices and robots the ability to understand people. Its eye tracking technology can be applied in in assistive technology, home automation, behavior research, social robotics, and advertising.

We were introduced to this path-breaking technology by the CEO Kenneth Funes who is the researcher behind the Eyeware technology and has published multiple papers in top journals and conferences. We interacted majorly with Serban Mogos, the COO and Bastjan Prenaj who is the Chief Business Development Officer.

Our interactions reflect the perfect match of our entrepreneurial learnings with real world business needs. Our discussions with the Eyeware team and research led us to finding the possible arenas where such a technology would be most applicable. Through relentless dialogues with potential customers we established our findings which can work as a framework for Eyeware in the future. Our key learnings were that the market has a plethora of opportunities for technology based businesses, however the skill lies in identifying the most attractive and sustainable one. This experience also gave us a real sense of how costs are an important factor in business especially in the field of research and technology where development investments are high. Our key takeaway was a look into how the value of a technology product can drive the business.

While we are in the process of delivering the final output of this project to the Eyeware team, we look forward to seeing the progress this business makes in the future. Amidst lots of brainstorming and the diversity of our backgrounds, our team of six has bonded and evolved. Thankfully, if there is one thing we never forgot in this journey is to have fun and take everyday as it came!

Cheers to this wonderful learning experience and many more to come for the rest of the year!

Rajashree

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Exams approaching
We are now officially done with our startup project. We presented to VCs yesterday. We also presented our work to our startup today and handed over all our work. It has been a fantastic learning experience for us thinking from the perspective of a real startup! loanboox is such a fast growing startup today in Switzerland. Hopefully all 6 of us will cross paths with the startup in the future.

We went to a nice restaurant by the beautiful lake for a quick celebratory lunch after our VC presentations. Here is all 6 of us posing at the shores of lake geneva.

Now that the presentations are over, we are about to finally start preparations for our first term exams starting next week.

The official bloggers are going to be rather quiet for the next two weeks (exams + easter). We will see you soon just after our exams.

Sath

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Exams, class profiles and admissions
As Sathappan mentionned in his blog earlier this week, the first round of exams are approaching and we can all feel the tension building in the class. For the MBA Team, this is normal and expected, a pattern that is repeated each year. But we are not the ones having to do the actual juggling of deadlines and exam prep!

On our side, Career Services have been focusing on releasing the 2017 Class Profiles. These are now available, and if you haven’t already taken a look, they’re a great way to get an overview of each of our participants and their career achievements prior to IMD. This in turn should help you to decide if you would fit in a similar group – could you learn from them and could they learn something from you?

Some interesting statistics about this class:

62% have lived in over three different countries for six months or more

61% already have a Masters or PhD

45% have prior startup experience

It’s seems strange to think this year’s class has only been on campus for a few months, and yet the first round of admissions for 2018 is already finished, offers have been made and the first seats for next year’s class have been filled.

Last weekend saw the second application deadline, and we’ve received some great applications. The admissions team is now reading all the files and then we’ll once again face the tough job of deciding who should be invited for an interview – either here on campus as usual, or alternatively in Singapore or São Paulo next month.

We’ve also organised a variety of options on and off campus for people to get to know us better before June’s third application deadline. If you would like to meet us, all details and registration can be found on our website

After Easter, the MBAs will be adding some new topics to their business skills, including negotiation, strategy, innovation and a week of International Political Economy with about 30 guest speakers coming from renowned organisations around the world – I’m sure they’ll be sharing the details with you.

We wish the MBAs the best of luck with their exams!

Suzy

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Change is just one decision away
Today’s guest entry offers some advice to our participants from one of our 2016 graduates, Patrick DeCaro, Swiss/German/American.

The first part of the MBA is already coming to an end. You might not know it or realize it yet, but you have changed. Being around 90 people from different backgrounds with so varied life paths and being exposed to top notch professor tends to have that effect. And that is actually what you came to IMD for: to change.

But now your minds are focused on the first set of exams. You are trying to find all the notes from all the classes. You are stomping around ranting that you aren’t a finance person, or an accountant or that you don’t want to do operations in your life. You are putting in all the hours that you should have already but didn’t because you were working on other things that were asked of you. But don’t worry, it’s not about all that.

What you don’t know is that IMD digs deep into your soul and messes with all the things you think you know about yourself. It rearranges things in ways that you don’t fully comprehend. The exams are just another tool IMD uses for this. You work with your colleagues, spend sleepless nights, drink numerous coffees, ask for last minute advice and help here and there… Guess what? That is the point! Obviously, you must pass the exams. But you will remember the preparation, the way you all managed a certain question and failed another. The bond between you all is growing. That’s the first point.

For more concrete advice, this is what I believe: like any pile of problems, take one at a time instead of looking at the whole pile. The same applies here: take each exam one at a time. There are several rounds in a fight. Each one is as important as the next. Give each round your all, and you will be victorious and get your hand raised in the end. Obviously, getting enough sleep and eating well is also fundamental to be able to think correctly. A breath of fresh air is also appreciated from time to time. All in all, don’t worry too much, it will be all good. It’s going to be OK!

Besides creating a new network of exceptional people, IMD has a second point. It asks a question to each one of its participants. Listen. Do you hear the question? Listen again. The question is the following: Who are you? Obviously, Ralf will tell you all about the metaphysical and philosophical aspects of such a fundamental question and but only you, yourself, can try to answer it.

Being around different people with different values, different goals, different points of view is a way for you to confront yourself on your own stances. What do I actually value? What is important to me? What are my priorities and why? Less than a week ago, my fiancée’s 36-year-old brother passed away in a car accident. No one was prepared for this devastating news. The flow of emotions is still endless. It jumps from anger, to sadness, to numbness and even fear.

But here is another spin on things. Her brother was a free spirit. He didn’t abide to imposed rules, to the etiquette of “this is what is done”. He moved along in life as he knew was right for him. Sometimes, though, this brought strife and conflict with his loved ones, but it was his path, no matter how unconventional it was. It was right for him. He did not have a differed life plan. His plan was to live life. And that is what he did until the very last spark of life. Through his passing, he shares his way of life and inspires the hundreds of people that remember him, that he touched with his kindness, his smile, his laughter, his bad jokes and much much more.

Life can end from one second to the next; it really can. Ask yourself the IMD question: who are you?

What job would make me happy? What do I love to do? Who do I love being around? What or who do I want to be? And what or who not? Am I happy? Why or why not? And how do I get there?

These are in my opinion the fundamental questions that you have time to explore during your year at IMD. Intellectual and emotional sparring partners surround you daily. Use them to dig deep into yourself, to find the answers, your answers. No matter what the answers are, it’s OK. They will be the guide, the moral compass, that you need to make sure that you are going in the right direction, your right direction.

IMD Leadership is just that. It’s about giving you the tools you need to become a more whole version of yourself. Hard knowledge is just a small piece of the puzzle. The soft skills that you are exposed to is what really makes the difference in life. It’s not about the information you receive. It’s about how you deliver that information in any given situation to any given person. It’s more about the how, rather than the what. That is what you start learning at IMD.

I believe this is all true while writing your CV’s, during your quest for a CEP, during your hunt for that perfect job. Stay true to yourself, and don’t compare yourself to others. You are all different in a unique way!

And if you realize that you aren’t facing in the direction that is aligned with who you are or you strive to be, always remember the following: change is just one decision away…

Patrick

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Photo blog – studying
There is less lively interaction coming from the study rooms these days, as the MBAs continue to prepare for the remaining exams this week.

Suzy

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
GPA: 2.83
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Just received an invitation for the assessment day in Sao Paulo on May 2. I would like to invite all participants to join me in a https://gmatclub.com/chat group so we can know each other and prepare together. If you are interested, please send me your number in a private message.

Kind regards

Sent from my XT1635-02 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Congrats, ceps !!! Which round did you apply??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Prashant_1986 wrote:

Thank you Prashant! Applied for R2, deadline on April 01 =)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ceps wrote:
Prashant_1986 wrote:

Wow ceps. That was quick. I am still waiting for feedback. All the best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
beefcakeharsh wrote:
ceps wrote:
Prashant_1986 wrote:

Wow ceps. That was quick. I am still waiting for feedback. All the best.

Thank you mate, wish you the very best as well. Perhaps they anticipate feedback for those interested in attending the assessment day in Sao Paulo (I am applying from Brazil) as it is scheduled to happen on May 2nd instead of May 16th in Lausanne. Just a guess.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did you receive the invatation for the assement or for the master class? I thought the assement day here in Brasil would be just on the weekend.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Daniel.frezatti wrote:
Did you receive the invatation for the assement or for the master class? I thought the assement day here in Brasil would be just on the weekend.

Answered by PM.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Alumni story – The purest form of business
Oliver Freiland, from Germany, completed his MBA in 2009.

In our latest alumni story, Oliver shares with us his career journey since his graduation and his recent successful entry into the world of entrepreneurship …

Read Oliver’s story

Suzy

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts