Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 19:00 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5430 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4658 [0]
Given Kudos: 633
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 33014 [0]
Given Kudos: 5781
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Re: Last 20 days [#permalink]
Expert Reply
marco123 wrote:
Hi guys!

Yesterday I did a VeritasPrep CAT. This is my score:

TOTAL: 690
VERBAL: Score 37/ Percentile 83%
QUANT: Score 48/ Percentile 71%

Here the percentage of problems answered correctly in each section:
PS 81.82%
DS 66.67%
RC 66.67%
CR 83.33%
SC 52.94%

In your opinion, how should continue my study plans for the next days? I will take the gmat on 14 october and I can study almost full time. My goal is to reach 710/720.

I read that many people master sentence correction, should I focus on that or what do you suggest?

Thank you!

Hi

As you said last 20 days, it is better to focus only on your weak areas and Take some mocks and review them thoroughly. Better to concentrate weak areas in DS and SC As these both are more weak than others. For SC Manhattan Guide is good and Manhattan DS Strategy given as annexture in each of the five Quant guide is also wonderfull i also advise you to learn math tricks and shortcuts from GMAT Club math book

Best CATS

Official CATs
Manhattan CATs

Good Luck
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2854 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Last 20 days [#permalink]
marco123 wrote:
Hi guys!

Yesterday I did a VeritasPrep CAT. This is my score:

TOTAL: 690
VERBAL: Score 37/ Percentile 83%
QUANT: Score 48/ Percentile 71%

Here the percentage of problems answered correctly in each section:
PS 81.82%
DS 66.67%
RC 66.67%
CR 83.33%
SC 52.94%

In your opinion, how should continue my study plans for the next days? I will take the gmat on 14 october and I can study almost full time. My goal is to reach 710/720.

I read that many people master sentence correction, should I focus on that or what do you suggest?

Thank you!

Hi marco123,

Veritas Prep mocks are notch tougher than the actual GMAT. If you have scored 690 on Veritas, you are sure to score the same or a little higher on actual GMAT. You may benefit from focusing on verbal. However, given how close your GMAT date is, I personally do not think one should adopt any new method on the final leg of their GMAT Preparation. It may be nice to give a couple of mocks (the official ones) and work on your weaknesses, but trying something new might not work in anyone’s favour. However if you want to improve on any individual area such as Sentence Correction, you can do refer to the MGMAT SC guide as you can finish the whole guide in 10 days (with proper dedication). If however you are only looking to indentify and improve on your weak areas, I would encourage you to purchase the GMATPREP QP 1. It is without a doubt, one of the best practice tools and will indeed help you on the final leg of your preparations.

Hope this helps. All the best.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I would recommend GMATClub Tests. I bought subscription about a 25 days before my GMAT, solved about 8-10 and it helped me jump from Q48 to Q50.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you to all of you guys! I already went throw MGMAT sentence correction, I guess I need to practice. DO you think I should focus on official material, even if it is probably easier? Same for CR and RC?
For Quant I am doing 700 level question on Gmat CLub forum, but is it better to go to gmat club tests?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
marco123 wrote:
Thank you to all of you guys! I already went throw MGMAT sentence correction, I guess I need to practice. DO you think I should focus on official material, even if it is probably easier? Same for CR and RC?
For Quant I am doing 700 level question on Gmat CLub forum, but is it better to go to gmat club tests?

Yes, the tests are infinitely better. The reason is they're exactly in the official format and are adaptive. More than the technique, they will make you familiar with questions so that you're not nervous on test day.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
sandeep : sharma
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hi
request you to write Gprep test . This will give you real prediction.
To raise your quant score , try manhattan quant book advance section and gmatclub tests
good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks you so much! and what do you suggest to practice SC?
GMAT Club Bot