Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 14:30 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 14:30
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 617 [0]
Given Kudos: 1063
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 971 [0]
Given Kudos: 199
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 5245 [1]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Re: I recently gave the GMAT exam [#permalink]
Kudos
GMAT2017TodDunga wrote:
One thing I didn't like was the absolute isolation of each section.Once you answer a question,you cannot go back to it and once a section is done...it's done.Also,you just have to give an answer for every question.Sometimes,I was not absolutely sure of the answer and would've liked to leave it unanswered.But no,that's not allowed.Basically,it hurts your score if you leave the question unanswered.I read somewhere that there is a penalty involved too.There is not even a review for later option.Contrast this with the CAT exam: You can fill in tentative answers to questions and before submission,you will be prompted to re-visit those questions.This helps a lot if you have some time on your hands.Like if I finish the paper 15-20 minutes early,I can always go back and review my early answers.I hope GMAT adopts the CAT approach here.

Hey GMAT2017TodDunga

To add to whatever ydmuley pointed out, about the GMAT adopting the CAT approach,
it is not possible because this is an adaptive test and based on your response for this question,
the next question is harder or easier!

Btw, congrats on achieving the 680 score! All the best for the application phase!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I didn't accept the score! Like I mentioned,my unofficial score was around 680.This was my rough score,I don't recall the exact break-up:

AWA: 92 percentile
Verbal: 97
Quant: 94
IR: 62
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37578 posts