GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2019, 09:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Sept 2019 Intake !

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Sept 2019 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2019, 08:30
Hideto wrote:

Good luck ILMENF and Ankush! Let us know if you need help.

I am done with the interviews finally! With scholarship applications done as well, now it is time to wait again. Have a good two weeks of peace before decision week everyone!!! (:

Hideto

Congratulations and good luck. I request you to add your interview debriefs in the following link.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-201/i ... brief.html

Thanks.
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 11:19
Hello people,

Just a quick update. I ended up interviewing with the same person, despite cancellations. Was kind of a different approach from my first one, but I guess I did ok since I got a rather positive feedback.

Can't way to hear back from the school, with positive news! fingers crossed!

Cheers
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 12:11
Hey motiv06, I'm so glad that you received positive feedback from the interviewer despite the awkward history. Can you please share with us how things went down with your AO when you approached them about this issue? Would be good information for everyone.

http://mbaprepcoach.com
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 12:14
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hey motiv06, I'm so glad that you received positive feedback from the interviewer despite the awkward history. Can you please share with us how things went down with your AO when you approached them about this issue? Would be good information for everyone.

Hi,

My AO simply contacted the person (by email I think) to confirm that he would be available to meet with me before the deadline. I think it was the email that made the difference since we ended up meeting that same day.

Cheers
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 12:20
motiv06 wrote:
Hello people,

Just a quick update. I ended up interviewing with the same person, despite cancellations. Was kind of a different approach from my first one, but I guess I did ok since I got a rather positive feedback.

Can't way to hear back from the school, with positive news! fingers crossed!

Cheers

motiv06

Thanks for the update and good to hear that your interview went well. I request you to add your interview experience in the following link. Thanks.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-201/i ... brief.html
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Sept 2019 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 00:58
motiv06 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Hi,

My AO simply contacted the person (by email I think) to confirm that he would be available to meet with me before the deadline. I think it was the email that made the difference since we ended up meeting that same day.

Cheers

That’s awesome! I just want to say that you showed great character by being so patient and professional with the interviewer despite his bizarre behavior. Two thumbs up and all the best!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 03:20
Been on the WL since R1. Painful.

Followed up with the AO last month and got a vague response.

Does anyone know when we can expect movement in the WL?
INSEAD School Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 11:16
Are you meeting the 75% guideline for the GMAT in verbal? Often the waitlist is a strong hint to improve your test score. If not recommend you increase your GMAT; for Indians, esp males, esp, if IT, must have at least 20 points over the average score to be competitive. Given the Trump BS going on here app volumes are increasing for INSEAD so might be even a bit higher.

I work with clients to provide update letters if they have upgraded their leadership activities, international job scope, or promotions. In one case, it was as simple as a guy becoming the organizer of the local soccer club and he was admitted in December for January term. Do not recommend harassing them with updates but if you have any substantive changes it can be a way to reframe some things.

Hope this helps!

Santaborg wrote:

D

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 19:09
Wow motiv06 kind of makes you wonder what was in that email. So glad it ended up working out OK however, I do wish they had offered another interviewer given your experience. Glad you received positive feedback from this person ultimately.
motiv06 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Hi,

Cheers

D

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 19:12
For those of you who just submitted for R3 - please refer to my earlier posts re: video question preparation!
S

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 19:15
Santaborg wrote:

Good luck to you Santaborg!

Movement on the WL is not fixed and I have friends who moved off the WL in one month while I had a friend who got the call only 1 month before matriculation! However, my understanding is that only extremely high potential candidates are placed in WL so stay optimistic! I am sure you will be offered a place eventually.

Cheers!
INSEAD School Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 19:34
Hideto I love your upbeat tone but just want to make sure there is no confusion.
Most people on the waitlist are not accepted. These are facts. So if anyone is on the waitlist, my overwhelming advice would be to put out other applications. January term apps for HEC, IMD, IE, Rotterdam and if you are underrepresented maybe R3 LBS and/or IESE. Yes, INSEAD waitlist pool is smaller relatively to other schools but candidates can't control who else applies (from your profile group) or the yield (who says YES from your profile group.) If you are Indian, you are competing against other Indians and they are looking to accept the perceivedly best applicant for that spot. They are looking for a diverse class because this is a higher value experience, which is what they are selling. Citizenship matters a lot. Do what you can by retaking the GMAT and/or offering *substantive, meaningful* updates but realize citizenship drives numbers.
I can't find any specific states for the percentage who are accepted off the WL but these are the stats for US schools
http://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/mba/mba ... 2019-data/
Hideto wrote:
Santaborg wrote:

Movement on the WL is not fixed and I have friends who moved off the WL in one month while I had a friend who got the call only 1 month before matriculation! However, my understanding is that only extremely high potential candidates are placed in WL so stay optimistic! I am sure you will be offered a place eventually.

Cheers!

S

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 21:13
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hideto I love your upbeat tone but just want to make sure there is no confusion.
Most people on the waitlist are not accepted. These are facts. So if anyone is on the waitlist, my overwhelming advice would be to put out other applications. January term apps for HEC, IMD, IE, Rotterdam and if you are underrepresented maybe R3 LBS and/or IESE. Yes, INSEAD waitlist pool is smaller relatively to other schools but candidates can't control who else applies (from your profile group) or the yield (who says YES from your profile group.) If you are Indian, you are competing against other Indians and they are looking to accept the perceivedly best applicant for that spot. They are looking for a diverse class because this is a higher value experience, which is what they are selling. Citizenship matters a lot. Do what you can by retaking the GMAT and/or offering *substantive, meaningful* updates but realize citizenship drives numbers.
I can't find any specific states for the percentage who are accepted off the WL but these are the stats for US schools
http://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/mba/mba ... 2019-data/
Hideto wrote:
Santaborg wrote:

Cheers!

Hi Farrell,

Thank you for the clarification!

I greatly appreciate your help in clearing up the misconception that I have with regards to the waiting list. I might have been skewed by the fact that all my friends on waiting list were ultimately offered a place so it is great to hear from you on this matter. Hopefully with your guidance thus far, Santaborg will be able to work out something that can increase his chances of moving off the waiting list.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 23:49
What’s the earliest that people hear back? In the past have decisions been released more than a week in advance? The wait is killing me!

INSEAD School Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 00:45
ayersrock wrote:
What’s the earliest that people hear back? In the past have decisions been released more than a week in advance? The wait is killing me!

Past threads seem to show that the calls usually start on the Tuesday of decision week, but for R1 20J subirroy got the earliest call and it was on 19th Nov (Monday)

So i guess we will probably start to hear back from 21st Jan onwards! I am nervous too! Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 00:53
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Are you meeting the 75% guideline for the GMAT in verbal? Often the waitlist is a strong hint to improve your test score. If not recommend you increase your GMAT; for Indians, esp males, esp, if IT, must have at least 20 points over the average score to be competitive. Given the Trump BS going on here app volumes are increasing for INSEAD so might be even a bit higher.

I work with clients to provide update letters if they have upgraded their leadership activities, international job scope, or promotions. In one case, it was as simple as a guy becoming the organizer of the local soccer club and he was admitted in December for January term. Do not recommend harassing them with updates but if you have any substantive changes it can be a way to reframe some things.

Hope this helps!

Santaborg wrote:

Yeah I am above 75%ile in verbal. Not from IT. I have already provided an update to the AO on a diploma course i have undertaken while i continue working. Its aligned with my goals.

Do you have any clue as to when one can expect movement in the WL? Should it be around the time the R1 admits have to deposit their first installments?

AO mentioned (when i followed-up) that one can expect a decision anytime between now and the start of the course. Thats insane.

Also, I asked if she would recommend anything to strengthen my application (including retaking the GMAT). Vague reply - Already strong enough. We are just looking out for future candidates while keeping in mind the "diversity" requirements for the class.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 01:03
Hideto wrote:
ayersrock wrote:

Past threads seem to show that the calls usually start on the Tuesday of decision week, but for R1 20J subirroy got the earliest call and it was on 19th Nov (Monday)

So i guess we will probably start to hear back from 21st Jan onwards! I am nervous too! Good luck everyone!

For the interview notification I received a call the Monday of decision week so perhaps I’ll hear back on the 21st assuming the same pattern holds true.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 08:11
Hi,
I have submitted my application for R2 and I am going to submit the video questions.
Can I use a headset with a microphone while recording video responses ? I am unable to set up the microphone on my laptop, however the one with the headset works fine.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 15:36
Hi Farell,
I have submitted my video questions for my R2 application.
Here's the list of my 4 video questions.
1.)Describe a situation where your family/company has adopted something from a different culture and how has it impacted you (positive/negative).
2.)Why should INSEAD offer you admission.
3.)You are leading a group project with a team where a team member is not contributing. What will you do in the situation.
4.)How would your colleagues describe your leadership style? Give an example.
I feel I did not answer two of the four questions to the best of my potential (stuttered in one, got nervous in another). All hope seems lost for INSEAD now. :(
All the best to others applying to INSEAD.
Manager
Manager
B
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 21:48
I have also finished my R2 video questions for R2.
1. What are the most important values and ethics that you demonstrate as a leader? Give me an example of this in practice?
2. In one minute tell me how INSEAD fits into your career plan?
3. What do you feel is the biggest challenge when dealing with people from another culture?
4. Tell me about a time when you received criticism on a piece of work you feel you have done very well. How did the criticism make you feel?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Sept 2019 Intake !   [#permalink] 11 Jan 2019, 21:48

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  26    Next  [ 507 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Sept 2019 Intake !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto