It is currently 17 Jan 2018, 06:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Ninja Verbal Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube -- ask your Qs here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
6 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
G

Kudos [?]: 2274 [6], given: 501

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
GMAT Ninja Verbal Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube -- ask your Qs here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2017, 07:57
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Join us for YouTube LIVE verbal sessions on Wednesdays from 7:30-8:30 a.m. Pacific time! We'll alternate between a lecture format and live Q&A sessions on the GMAT Club YouTube channel.

We did a session on simplifying GMAT verb tenses earlier today, and we want next week's Q&A session to address topics that you want to learn about. So please enter your questions in this thread, and we'll answer as many as we can each week.

Here's the calendar of webinar topics through November, with links to the videos from past sessions:

And more importantly: please ask your questions in advance(!!), and we'll address the best of them in the Wednesday sessions.

See you on YouTube!

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor at www.gmatninja.com (Now hiring!) | GMAT blog | Food blog | Friendly warning: I'm bad at PMs

Beginners' guides to GMAT verbal
Reading Comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Sentence Correction

SC & CR Questions of the Day (QOTDs), featuring expert explanations
All QOTDs | Subscribe via email | RSS

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post.

Sentence Correction articles & resources
How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and other articles & resources
All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99... in any section order

YouTube verbal webinars:
"Next-level" GMAT pronouns | Uses of "that" on the GMAT | Parallelism and meaning | Simplifying GMAT verb tenses | Comparisons, part I |
November webinar schedule

Last edited by GMATNinja on 30 Nov 2017, 17:15, edited 8 times in total.

Kudos [?]: 2274 [6], given: 501

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
G

Kudos [?]: 9751 [1], given: 1237

Re: GMAT Ninja Verbal Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube -- ask your Qs here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2017, 10:07
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor

Kudos [?]: 9751 [1], given: 1237

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 131 [1], given: 483

Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: GMAT Ninja Verbal Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube -- ask your Qs here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2017, 21:06
This post received
KUDOS
GMATNinja That's Great!!! All the Best :-)

With Lights Dazzling,
With Love Flushing Around By Your Loved Ones,
With Loads Of Fun And Joy,
And With Our Loving Wishes Sparkling Diwali

आत्मनॊ मोक्षार्थम् जगद्धिताय च

Resource: GMATPrep RCs With Solution

Kudos [?]: 131 [1], given: 483

1 KUDOS received
Study Buddy Forum Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 139 [1], given: 313

WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2017, 07:53
This post received
KUDOS
GMATNinja

Amazing session once again!!

Can you elaborate illogical meaning conveyed by option (A) for #Q4.
Re-posting for easier analysis:

Under a provision of the Constitution that was never applied, Congress has been required to call a convention for considering possible amendments to the document when formally asked to do it by the legislatures of two-thirds of the states.

A. was never applied, Congress has been required to call a convention for considering possible amendments to the document when formally asked to do it

B. was never applied, there has been a requirement that Congress call a convention for consideration of possible amendments to the document when asked to do it formally

C. was never applied, whereby Congress is required to call a convention for considering possible amendments to the document when asked to do it formally

D. has never been applied, whereby Congress is required to call a convention to consider possible amendments to the document when formally asked to do so

E. has never been applied, Congress is required to call a convention to consider possible amendments to the document when formally asked to do so

Assuming a query posted by non-American citizen ;) who is not aware of presence of congress/ provision in US in 2017,
does not has been required (present perfect tense - denoting an action started in past whose effects are still continuing)
make sense with provision was never applied
(simple past tense - denoting point of time event that occurred in past) How can we be 100% sure that provision may be applied now
justifying usage of present perfect in OA based on context of the sentence?

Expert Post
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
G

Kudos [?]: 2274 [0], given: 501

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 07:33
Thank you, adkikani! That's perfect, I'll cover it in tomorrow's session.

If anybody else has questions, please post them on this thread by 6:30 a.m. PST! I need to make sure that I have everything in the hands of our wise and talented YouTube Live producer before the session starts. :)

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor at www.gmatninja.com (Now hiring!) | GMAT blog | Food blog | Friendly warning: I'm bad at PMs

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post.

How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99... in any section order

YouTube verbal webinars:
"Next-level" GMAT pronouns | Uses of "that" on the GMAT | Parallelism and meaning | Simplifying GMAT verb tenses | Comparisons, part I |

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 483

Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 07:27
HI GMATNinja,

I know i'm late Can you pls explain

The treasury market dropped in response to a decrease in the value of the dollar and to continued concern that the economy might be growing as fast as to accelerate inflation and drive interest rates higher.

A. that the economy might be growing as fast as
B. that the economy might be growing fast enough
C. with the economy’s possibly growing so fast as
D. with the possibility of the economy growing fast enough so as
E. with the possibility of the economy possibly growing fast enough

Option A is bit tricky!!!

आत्मनॊ मोक्षार्थम् जगद्धिताय च

Resource: GMATPrep RCs With Solution

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 483

Expert Post
5 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
G

Kudos [?]: 2274 [5], given: 501

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 06:30
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Bad news, folks: due to some last-minute scheduling conflicts for our esteemed YouTube producer, we're postponing today's webinar to Friday at 9:30 a.m. PST.

Yup, I know: that's a totally random time. If you're in Asia, that's Friday night -- and really, isn't watching a live webinar on GMAT comparisons more fun than going out anyway? I mean, it's better than a K-Pop concert. Um... right?

See you all Friday at 9:30 a.m. PST for comparisons! And then we'll (presumably) be back to Wednesdays next week.

(Edit: you deserve bonus points if you caught my "due to" error in the first sentence of this post!)

Need an expert reply?

YouTube verbal webinars:

Last edited by GMATNinja on 01 Nov 2017, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 2274 [5], given: 501

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S
Affiliations: ND

Kudos [?]: 39 [2], given: 528

Schools: Rotman '21
WE: Marketing (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 08:19
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Everyone,

I consolidated all GMATNinja webinar videos on this post

https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-live-with-gmat-ninja-sc-pronouns-that-parallelism-250568.html

"Giving kudos" is a decent way to say "Thanks" and motivate contributors. Please use them, it won't cost you anything

High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation Charles Kettering
If we chase perfection we can catch excellence Vince Lombardi

GMAT Club Live: 5 Principles for Fast Math: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-club-live-5-principles-for-fast-math-251028.html#p1940045
YouTube sessions by GMATNinja: https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-live-with-gmat-ninja-sc-pronouns-that-parallelism-250568.html#p1936104
The Best SC strategies - Amazing 4 videos by Veritas: https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-best-sc-strategies-amazing-4-videos-by-veritas-250377.html#p1934575

Kudos [?]: 39 [2], given: 528

Expert Post
3 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
G

Kudos [?]: 2274 [3], given: 501

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 10:16
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I don't know if anybody will find this useful, but here are the eight questions that I'm planning to cover in Friday's webinar on comparisons. Warning: with an extra 48 hours to mess around, odds are good that I'll change one or two before Friday. But these will give you a good starting point.

I'll be able to see how many people download the file, but if you find it particularly useful to have the questions in advance, please let me know using whatever method you'd prefer (kudos, comment, PM, etc.). If enough members really like having the questions in advance, I'll try to make this a habit...
Attachments

GMAT Ninja YouTube Comparisons v1 11.1.17.docx [104.18 KiB]
Downloaded 28 times

To download please login or register as a user

Need an expert reply?

YouTube verbal webinars:

Kudos [?]: 2274 [3], given: 501

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 31

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 10:31
GMATNinja wrote:
I don't know if anybody will find this useful, but here are the eight questions that I'm planning to cover in Friday's webinar on comparisons. Warning: with an extra 48 hours to mess around, odds are good that I'll change one or two before Friday. But these will give you a good starting point.

I'll be able to see how many people download the file, but if you find it particularly useful to have the questions in advance, please let me know using whatever method you'd prefer (kudos, comment, PM, etc.). If enough members really like having the questions in advance, I'll try to make this a habit...

Hey Charles,
Can you take a look at the following question, maybe you should include this question in the video.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/unlike-mainstream-american-businesses-more-than-half-of-80789.html

Thanks. :)

A kudo a day keeps the doctor away.

Last edited by DIII on 01 Nov 2017, 10:38, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 31

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 197 [1], given: 414

Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 10:34
This post received
KUDOS
Hi GMATNinja ,

I went through the attachment above for the Comparison topic and found it very helpful.

Also solved few of them. ;) Looking forward to Fridays session :-)

Kudos [?]: 197 [1], given: 414

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 32

GMAT 1: 570 Q50 V18
GMAT 2: 610 Q49 V24

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 13:32
GMATNinja wrote:

Hi GMATNinja,

I downloaded the doc and tried to solved the questions.

Got straight forward answer for almost all of them. Do not know whether I have got plenty of them wrong or my SC skill has improved.

Waiting for the session to see how much I have scored!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are the only way to tell whether my post is useful.

GMATPREP1: Q47 V36 - 680
Veritas Test 1: Q43 V34 - 630
Veritas Test 2: Q46 V30 - 620
Veritas Test 3: Q45 V29 - 610

Last edited by GMATisLovE on 01 Nov 2017, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 32

1 KUDOS received
Study Buddy Forum Moderator
P

WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 18:15
This post received
KUDOS
GMATNinja
Quote:

I would strongly support this. Apologize for being selfish in advance since this way we can over more qs in live sessions with
- your mouth shut for less duration- as you use :lol: Promise to owe you a grand treat in Denver since we know your obsession with food by now ;)

I would also request users to continue discussions / queries pertaining to Qs on this post instead of PM, hopefully that way we can
mutually help each other and reduce expert's load too.

It seems this is correctly replacing our Wednesday's text chat sessions in much productive manner.

Press kudos if you liked this post

Expert Post
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
G

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 10:05
adkikani wrote:
I would strongly support this. Apologize for being selfish in advance since this way we can over more qs in live sessions with
- your mouth shut for less duration- as you use :lol: Promise to owe you a grand treat in Denver since we know your obsession with food by now ;)

I would also request users to continue discussions / queries pertaining to Qs on this post instead of PM, hopefully that way we can

It seems this is correctly replacing our Wednesday's text chat sessions in much productive manner.

Lol, thank you, adkikani! And I think you might be the first person -- EVER -- to suggest that I should spend LESS time with my mouth shut. ;)

See you all tomorrow!

Need an expert reply?

YouTube verbal webinars:

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 13

GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.87
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 11:10
This post received
KUDOS
Hey all! Keen to participate in my first Youtube webinar. I think I've lost track of the conversation, so apologies for doubling up on this question... but how do I tune in tomorrow?

Also will the video be uploaded after the session for those that miss it? Thanks in advance!

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 13

1 KUDOS received
Verbal Forum Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 272 [1], given: 199

Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 13:06
This post received
KUDOS
GMATNinja wrote:
adkikani wrote:

Lol, thank you, adkikani! And I think you might be the first person -- EVER -- to suggest that I should spend LESS time with my mouth shut. ;)

See you all tomorrow!

GMATNinja I would rather prefer that you take fewer questions but explain more (in detail) as I believe QUALITY is more important than QUANTITY while solving questions.

Also, comparisons are one of the most challenging topics (at least for me) on GMAT SC. Thanks a ton for all the efforts.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

Worried About IDIOMS? Here is a Daily Practice List: https://gmatclub.com/forum/idiom-s-ydmuley-s-daily-practice-list-250731.html#p1937393

Best AWA Template: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html#p470475

Kudos [?]: 272 [1], given: 199

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
G

Kudos [?]: 2274 [1], given: 501

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 13:24
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
plasticplastic wrote:
Hey all! Keen to participate in my first Youtube webinar. I think I've lost track of the conversation, so apologies for doubling up on this question... but how do I tune in tomorrow?

Also will the video be uploaded after the session for those that miss it? Thanks in advance!

Just visit the GMAT Club YouTube page for both the live feed and any of the videos if you miss a session: https://www.youtube.com/user/gmatclub.

See you tomorrow!

Need an expert reply?

YouTube verbal webinars:

Kudos [?]: 2274 [1], given: 501

Director
Director
P

Kudos [?]: 208 [0], given: 143

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 13:34
GMATNinja: Hi, Can we have this question taken up in tomorrow's webinar? (Source: Magoosh) --> Although I got it correct, but I still have problem understanding the tenses in option E.

A newly released study on the tectonic plates forming the Pacific basin indicates that by the time they had shifted even a few miles, a vast percentage of the coastline which is currently home to major world cities, because of global warming, will have already become entirely submerged.

1. by the time they had shifted even a few miles, a vast percentage of the coastline which is currently home to major world cities, because of global warming, will have already become entirely submerged
2. by the time they shift even a few miles, a vast percentage of the coastline, which is currently a home of the major world cities, will have already become entirely submerged due to global warming
3. by the time they have shifted even a few miles, a vast percentage of the coastline currently home to major world cities already will have become entirely submerged because of global warming
4. a vast percentage of the coastline that is currently home to major world cities will have already become entirely submerged due to global warming by the time they have shifted even a few miles
5. a vast percentage of the coastline that is currently home to major world cities, by the time the plates have shifted even a few miles, will become entirely submerged because of global warming

Kudos if my post helps!

Helpful links:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant
2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation
3. LSAT RC compilation
4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC

Kudos [?]: 208 [0], given: 143

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 528

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 23:42
plasticplastic wrote:

Hi plasticplastic ,

You can find all the videos on this post:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-live-with-gmat-ninja-sc-pronouns-that-parallelism-250568.html#p1936104

"Giving kudos" is a decent way to say "Thanks" and motivate contributors. Please use them, it won't cost you anything

High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation Charles Kettering

GMAT Club Live: 5 Principles for Fast Math: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-club-live-5-principles-for-fast-math-251028.html#p1940045
YouTube sessions by GMATNinja: https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-live-with-gmat-ninja-sc-pronouns-that-parallelism-250568.html#p1936104
The Best SC strategies - Amazing 4 videos by Veritas: https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-best-sc-strategies-amazing-4-videos-by-veritas-250377.html#p1934575

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2017, 00:54
GMATNinja wrote:

Hi GMATNinja,

Just downloaded the document and solved the SC problems, great questions. I believe this is a nice idea that would make the session more efficient .

I suggest sending it few hours before the session, so that ppl having it fresh in their minds during the session.

Thanks,
NDND

Re: GMAT Ninja Verbal Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube -- ask your Qs here!   [#permalink] 03 Nov 2017, 00:54

Go to page    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 65 posts ] 

GMAT Ninja Verbal Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube -- ask your Qs here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR JANUARY
Math Revolution - Free Free Diagnostic Quant Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
examPAL - Free Video Course A complete on-demand GMAT course
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap