Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [4]
Given Kudos: 214
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Send PM
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Calcutta MBAEx Applicants (2021 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
May someone post 2020-21's batch profile

No.of Candidates ?
Avg GMAT, Max-Min GMAT ?
Avg Work-Ex, Max-Min Work-Ex ?
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Calcutta MBAEx Applicants (2021 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi Karthikmarella, Added the details to main post. Thanks!

Karthikmarella wrote:
May someone post 2020-21's batch profile

No.of Candidates ?
Avg GMAT, Max-Min GMAT ?
Avg Work-Ex, Max-Min Work-Ex ?
IIM School Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Everyone!

A new GC Chat group for IIM 2021-22 Batch Applicants has been created. Join IIM chat

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Watch out for the official updates on IIM Calcutta's MBAEx 2021 intake soon.
-IIM Calcutta's Official MBAEx Student Council Team.
IIM School Moderator
Send PM
Kudos

IIM 1 Year MBA admissions 2021 - Live chat with IIMA PGPX alumnus

Sunday, July 12, 2020 | 6 PM IST | 8:30 AM EST

Get your questions answered on IIM admissions, essays, and related topics from IIMA PGPX Alumnus.

Keep your questions ready. Stay Tuned!

Join the chat here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?room_id=50050135
IIM School Moderator
Send PM
#Webinar Alert#

First Webinar to take place on Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 6:00 PM IST.

Join the live webinar to know more about the MBAEx program and also get a chance to interact directly with the Chairperson of the program, Prof. Manju Jaiswall.

Registration link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bsP7E6 ... qVfJ779FIk

More details here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/iim-c-mbaex- ... l#p2560508
IIM School Moderator
Send PM
Hi All,

Did anybody attend this seminar yesterday? please share the main points discussed in the seminar.
It will be helpful to all of us.

Thanks.

fauji wrote:
#Webinar Alert#

First Webinar to take place on Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 6:00 PM IST.

Join the live webinar to know more about the MBAEx program and also get a chance to interact directly with the Chairperson of the program, Prof. Manju Jaiswall.

Registration link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bsP7E6 ... qVfJ779FIk

More details here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/iim-c-mbaex- ... l#p2560508
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM

IIMC MBAEx Optional Essay : The game changer

IIMC MBAEx application process for 2021 admissions has started. The last date for round 1 application is 30th August.In this article, the focus is on the parts of the application where it demands long written deliberations. There are three major write-ups required by the application process -

What is the importance of the optional essay?

This is what the application guideline says, “You may use this optional essay to highlight anything else in support of your application. This can also be used to address anything unusual in your profile like poor academic performance in a specific semester/class or any gap in your work experience”

The importance of the essay is –

This is the point of difference in this application process. The SOP, work experience part will be almost the same as you have applied in the other colleges. So, what will push you ahead in this application process from the usual group of candidates with whom you are competing in other colleges? This will be that extra push that you require.
This is specially required for Govt/PSU professionals if they have utilised study gap in their career to prepare for competitive exams.

What to write in the optional essay?

The optional essay should include the following –

The fill-up part – Study/work-experience gap, some uncharacteristic academic under-performance and other unusual parts of your profile which can’t be explained through CV. This part need not portray you in a bad light. This should be used as an opportunity to explain the valid reasons which might get overlooked under regular application screening. This fill-up will also help to address any prejudice regarding your unexplained parts of CV. Always put the real reason on this part, after all, we are humans not super-women/men.
The bright-up part – If you have done something different which is neither a part of your work responsibility nor your career path, then this is the place to highlight that. You can give the details of your hobbies, sports activities in this space.
The wind-up part – At last, you can highlight the diversity that you can bring to the class in this essay. Highlight that unique thing which puts you apart even in the same domain. For example, even if you are from a PSU, why you among all others from the same PSU? This essay can also be used to highlight the reason why you are particularly interested in IIMC.

PSU add ons-
PSU/Govt professionals need to give attention to the following points –

a. The optional essay is a good way to explain study gap if any.
b. It is a good way to bring out your uniqueness and diversity.
c. This essay can be utilised to negate the prejudices against PSU/govt professionals.

If you are an applicant with Govt/PSU background, feel free to register for a free admission counselling session with us.
All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Upcoming Webinar from IIMC on 25th of July 11 AM

Link to Join
https://compuage.webex.com/compuage/j.p ... 36768fbe3e
Attachments

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-22 at 9.30.38 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-22 at 9.30.38 PM.jpeg [ 114.15 KiB | Viewed 11179 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for applicants? and is there a separate deadline to send LORs?
IIM School Moderator
Send PM
Hi lalitkhanna0909

There's an Active GC Chat group for IIM applicants. You can join here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?room_id=50050135

You can post your queries here or in Chat group, somebody will definitely reply. Hope it helps!

Thanks.

lalitkhanna0909 wrote:
Hi,

Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for applicants? and is there a separate deadline to send LORs?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.04
Send PM
lalitkhanna0909 wrote:
Hi,

Hi Lalit!

I moderate a wats-app group for fellow aspirants. If you want to have your quick doubts cleared please reach out to 98840-64837

Good luck with your applications!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1288 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V25
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Is anybody facing problem with uploading the SOP? My SOP word count is 498, but still I'm unable to upload. The error message says the word count should be less then 500.

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Chethan92 wrote:
Is anybody facing problem with uploading the SOP? My SOP word count is 498, but still I'm unable to upload. The error message says the word count should be less then 500.

Posted from my mobile device

Sometimes there may be an issue because the system counts words differently from word processing software like MS Word. Try and decrease the word count by 3-4 words and see at which point it accepts. Then optimize the remaining SOP to restrict it to those many words.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1288 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V25
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi fauji, IIM-C has released updated dates for Interview and announcement of shortlisted candidates for interview. You may want to update that in the forum.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Hello IIMC MBAEx aspirants,

I hope you are through your application process for Round 1. Those of you who have missed Round 1 can apply in Round 2 which will be online soon!!

It’s important to celebrate a world of both similarities and differences. A good MBA program should be able to bring out both in the classroom. It is with great pleasure that we invite you all to join the webinar on the “Admission Process & Diversity in IIMC MBAEx Program”' hosted by IIMC Student Admission Council. As eminent guests, we have with us, Ms. Krishna Gangopadhyay, MD & CEO, Afrinex, Mauritius, Prof. Pragyan Rath, Associate Professor, Business Ethics & Communication Group, and of course, our MBAEx Chairperson and Faculty of Finance and Control, Prof. Manju Jaiswal. Kindly join us for a candid discussion.

Date: 29th July 2020 Saturday
Time: 6:00PM to 7:00PM

https://iimcmbaex.webex.com/iimcmbaex/j.php?MTID=m14b46dda3011658f856e433e9fd59b42
** Pls click on the Invitation link only on the scheduled date and time of the webinar. No prior registrations are required.

Regards,

IIMC Student Admission Committee
MBAEx Batch 14
2020-21
Attachments

3rd Webinar Poster.jpg
3rd Webinar Poster.jpg [ 725.59 KiB | Viewed 10493 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: WBS '22 (A)
Send PM
Did any of you completed the submission of application? If yes, did you receive the confirmation email from IIMC. I did not receive one.

Also, one of my recommends did not receive the link for recommendation as well.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts