Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools: ISB'22
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GRE 1: Q167 V153
Send PM
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi everyone,

Was hoping to get some insight on my overall profile.

I have strong academic credentials:
1. CGPA 10 / Rank #1 in secondary school examination (CBSE - grade X)
2. 96.25% / Rank #2 in higher secondary school examination (CBSE - grade XII)
3. CGPA 7.8 / 10 / Rank #3 in BCom with a major in Accounting and Finance
4. CFA Charterholder

Professionally, I have ~5.5 years of investment banking experience in India, of which I spent ~4 months working at the company's office in New York.

In addition, I am extremely passionate about Yoga. I am a certified instructor and teach on a regular basis.

I also took the GMAT last week after around 2 weeks of prep but scored a 640 (Q42 V35 AWA5 IR6). I lost points in Quants, but I am hoping my academic and professional qualifications would make up for it. I was wondering whether this score, considered in tandem with my overall profile, would be deemed competitive.

Thanks!
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Iti24

First of all, congratulations on clearing the first round. Your profile seems amazing. What I personally like about it is the fact it is so well-rounded. ISB looks for versatile and all-rounded individuals who can contribute to society.

Your Mathematics background and extra-curricular will add a diverse perspective to your profile. Your work-experience seems amazing with many diverse qualities and a stint of international exposure, which can provide you with an edge. For your ECs, you have done a lot of amazing things. But almost all are related to the college level. Try to find something that you do now, beyond work. Also, make your ECs more salient and highlight what you learnt from them. ISB expects that the candidates have shown leadership qualities in the past along with career progression. So try to highlight the points in your work-experience on how you contributed to your current organization, what leadership positions you undertook or how you handled a tough task which showcases some core values of yours.

Your academic achievements are another jewel on your profile which prove your competitive attitude. You can further make your profile appealing by connecting all this with a story, where you tell how your past achievements will make a good match with your MBA at ISB. Then further expand how you will be able to contribute to society and your future organization with such a diverse past.

MBA and Beyond is here to help you connect with people who had the same journey as you and now are ISB admits. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma, Linkedin
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

Iti24 wrote:
Hey, I'd like to get my profile evaluated as well.

Academics:

10th- 9.6 CGPA (91.2%)
12th- 95.6%
College & Course- Maths Hons, Lady Shri Ram College For Women (LSR), DU; 8.1 CGPA

Work Experience: Sr. Analyst at GEP Worldwide
Job Description:
✓ To work on global client consulting projects with GEP teams based across Americas,
Europe, Asia Pacific
✓ Responsible for project deliverables through comprehensive research, insightful
analytics and support overall project management.
✓ Perform Market Research
✓ Support multiple projects concurrently
✓ Perform complex data analytics
✓ Create compelling presentations

Internships:
1. Associate Intern at Airblack
2. Social media marketing intern, Utterstock Lifestyle
3. Social media Marketing intern, Eduperience

Social Service:
1. Member, National Social Service, LSR 2018-19
2. Social Change fellow, Yes Foundation

Academic Achievements:

1. Secured 3rd position in AISSCE- 2017- Commerce stream ( School level)
2. Subject Topper- Mathematics, AISSCE-2017 (School level)
3. Obtained 91.8 percentile in International Commerce Olympiad-2015 conducted by Commerce Teachers’ Foundation (CTF)
4. School Topper, 5th National Interactive Maths Olympiad (N.I.M.O) held in Aug-Sep 2010; National rank: 107, State rank: 13.

Extra- Curriculars:

1. core team member of the Sponsorship Team, Tarang’20, LSR'S Annual Fest.
2. actively volunteered in the department as well as in the annual fests of the college- Member, Logistics Team, Nexus'19;
3. Volunteer, Security Team, Tarang'18; Volunteer, Math Department Fest'18
4. a part of The MUN society of LSR (2017-18) and The Web Team of The College Magazine
(2017-18)
5. a volunteer in the Women’s Development Cell of my college in 2018-19.
6. Was the President of The Theatre Club of my school and won many competitions during my tenure.

GMAT Score: 660 ( quant:50, verbal: 31)

I have cleared the first round
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi vsyaswant,

First, about your concern of GRE, the usual average hovers around 323-326. You have exhibited your academic prowess through your amazing grades throughout (which ISB does consider while looking for evidence of academic potential). So, GRE solely can not be the deciding factor which held you back. Given a mix of your ECs and work-ex, there is no doubt you fit ISB’s criteria.

Your essays play a very important role in letting the adcoms know about you and your fit to their program. Try to highlight your work experience and your learnings from it. Your essays should give an impression that your ECs and work-ex has sown the seeds of leadership in you and ISB can help to nurture them. Your volunteer work at NGO and membership of the CSR will also prove to be a feather in the hat, as ISB does look for individuals who create societal value and have a lasting impact in the community.

Talking about the GRE score, it will be a good approach if you keep improving it. Score beyond 326 will give you a safe ground. So, if you feel, you can enhance your score with a good margin, you should give it a go.

If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call some time this week to discuss your chances in further detail and address your concerns better. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Testimonials

vsyaswant wrote:
Hi
Can you please evaluate and let me know if my profile fits for the requirements of ISB

My GRE score 323 (V156 Q 167 AWA 3.0)
Work-ex 3.5 years( NCR corporation)
Btech(ECE) CGPA CBIT(Osmania University) 9.25
XII -97.7%
X-94%

Working as a software engineer in the R&D team (Retail Division) of NCR corporation a product based company
As a developer in R&D team worked in teams that develop innovative tools that make life easy for a day to day shopper at retail stores.

Extra Curricular activities : Captain of one of the college sports teams volunteer at Make A difference(MAD NGO),member of CSR team of Company, alumni of TEP(Technology Entrepreneurship Program) at ISB

I was not called for interview when applied for PGP 2020(I believe my essays were not up to the mark).Do you think my GRE Score is OK or should I
work more to getter a better score?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
NP2909 wrote:
I also took the GMAT last week after around 2 weeks of prep but scored a 640 (Q42 V35 AWA5 IR6). I lost points in Quants, but I am hoping my academic and professional qualifications would make up for it.

Hi NP2909, earnestly suggest you to consider re-attempting GMAT and see if you can push your existing score by at least 30 points.

We still have around a month before the application deadline and if you follow my suggestion, you may end up thanking me for saving one precious year of yours.

Good luck.
Director
Director
Send PM
bharatsethia wrote:
Hi,
I recently took the GMAT and scored a 750 (Q50 V41 IR6 AWA5)

I have 0 years of work experience but I do have internship experience from PwC India, where I was a finance intern. I have also worked with many NGOs as a volunteer, including CRY, Aastha Prayas and Privileged for Underprivileged.

In college, I have held the position of Head of Content Development for the Model UN society and Event Head for the Economics Society. I have also been a part of the Poetry society and have won an intra-college sports tournament.

Undergraduate Education - Bachelors of Arts (Honours) in Economics from Delhi University (3rd year student) - GPA 8.14/10 (aggregate of 4 semesters)

Class XII - Commerce with Mathematics - 95.6% (Aggregate of 5) and 84.17% (Aggregate of 6). I fell sick for one of the additional exams and therefore, I couldn't appear for the same. I intend to explain it in my application as well.

Class X - 10/10 CGPA

Please evaluate my profile for ISB YLP

You have a very good profile bharatsethia. Since YLP candidates don't have work experience, ISB primarily looks for prior academic performance, extracurricular, and clarity of future goals.

Your profile (including your GMAT score) get my thumbs up on all fronts (of course assuming that you would do a decent job at clarity of future goals).

Good luck!
Director
Director
Send PM
nikhilbhat wrote:
POST GRAD GOALS:
Work as a Strategy Consultant in a good Consulting firm.

Hi nikhilbhat, this goal seems really broad, generic, and non-specific.

Since you're working as a supply chain analyst, would suggest you state a goal closer to what you are currently doing.

The clarity of your goals and the vision that you show, may be a make or break for your application.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: ISB'22 (S)
GRE 1: Q158 V152
Send PM
Hello.

I would be grateful if someone could review my profile for admission to ISB in Round 2 - 2021 admit (EEO). Details as follows -

Personal Info
Indian Male, 22 years

GRE Score
310 (Q157V153)
I am appearing again for GRE again before the R2 Deadline.

School
Xth: 9.6 CGPA
XIIth: 86% [Science]

Undergraduate:
Bachelors of Technology, Computer Science, Guru Nanak Dev University [2015-2019]
7.6/10

Work Experience:
1) Data Analyst, KPMG India ( 16 Months Full Time) + ( 6 Months Internship)
- Front end role including various engagements with multiple clients ranging from Telecom sector to Power and Energy Sector. Responsible for creating and developing Business Intelligence and Data Science solutions.
** Awards**
- Among Top 10% performers in the first year.
- Kudos Award for exceptional performance
- Few awards for Learning and Development events and leagues.

2) Data Science Student Intern, Royal Bank of Scotland (2 Months, Summer Intern)
- Worked with Global Internal Audit Data Science team for creating self-service automation tools and data analysis projects and engagements.

Extra-Curricular:
1. Organised city's first-ever biggest Tech. Hackathon as a president of Univerisities's Technical Society. COnducted various sessions and events during my tenure as a president of the society and awarded with the Scholarship for the same.
2. Selected as an Innovator at TCS Digital Impact Square (DISQ)program
3) National Level Taekwondo player with Silver Medal in National events and Gold Medals at State level.
4) Third prize for the best project in a conference on innovative engineering trends org. by IIT Kharagpur
5) Second prize in annual inter-department Basketball Championship
6) City Level Swimming Championships
7) Won City level Bournvita Quiz hosted by Derek O brian.

Why MBA?
Primarily to move into Product Management space to get good roles with Product based companies such as Amazon, Microsoft, etc.

Essays
I believe I have decent essays, I tried covering my journey and gave emphasis on joining the Business Technology Club at ISB to expand the current initiatives in tech. space. Also mentioned my initiatives and impact as Tech club president at the university level.

I understand that my chances with 310 are near to 0, and given that I might not be able to improve up to 325+, I wanted to understand what might be a threshold score below which I should not apply

Thanks

Originally posted by daalia98 on 10 Dec 2020, 05:41.
Last edited by daalia98 on 10 Dec 2020, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Hi,

Would appreciate if someone could review my profile for admission to ISB in Round 2 - 2021 admit. Details as follows -

Personal Info
Female, 27 years

GMAT Score
690 (Q49V34)

School
10th: 97.2% (4th in district) - scholar badge holder for 8 consecutive years
12th: 93.8% (Commerce with Math) - merit scholarship for classes 11 and 12

Undergraduate:
B.Com (Hons.), Gargi College, Percentage - 89% (College rank - 1 for 2 consecutive years, University rank - 2 for 1 semester); scholarship holder for 2 years

Professional Qualification:
Chartered Accountant (AIR 48 in intermediate exams)

Work Experience: (3.5 years PQE)
1) CA Articleship - Audit - Big4 (3 years)
2) Consultant - Tax - Big4 (3.5 years - 1 promotion at 2 years) (Contributed to several articles/ media brief/ journals)

Extra-Curricular:
1. State level table tennis player
2. Member of Toastmasters International
3. Part of several CSR drives in the Big4s
4. Above and beyond team experience awards

Questions
What are my chances of converting with a score of 690?
Should i retake the GMAT before the R2 deadline?
Is there some way to improve the profile?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
deekshawadhwa wrote:
Questions
What are my chances of converting with a score of 690?
Should i retake the GMAT before the R2 deadline?
Is there some way to improve the profile?

Hi deekshawadhwa, you have a very decent profile overall, including your numerous academic exploits and decent extra curricular.

I do not get any sense of your post-MBA goals. Make sure that your goals are aligned with your academic and professional experiences so far; in other words, you goals should not come across as whimsical or as a wish-list arising out of thin air.

In terms of re-taking GMAT, frankly your current score of 690 puts you in a decent position already! However, if you feel that giving GMAT once more before the deadline can improve your score by upwards of 20-30 points, I would suggest that there is no harm in giving GMAT once more.

You are at a zero-risk stage as far as GMAT is concerned, because (God forbid) if you score lower than 690 in your re-attempt, you are anyway going to cancel that score. In other words, 690 is a very decent benchmark that you have already set for yourself and you can go no lower than that. So, you can confidently go ahead with the re-attempt.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi. My GRE score is 305 (Q162 V143). Can i apply to ISB/IIM basis my profile. I am a CA working with a big 4 since 9 yrs- 5 yrs (post qualification).. i got promoted as well this year. My 12th percentge was 94 and 10th 89 and 60 percent in CA Final. Also in case i wish to re appear on 4/5 Jan 2021. Can i submit the scores to the colleges later on as ETS doesn’t provide the unoffical scores also and the official score is provided only after 10-15 days. The ISB deadline is 10 Jan 2021. Please suggest me a way out.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: ISB'22 (S)
GRE 1: Q158 V152
Send PM
Hello.

I would be grateful if someone could review my profile for admission to ISB in Round 2 - 2021 admit (EEO). Details as follows -

Personal Info
Indian Male, 22 years

GRE Score
310 (Q157V153)

School

Undergraduate:
Bachelors of Technology, Computer Science, Guru Nanak Dev University [2015-2019]
7.6/10

Work Experience:
- Front end role including various engagements with multiple clients ranging from Telecom sector to Power and Energy Sector. Responsible for creating and developing Business Intelligence and Data Science solutions.
** Awards**

2) Data Science Student Intern, Royal Bank of Scotland (2 Months, Summer Intern)
- Worked with Global Internal Audit Data Science team for creating self-service automation tools and data analysis projects and engagements.

Extra-Curricular:
1. Organised city's first-ever biggest Tech. Hackathon as a president of Univerisities's Technical Society. COnducted various sessions and events during my tenure as a president of the society and awarded with the Scholarship for the same.
3) National Level Taekwondo player with Silver Medal in National events and Gold Medals at State level.
4) Third prize for the best project in a conference on innovative engineering trends org. by IIT Kharagpur
5) Second prize in annual University inter-department Basketball Championship

Why MBA?
Primarily to move into Product Management space to get good roles with Product based companies such as Amazon, Microsoft, etc.

Essays
I believe I have decent essays, I tried covering my journey and gave emphasis on joining the Business Technology Club at ISB to expand the current initiatives in tech. space. Also mentioned my initiatives and impact as Tech club president at the university level.

I understand that my chances with 310 are near to 0, and given that I might not be able to improve up to 325+, I wanted to understand what might be a threshold score below which I should not apply

Thanks
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi daalia98,

Starting with your main concern, the usual GRE score range for ISB’s class is 311 to 334 with the average being 325. Looking at your profile, I believe you’ll have a strong ground if you are able to take it to 315 at least.

One thing which is noteworthy about your profile is its diversity especially when we take into account your ECs and your eye-popping achievements in Taekwondo. They bring forward the sheer doggedness and grit in you. The fact you organised such a huge scale hackathon, coupled with your tenure as a president of the society highlights a strong point that you have developed leadership qualities at such an early stage. Your achievements with respect to academic competitions highlight your intellectual prowess.

Your profile is very diverse and the fact that your work experience has been very progressive and you have contributed towards your organization is going to make things easier for you in the application process. Primarily because ISB itself is on the lookout for candidates who have a diverse profile and set of values. Candidates who have demonstrated progress during their tenure are preferred more.

In my opinion, your scores are just one aspect. Your essays should speak more about you as a person, any important/ difficult situation you handled easily or how some important event of your life shaped you. As most of the achievements are already there in the resume, the essays should be leveraged to bring out the qualitative aspects of you.

I wish you more success ahead and best of luck for your exam. Feel free to connect with us if you need any sort of help in your essays or need any direction. Also, we will be very glad to help you connect with some recent ISB admits.

Book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Testimonials

daalia98 wrote:
Hello.

Personal Info
Indian Male, 22 years

GRE Score
310 (Q157V153)

School

Undergraduate:
7.6/10

Work Experience:
** Awards**

Extra-Curricular:
5) Second prize in annual University inter-department Basketball Championship

Why MBA?

Essays

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi. My GRE score is 305 (Q162 V143). Can i apply to ISB/IIM basis my profile. I am a CA working with a big 4 since 9 yrs- 5 yrs (post qualification).. i got promoted as well this year. My 12th percentge was 94 and 10th 89 and 60 percent in CA Final. Also in case i wish to re appear on 4/5 Jan 2021. Can i submit the scores to the colleges later on as ETS doesn’t provide the unoffical scores also and the official score is provided only after 10-15 days. The ISB deadline is 10 Jan 2021. Please suggest me a way out.

MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
samkapo4 wrote:

Hi samkapo4,

For a start, you must re-take the GRE for both IIMs and ISB. Apart from that, would need a few more details around your work-ex, extra-curricular and goals for a profile evaluation.
ISB has mentioned in the past that the scores (unofficial / official) should reach the school by the deadline. You can check with them if the appointment date proof would work this time.

Otherwise, plan the dates accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Manan
Co-founder, S4G | ISB CO'13
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mananpuri/
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
daalia98 wrote:
Hello.

Why MBA?

Essays

Thanks

Hi daalia98,

Going by the recent trends of admits so far, the GRE scores (incl. a similar level of diversity as you have) have been 324+, hence do aim for that and don't restrict yourself to a lower target score at least during preparation.
Regarding the essays, make sure you know the details at least two layers deeper than what you're mentioning the essays as alums would definitely test out especially what you mention around ISB (e.g. your knowledge of BTC) in the interviews.

Since this is probably the last round this year (even if R3 is there, the competition will be high), apply with whatever score you get which is higher than 305. Since you have decent essays already, it si better to try and have some chance of getting through vs not trying and no chance of getting through :)

Cheers,
Manan
Co-founder, S4G | ISB CO'13
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mananpuri
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi,

I would be grateful if someone could review my profile for ISB PGP Round 2 (2021)

Personal info - Indian Male, 25 yrs

GMAT score - 700 (Q48,V38,IR8,AWA5)
Score is lower compared to my GMAT mocks (720-750) but I'm not able to get a slot for this month for Mumbai

Work Experience - 4.5 yrs

1)Reliance Retail Ltd: Dec 2018 – Present
Category Manager (Pan India)
- Received ‘Emerging Merchant-FMCG’ award from CHRO of RRL in Apr’19
- Promoted from Deputy Manager- Grooming to Manager-Deos & Perfumes in Mar’20 due to strong performance and organizational impact
- P&L owner: Driving Top-Line, Bottom-Line and investments for category (Strategic planning to drive assortment, sales, margin, inventory, pricing for category)
- Conducted JBP with top vendors, strategized investment & revenue growth plans and aligned digital marketing. Managed 20+ brands and introduced 4 major brands, created 2 new sub-categories.
- Delivered more than 3x growth for Focus Brands and became the largest retailer for the following brands - Set Wet, Beardo, Supermax; Kai. Fastest growing retailer for all major brands
- Managed to turn around Grooming category from 5% de-growth in FY18-19 to 43% growth in FY 19-20 (compared to single digit growth in RoMT & GT)
- Grew emerging categories by 3x-7x (Hair Styling, Women’s Razors & Beard Care)
- Delivered 9x Category Investments YoY for Grooming category for FY 19-20 (from 25L to 2.3Cr)
(Highest OI% to overall sales in FMCG team)

- Started managing Deos category in Dec’19, Helped grow Deos & Perfumes category by 34% & 93% GMV in Jan’20 & Feb’20 respectively, becoming the fastest growing retailer for category in process.
- Increased Share of Trade for Deos by 400 bps within 6 months
- Annual turnover of portfolio – 150 Cr

2)Grofers India Pvt. Ltd: June 2016 – Oct 2018
A)Deputy Manager – Category (West): June 2017 – Oct 2018
- P&L owner for West Zone: Deliver sales, gross margins and visibility income for categories (FMCG, Staples & Dairy)
- Promoted from Assistant Manager to Deputy Manager in Apr’18
- Planned short- and long-term strategy for the category in consultation with key stakeholders, developed presence of regional and OPP brands on platform for region.
- Led a team of 3 people (1 key account manager and 2 sales executives)
- Helped grow overall category by 2.5x YoY & key accounts by 7x-10x YoY
- Annual turnover of portfolio - 60 crores

B)Sales Manager (Mumbai and Pune): June 2016 – May 2017
- Managed 200+ vendors on marketplace model, promoted from ASM to State Lead in 8 months.
- Headed marketplace for Mumbai and Pune from February 2017
- Highest revenue contributor in West sales team for Q2 & Q3 2017, consistent target achievement

Extra-curriculars:
1)Conducted a guest lecture on Category Management to PGDM students of N.L Dalmia College
2)Vice-Chairperson of Drishti'15, led a team of 20 members and 4 heads (inter-collegiate management festival)

One small issue - in case of Reliance, I was unofficially promoted(changed reporting matrix and increased responsibilities). However, because of covid-19 no appraisals or promotions were done this year. On paper, I've not received any promotion. Is there a way to showcase this in my application?

Would the low GMAT score compared to ISB average cause an issue?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
arham95 wrote:
Hi,

I would be grateful if someone could review my profile for ISB PGP Round 2 (2021)

Personal info - Indian Male, 25 yrs

GMAT score - 700 (Q48,V38,IR8,AWA5)
Score is lower compared to my GMAT mocks (720-750) but I'm not able to get a slot for this month for Mumbai

Work Experience - 4.5 yrs

1)Reliance Retail Ltd: Dec 2018 – Present
Category Manager (Pan India)
- Received ‘Emerging Merchant-FMCG’ award from CHRO of RRL in Apr’19
- Promoted from Deputy Manager- Grooming to Manager-Deos & Perfumes in Mar’20 due to strong performance and organizational impact
- P&L owner: Driving Top-Line, Bottom-Line and investments for category (Strategic planning to drive assortment, sales, margin, inventory, pricing for category)
- Conducted JBP with top vendors, strategized investment & revenue growth plans and aligned digital marketing. Managed 20+ brands and introduced 4 major brands, created 2 new sub-categories.
- Delivered more than 3x growth for Focus Brands and became the largest retailer for the following brands - Set Wet, Beardo, Supermax; Kai. Fastest growing retailer for all major brands
- Managed to turn around Grooming category from 5% de-growth in FY18-19 to 43% growth in FY 19-20 (compared to single digit growth in RoMT & GT)
- Grew emerging categories by 3x-7x (Hair Styling, Women’s Razors & Beard Care)
- Delivered 9x Category Investments YoY for Grooming category for FY 19-20 (from 25L to 2.3Cr)
(Highest OI% to overall sales in FMCG team)

- Started managing Deos category in Dec’19, Helped grow Deos & Perfumes category by 34% & 93% GMV in Jan’20 & Feb’20 respectively, becoming the fastest growing retailer for category in process.
- Increased Share of Trade for Deos by 400 bps within 6 months
- Annual turnover of portfolio – 150 Cr

2)Grofers India Pvt. Ltd: June 2016 – Oct 2018
A)Deputy Manager – Category (West): June 2017 – Oct 2018
- P&L owner for West Zone: Deliver sales, gross margins and visibility income for categories (FMCG, Staples & Dairy)
- Promoted from Assistant Manager to Deputy Manager in Apr’18
- Planned short- and long-term strategy for the category in consultation with key stakeholders, developed presence of regional and OPP brands on platform for region.
- Led a team of 3 people (1 key account manager and 2 sales executives)
- Helped grow overall category by 2.5x YoY & key accounts by 7x-10x YoY
- Annual turnover of portfolio - 60 crores

B)Sales Manager (Mumbai and Pune): June 2016 – May 2017
- Managed 200+ vendors on marketplace model, promoted from ASM to State Lead in 8 months.
- Headed marketplace for Mumbai and Pune from February 2017
- Highest revenue contributor in West sales team for Q2 & Q3 2017, consistent target achievement

Extra-curriculars:
1)Conducted a guest lecture on Category Management to PGDM students of N.L Dalmia College
2)Vice-Chairperson of Drishti'15, led a team of 20 members and 4 heads (inter-collegiate management festival)

One small issue - in case of Reliance, I was unofficially promoted(changed reporting matrix and increased responsibilities). However, because of covid-19 no appraisals or promotions were done this year. On paper, I've not received any promotion. Is there a way to showcase this in my application?

Would the low GMAT score compared to ISB average cause an issue?

Education background:
10th (ICSE)-88%
12th (KC College / HSC) -85%
Graduation (Narsee Monjee College/ Mumbai University) -GPA 6.76/7 (Approx 76%)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  206   207   208   209   210  ...  307