Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi ISBeacon

I have done mechanical engineering from Thapar University
I am working in Unilever
Want to do MBA for career growth and carreer switch to consulting

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, I was going through the ISB profile evaluation thread in GmatClub and people are writing that ISB is not good for people with 2.5 year of work exp.

That avg. work exp. at ISB is 5 years and people with 2.5 year W.E have difficulty finding a good job. Though, they get placed but it is difficult for them. Is it true???

globaldesi
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 291
Send PM
ISB profile evaluation request

Academics:

10th –8.8 CGPA CBSE 2013

12th – 70% CBSE (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English, Hindi) - 2015

Bachelor's degree – BA Mass Communication, Guru Jambheshwar University
of Science and Technology 68% (2015-2018)

PG Diploma in Radio & TV Journalism- IIMC, Ministery of Information
and Broadcasting, New Delhi, 61.8% (2018-2019)

Work ex – 2 years in KPO.( CISION+Wipro)

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
iamvishnu wrote:

Academics:

10th –8.8 CGPA CBSE 2013

Hi,

I'd be interested to know why you did not work in media/ mass communications after having a Bachelor's and a diploma in the same.
Also, do share details about your work experience.
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
iamvishnu wrote:

Academics:

10th –8.8 CGPA CBSE 2013

Hello iamvishnu,

Have you taken the GMAT/GRE yet? I would also love to know more about your work experience and extracurriculars.

What are your goals after school? It will be important to connect your different experiences together, and develop a clear story explaining why your experience is enough (i.e., why now is the right time for you for ISB).

Feel free to reach out if you want to discuss your application strategy further:
Scott@personalmbacoach.com

Best,
Personal MBA Coach
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 386
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GPA: 3.03
WE:Marketing (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Hi ,
Academics :
10th standard- 520 - 87%
XII standard- 876 - 87.6%
BTech - Electronics and Communication Stream. Percentage-68%
PGDM in Marketing and Finance . Percentage-3.8% out of 5.
Work experience- 10 years . 2.6 years in Hdfc bank, 7.6 years in PSB Union Bank of India.
Present position- Senior Manager
Role - Regional marketing department Head
Hobbies- Travelling
Goals / objectives after ISB - To work for a consultancy firm which can provide me a sufficient space and freedom to provide solutions to different clients from different sectors. As I have an experience of 10 years in retail credit and also with sufficient knowledge that I would get from ISB, I hope I can bring value addition to the client firms in resolving their operarational, marketing and financial issues.
I am expecting that I would get 650 Gmat score.
I am happy to know the response on my profile .

Own Kudos [?]: 359 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
harish555 wrote:
Hi ,
Academics :
10th standard- 520 - 87%
Work experience- 10 years . 2.6 years in Hdfc bank, 7.6 years in PSB Union Bank of India.
Hobbies- Travelling
Goals / objectives after ISB - To work for a consultancy firm which can provide me a sufficient space and freedom to provide solutions to different clients from different sectors. As I have an experience of 10 years in retail credit and also with sufficient knowledge that I would get from ISB, I hope I can bring value addition to the client firms in resolving their operarational, marketing and financial issues.

Hello harish555,

Thank you for sharing. Looking at your expected GMAT, aiming for the high 600s on your GMAT rather than a 650 should enhance your candidacy for ISB.

You have some solid work experience, and it is great that you have begun thinking about your MBA goals. However, do not underestimate the importance of extracurriculars! You will want these to really reflect what you are passionate about and to fit with the rest of your story. Often, extracurriculars are also a great way to demonstrate leadership outside of the workplace.

Need advice on where to begin or how to build a strong extracurricular profile? Personal MBA Coach can help!

If you are looking for personal one-on-one support through the entire application process, take a look at our services and feel free to reach out to scott@personalmbacoach.com if you are looking to hire a consultant.

Best,
Personal MBA Coach
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi harish555,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Talking about your stats, your undergrad GPA is on the lower side, to compensate for it, you must have a strong GMAT score. The average GMAT score for ISB is 709, so aim to raise yours to 710+ to improve your odds.

You have a strong 10 years of work experience, which is more than the average expected for ISB. You'll need to talk about the roles and responsibilities you've undertaken and the significant impact they've had. This will show you as a high-performing individual. Traveling sounds cool! I'm sure you'll have plenty of stories to share about your hobby. ECs provide adcoms with a better understanding of your overall personality. Make sure you explain how your hobby has affected you and shape your life.

Your post-MBA goals are clear, great. You will need to share your vision and how you will contribute to the community. Overall you have a good profile. I would like to know more about your work experience to find your major USPs. The most important thing about your application is how you link the dots and provide a compelling story to differentiate yourself from the other candidates in the pool. You will need to start early and take a couple of months just to brainstorm. We have an extensive content gathering process where we just spend hours brainstorming to set the story’s theme and narrative. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and gauge your fit for the b-school. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Let’s maximize your chances for US Schools

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

harish555 wrote:
Hi ,
Academics :
10th standard- 520 - 87%
Hobbies- Travelling

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 386
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GPA: 3.03
WE:Marketing (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Hi !
I am very much thankful for your response on my profile . I take your suggestions and try to implement them seriously. Meanwhile, I work on the important points that you have mentioned about the importance of getting higher Gmat score and the vision of my career goal. Looking forward to connect with you .

Director
Director
Send PM
harish555 wrote:

650 will unfortunately not make the cut harish555. Try to push that score up by at least 30 points, for a realistic shot at ISB.
Director
Director
Send PM
Asp112 wrote:
Hi ISBeacon

I have done mechanical engineering from Thapar University
I am working in Unilever
Want to do MBA for career growth and carreer switch to consulting

Great! Very decently reputed undergrad college Asp112 and obviously you're working for a great brand.

Consulting as a career option might look a bit tricky, since we need to delve into more detail in terms of which stream/function do you envisage yourself consulting in.
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Glad to help. All the best!

Cheers!
Shantanu

Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Let’s maximize your chances for US Schools

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

harish555 wrote:
Hi !
I am very much thankful for your response on my profile . I take your suggestions and try to implement them seriously. Meanwhile, I work on the important points that you have mentioned about the importance of getting higher Gmat score and the vision of my career goal. Looking forward to connect with you .

Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
Priyan25 wrote:
I am planning to apply for ISB for the 2022 intake.

I am really worried about my profile thou. A little check on my educational background:

Gender - Female
Age- 24
10th - 95%
12th- 79%
Engineering ( Computer Science) - 65%
Work Ex- 3.4 yrs ( Digital Marketing)

I am an average student academically. But I have been showcasing leadership qualities since my schooling. I was appointed as head girl. I have actively taken part in drama club/ street plays and have won awards for that during my schooling.

In my college and school days I have always coordinated and organised events, fests. I was also part of national entrepreneurship cell for my college where I represented my college in college level workshop giving various ideas for the same and also mentoring students who have great ideas and letting their ideas reach new level and get sponsors.

In work I have always stepped up and taken up responsibilities whenever there is no resource. I also always researched and gone out of my comfort zone and learn things that were not restricted to my roles and responsibilities. I have knowledge across various tools for automation and data visualisation( that my role doesn’t permit) for which I have been awarded in my company as well. Automation, research, and leadership ( i.e stepping in for any work whenever required) are three of my strong assets.

I am also an active member of organisation that mentors girl child where I directly mentor two girls, have chat with them regularly and help them in their education.

I appeared for gmat and scored a 490 in jan 2021. I was quite disheartened. I had prepared for three months thou not properly as I was constantly worried and getting stress and anxiety about my results because of which I panicked during my actual exam.

I am planning to appear for gmat and aiming for a score of 700.

But I am not very confident about that. I am getting tensed constantly whether my profile is even right for isb and whether I should even consider giving gmat.

ISB is my dream college. Thou academically weak I know my extra curricular activities are really strong and I come from a little diverse background.

I am currently following Maghoosh Gmat 3 months schedule for beginner which focuses mainly only maghoosh lessons and official guide questions. I am currently studying from 2021 guide.

I need help. I am not sure what to do. I am not confident. :/
I am really scared about my gmat and what if I don’t get a good score again?

Hi Priyan25,

Thanks for sharing your profile in detail.

First things first, you must focus only the controllable with a positive mindset without fretting about what is not working.

Yes, the low undegrad score is something we can no longer change; however, we can definitely offset it with a spike in the GMAT score; as of now, don't just aim for a 700, aim for as high a score as you can.

Kudos to you for having impressive extra-curricular activities; these, together with a story that ties up the dots, will make for a strong case, if presented in an appropriate manner. However, at this point, with a great deal of time at hand, you must only focus on getting the GMAT out of the way; once that is taken care of, you can deliberate on your career goals and work on finalizing your essays.

Needless to say, you have no reason to be underconfident; just focus on your preparation and with the correct mindset, there is no reason why things should not work out.

All the best! :-)
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
Asp112 wrote:
Hi ,

Please help with profile evaluation

Gmat-700(Q-50,V34,IR-7,AWA-5)
ENGINNERING-9.10/10
12th-89%
10th-93%

Work experinence
Work experinence of 45 months in manufacturing in fmcg.
Have handeled roles of quality , manufacturing and efficency improvement.

Projects
1. Automation for quality checks of online coding
2. Plaanning and commisioning of system for new process.
3. Automation of online loss capturing systems for line efficency improvement.

Extracurriculars

1. Involved with society in college for teacing unprivilidged children
2. Participated in college fests.

Hello Asp112,

Thanks for sharing the details.

While your GPA is good, the GMAT score is about 10 points under the average at ISB; while it is not a concern as such, there is no harm in retaking the GMAT, considering you have time at hand; besides, your quantitative abilities appear to be strong and 51 on the quant + even a slight improvement in your verbal can actually help you do this.

Beyond the above, a lot depends on how you present your work and achievements in your essays; remember, the short-term and long-term goals should not only be in sync with each other but also with your experience. A consolidating story, focusing on the impact you have generated and portrayed through well-written essays is what you need more than anything else at this point.

We would like to take this opportunity to offer you a complimentary profile evaluation session; in case you wish to go ahead with the same, please do let us know.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Schools: ISB'22
Send PM
Hi All,

I am a lawyer by profession and presently studying for GMAT and thinking of giving it in July so that I can apply this year for the PGP Program

Profile evaluation -

Age - 25 years

10th (CBSE) - 7.8 CGPA
12th (CBSE) - 79.6%
BSL-LLB (University of Pune) - 60% (First Class)

Work Experience -

32 months (2.5 years +) of experience in Litigation and Infrastructural Arbitration (Having experience in Civil and Criminal matters in District Courts, Delhi, High Court and the Supreme Court of India). Presently working with a Senior Advocate in MP High Court and (IF) I get to join ISB next year, I'll be having 4 years of experience.
Along with this I have 10 months of Internship experience during Law school in NGO (International AIESEC Internship. Corporate Firms, IPR, Arbitration Centre, Sports Law in a Sports Management Company)

Extra Curricular -

Post Graduate in Table (Visharad - 7 year Course)
School level and College Level Football ( Captained the College Team)
Member of the School Symphony as the lead percussionist and various performances during College days

I know that I have poor academics and that will definitely affect my admission chances. Nevertheless, focusing on GMAT and aiming to get a good score.(Something that is in my control).
Also, if you can suggest me a target GMAT score keeping my profile in mind, I'll be grateful.

Hoping for an honest evaluation of my profile and any tips on how I can improve my chances by doing anything extra in the time I have.

Hope everyone is safe.

Thanks
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Send PM