GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jun 2019, 00:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Sept 2019 Intake !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Sept 2019 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2018, 21:30
zee1222 wrote:
Hi all, to those working on their scholarship forms, were you able to put in all of your previous roles in the "Personal Profile" page? Seems the page is only saving the first entry, then throws an error when I try to put in a previous role in the second line... I've already sent an email to the IT helpdesk but haven't received any response yet.

I too had faced an IT glitch in the process. Wrote to IT helpdesk and didn't hear back. Then wrote back to my AO. she forwarded the issue to the IT helpdesk and they responded within a day.
So I;d suggest you to do the same. Write to the person who sent you the scholarship mail and he/she will get the IT team to act on it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2018, 21:31
ayersrock wrote:
I haven’t had that problem. Must be some glitch. It’s quite challenging to find something new to say in these scholarship essays after the already very in-depth application essays!

You don't have to say something new. The scholarship evaluation and application evaluation is separate. I wrote pretty much the same things in the scholarship essays and got a scholarship too.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2019, 00:58
nishantd88 wrote:
ayersrock wrote:
I haven’t had that problem. Must be some glitch. It’s quite challenging to find something new to say in these scholarship essays after the already very in-depth application essays!

You don't have to say something new. The scholarship evaluation and application evaluation is separate. I wrote pretty much the same things in the scholarship essays and got a scholarship too.

That's good to hear. Congrats on the scholarship!
INSEAD Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2019, 09:58
nishantd88 wrote:
ayersrock wrote:

Hi nishantd88,

May I check how you ascertained that the scholarship application and mba entry application is separate? I tried searching around but was unable to find a source for confirmation.

Just thought it is important to confirm that they are indeed separate since it will be detrimental to one’s scholarship application if we were to repeat ourselves thinking that the reviewer is not looking at our application essays when they are reviewing it as a collective.

Please do advise on this. Cheers!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2019, 11:26
Hideto wrote:
nishantd88 wrote:
ayersrock wrote:

Hi nishantd88,

May I check how you ascertained that the scholarship application and mba entry application is separate? I tried searching around but was unable to find a source for confirmation.

Just thought it is important to confirm that they are indeed separate since it will be detrimental to one’s scholarship application if we were to repeat ourselves thinking that the reviewer is not looking at our application essays when they are reviewing it as a collective.

Please do advise on this. Cheers!

I did some digging around and turns out that neither admissions essays nor GMAT scores are taken into consideration. It’s mentioned at the following link towards the bottom of the page:

https://sites.insead.edu/mba/schlmgmt/i ... ide&show=1
INSEAD Thread Master
S
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Sept 2019 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2019, 17:35
Oh that’s great to hear! Awesome!

Thank you ayersrock and nishantd88!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2019, 02:17
Is anyone applying for the Diversity scholarships? A salary statement from the employer is required, but what if I don’t want my employer to know I’m applying? Would bank statements showing my salary credit suffice?

INSEAD Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2019, 02:44
ayersrock wrote:
Is anyone applying for the Diversity scholarships? A salary statement from the employer is required, but what if I don’t want my employer to know I’m applying? Would bank statements showing my salary credit suffice?

Hi Ayersrock,

Based on my understanding, they are not asking you to get your employer to declare and confirm your salary (with signature etc). They are actually asking for documents like electronic payslips from recent months confirming your monthly salary. Is there a way for you to get such a proof of remuneration without having to inform your current employer? For me, it is available on the company's intranet.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Cheers!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2019, 02:58
Hideto wrote:
ayersrock wrote:

Hi Ayersrock,

Based on my understanding, they are not asking you to get your employer to declare and confirm your salary (with signature etc). They are actually asking for documents like electronic payslips from recent months confirming your monthly salary. Is there a way for you to get such a proof of remuneration without having to inform your current employer? For me, it is available on the company's intranet.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Cheers!

ayersrock

I agree with Hideto The pay statement from the company should suffice and I believe you can get that from your intranet. These payslips are used for a number of purposes like getting a credit card, house rental agreement etc so you don't need to worry about the company getting to know your intentions.
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2019, 09:08
Confirming what others said; no need to disclose things to your employer.
ayersrock wrote:

INSEAD Thread Master
D

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2019, 09:11
Confirming this - pretty much copy paste parts of the app for diversity scholarship app and clients get money
nishantd88 wrote:
ayersrock wrote:

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 10:38
Scholarship application done (really can only apply to Diversity scholarship). Back to the wait for results!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 11:41
ssxdots wrote:
Scholarship application done (really can only apply to Diversity scholarship). Back to the wait for results!

I've been trying to submit my application for the diversity scholarship for a while now and the system doesn't log my application, just takes me back to the homepage after I press submit. Has anyone else had this? I’ve emailed them but the deadline is tomorrow :/
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.12

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 18:48
ayersrock wrote:
ssxdots wrote:

I've been trying to submit my application for the diversity scholarship for a while now and the system doesn't log my application, just takes me back to the homepage after I press submit. Has anyone else had this? I’ve emailed them but the deadline is tomorrow :/

Hey I had the same problem, you have to fill in "n/a" or anything appropriate for those optional essays. You just have to make sure you fill in every blank box.
I hope it helps.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 19:10
seanrangxie wrote:
ayersrock wrote:
ssxdots wrote:

Hey I had the same problem, you have to fill in "n/a" or anything appropriate for those optional essays. You just have to make sure you fill in every blank box.
I hope it helps.

Thank you, this worked! Finally done with all the scholarship submissions.

INSEAD Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2019, 05:34
seanrangxie wrote:
ayersrock wrote:
ssxdots wrote:

I hope it helps.

Hi seanrangxie,

Thanks for the advice! Immensely helpful (:
INSEAD Thread Master
D

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 10:09
Anyone in the middle of a mad rush for Round 3? That is what I am working on right now.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 10:30
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Anyone in the middle of a mad rush for Round 3? That is what I am working on right now.

Check.

Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 4
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 22:26
I am alsoo in the same boat.
INSEAD Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2019, 00:50
ILMENF wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Check.

Good luck ILMENF and Ankush! Let us know if you need help.

I am done with the interviews finally! With scholarship applications done as well, now it is time to wait again. Have a good two weeks of peace before decision week everyone!!! (:
GMAT Club Bot
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Sept 2019 Intake !   [#permalink] 07 Jan 2019, 00:50

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  26    Next  [ 505 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Sept 2019 Intake !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto