Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36 (Online)
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation - MBA [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ahumne wrote:
Hello all,

I belong to one of the most application dense pool for MBA. (Engineer - Male - India)

Background:

I finished my B. Tech in CSE in 2017 from NIT Raipur with an average grade of (7.41). After graduation I supported my father in business for 8-10 months - It is mostly real estate work.

In April 2018, I started working in a startup as a business analyst. After working here for 6 months I got an opportunity to work in a fortune 500 company. To my luck I spent 7 months working in Switzerland, in company's one of the most ambitious and transformative project.
I'm still employed here where I continue in a consulting/ project management role. (In India since November 2019)
As of today I have 30 months of work experience.

Other experiences:

1. I have worked as a research intern at National University of Singapore for 2 months.
2. I was captain of my college basketball team.
3. I was also the head co-ordinator of my college's cultural fest and lead of the sponsorship team.

Target:

I attempted GMAT in early 2018 with a disappointing score of 650. I was looking for MiM course in Europe.
I plan to retake it now, aiming for 700+ score.

Target Schools:
1. Oxford
2. Cambridge
3. LBS

Could you guys please evaluate my profile? I think I lack the work experience to be taken seriously in top B schools.

Thank you! :)

I believe you can get some more work experience for the b-schools you have mentioned as targets. Whether that's not the kind to be "taken seriously" I cant say untilI know more about your profile, but I get a feeling you may be underestimating yourself.
I would suggest you retake GMAT and apply next year. Meanwhile, if there is something you must so to build your profile, we'd be happy to help. You can share your resume with me at contact@mbadecoder.com
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation - MBA [#permalink]