Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 08:39 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63680 [397]
Given Kudos: 1774
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32888 [7]
Given Kudos: 4456
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [1]
Given Kudos: 579
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1240 [1]
Given Kudos: 1207
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Ninja Verbal Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube -- ask your Qs here! [#permalink]
Kudos
GMATNinja

Amazing session once again!!

Can you elaborate illogical meaning conveyed by option (A) for #Q4.
Re-posting for easier analysis:

Under a provision of the Constitution that was never applied, Congress has been required to call a convention for considering possible amendments to the document when formally asked to do it by the legislatures of two-thirds of the states.

A. was never applied, Congress has been required to call a convention for considering possible amendments to the document when formally asked to do it

B. was never applied, there has been a requirement that Congress call a convention for consideration of possible amendments to the document when asked to do it formally

C. was never applied, whereby Congress is required to call a convention for considering possible amendments to the document when asked to do it formally

D. has never been applied, whereby Congress is required to call a convention to consider possible amendments to the document when formally asked to do so

E. has never been applied, Congress is required to call a convention to consider possible amendments to the document when formally asked to do so

Assuming a query posted by non-American citizen ;) who is not aware of presence of congress/ provision in US in 2017,
does not has been required (present perfect tense - denoting an action started in past whose effects are still continuing)
make sense with provision was never applied
(simple past tense - denoting point of time event that occurred in past) How can we be 100% sure that provision may be applied now
justifying usage of present perfect in OA based on context of the sentence?
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63680 [2]

Send PM
Re: GMAT Ninja Verbal Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube -- ask your Qs here! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you, adkikani! That's perfect, I'll cover it in tomorrow's session.

If anybody else has questions, please post them on this thread by 6:30 a.m. PST! I need to make sure that I have everything in the hands of our wise and talented YouTube Live producer before the session starts. :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [1]
Given Kudos: 579
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
HI GMATNinja,

I know i'm late Can you pls explain

The treasury market dropped in response to a decrease in the value of the dollar and to continued concern that the economy might be growing as fast as to accelerate inflation and drive interest rates higher.

A. that the economy might be growing as fast as
B. that the economy might be growing fast enough
C. with the economy’s possibly growing so fast as
D. with the possibility of the economy growing fast enough so as
E. with the possibility of the economy possibly growing fast enough

Option A is bit tricky!!!
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63680 [7]

Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Bad news, folks: due to some last-minute scheduling conflicts for our esteemed YouTube producer, we're postponing today's webinar to Friday at 9:30 a.m. PST.

Yup, I know: that's a totally random time. If you're in Asia, that's Friday night -- and really, isn't watching a live webinar on GMAT comparisons more fun than going out anyway? I mean, it's better than a K-Pop concert. Um... right?

See you all Friday at 9:30 a.m. PST for comparisons! And then we'll (presumably) be back to Wednesdays next week.

(Edit: you deserve bonus points if you caught my "due to" error in the first sentence of this post!)

Originally posted by GMATNinja on 01 Nov 2017, 07:30.
Last edited by GMATNinja on 01 Nov 2017, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: ND
Own Kudos [?]: 246 [6]
Given Kudos: 655
Schools: Rotman '21
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hi Everyone,

I consolidated all GMATNinja webinar videos on this post

https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-live-with-gmat-ninja-sc-pronouns-that-parallelism-250568.html
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63680 [3]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I don't know if anybody will find this useful, but here are the eight questions that I'm planning to cover in Friday's webinar on comparisons. Warning: with an extra 48 hours to mess around, odds are good that I'll change one or two before Friday. But these will give you a good starting point.

I'll be able to see how many people download the file, but if you find it particularly useful to have the questions in advance, please let me know using whatever method you'd prefer (kudos, comment, PM, etc.). If enough members really like having the questions in advance, I'll try to make this a habit...
Attachments

GMAT Ninja YouTube Comparisons v1 11.1.17.docx [104.18 KiB]
Downloaded 418 times

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
GMATNinja wrote:
I don't know if anybody will find this useful, but here are the eight questions that I'm planning to cover in Friday's webinar on comparisons. Warning: with an extra 48 hours to mess around, odds are good that I'll change one or two before Friday. But these will give you a good starting point.

I'll be able to see how many people download the file, but if you find it particularly useful to have the questions in advance, please let me know using whatever method you'd prefer (kudos, comment, PM, etc.). If enough members really like having the questions in advance, I'll try to make this a habit...

Hey Charles,
Can you take a look at the following question, maybe you should include this question in the video.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/unlike-mainstream-american-businesses-more-than-half-of-80789.html

Thanks. :)

Originally posted by DIII on 01 Nov 2017, 11:31.
Last edited by DIII on 01 Nov 2017, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [1]
Given Kudos: 418
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
Send PM
Kudos
Hi GMATNinja ,

I went through the attachment above for the Comparison topic and found it very helpful.

Also solved few of them. ;) Looking forward to Fridays session :-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 570 Q50 V18
GMAT 2: 610 Q49 V24
GMAT 3: 640 Q48 V29
Send PM
GMATNinja wrote:

Hi GMATNinja,

I downloaded the doc and tried to solved the questions.

Got straight forward answer for almost all of them. Do not know whether I have got plenty of them wrong or my SC skill has improved.

Waiting for the session to see how much I have scored!!

Originally posted by GMATisLovE on 01 Nov 2017, 14:32.
Last edited by GMATisLovE on 01 Nov 2017, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1240 [1]
Given Kudos: 1207
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
GMATNinja
Quote:

I would strongly support this. Apologize for being selfish in advance since this way we can over more qs in live sessions with
- your mouth shut for less duration- as you use :lol: Promise to owe you a grand treat in Denver since we know your obsession with food by now ;)

I would also request users to continue discussions / queries pertaining to Qs on this post instead of PM, hopefully that way we can
mutually help each other and reduce expert's load too.

It seems this is correctly replacing our Wednesday's text chat sessions in much productive manner.
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63680 [1]

Send PM
Expert Reply
adkikani wrote:
I would strongly support this. Apologize for being selfish in advance since this way we can over more qs in live sessions with
- your mouth shut for less duration- as you use :lol: Promise to owe you a grand treat in Denver since we know your obsession with food by now ;)

I would also request users to continue discussions / queries pertaining to Qs on this post instead of PM, hopefully that way we can

It seems this is correctly replacing our Wednesday's text chat sessions in much productive manner.

Lol, thank you, adkikani! And I think you might be the first person -- EVER -- to suggest that I should spend LESS time with my mouth shut. ;)

See you all tomorrow!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Kudos
Hey all! Keen to participate in my first Youtube webinar. I think I've lost track of the conversation, so apologies for doubling up on this question... but how do I tune in tomorrow?

Also will the video be uploaded after the session for those that miss it? Thanks in advance!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [1]
Given Kudos: 199
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
GMATNinja wrote:
adkikani wrote:

Lol, thank you, adkikani! And I think you might be the first person -- EVER -- to suggest that I should spend LESS time with my mouth shut. ;)

See you all tomorrow!

GMATNinja I would rather prefer that you take fewer questions but explain more (in detail) as I believe QUALITY is more important than QUANTITY while solving questions.

Also, comparisons are one of the most challenging topics (at least for me) on GMAT SC. Thanks a ton for all the efforts.
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63680 [1]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
plasticplastic wrote:
Hey all! Keen to participate in my first Youtube webinar. I think I've lost track of the conversation, so apologies for doubling up on this question... but how do I tune in tomorrow?

Also will the video be uploaded after the session for those that miss it? Thanks in advance!

Just visit the GMAT Club YouTube page for both the live feed and any of the videos if you miss a session: https://www.youtube.com/user/gmatclub.

See you tomorrow!
Own Kudos [?]: 1971 [1]
Given Kudos: 200
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM