Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 20:23 It is currently 07 May 2024, 20:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5432 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GPA: 4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 169
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
abhimahna wrote:
BALAGURU wrote:
Hi BB and team
i have a suggestion in the ERROR Log page
if you can include the topic filter in the error log display page, that will be helpful in quickly recalling the error log in the respective area
for eg, i made a mistake in countable and uncountable nouns( usage of less vs few), i remember i did same mistake long back, but it took lot of time for me to find out in the error log.
If there could be a topic filter also, probably would have saved much time.

thanks and regards
Balaguru

Hello BALAGURU ,

Thank you for the suggestion. We do have this consideration in our backlog of new changes. It should be released sometime soon.

All the best for your preparation. Thank you!

Thank you abhimahna for your quick response and it would be a great help
Thank you also for your wishes
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi BB and abhimahna
one more idea came into my mind about Error log
is it possible to include number of error logs we can look at in a page
Meaning
we can have option to see how many error logs in a page

Thanks and Regards
Balaguru
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
BALAGURU wrote:
Hi BB and abhimahna
Meaning

Thanks and Regards
Balaguru

Why do you mean by "many error logs" ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
abhimahna wrote:
BALAGURU wrote:
Hi BB and abhimahna
Meaning

Thanks and Regards
Balaguru

Why do you mean by "many error logs" ?

Hi abhimahna
"many error logs"
now we can view 20 error logs per page, if there is an option to select the number of error logs, say 50 or 100, in the same page itself i can view more error logs
this will just help saving time in moving around pages

THanks and Regards
Balaguru
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
BALAGURU wrote:
Hi abhimahna
"many error logs"
now we can view 20 error logs per page, if there is an option to select the number of error logs, say 50 or 100, in the same page itself i can view more error logs

THanks and Regards
Balaguru

I see what you are saying. Let me think about it! Thank you and good luck! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
BALAGURU wrote:
Hi abhimahna
"many error logs"

THanks and Regards
Balaguru

I see what you are saying. Let me think about it! Thank you and good luck! :)

thank you abhimahna
for reviewing the suggestion
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
In place of "Quote" feature, can there be reply threads like those of FB?

This might help users to follow a particular discussion properly. Single query and its discussion will remain at single place.
I guess it we be more easy to browse the whole discussion.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73106 [0]
Given Kudos: 18936
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
800Dreamer wrote:
In place of "Quote" feature, can there be reply threads like in FB?

This might help users to follow a particular discussion properly. Single query and its discussion will remain at single place.
I guess it we be more easy to browse the whole discussion.

Thank you for the suggestion. That has been tried and spectacularly failed :-) .

The problem is that It is very hard to figure out where the last post has happened as you have multiple reply branches. It’s quite a bit easier to keep one discussion dedicated to one topic so if there is multiple conversations happening in one topic, ideally they would be separated into separate topics. Not always possible but it usually works well for Quant and verbal questions.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I was going through the reviews and found one feature missing so posting it here, hope you guys consider it.

Basically the ability to search keywords in reviews for a course. For e.g for while going through EGMAT reviews I wanted to specifically check how the EGAMT Quant worked for people so the ability to just search quant under EGMAT reviews and further sort them as per recent or helpful.

This should help test takers search for more targeted reviews more easily.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73106 [0]
Given Kudos: 18936
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
That’s a great idea. I think Amazon added a search feature a year or so ago. We should add it too! ?

ABCDEFU wrote:
Hi,

I was going through the reviews and found one feature missing so posting it here, hope you guys consider it.

Basically the ability to search keywords in reviews for a course. For e.g for while going through EGMAT reviews I wanted to specifically check how the EGAMT Quant worked for people so the ability to just search quant under EGMAT reviews and further sort them as per recent or helpful.

This should help test takers search for more targeted reviews more easily.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1324 [0]
Given Kudos: 143
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 4: 710 Q49 V38 (Online)
Send PM

Ability to Hide "My Answer" Column In Error Log

Apologies if this feature has been requested before already! Currently, when you're doing some questions from the error log, you can see "My answer", which pretty much beats the purpose of re-doing that question. If there's a checkbox or something to hide that column, that would really help.

I mainly use error log to redo old questions, and it's hard to avoid looking at the "my answer" column if you wanna look at some other info such as "date".

Thanks!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5432 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
dabaobao wrote:

Ability to Hide "My Answer" Column In Error Log

Apologies if this feature has been requested before already! Currently, when you're doing some questions from the error log, you can see "My answer", which pretty much beats the purpose of re-doing that question. If there's a checkbox or something to hide that column, that would really help.

I mainly use error log to redo old questions, and it's hard to avoid looking at the "my answer" column if you wanna look at some other info such as "date".

Thanks!

Thank you, that’s in our list of new implementations. We will gradually start taking the items off soon! Good luck :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1324 [0]
Given Kudos: 143
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 4: 710 Q49 V38 (Online)
Send PM
dabaobao wrote:
bb

Error Log: Some Feature to Avoid GMAT Prep Exam Qs

This might not be a very standard request but I thought I'll anyway put it here in case there are others, especially re-test takers, who might benefit from this feature.

Currently, if one wants to redo all the Qs, one will need to use the Error Log. Ideally, I would want to start from the oldest Qs that I had done earlier but I absolutely want to avoid the official exam Qs (i.e. Qs from GMAT Prep, GMAT Prep EP1 & GMAT Prep EP2) so that my scores are less inflated when I revisit those exams.

Now suppose one wasn't very organized earlier and did questions from various sources at the same time instead of exhausting one source and moving to another. It would be slightly challenging to use the Error Log if one wants to redo Qs meeting these requirements:
1) Avoid GMAT Prep Exam Qs
2) Do the oldest Qs first (meaning the order could be random: OG, Verbal, Manhattan, Manhattan, QP1, Verbal, OG, Manhattan, Verbal....)

Currently, Error Log has 1 main filter (i.e. Verbal or Subsection such as RC) and the source filter. It would be hard to do the oldest Qs in order as mentioned above by just using the source filter. If we set the source filter to "All", then we'll be also seeing the GMAT Prep Qs and if we set the source filter to some specific source such as Manhattan or Verbal, one would see only the Qs from that source. Now let's say that I did some Qs from Verbal OG, Official Guide and some other sources gradually over the last 8 months and I want to repeat them by doing the oldest ones from (Start from Qs done in Apr -> Then do the ones in May ->..Do the ones on Nov), it would by really hard to do using the error log since one would constantly require changing the source filter.

I know a proper solution might be hard for this specific issue and it's understandable if GC can't help much with this :) I believe adding the sources in Error Log view for each Qs (either a new column or under the topic for each Q) might partially help since one can Ctrl+F to search for "GMAT Prep" and avoid opening those Qs. Currently, the Error Log has enough space to accommodate more info. I don't see much of "Friends" in the error log view so changing the UI for error log could possibly make it more powerful.

Thanks!

Superset Tag for Verbal Review

For error log, it would be great to have a superset source tag "Verbal Review", which can show Qs from all verbal review editions from different years. For example, "Official Guide" covers Qs from multiple OGs, a source tag that is extremely useful. Similarly, we could have a tag to cover all official Qs (OG, Review, QP1) except for the Gmat Prep as requested in my previous feature request quoted above, which is partially resolved because of the dates filter in error log.

I believe superset tag won't be needed if we can add the ability to select multiple sources in the error log (Similar to the filters in the forums for DS and other sub-sections). Not sure whether this has already been requested. I seem to have missed the GC Survey somehow. Apologies! Is there any consolidated post to see the features that are WIP or planned for coming week/months to avoid requesting making the same feature request? Thanks!
Board of Directors
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
dabaobao wrote:
dabaobao wrote:
bb

Error Log: Some Feature to Avoid GMAT Prep Exam Qs

This might not be a very standard request but I thought I'll anyway put it here in case there are others, especially re-test takers, who might benefit from this feature.

Currently, if one wants to redo all the Qs, one will need to use the Error Log. Ideally, I would want to start from the oldest Qs that I had done earlier but I absolutely want to avoid the official exam Qs (i.e. Qs from GMAT Prep, GMAT Prep EP1 & GMAT Prep EP2) so that my scores are less inflated when I revisit those exams.

Now suppose one wasn't very organized earlier and did questions from various sources at the same time instead of exhausting one source and moving to another. It would be slightly challenging to use the Error Log if one wants to redo Qs meeting these requirements:
1) Avoid GMAT Prep Exam Qs
2) Do the oldest Qs first (meaning the order could be random: OG, Verbal, Manhattan, Manhattan, QP1, Verbal, OG, Manhattan, Verbal....)

Currently, Error Log has 1 main filter (i.e. Verbal or Subsection such as RC) and the source filter. It would be hard to do the oldest Qs in order as mentioned above by just using the source filter. If we set the source filter to "All", then we'll be also seeing the GMAT Prep Qs and if we set the source filter to some specific source such as Manhattan or Verbal, one would see only the Qs from that source. Now let's say that I did some Qs from Verbal OG, Official Guide and some other sources gradually over the last 8 months and I want to repeat them by doing the oldest ones from (Start from Qs done in Apr -> Then do the ones in May ->..Do the ones on Nov), it would by really hard to do using the error log since one would constantly require changing the source filter.

I know a proper solution might be hard for this specific issue and it's understandable if GC can't help much with this :) I believe adding the sources in Error Log view for each Qs (either a new column or under the topic for each Q) might partially help since one can Ctrl+F to search for "GMAT Prep" and avoid opening those Qs. Currently, the Error Log has enough space to accommodate more info. I don't see much of "Friends" in the error log view so changing the UI for error log could possibly make it more powerful.

Thanks!

Superset Tag for Verbal Review

For error log, it would be great to have a superset source tag "Verbal Review", which can show Qs from all verbal review editions from different years. For example, "Official Guide" covers Qs from multiple OGs, a source tag that is extremely useful. Similarly, we could have a tag to cover all official Qs (OG, Review, QP1) except for the Gmat Prep as requested in my previous feature request quoted above, which is partially resolved because of the dates filter in error log.

I believe superset tag won't be needed if we can add the ability to select multiple sources in the error log (Similar to the filters in the forums for DS and other sub-sections). Not sure whether this has already been requested. I seem to have missed the GC Survey somehow. Apologies! Is there any consolidated post to see the features that are WIP or planned for coming week/months to avoid requesting making the same feature request? Thanks!

Thank you, this feature is noted. We don't really have a post right now but mostly, all the requests usually should go to the Error Log post we created a couple of months ago. I will see if I can create a separate post for Error Log requests. Pretty busy moving out right now! :)
Board of Directors
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
sharpe1985 wrote:
If possible, split the verbal section into three parts SC,CR,RC
Ditto for Quants--DS and PS
also make spl section for Gmatprep(s/w) Q
Thanks

Thank you! Added it to our consideration. Good luck :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
For a question that I am re-solving, if I want to see my last attempt there is no other way than to go to error log and it is very difficult to search that question by filtering.
Anyways for this question, my last time taken is shown, can there by one more spoiler field "my last marked choice".
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
800Dreamer wrote:
For a question that I am re-solving, if I want to see my last attempt there is no other way than to go to error log and it is very difficult to search that question by filtering.
Anyways for this question, my last time taken is shown, can there by one more spoiler field "my last marked choice".

Hey 800Dreamer ,

Thank you for the suggestion. Let me think more about it. Do you have a mock-up it share on how you wanna see it in future?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  44