Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 00:22 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 108
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
sandeep : sharma
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation and should I retake gmat ? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
GmatBawse wrote:
I am an environmental engineer by education, and am currently working with government on a national project. I am 27, female, masters graduate in environment field.

Following are my stats

Bachelors : 72.46% BE environmental engg., Delhi college of engineering , India (one of the top engineering colleges in India)

Masters : dual degree MS Environmental science Unesco -IHE , Netherlands and MS environmental engineering and technology , Ghent university, Belgium : 80%

Internship: Veolia, Czech republic (2 months) and Centre of Environment Quality, Department of chemical engineering, Padova Italy (2 months)

Experience : 3.5 years (currently working at World bank as consultant on national river cleanup with government of India since 1.5 years + 1.5 years as sustainability consultant at Kpmg + 0.5 years non -profit sustainable energy foundation as a trainee)

Extra: learning basic elementary jazz dance since past 4 years

Secretary , society : women in science and engineering (past 8 months)

I gave gmat two times and both times scored 700.

My target schools are HBS, Harvard Kennedy, mit Sloan, Wharton , Kellogg

Please evaluate my profile.

I am appearing for round 2, should I give my gmat again?

Yes, I do think you should retake if you believe you have a better result in you, so to speak. Your current score is not good enough for these schools, especially not for an Indian candidate. However, your profile is really interesting and competitive otherwise so I do believe that if you got a slightly better score, your chances of admission would be pretty good.

Since ARINGO does not offer any GMAT coaching I can’t give you any tips regarding that but we could help you with the rest of the application process if you want, no matter if you retake or not (applicants with a lower GMAT score is a specialty of ours) but as I said, I would recommend a retake first of all in this case. So feel free to contact us here: https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/ if you’d be interested in that and: Good luck!

JL
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
GmatBawse wrote:
I am an environmental engineer by education, and am currently working with government on a national project. I am 27, female, masters graduate in environment field.

Following are my stats

Bachelors : 72.46% BE environmental engg., Delhi college of engineering , India (one of the top engineering colleges in India)

Masters : dual degree MS Environmental science Unesco -IHE , Netherlands and MS environmental engineering and technology , Ghent university, Belgium : 80%

Internship: Veolia, Czech republic (2 months) and Centre of Environment Quality, Department of chemical engineering, Padova Italy (2 months)

Experience : 3.5 years (currently working at World bank as consultant on national river cleanup with government of India since 1.5 years + 1.5 years as sustainability consultant at Kpmg + 0.5 years non -profit sustainable energy foundation as a trainee)

If those schools are your targets, not only should you, but you HAVE to take the GMAT otherwise you will have little to no chance of getting an accept: https://admissionado.com/mba/3-tips-for- ... n=mba_blog

Best,
Jon
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
I'm also of the opinion that you should do whatever you can to increase your test score, however I think that applying to Joint degree programs would be a good strategy for you. Often with joint degree programs there's a separate quota, and it kind of sets you apart from other Indian competitors. Not entirely but to some degree. I would recommend that you check out Wharton Lauder, and also I think that you should consider INSEAD. However the fact of the matter is that if you're Indian you must have at least the average score for the schools involved, and quite honestly should probably have 20 points on top of that. I'm not saying that it's impossible to get in with just the average and not 20 extra points, but you're going to have to work really hard to distinguish yourself from your competitors of which there are many.

https://MBAPrepCoach.com
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
I also want to add that you will be better off applying to round 1 of next year if you feel you can afford the time. And if you will have a fruitful and productive year whether or not you go to Business School. Meaning that your career will add value to your application over the coming year.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Hi,

You definitely have an interesting profile here. Depending on the depth of your experience, the above schools could be worth a shot. Your GMAT will be a weak spot though.

My recommendation would be to improve your GMAT, but still attempt an application to these schools regardless of the outcome. Also pack in a few safe colleges, and you should be set.

We would love to talk to you more - please feel free to reach out using the set up a free profile evaluation link, and we can take this discussion further.

Regards,
Karthik

GmatBawse wrote:

Following are my stats

Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
I also want to add that you will be better off applying to round 1 of next year if you feel you can afford the time. And if you will have a fruitful and productive year whether or not you go to Business School. Meaning that your career will add value to your application over the coming year.

Hey thanks for your input. I have already delayed my application to this year (Was planning to apply in last year). So I am definitely looking to apply this year in R2. Am planning to reappear for my gmat in November to increase GMAT score once I have prepared my essays.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AugustAcademy wrote:
Hi,

You definitely have an interesting profile here. Depending on the depth of your experience, the above schools could be worth a shot. Your GMAT will be a weak spot though.

My recommendation would be to improve your GMAT, but still attempt an application to these schools regardless of the outcome. Also pack in a few safe colleges, and you should be set.

We would love to talk to you more - please feel free to reach out using the set up a free profile evaluation link, and we can take this discussion further.

Regards,
Karthik

GmatBawse wrote:

Following are my stats

Thank you for the optimism. Will set up profile to take the conversation further.
GMAT Club Bot