Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:31 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [5]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
jerrygmat wrote:
Has anyone received the email for confirming to stay on the waitlist yet?

Nothing here !! Wondering if no news is bad news or good news .. feeling really confused !! .. I feel like the chances are really slim.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Kudos
tneu64 wrote:
I'm in off the waitlist!

Here's what worked for me. You can never really know for sure why you're waitlisted, but I assumed it was because of my weak quant background as a liberal arts major and lowish GMAT quant of 45. The very first thing I did was finish the mbamath.com certification that I had neglected to finish before applying and send in the transcript. The course was easy and took less than a week. I would only really recommend it if you're in a situation like I was. I also registered to retake the GMAT in February and registered for the HBX CORe program which I wouldn't have even started by the R2 deadline but I hoped would show how seriously I was taking things. A lot of people thought I was kind of crazy to bother with the GMAT again after getting a 740 the first time around but I couldn't shake the feeling that my 45 was holding me back after comparing it to admitted students.

I sent in my first update letter a couple days after officially registering my interest to stay on the waitlist back in January. This "letter" was 801 words and structured as an essay covering the following: how Northwestern was still my program of choice, the areas I suspected the adcom may have seen as my potential weak spots and how I was addressing them, and professional updates (including a promotion).

A month later I retook the GMAT and managed to bump my quant score up to a 48 for a total of 750. Sweet.

Based on advice from current students, I also got my assigned adcom officer's email address from the admissions office early and sent a short note saying hello and that NW was my top choice. From this point on I managed to find a reason to call the admissions office about once a week for the following five weeks for one reason or another, confirming they had received this or that document or asking for their opinion on shoring up a weak quant background. Mostly just noise to be honest. My adcom officer finally responded when I sent her another short note (at the admissions office's suggestion) regarding an upcoming professional deadline. The tone was exceptionally friendly and she encouraged me to keep sending updates. I sent another three emails over the next month leading up to the R2 deadline detailing some of the more interesting work I was doing for a major military training exercise. I never got (nor asked for) direct feedback on my application but her replies showed she was interested in what I had going on. When she called with the good news on the R2 deadline she mentioned that she had really appreciated the attention I had paid Northwestern throughout the process. I think this persistence really made all the difference.

Congratulations on the admit! You apparently put a lot of effort into this. I'm a R2 waitlisted international applicant. Were you assigned a waitlist manager in R1? I asked another waitlisted applicant in R1 and he said he hasn't been assigned any waitlist manager, wonder what's the case for R2 and should we only wait till that email comes in asking our interest staying on waitlist or not...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Kudos
bravedaphne wrote:

Congratulations on the admit! You apparently put a lot of effort into this. I'm a R2 waitlisted international applicant. Were you assigned a waitlist manager in R1? I asked another waitlisted applicant in R1 and he said he hasn't been assigned any waitlist manager, wonder what's the case for R2 and should we only wait till that email comes in asking our interest staying on waitlist or not...

I would say wait. I was assigned a waitlist manager. Fairly certain everyone was assigned one based on the form letter they upload to your profile once you accept the spot on the waitlist.

Here's what the first email will say:

Quote:
We are writing to confirm your interest in remaining on the Kellogg JDMBA waitlist. Please log in and complete this form to indicate your desire to remain on our waitlist by January 6, 2017. If we do not hear a response from you by this deadline, we will assume you have made other plans and will remove your application from consideration.

Once you confirm your place on the waitlist, you will find further instructions for providing updates to the admissions office on your application status page. You can also visit the Waitlist FAQ page for helpful information. If you have a time sensitive update regarding your MBA plans, please email xxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxxx.edu so that we may assist you.

Sincerely,

The Kellogg Admissions Team

Once you do that, you'll get one of these:

Quote:
Dear tneu64,

Thank you for your interest in Kellogg and confirming you would like to remain on the waitlist. Waitlist applications are reviewed in conjunction with applications in the upcoming round and we do not provide individual or specific feedback to applicants on the waitlist. For most of our applicants on the waitlist, no further information is required by admissions – we simply need more time to evaluate the applications which have come through in the subsequent rounds.

We understand being on the waitlist means uncertainty on the applicant’s behalf about the final outcome of their Kellogg application. To help alleviate some of that uncertainty we want you to know an Admissions Officer, Xxxx Xxxxxx, will be reviewing your application and will review any updates you submit. If the Admissions Officer has any questions they will reach out to you directly.

To Submit an Update to your Admissions Officer:

Please submit all updates through the Waitlist Update Form. You may inform us of other program deposit deadlines, where Kellogg sits in your consideration set, important dates in your MBA planning timeline, professional or personal developments since you submitted your application, and/or new insights that have impacted your continued interest in Kellogg. You may also upload additional documents to your application through the Application Status Page, such as an updated GMAT score or resume.

The Admissions Committee will be rendering decisions on a rolling basis. Candidates may be offered decisions until the class is full. We appreciate your patience during this process and your continued interest in Kellogg.

Sincerely,
The Kellogg Admissions Team

Once you have this letter you can give the admissions office a call and ask for your waitlist manager's contact info so you can reach out and say hello.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
Send PM
Did everyone in the waiting list just got an email with an offer to remain in the waiting list ? I just did
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Same here...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
I just got a mail from Kellogg asking if I want to stay on the waitlist. I was also assigned to a member of the Adcom who will be my point of contact throughout the waitlist process.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How's everyone handling the wait?? Anyone hoping to hear something before R3 deadline?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
The wait since R1 has been a bit grueling. Really hoping to hear something positive with the R3 decisions next month. Planning to retake the GMAT in about a week to see if I can edge my score up a bit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
jon1014 wrote:
The wait since R1 has been a bit grueling. Really hoping to hear something positive with the R3 decisions next month. Planning to retake the GMAT in about a week to see if I can edge my score up a bit.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
When should we expect to hear from admissions regarding our status on the waitlist? I've gotten mixed feedback on the dates, ranging from End of April through Mid May. Does anyone have a more concrete timeline?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [2]
Given Kudos: 53
Send PM
Kudos
Yesterday I rejected Kellogg's offer. Hope that my spot will be given to someone from this forum! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: HBS '19 (WL)
Send PM
manlog wrote:
Yesterday I rejected Kellogg's offer. Hope that my spot will be given to someone from this forum! :)

This is very kind. Did you decide not to attend any program this year, or were you accepted elsewhere?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Has anyone heard back yet? Are the decisions being released on a rolling basis still?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Haven't seen anything yet. I'd expect to see movement next week with the round 3 results if they're consistent with last year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Hopefully hear some news this week! Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
I have received an email from my waitlist officer, that tells me that today I will receive an update. I don't know if it is the same for everyone though.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Some people in ClearAdmit are reporting updates (R3 applicants) but nothing from waitlisted candidates. Not sure what to expect and when to expect it!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts