Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Own Kudos [?]: 1970 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 5582 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1970 [1]
Send PM
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1239 [0]
Given Kudos: 1207
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Ninja Verbal Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube -- ask your Qs here! [#permalink]
GMATNinja, souvik101990,

Not sure about others but I surely am missing fun and happenings here!!
Eagerly waiting for the next session!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: ND
Own Kudos [?]: 246 [0]
Given Kudos: 655
Schools: Rotman '21
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Ninja Verbal Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube -- ask your Qs here! [#permalink]
adkikani wrote:
GMATNinja, souvik101990,

Not sure about others but I surely am missing fun and happenings here!!
Eagerly waiting for the next session!

adkikani

You can watch previous sessions here https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-live- ... l#p1936104
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63669 [1]
Given Kudos: 1774
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
We'll be back with a new series of eight live videos, beginning on Wednesday, February 14 at 9:30 a.m. Pacific time.

For details and an updated schedule, please visit this thread: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-ninja-w ... 59122.html.

See you all on YouTube!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: ND
Own Kudos [?]: 246 [0]
Given Kudos: 655
Schools: Rotman '21
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
GMATNinja wrote:
We'll be back with a new series of eight live videos, beginning on Wednesday, February 14 at 9:30 a.m. Pacific time.

For details and an updated schedule, please visit this thread: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-ninja-w ... 59122.html.

See you all on YouTube!

Welcome back GMATNinja and congrats for the new baby :)

Looking forward to the new series :)
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Can’t believe we are restarting verbal livestreams on Valentine’s Day. For all you GMAT lovers - brace yourselves.

Posted from my mobile device
Own Kudos [?]: 1970 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
GMATNinja wrote:

See you all on YouTube!

Congrats Charles for the addition of a new member in your family. :)
And I am very eager to re-join your sessions. Looking forward to Valentines Day !! :-D
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63669 [3]
Given Kudos: 1774
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you for the kind words, NDND & gmatexam439! Looking forward to tormenting all of you on V-Day!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Not currently. We don’t have this running currently.

Thanks,
BB

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
GMAT Ninja Verbal Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube -- ask your Qs here! [#permalink]
Hi GMATNinja,

Question about your reasoning of "Springfield Fire Commissioner" in your GMAT Critical Reasoning #2 LIVE w/GMAT Ninja: Beyond Strengthen, Weaken, & Assumption Questions (@approx. 10min mark):

Wouldn't E also strengthen? If, on any given day, a significant % of public telephones are out of service, this means that people cannot use them. Therefore, the removal of telephone boxes won't "hamper people's ability to report a file". It seems to reinforce the conclusion.

Thanks for your video. It is a great help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
GMAT Ninja Verbal Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube -- ask your Qs here! [#permalink]
GMATNinja wrote:

GMAT Ninja Series 1, LIVE on YouTube!

So this is our very first attempt at LIVE verbal videos on YouTube, all filmed in October and November 2017. Here's a rundown of all of the videos, filmed live so that you can enjoy all of my glorious gaffes:

• Parallelism & Meaning -- Video
  • WTF is "THAT" Doing in My Sentence? -- Video
  • Next-level GMAT Pronouns -- Video
  • Simplifying GMAT Verb Tenses -- Video
  • Verbal Q&A -- Video
  • Fundamentals of GMAT Comparisons -- Video
  • Comparisons, Part II -- Video
  • Critical Reasoning 101: An Intuitive Approach to Strengthen, Weaken, & Assumption Questions -- Video
  • Critical Reasoning 102: Beyond Strengthen, Weaken, & Assumption Questions -- Video
  • Demystifying GMAT Punctuation -- Video

See you on YouTube!

Edit: This entire series is available in this YouTube playlist. For newer videos, click here for Series 2 of our YouTube Live videos, recorded beginning in February 2018, or here for Series 3, recorded LIVE in October 2019.

On your video of Verbal Q& A and knowledge regarding some aspects,
Like this is a retired OG Question but this requires a knowledge of Radar and Radar Detectors and their usage with Speed tickets, in our part of the world, there are speeding cameras and no radar, (it's not called the same I guess) but I been lucky to visit another part of the world where the people call it radar so I could answer the CR, but I believe if like doesn't know what radars are and relation to speeding tickets, this will take an extra 30-40 seconds to comprehend. what do you say GMATNinja

https://gmatclub.com/forum/a-recent-rep ... 86145.html

A recent report determined that although only three percent of drivers on Maryland highways equipped their vehicles with radar detectors, thirty-three percent of all vehicles ticketed for exceeding the speed limit were equipped with them. Clearly, drivers who equip their vehicles with radar detectors are more likely to exceed the speed limit regularly than are drivers who do not.

The conclusion drawn above depends on which of the following assumptions?

(A) Drivers who equip their vehicles with radar detectors are less likely to be ticketed for exceeding the speed limit than are drivers who do not.

(B) Drivers who are ticketed for exceeding the speed limit are more likely to exceed the speed limit regularly than are drivers who are not ticketed.

(C) The number of vehicles that were ticketed for exceeding the speed limit was greater than the number of vehicles that were equipped with radar detectors.

(D) Many of the vehicles that were ticketed for exceeding the speed limit were ticketed more than once in the time period covered by the report.

(E) Drivers on Maryland highways exceeded the speed limit more often than did drivers on other state highways not covered in the report.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [1]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM