Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Azim8596

Your profile looks pretty good on the surface. Talking about your academics, it's a little on the lower end of your profile, but you can compensate for it with your GMAT score. The average GMAT score for ISB is 710, so I recommend that your target GMAT score should be 710+ to be on the safer side.

Your professional history is the most striking aspect of your profile. ISB highly values impact, which can be easily seen from your profile. Your role in the CRPF has undoubtedly given you a lot of experience and has had an impact on society and the country. I'm sure you have a lot of stories to dig out from your work experience to bring to the table and make your essays stand out! I can see a visionary leader in you, one who knows how to conquer the obstacles and bring growth to you and your organization! You must bring the most valuable qualities of your journey to serve the nation.

Your ECs are pretty interesting, demonstrate your accomplishments thoroughly and primarily the all-round best commando one, as it reveals your loyalty and sincerity to your work and Nation. Shooting skills would add colour to your profile and bring out a more vibrant personality of yours.

Regarding your 3-year gap, even if you have a justification to do so, you need to elaborate it more specifically so that adcoms don't have any questions about your potential and capabilities.

The pain point, I think, in your profile will be to connect the experiential dots and put the plausible explanation for an MBA at this stage in your career. If you’d like, you can read the story of a military candidate who got into ISB and Schulich after 15 years of military experience. It may help you better relate and you will get some valuable observations.

Overall your profile is good and if you achieve a good GMAT, ISB is a very good option for you! Then, you should consider some top schools abroad as well. If you’d like we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and brainstorm over different schools you can go to. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

Azim8596 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile.

Age 33 years

1) academics:
10th - 79%
12th - 68%

2) Graduation:
B.Tech in ECE with 72%

#gap of 3 years after graduation due to upsc preparation

2) experience 5+yr with 3yr as Executive cadre GRADE A Officer- Assistant Commandant in Special force of CRPF and 2 years in management function at group centre of CRPF.

PERFORMED ROLE of incharge of operations in disturbed areas, and as trainer in training school of CRPF.

3) ACHEIVMENTS:
Head of Quiz club in college,

WINNER OF BEST INNOVATIVE SOLUTION ON POLICE REFORM AT YUVA SANGAM ORGANIZED BY IIT KANPUR FOR UP GOVT,

HEAD OF ABHIVAYAKTI CLUB AT CRPF ACADEMY.

ALL ROUND BEST COMMANDO AND BEST IN SHOOTING SKILLS AT ANTS TRAINING OF SEPCIAL FORCE.

PARTICIPATED IN ESTABLISHMENT OF FORWARD BASES.

Based on this what should be my target GMAT score? and what additionally would I need?

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
voodoKnight wrote:
I am targeting for the ISB

Some quick facts about me

- Completed Btech in CSE from a average institute in India with 74%
- I would be having 60 months of experience with 4 promotions by July 21 in the IT industry
- Represented my Organization's in multiple sporting tournaments
- Led a literature club in College
- No international experience
- Targeting GMAT score of 680 - 720

Hi voodoKnight,

Beginning with your profile evaluation, Academically, while 74% in Btech is pretty decent, I would urge you to target a GMAT score of 700+ in order to target most of the top schools, including ISB.

While your grades do play an important part, the college’s brand for your undergraduate program also matters when targeting schools like ISB, as you will be competing with candidates from top-grade schools all over the world. Thus, given the lack of a big brand concerning your undergrad, you need to draw attention towards the growth opportunities you’ve pursued during your undergrad to showcase a holistic front.

Now, coming to your work experience, you seem to have an extensive amount of work experience under your belt, however, since you lack big brands in your professional career, I would like to stress on the fact that you will be competing against applicants who have hailed from big4 firms. Thus it becomes imperative that you differentiate yourself by boiling down to details. You need to highlight any endeavours that you’ve undertaken and elaborate on the exposure gained through it. Furthermore, you ought to explain and highlight your work’s major projects and how these experiences helped develop and further groom your skills and knowledge. Highlight why you chose a particular project, how you have gone beyond the designated role, any initiatives you took, promotion availed, or any kind of impact created to establish a connection with your goals and portray the knowledge gained from these experiences. Eventually, the skills and experiences under your belt will aid in portraying your profile as no less than a candidate adorning work experiences at Big4 firms.

Further on, I’d like to let you know that Extracurricular participation plays an essential role in strengthening your application as B-schools are on the hunt for all-rounder profiles. You have also represented your organisation in multiple sporting events, which brings to light your undying proactive nature. It showcases your sportsman spirit, confidence, desire to win, and how you are dedicated and willing to go an extra mile to support your team. This endeavour can highlight varied skills such as team-building, stress management and leadership skills.

To build on your extracurriculars, I would suggest you to add a few certification courses to your profile which would showcase your willingness to upskill yourself. In addition to this, you can also direct your efforts towards NGO volunteering roles for social causes as It would shed light on how you have proactively worked for benefitting people around you. All in all, your ability to take up initiatives and create a good impact on others will vouch for the budding leader within you.

Moving on to the school that you are targeting, I’d say that you have a chance of 50% of getting accepted into a dream school like ISB.

Having said that, to increase your chances of getting admitted to this school, you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application consisting of well-drafted Essays, LORs, and a resume to back your profile. As a matter of fact, your application aids in setting you apart from the other applicants and has a 30% impact on your acceptance chances. Thus, you need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers, and how you will be a great value addition to the school.

Besides, I would like to recommend that you hedge your bets wisely whenever you are targeting a master’s program. It is always better to target a good mix of at least 6 to 8 schools. That said, if you wish to get access to a personalized list of schools that satiate your preferences and goals, you can take up our free profile evaluation through which you can gauge the competitiveness of your profile and also get recommendations on how you could improve the same!

Click on your profile’s competitiveness the link below to avail your FREE evaluation:

https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi

Please do my profile evaluation

25, Female

Academics-
10th - 9.8 CGPA
12th - 69% (PCM + Economics)
College- 60 % BA Economics (Hons) from CVS, Delhi University

GRE- 315

Work Experience-
4.2 Years with American Express.

Initially started as a credit analyst analysing risk on the accounts.
Current role- Senior Lead Analyst
In a global virtual team of 60 people who are not based out of India.
Supporting 2 managers, one in India and another in United States.
Current job involves collaborating with various Product Owners globally (All the countries where Amex is functioning) on product data. This involves training them, too.

Achievements:
In 10% performer for about 1.5 Years with Amex
Owning and developing a tool which directly is tied up to 10B USD business to the company

Personal front-
Love travelling (mainly trekking)
Love dancing- Have learnt Salsa, Bachata.

Please review my profile and let me know what I should improve before applying.

MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Expert Reply
aryastark23 wrote:
Hi

Please do my profile evaluation

25, Female

Academics-
10th - 9.8 CGPA
12th - 69% (PCM + Economics)
College- 60 % BA Economics (Hons) from CVS, Delhi University

GRE- 315

Work Experience-
4.2 Years with American Express.

Initially started as a credit analyst analysing risk on the accounts.
Current role- Senior Lead Analyst
In a global virtual team of 60 people who are not based out of India.
Supporting 2 managers, one in India and another in United States.
Current job involves collaborating with various Product Owners globally (All the countries where Amex is functioning) on product data. This involves training them, too.

Achievements:
In 10% performer for about 1.5 Years with Amex
Owning and developing a tool which directly is tied up to 10B USD business to the company

Personal front-
Love travelling (mainly trekking)
Love dancing- Have learnt Salsa, Bachata.

Please review my profile and let me know what I should improve before applying.

Hello aryastark23,

Here's my assessment of your profile,

Acads
The school and undergrad scores are a part of the evaluation criteria. While the 10th scores are great, 12th and graduation seem to be slightly lower. Especially, graduation when BA (hons.) Economics scores are in the ~70% range for top performers.

Work experience
Credit risk is a niche area and does give you an edge. You should focus on your work-ex and the achievements / initiatives in your application. Working in large virtual teams can be challenging despite the forced remote working during the pandemic. You should highlight the initiatives you took to make things seamless for your teams. In addition, the story around owning and developing a tool makes for a good story for the essay 1.

Extra-curricular
You should highlight dancing as the passion and link it to ISB's Footwork Factory (Dance club) to demonstrate your research and inclination towards the school

GRE
This is low for ISB (avg 326/327) and in general, ISB places a decent amount of weightage on the GRE/GMAT scores in its evaluation criteria. Hence, I would suggest you re-take before applying, especially if its R3 this year.

Couldn't get a sense of your post-MBA goals. ISB also has employability as one of the factors they consider in the final selection. Would be great if you can share here or over a discussion.

Other than ISB, you can also target the one-year IIM programs (if plan is to be in India) for 2022 intake as your profile will suit them and they don't pay as much heed to the test scores as ISB.

All the best!

-
Manan
Co-founder, S4G | ISB Class of 2013
Q&A with ISB's Adcom https://youtu.be/bqCeXnW2mjI
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Thank you for the reply. I'll reach out to you post my GMAT attempt.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
I shared my interview experience in the article
https://https://gmatclub.com/chat. ... 1b91052a80

Sharing it to help fellow applicants. Reach out to me if you need any help with the application. Please share the article with folks applying to ISB.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hii
Plz do my profile evaluation
32.5 Male
10th 69%
12th 78%
Graduation in B.sc nautical science 69.3%
Lot of professional course
Worked in two different shipping companies nearly 4 years ( on ship)
Currently having chief officer license
Various leadership role during shipping and present job.
Currently associated with a NGO and teaching in a UPSC Coaching..agripreneur
Extra curricular- part of two different committees
Teaching underprivileged children
Target college is Isb
Will be taking gmat in mid may..
Plz advise ideal score and other suggestions are welcome

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
rads93 wrote:
Hi,

I am a prospective student looking to apply in R3 for the PGP 2021-2022. Request someone to evaluate my profile given below:

BACKGROUND: 27 years, Female

GMAT SCORE: 660 [Quant:44, Verbal:37]

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
PG Diploma in Marketing Management (Welingkar Institute, Mumbai): A+ Grade [highest grade]
Bachelor's of Management Studies (H.R. College, University of Mumbai): CGPA 6.91/7.00 [top 5%]
XII - 85.33% (H.R. College, Mumbai - HSC)
X - 89.86% (Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai - ICSE)

WORK EXPERIENCE: 6+ YEARS
Tata Consumer Products Limited
[FMCG; Executive-Sales; 4+ years]
- Led multiple on ground projects ranging from digital transformation rollout to distribution innovation projects focused on increased placement of Tata Tea brands across Western India
- Participated in multiple international conferences
Teach For India
[Education-Non profit; Fellow; 2 years]
- Taught literacy and fostered community development in an underprivileged school in Dharavi, Mumbai

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Shadowbox Charitable Trust and Pragati Holistic Development Trust [COVID-19 Relief Efforts]
- Raised funds INR 2.5+ lacs to provide grains, sanitary essentials and daily necessities to over 250 families in under-resourced communities of Dharavi, Govandi-Mankhurd and Sion
Safecity: Red Dot Foundation
- Pioneered “Be Your Own Superhero” campaign to raise awareness on sexual harassment [showcased at Yale University]
Antarang Foundation
- Awarded ‘Best Mentor’ title for consistent and collaborative effort in student mentoring

POST MBA GOALS: Strategy/Marketing roles in FMCG

Hey rads93,

Commencing your profile evaluation, I must say that graduating with a GPA of 6.91/7 showcases your strong academic prowess.

Besides that, one thing that strongly stands in your profile is the socially responsible trait in your personality. Having worked for two trusts and raised funds of up to 2.5 lacs for the needy showcases your drive to foster community development. Your involvement in Antarang Foundation highlights your capability to utilize your skills for the betterment of society and make a positive impact, traits that every b-school is on the lookout for. Dig deep into every aspect and bring out varied skills in your profile. You can also take some courses or certifications related to your field of interest that will showcase how you are constantly willing to upskill yourself.

Moving on to your work experience, having being associated with big brands like Tata certainly plays a part in bolstering your profile, as you’d be facing competition from applicants from big4 companies. Here, in order to differentiate yourself, talk about the multiple ground projects you have worked on, the roles and positions you undertook, the teams you led, and the impacts created. Boiling down to the littlest of details will help sway the adcoms in the direction of favouring your skills and experiences over the other applicants.

Speaking of your GMAT, a score of 660, while competitive, will fall short when targeting elite b-schools like ISB. Thus, I would recommend you to go in for a retake and aim for a score of at least 690+.

Given your school choice, ISB falls under the dream category with 50% chance of you getting admitted. Now, to boost your chances of getting admitted you need to make sure that you have a strong application that complements your profile. An application through its various components such as essays, LORs and SOPs would help you to highlight your strengths and give apt justifications for your weaknesses to smooth over any flaws in your profile. Moreover, the application acts as the window through which the admission committee can peer into your skills, calibre and your personality.

In addition to this, you need to hedge your bets wisely and target a mix of 6-8 schools. Since I am unaware of your location and program requirements, providing school suggestions at the moment will not satiate your cause. Thus, I’d recommend you to take up our FREE PROFILE EVALUATION SERVICE that can give you more insights into the B-schools and the courses that will be compatible with your profile.

The link for our PROFILE EVALUATION SERVICE is given below:

I hope this helped!
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Deepak6584,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Well, your undergrad score and academics during school are low, but you can compensate for it with your GMAT score. The average GMAT score for ISB is 710, so I recommend that your GMAT target score be 710+ in order to have a safer ground.

From your work experience, I can see that you have had many challenging situations where you might have to use your leadership and maturity to get your team overcome them. Highlight them to show your ability to deal with difficult situations and strong decision-making skills. As on the ship, one can imagine the difficulties and challenges that one has faced. You need to showcase this area of your work experience and how you have outperformed challenges and difficulties. You own a Chief Officer Licence, which shows your professional growth.

Your ECs are good as well highlighting your contributions to society.

Overall, you have a good profile but I do not see a distinguishing factor in you. There are many unknowns in your profile related to your post-MBA goals and many important facets of your work experience, so it's important for me to know these to understand your profile better and give you a more real assessment of your chances.

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your story in length and give you an expert perspective on your overall profile. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

Deepak6584 wrote:
Hii
32.5 Male
10th 69%
12th 78%
Target college is Isb

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 60
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
Send PM
Hi,

I am a prospective student looking to reapply for PGP 2022-2023. I have applied for R2 PGP 2021-22 but I have not received an interview call yet.

Request someone to evaluate my profile given below:

BACKGROUND: 36 years, Female (38 years in March '22)

GMAT SCORE: 650 [Quant:46, Verbal:32] - will reattempt to raise score

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
Bachelor of Design (Fashion Design) (National Institute of Fashion Technology NIFT, 66.4%]
XII - 79.4% (Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, CBSE)
X - 83.6% (Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, CBSE)

Total Work Experience: 15+ YEARS (at present)

1) Business owner & founder (9+ years)
- Designer, manufacturer & retail brand owner of luxury kids wear & accessories, no of employees <10, mostly semi skilled
- Managing brand's product, marketing & distribution strategy, operations & employee training
- Figures related top line growth, business expansion, customer retention, reducing operating costs, etc will be mentioned in application

2) Senior Designer in Garment Exports & Sourcing (~6 years) at an India's top fashion sourcing agency
- 2 promotions, manager of 3 designers
- led design development & sourcing of Kids wear & Womens wear businesses from UK's top retailers
- Led several client visits & presentations at UK & India for range planning & market research
- Managed & trained vendors, including top manufacturers in India
- Figures related top line growth, portfolio size, etc will be mentioned in application

3) Interior decorator, 9 months, Part time at a real estate developer of mid-income housing in satellite cities / towns in India

4) Extra curricular/ Others :
- guest lecturer & student mentor at NIFT Delhi (1 year)
- Market Research Study, Nift Delhi (1 year)
- Contest Judge at School competitions
- Guest speaker, TV show
- Craft cluster study in Arunachal Pradesh & Chhattisgarh
- Nift intern at Orient Craft

POST MBA GOALS: (Short Term) Return to Corporate Environment in Category / Product Management roles, (Long Term) Fashion startup with pan india & international reach

I am open to full time MBA courses only, please do suggest any other Business schools as well.

Originally posted by shuchiv on 22 Feb 2021, 08:22.
Last edited by shuchiv on 22 Feb 2021, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello shuchiv,
First of all, be patient and do not lose all hope.
You have a diverse profile, and in case you do not get an interview invite, start from evaluating your written responses to the essays. You will be right in retaking GMAT and get a higher score, as ISB stresses on academic excellence, and you may want to demonstrate you have the academic rigor to sail through the program. For a detailed ding analysis, in case you do not get an invite, feel free to set up time with me.
Good luck!

shuchiv wrote:
Hi,

I am a prospective student looking to reapply for PGP 2022-2023. I have applied for R2 PGP 2021-22 but I have not received an interview call yet.

Request someone to evaluate my profile given below:

BACKGROUND: 36 years, Female (38 years in March '22)

GMAT SCORE: 650 [Quant:46, Verbal:32] - will reattempt to raise score

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
Bachelor of Design (Fashion Design) (National Institute of Fashion Technology NIFT, 66.4%]
XII - 79.4% (Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, CBSE)
X - 83.6% (Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, CBSE)

Total Work Experience: 15+ YEARS (at present)

1) Business owner & founder (9+ years)
- Designer, manufacturer & retail brand owner of luxury kids wear & accessories, no of employees <10, mostly semi skilled
- Managing brand's product, marketing & distribution strategy, operations & employee training
- Figures related top line growth, business expansion, customer retention, reducing operating costs, etc will be mentioned in application

2) Senior Designer in Garment Exports & Sourcing (~6 years) at an India's top fashion sourcing agency
- 2 promotions, manager of 3 designers
- led design development & sourcing of Kids wear & Womens wear businesses from UK's top retailers
- Led several client visits & presentations at UK & India for range planning & market research
- Managed & trained vendors, including top manufacturers in India
- Figures related top line growth, portfolio size, etc will be mentioned in application

3) Interior decorator, 9 months, Part time at a real estate developer of mid-income housing in satellite cities / towns in India

4) Extra curricular/ Others :
- guest lecturer & student mentor at NIFT Delhi (1 year)
- Market Research Study, Nift Delhi (1 year)
- Contest Judge at School competitions
- guest speaker, TV show
- craft cluster study in Arunachal Pradesh & Chattisgarh
- Nift intern at Orient Craft

POST MBA GOALS: Return to Corporate Environment in Category / Product Management roles

I am open to full time MBA courses only, please do suggest any other Business schools as well.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
RookieDaCookie wrote:
Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB's one year PGP :

GMAT Score: 630 [Quant:47 , Verbal:27, I.R.:8] (Planning to take the GMAT again)

Educational Qualifications:
Graduation: Bachelor's in Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra with a CGPA of 8.5 (2018)
Class XII: Scored 95.6% (CBSE, 2014)
Class X: Scored 95% (CGPA: 10, CBSE 2012)

Work Experience (~3 years):
Working as a Consultant (Insurance analytics) for clients in the Australian geography (2018 - present) with a month's experience in Australia and received rewards and recognition for the same

Extra Curriculars:
UnderGrad -

-Scholarship recipient from Scholarship America for 4 years (2014-2018)
-Captain of the basketball team and secured several medals in tournaments in reputed institutes like IIT-BHU, Thapar University, etc.
-Active participant in debates and quizzes (won some too) and a part of the organizing committee for literary events in fests

School -
-Received an award for for consistent and exemplary academic performance for 6 years
-Participated and won in several debates, declamation competitions, science and tech competitions

Hi RookieDaCookie,

To begin with, I would say that your undergraduate GPA which is crowned with scholarships and academic awards brings to light your strong academic prowess, thus making your profile
pretty desirable for b-schools. Furthermore, the fact that you have graduated from one of the top Indian colleges - NIT, adds an extra dimension to your profile as b-schools pick students from top schools.
As far as the GMAT goes, a score of 630 is on the lower end concerning the school you are targeting. However, since you’re inclined towards ISB, whose GMAT cutoff is in the range of 680+, a retake is what I would highly recommend.

As far as your work experience goes, you have 3+ years of work experience including international exposure which will work as a differentiating factor to your profile as your profile will stand out from the average indian crowd.

On the other hand, your profile lacks big brands, which may be a drawback considering the fact that you will compete with applicants who have hailed from Big4 brands. In order to stand at par with your competitors, focus on highlighting the projects worked on, impacts created, initiatives spearheaded and how you have gone above and beyond in your job role. Since an MBA is a manager's degree and requires significant work experience, more emphasis should be laid on the quality of experience you have. MBA specialisations require students to showcase their leadership skills and initiative-taking capabilities, so focus on magnifying the same.

Furthermore, your extracurriculars during both school and college years will work in your favour as it showcases your proactive attitude. In addition to this, I would recommend you to shed light on your recent endeavours such as any CSR activities you have pursued or any certification courses which you have taken up. These would contribute towards grooming your extracurriculars and showcase your ability to empathize with those around you and your drive to constantly upskill yourself.

B-schools are looking for applicants that are future leaders and such experiences and qualities most certainly vouch for your abilities and strengthen your application.

Now coming to your target school, ISB falls in the dream category, so your chances of acceptance stand at around 50%. To further improve your chances, you would need to ensure that you have a robust application (consisting of - Essays, LORs, and Resume) to back your profile. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers, and how you are a great addition to the school. A well-written and strong application increases your chances of acceptance by up to 30%!

Besides, I would also recommend you hedge your bets wisely and target a good mix of 4-6 schools. Having said that, to gain insights into the schools you can be targeted as per your profile and goals, you can take up a FREE profile evaluation using the link given below.

Click on the link below to avail your free evaluation:

Hope this helped!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Karthik740 wrote:
Hi, kindly review my profile -:

10th - 84%
12th - 94%
UG Bcom (H) - 71% - Delhi University
Professional Degree - Chartered Accountant
GMAT - 680 (Probably may give another attempt)
Extra Curriculars - 1) Led sports teams across schools/colleges/offices - Sport - Cricket and Badminton
2) Participated in Gaming competitions (format - Playstation 3/4)
3) Secretary for multiple societies in college
Work Experience - Worked at the three of the Big 4 accounting firms as an auditor
Goal - Management Consulting in the Big 4's

Hey Karthik740,

To begin with, your academic background showcases a series of good scores starting right from your schooling to your undergraduate. It showcases your academic prowess and should allow you to target most of the business schools. Moreover, your undergraduate college being DU, gives your profile a boost as schools tend to pick out applicants from the top schools of each country. Furthermore, as you have pursued Chartered Accountancy, makes your profile unique, and given the fact that you have constantly worked in various accounting roles further, showcases that you have focused all your endeavours towards the same field.

Coming on to your GMAT, 680 being the average score for ISB, a score of 700+ is what you should be targeting. That said, a retake is what I would highly recommend.

Your extracurriculars show that you have been very consistent in your contribution to sports throughout your life, which goes on to highlight several traits like persistence, dedication, and hard work in your personality. Apart from that, other extracurriculars under your belt such as being a secretary to multiple societies during your college years goes on to highlight how you are capable of being an impactful leader.

As it has been quite some while since you graduated, you need to showcase recent endeavours you have undertaken to boost your extracurriculars. You can take a few certifications or courses to showcase that you are on the path of continually upskilling yourself. Additionally, take a few NGO volunteering work to highlight the socially emphatic trait of your personality. These would further showcase your ability to take up initiatives, impact others, and empathise with other people. B-schools are looking for applicants that are future leaders, and such experiences and qualities would strengthen your application.

Coming on to your work experience, you have not mentioned the extent of your work, but since you are planning to get into a PGP program at ISB, you will most certainly require at least 2 years of work experience. There, you ought to explain and highlight your work’s major projects and how you have gone beyond the role, any initiatives you took, and any kind of impact created to showcase an equally competitive profile.

Judging from the details you have provided, your role in 3 of the big 4 companies is an added feather to your hat as you will be competing against a pool of applicants hailing from similar backgrounds. Here, showcasing your journey and the learnings gathered through this experience would allow you to differentiate yourself and thereby gain an upper hand with equally competent profiles with extensive work experience hailing from equally good brands.Thus, dig deep into your profile and bring out varied skills like leadership and teamwork to differentiate yourself from the cohort.

As for your chance of acceptance in ISB, which falls under the dream category, you stand at around 50%. Thus, you will need to back your profile with a very strong application that consists of your Essays, LORs, and Resume, as it has about a 30% impact on boosting your chances of bagging an admit in any of the top B-schools.

Moreover, in order to hedge your bets wisely, it is always better to target a mix of at least 6 to 8 schools. Having said that, if you want to boost your chance of acceptance, you can apply for our FREE Profile Evaluation that will give you more accurate and personalized suggestions based on your inputs.

Click on the link below to avail your free evaluation:

Hope this helped!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Deepak6584 wrote:
Hii
32.5 Male
10th 69%
12th 78%
Target college is Isb

Hey Deepak6584,

You seem to have a pretty interesting profile!

Before I come on to suggesting the GMAT score that you can be targeting for ISB, I will begin with a brief profile evaluation. Commencing your evaluation with academics, I would say pursuing B.Sc nautical science is one of the major strong suits in your profile as it differentiates you from the applicant pool and schools look to breed diversity to their cohort. Moving on to your GPA, it is slightly on the lower end but considering you are applying for an MBA program, it won’t be much of a deal-breaker as the focus of an MBA program is primarily on the quality of the work experience.

Seeing your work experience, I would say you have a unique streak in this as well. Having worked for two different shipping companies for a period of 4 years showcases your international exposure. It also further strengthens your profile by providing you with an opportunity to showcase your broadened horizons and the ability to succeed and adapt to foreign environments. To differentiate yourself from the rest of the candidates, you can talk about the kind of projects you have undertaken, your leadership roles during shipping, the impacts you created, and your career progression along with your major learning takeaways.

Moving on to your extra-curricular activities, your associations with NGOs showcases a socially empathetic bend to your profile. Additionally, you can talk about your roles in the two different committees you were a part of, what these were all about, and what were your undertakings. Simultaneously you can also take up some courses or certifications related to your field of interest as this will show how you are constantly willing to upskill yourself.

Coming to your question, since ISB comes under the dream category, you should aim for a minimum target score of 700. Also, I will recommend you to not only focus on the GMAT since it only has a 20% chance of getting accepted. Besides, it is imperative to craft a strong application to boost your chance of getting admitted. An application through its various components such as essays, LORs, and SOPs would help you to highlight your strengths and give apt justifications for your weaknesses to smooth over any flaws in your profile. Moreover, the application acts as the window through which the admission committee can peer into your skills, caliber, and your personality.

Since the major chances of your admission depend on the quality of your application, you might want to seek professional help to secure your spot in your target school. That said, having helped over 3500+ applicants get into their dream schools, you can thus check out our, All-in-One Solution, to gain insights into how we can assist you in creating an application that could boost your chances of acceptance by a minimum of 3x.

Link to our All-In-One Solution-

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for a detailed reply

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi Guys,

My profile is
10th:87(ICSE)
12th:61(State Board)
1 YEAR gap after 12th
Btech :NIT Durgapur
CGPA:7.92

Work Exp : 4.7 years
Have been working in product based companies and startups as a software engineer
1)Factset Systems(Fintech MNC) : Software Engineer(2 year)
2)Capital Float(Fintech software) : Software Engineer(1 year)
Current role : Pharmeasy(ECommerce company): Senior Software Engineer 1.9 years

I am planning to give GMAT this week for ISB R3.I know it's pretty late but wanted to know if I should give gmat now or apply next year.
Thus wanted to know what is the min GMAT score should I target for getting into ISB?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Hello all

My profile stands as the following:
10th : 10 CGPA(CBSE)
12th : 92.6% (CBSE)
B.Tech in Mechanical engineering : 8.93 CGPA from tier-2 college in India

Work exp of 3.8 years , working in one of the reupted steel industry in India .

Current role: Manager in Maintenance at shopfloor

GMAT : 550(offline) (V25, Q26)

Aspiration : MBA in marketing/sales and startegy.
A kathak dancer,ckassical vocalist, works on personalised artwork as a side business, district level swimmer.
Confused whether I should apply in R3 or should retake the online exam ? Please suggest me.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  211   212   213   214   215  ...  307