Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 13:46 It is currently 14 May 2024, 13:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1428 [7]
Given Kudos: 572
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Sept 2019 Intake ! [#permalink]
europembayeah wrote:
ayersrock wrote:
I’m in! I’m based in Dubai and my AO is EL. Best of luck to everyone still waiting, hang in there!

Starting in Fonty!

Posted from my mobile device

Congrats! my AO is EL too but still waiting for her call

Hi europembayeah,

Was the rejection email sent to you by INSEAD after a missed call sent in error? If so, that’s great news because there’s still hope! Seems like we are the only ones waiting now...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hideto wrote:
europembayeah wrote:
ayersrock wrote:
I’m in! I’m based in Dubai and my AO is EL. Best of luck to everyone still waiting, hang in there!

Starting in Fonty!

Congrats! my AO is EL too but still waiting for her call

Hi europembayeah,

Was the rejection email sent to you by INSEAD after a missed call sent in error? If so, that’s great news because there’s still hope! Seems like we are the only ones waiting now...

Hi Hideto, I havent received any call or mail yet :( but lets just keep our fingers crossed together!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Oh i see! Sorry i think i mixed up... no news is good news for now... Hope we hear back by tomorrow! All the best!!!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q168 V162
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
got waitlisted.

wonder when waitlist decisions are released for R2
Own Kudos [?]: 1428 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
rasithaw wrote:
got waitlisted.

Hi rasithaw.

Sorry to hear that I'm sure that's wasn't the outcome you were hoping for. But not all hope is lost.

Each month they will ask if you are still willing to be on the waitlist, and each month they evaluate the waitlist.

So you could get accepted anytime between now and class starting. It's a good idea to consider why you might have landed there, if your test score is subpar then this is a strong hint to retake.

If that's not the case, get some holistic feedback on your application to see if it relates to leadership contribution academics or International orientation. The fact that you're on the waitlist now not R4 actually gives you the opportunity to work on whatever shortcomings that might exist.

So if you have a shallow leadership record in the workplace or community, this might signal for you to step up your commitments in those areas; submit an update letter to highlight that in a couple months after demonstrating impact.

It is unwise to send them continuous updates which will show lack of judgment but it is wise is to be strategic about using this time as an opportunity to reposition yourself.

https://mbaprepcoach.com
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thursday is here! Anyone still waiting for the call?

I am just wondering if anyone from the previous batches had to wait till Friday to receive news? Previous threads seem to suggest that everyone gets a call/email latest by the Thursday of decision week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
rasithaw wrote:
got waitlisted.

Hi rasithaw.

Sorry to hear that I'm sure that's wasn't the outcome you were hoping for. But not all hope is lost.

Each month they will ask if you are still willing to be on the waitlist, and each month they evaluate the waitlist.

So you could get accepted anytime between now and class starting. It's a good idea to consider why you might have landed there, if your test score is subpar then this is a strong hint to retake.

If that's not the case, get some holistic feedback on your application to see if it relates to leadership contribution academics or International orientation. The fact that you're on the waitlist now not R4 actually gives you the opportunity to work on whatever shortcomings that might exist.

So if you have a shallow leadership record in the workplace or community, this might signal for you to step up your commitments in those areas; submit an update letter to highlight that in a couple months after demonstrating impact.

It is unwise to send them continuous updates which will show lack of judgment but it is wise is to be strategic about using this time as an opportunity to reposition yourself.

Thanks for the pointers. Honestly, I can't put a finger on it. I feel like I tick all the boxes. (Good academics, International exp, come from a small country) I suppose what I don't have is something groundbreaking. I have loads of small achievements across different aspects.
My interviewers couldn't point out anything to me either.

I'm not sure what I could improve within a couple of months but I'll get to brainstorming.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey Hideto, Thursday is barely here in France so there's still the whole day, and one year, yes, they did a lot of invites on the official day of the deadline. I really feel for you, I realize how all-consuming this must be for you. Just know that you will have a very rich and meaningful life and MBA experience either way; you will be OK either way.
Hideto wrote:

I am just wondering if anyone from the previous batches had to wait till Friday to receive news? Previous threads seem to suggest that everyone gets a call/email latest by the Thursday of decision week.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes, you need to be memorable for sure. Have you looked at all 4 criteria; acads and international orientation yes, but how about evidence of impact/leadership and past track record of contribution? You might consider working with a consultant on a ding analysis for honest feedback.

Also, goals need to necessitate an MBA, but also connect dots with data points from your past. Leverage your background.

rasithaw wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
rasithaw wrote:
got waitlisted.

Hi rasithaw.

Thanks for the pointers. Honestly, I can't put a finger on it. I feel like I tick all the boxes. (Good academics, International exp, come from a small country) I suppose what I don't have is something groundbreaking. I have loads of small achievements across different aspects.

I'm not sure what I could improve within a couple of months but I'll get to brainstorming.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hey Hideto, Thursday is barely here in France so there's still the whole day, and one year, yes, they did a lot of invites on the official day of the deadline. I really feel for you, I realize how all-consuming this must be for you. Just know that you will have a very rich and meaningful life and MBA experience either way; you will be OK either way.
Hideto wrote:

Hi Farrell,

Thank you for the insight! If that's the case, I will make sure to stay positive even if I do not hear back from them today. Cheers!!
Send PM
Expert Reply
rasithaw forgot to respond to this: I'm not sure what I could improve within a couple of months but I'll get to brainstorming.
for example, I did a ding analysis for someone who had been promoted to the lead organizer for his local soccer club. He sent an update on this November or December - started in January.

rasithaw wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
rasithaw wrote:
got waitlisted.

Hi rasithaw.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
I am still waiting as well. Have been anxious for days...

Hideto wrote:

Manager
Manager
Send PM
ch751202 wrote:
I am still waiting as well. Have been anxious for days...

Hideto wrote:

Just received the WL notification! Will stay positive and do my best... Thanks all for the support thus far!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 11
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Kudos
I got the call a few minutes ago!!!!! Right after I started to feel frustrated.

I am from Taiwan and my AO is EM. Will begin in Fonty.

Good luck to those still waiting! And I hope Hideto and other guys can receive good news in the following months or from your other applications.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
rasithaw forgot to respond to this: I'm not sure what I could improve within a couple of months but I'll get to brainstorming.
for example, I did a ding analysis for someone who had been promoted to the lead organizer for his local soccer club. He sent an update on this November or December - started in January.

Was he applying for the Jan intake?
Send PM
Expert Reply
rasithaw wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Was he applying for the Jan intake?
Yes

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi all,

For 20J students intending to take on the 3 weeks intensive french or spanish course with FLC at the Fontainebleau campus, it will be from 1st to 19th July 2019. Email of the contact person I spoke with is Evelyne.FELICIO@flc-int.com so feel free to reach out to her.

For the course at the Singapore campus, I have yet to hear back from the coordinator. Anybody knows when the course will be? Looking at last year’s schedule, it might be from 22nd to 9th Aug this year. Anyone can help to confirm this? Cheers!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos
Hideto wrote:
Hi all,

For 20J students intending to take on the 3 weeks intensive french or spanish course with FLC at the Fontainebleau campus, it will be from 1st to 19th July 2019. Email of the contact person I spoke with is Evelyne.FELICIO@flc-int.com so feel free to reach out to her.

For the course at the Singapore campus, I have yet to hear back from the coordinator. Anybody knows when the course will be? Looking at last year’s schedule, it might be from 22nd to 9th Aug this year. Anyone can help to confirm this? Cheers!

Hi Hideto,

NEXT LANGUAGE INTENSIVE CLASSES FOR 20Js: SUMMER 2019

The programme* will run on both Fontainebleau and Singapore campuses for FRENCH and SPANISH languages and from Monday to Friday, five hours a day, over three weeks.

Fontainebleau campus
– Monday 01 to Friday 19 July
Please contact: evelyne.felicio@flc-int.com

Singapore campus
– Monday 22 July to Friday 09 August
Please contact: sandra.brady@flc-int.com

NB: This programme is designed only for MBA Students, complete beginners, who need to validate their 3rd/EXIT language.
*Minimum 5 participants

The info you are looking for is found here: https://flclanguage.wordpress.com/

Hope this helps!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  26   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts