Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6122 [3]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6122 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 286 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
Schools: ISB '18
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: CBS '20
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V35
Send PM
Re: Actual LSAT CR bank by Broall [#permalink]
Hi Broall,

Thanks for the great work. One quick question. Would you suggest solving some of these questions as we practice OG or definitely after all the OG questions are done.
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63673 [3]
Given Kudos: 1774
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
KungFuGmat wrote:
Hi Broall,

Thanks for the great work. One quick question. Would you suggest solving some of these questions as we practice OG or definitely after all the OG questions are done.

The always-amazing broall might have a different opinion on this, but I think it's best to save at least some high-quality, official GMAT CR & RC questions for the weeks leading up to your actual test, since the LSAT materials are a little bit different than GMAT questions. With our students, we typically start with the LSAT materials, or at least a mix of the LSAT and GMAT materials. And then the CR & RC diet becomes more heavily weighted toward the GMAT later in the process.

If you can reach your GMAT goals without using LSAT materials at all, that's great! But if you aren't so fortunate, I'd recommend loading up on the LSAT stuff earlier in the process, and save the precious GMAT questions for later.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6122 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
KungFuGmat wrote:
Hi Broall,

As GMATNinja suggested, you should focus on GMAT materials. LSAT materials are for such cases:
1. You run out of GMAT materials so you want to seek other materials for practicing
2. You want to improve your logic skill :-D

LSAT logic is significantly different from GMAT, as I saw that LSAT logic is strict to the argument, but GMAT logic is more flexible. However, the logic rules are the same.

In fact, I used to find difficult to understand the logic in GMAT (because GMAT logic is quite flexible, sometimes the argument requires further assumption). I have solved some LSAT questions and I gradually understand how the logic works. As the result, my CR skill now is improved.

My case may not work with others, but still a good feedback to the usefulness of practicing LSAT CR questions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
broall & GMATNinja: thanks for the advice. Respect +100. kudos +1,000.

Any tips for what to practice for SC. My apologies for posting it here. I know it is not SC board. broall- your strategy is very insightful. It seems like you graduated from LSAT to GMAT. Very interesting. I think I would attempt a 100 or so LSAT questions and do all CR questions from OG guide. And finally from GMAT prep.

Let me know if it sounds like a good approach.
Many thanks
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1240 [2]
Given Kudos: 1207
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
KungFuGmat

Hope you do not mind me adding two cents :-)

Did you check this post.
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63673 [2]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Funny, I was just about to post the same link as adkikani. :)

KungFuGmat, the crappy thing about SC is that there really aren't any great ways to "stretch" the materials. LSAT doesn't have SC, and neither does any other test besides the GMAT -- and for verbal, I always recommend staying away from non-official questions. So all you can really do is be very, very careful about how and when you use the available SC materials. If you binge on official SC questions early in the process, you won't have much left as you approach your test, and that's no fun at all.

One thing you can always do, though: if you're using a newer edition of the OG (say, the 2018 edition), you can then move on to a much older edition (OG 12, for example), and many of the questions will be different. OG 12 and OG 2018 only share about 40-50% of their questions, give or take a few. Same principle applies for the verbal guide.

I hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Apologies in advance for asking this.
Is there is a link to download all questions with answers?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
KungFuGmat wrote:
Apologies in advance for asking this.
Is there is a link to download all questions with answers?

I'm afraid that the answer is No.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I am really living a dream. broall and GMATNinja are answering my questions. This is the closest I could get to requesting Cinderella's fairy godmother to give me a ticket to 700 on the GMAT :)

I do have a couple of questions. My apologies in advance, for throwing these your way.

broall you mentioned that you did a couple of LSAT questions that formed the basis of solving complex GMAT CR questions. I am driving through CR bible without brakes, at full speed and want to try a hand at LSAT questions. So how many questions should I attempt. I am not asking for a magic number but a range. Like 300 or so and what kind. Example mixed bag, 600 and 700 plus etc.

GMATNinja- sir, I am following your advice on mixing OG questions with LSATs to get decent practice. As per your suggestion, I would be jumping into LSAT questions and graduating to CR questions. Would you suggest some kind of pattern/ plan as do some 100 LSAT questions and then go to OG questions etc.

Many thanks for your guidance.
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63673 [0]

Send PM
Expert Reply
KungFuGmat wrote:
I am really living a dream. broall and GMATNinja are answering my questions. This is the closest I could get to requesting Cinderella's fairy godmother to give me a ticket to 700 on the GMAT :)

LOL! I'm honored to be compared to a fairy godmother! (And I think there's a Halloween costume opportunity in here somewhere...?)

KungFuGmat wrote:
GMATNinja- sir, I am following your advice on mixing OG questions with LSATs to get decent practice. As per your suggestion, I would be jumping into LSAT questions and graduating to CR questions. Would you suggest some kind of pattern/ plan as do some 100 LSAT questions and then go to OG questions etc.

Good question. My favorite thing about the LSAT is that every set of 25 questions is basically the same in terms of difficulty, so if your results are stable on them, it tells us that you've reached some sort of plateau -- and also that you're being consistent in your approach, and that last part is definitely a good thing. We generally have our private tutoring students focus on LSATs first, and then we'll switch them over to the GMAT once their LSAT results reach a nice, consistent level that everybody is happy with. And at that stage, we'll start mixing in some GMAT questions, along with official GMAT practice tests (including the "fake tests").

That's obviously not the only way to do things, though. (And in most cases, our students have already exhausted huge swaths of the official GMAT materials before they start tutoring, so we usually have to give them an LSAT-centric diet in the beginning. And that's not necessarily the case for a lot of people reading this.) If you want to switch back to the GMAT every once in a while, that's great, too -- just make sure that you save a supply of good, fresh, virgin GMAT questions for closer to your exam.

I know: that was a little bit vague. But I don't know how many total CR and RC questions you'll ultimately want to do in order to reach your goals -- at you might not know at this point, either. So the key principle is to save some of the good GMAT stuff for later. :)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6122 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
KungFuGmat wrote:

I do have a couple of questions. My apologies in advance, for throwing these your way.

broall you mentioned that you did a couple of LSAT questions that formed the basis of solving complex GMAT CR questions. I am driving through CR bible without brakes, at full speed and want to try a hand at LSAT questions. So how many questions should I attempt. I am not asking for a magic number but a range. Like 300 or so and what kind. Example mixed bag, 600 and 700 plus etc.

Hey, men, no need to talk like that. LOL. You could ask GMATNinja for help since he is a kind expert (he has scored perfect 800). I'm sure that you could learn many things from him. Besides, I'm just a moderator as well as a test taker who is still preparing for GMAT. Support that the scale for GMAT test takers has 10 points: 1 for the beginner and 10 for the expert. GMATNinja is at 10 but I am at (I guess) 5. LOL.

With your next question, I don't know the answer. There is no great strategy that works with everyone. You have to find your own strategy. That's it, you need to try so you could conclude anything. I could suggest you that you could practice Powerscore CR Bible with my LSAT CR list. For example, you are studying Weaken Session in that book, so you could seek more weaken questions from my list to practice.

My story, LSAT CR questions are most in assumption category. Thus, practicing LSAT CR will be big help in GMAT assumption questions. Also, after reading lots of LSAT questions, I understand the logic structure of the argument. Thus, I could improve much in Bold Face CR questions and Complete Passage questions. I still have to learn much to reach my target, but I have had a huge improvement because of LSAT. :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
THANKS A LOT I AM SEEING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Ohh Thanks a lot.This is very useful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Send PM
Thank you broall so much. At the first time, I was very scared when I took CR questions. But after practicing 255 LSAT CR questions of which I scored correctly above two-thirds, I felt a lot more confident in CR. Moreover, exactly as you stated LSAT CR gave us a basic idea of logical rules, especially assumption which could help so much in the actual GMAT CR questions.
Once again, thank you for the post.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
broall . I really appreciate your effort to compile LSAT questions . Thanks for that . However , I guess this question Day 23 , Question 7 is not apt for GMAT . In GMAT , we never base our argument based on the validity of the argument in other similar circumstances . These are generally eliminated first . I might be wrong . But , please have a look at this question again.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Talayva wrote:
broall . I really appreciate your effort to compile LSAT questions . Thanks for that . However , I guess this question Day 23 , Question 7 is not apt for GMAT . In GMAT , we never base our argument based on the validity of the argument in other similar circumstances . These are generally eliminated first . I might be wrong . But , please have a look at this question again.

I see no problem with that question. Did you read expert's explanation below that topic?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
broall wrote:
Talayva wrote:

I see no problem with that question. Did you read expert's explanation below that topic?

There is no expert reply for this question . I am not disputig the answer . I have never come across such logic in GMAT questions .
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13961 posts