Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 10:09 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4655 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Bangalore Test centers [#permalink]
Thank you : Ajitesh Arun :) :)

Traveling to Chennai now as no dates available in Bangalore for September !!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi! Don't believe Think Education Advisory Services (Kormangala) is operational now.
Intern
Intern
Status:GMAT_BOOOOOOM.............. Failure is not an Option
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 510 Q38 V22
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
AjiteshArun wrote:
Verbaliskillingme wrote:
Has anybody any idea about the test centre : Unisoft Technologies Bangalore ?? I am planning to take the test there, pros or cons please help...
Also, is this centre actually affiliated to Pearson Vue ??
That's the one in Brookefield. It's a new center and is not directly run by Pearson. Try asking them whether they'll allow you to visit before you book the exam (they probably won't, but you should try). Given that the Pearson center has very few dates available in August (and nothing at all in September right now), you might just have to choose the new center.

Hi

This is one of the worst GMAT test center. The size of the whole center is like any street Grocery shop. Half of the area they have occupied at front desk with Chairs and lockers. Then , don't know for what reason they have one more small room which is not in use because there were no monitors etc. then remaining 20% of the area is kept for Test takers.

They have kept one table from one end to another end. Table is not made of wood (it is made of some powered wood , generally available in cheap furniture showrooms). and installed 5 monitors each very close to each other partitioned by thin opaque sheet. As the sitting area is very small , so CPU is right below your leg. You are unknowingly bound to hit while writing exam.

Since desk(long table) is very weak so if any one is on their quants and surely they solve question using Note pad then whole desk shakes and literally you can see monitor dancing.

The space in front of the monitor is so less that makes more uncomfortable to keep the long note pad given by test center.Either you keep keyboard or notepad . else move your keyboard bit here and there to adjust note pad.

The problem is : They did not understand the importance of the center from student perspective. They have focused more on every place except students area where they sit and spend 4 hours.

2 things if they do now then it can be called good center:

---> REMOVE THE DESK and PUT a good table (made with solid wood )where it should not shake.
---> Put only 4 Machines so that all candidates can sit properly and some space for leg and hand movement. Currently 5 monitors are there.

If you get any other center , then that would be nice.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [2]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GMAT 2: 660 Q39 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Just did my GMAT at Brookfield. I wouldn't call it the worst, but yeah, it is sort of cramped up. As a tall guy, I found it difficult to maneuver in the given space and the desks are way too small. I had to push the mouse all the way to the back of the table and use it there while sort of wedging my pad in the remaining space.

The conditions weren't detrimental to my performance, but they could definitely improve in some areas.

Manipal is better (and a hundred times closer), but if you're out of options and all other dates have been booked, then go ahead and take it. Don't postpone just because a few inconveniences.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Well I just gave my GMAT in the Brookefield center It is not as good as the official Pearson center but it does the job.Nevertheless if you have other options then go ahead with those.I chose it because it was closer to home and I think it was a good decision because Bangalore traffic sucks and the car journey itself can tire you out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Kudos
I had a bad experience at this place (Unicenter, Bangalore) - I wouldn't take the exam at this place at any cost. Tables were shaky, significantly delayed start, unscheduled breaks (internet connectivity!), cramped space, useless earplugs (we could hear the traffic noise!). I would personally recommend to avoid this center any day!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Bangalore Test centers [#permalink]
Kudos
Test center feedback - M.S college of Engineering, Bangalore

Experience summary - Negative experience. (couldn't give the exam as network was not working in the center.). Better to avoid.

Schedule summary -
Date - 21-8-2018,
Slot - 10.00 am to 1.00 pm

Key factors -
Location - It is quite far from central Bangalore. So, I had to travel for around 2 hrs to reach center.
Ambiance - Ambiance is good. There was no external disturbance and controllers were co-operative.
Technical - Computers were pathetic and I faced many network problem during the exam.

Detail -
1. Exam started 15 min late as network was not working.
2. After 30 min. into the exam, when everything was going OK, suddenly network went off and it took around 15 min to get the network again. (Controller tried a lot) This problem continued and network went off 3 times during initial 1.5 hrs of the exam.
3. Even there was a problem with network but at least, I was able to write the exam. But after 1.5 hrs, network went off permanently and this time, examiner couldn't do anything.
4. In the end, examiner created a ticket and requested me (and other 4 candidates) to re-schedule the exam on any other date.

P.S- It might be possible that this would be a unique case on a particular day but still if you have better choices like Unisoft/Pearson then avoid this center.

Regards,
GMAT Club Bot
Bangalore Test centers [#permalink]