Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Schools: ISB '23 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi
My profile : age-32 yrs,male
Education : B.Tech from a top private college with cgpa 8.5/10
10th -92% with distinction certificate from cbse for scoring 100% in maths
12th -84%
Maths Olympiad (conducted by National board of higher mathematics,department of atomic energy) ranker
Work ex- total 9.5 yrs
Last 8.5 yrs at a steel industry psu RINL
Nature of work- shift in charge, project commissioning, contract management, training of new employees
Gmat score : 700 q49 v36 IR 4 AWA 4
Chances at ISB?
Pls enlighten me.

Posted from my mobile device
Kelley School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47 (Online)
Send PM
Hi Experts,
Please evaluate my profile and suggest improvements if any.

Demographics: Indian, Female, 23

Education:
Undergraduate GPA - 6.87/10 ( Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering) from Tier-2 University
12th - 97.4%
10th - 9.8/10 CGPA
GMAT: 760 (Q49/V47)

Work experience: Total of 17 months as of now
1) Systems Engineer at an MNC (10 months)
2) Project Manager at a Startup (7 months)

I started as a Systems Engineer at an MNC. The work was monotonous.
So, I started looking for a role where I can have a hands-on pre-MBA-related experience.

I had three months of a gap during the shift. During which I collaborated with the local weavers and started an online platform to sell handmade clothing materials made by them.

Later on, I joined a Startup that works on Computer Vision Technology, where I was the first employee to start working with the founders. Being here, I got a chance to take part in every activity and decision-making. For instance, hiring the team, building customized projects for potential clients, marketing, and managing the team members. Now we're a team of 21 members, and my role includes Project Management and Team Building.

Extracurricular activities:
1) Team Lead for a club named Corporate-Relations for college Tech-fest, where we organized specific events every year.
2) Member of National Social Service at College.
3) Member of Maths Club at College
4) Participated in Start-up weekend, organized by Entrepreneurship Development Cell at college.
5) Working with a team named "Helping Hands", based out of my home town to provide covid related assistance to the needy people in our surroundings.
6) Initiated an online platform to sell handmade clothing materials, made by the local weavers around my hometown.
7) Initiated a Covid-Helpline to assist the patients and connect them directly with donors/ medical suppliers.

Post-MBA goals: Looking to work in Marketing and Business Development related roles.

Is my profile good enough for ISB?
Please suggest how else I can work on to improve my profile.

Originally posted by Raven78 on 30 Jul 2021, 00:21.
Last edited by Raven78 on 18 Aug 2021, 12:12, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Schools: ISB'22
Send PM
Hi ISBeacon MBAkarma MBAandBeyond CrackVerbalShree ,
Kindly review my profile.

10th grade: 94.18%, school topper
12th grade: 87.33%, won a national scholarship for securing Top 1%ile rank in higher secondary exam

Undergrad: Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, Mumbai University, 7.76/10 CGPA (First Class with Distinction), led design & then operations for college's FSAE team (student formula race-car construction & competition).

Extra-curricular: worked as Project Manager with AIESEC (ISB non-profit partner) in 2016 to improve vocabulary & social skills of 700+ underprivileged children. Then headed the Business Development department of 16+ for the local chapter in 2017 to raise record funds through events & partnerships. Created a board of advisors with prominent national business leaders. We won local & national awards for overall performance. We adopted a village & raised funds for the primary & secondary school education of 17 underprivileged children. I became a city-based TEDx licensee & lead a team of 12+ for planning & executing a local TEDx event at 97% profitability & 9/10 NPS with 0 detractors.

Work ex: Assistant channel marketing manager at Godrej & Boyce. Responsible for retail sales & profit growth (both in double-digit CAGR since last 4 years) as well as channel mgmt in the non-urban domestic market (annual turnover Rs 145 Crs). Manages business development, primary & secondary network development & sales force effectiveness in focussed semi-urban & rural Indian towns. Handles MIS & sales reporting at all levels of stakeholders (from channel partners to the CEO) as well as fin mgmt & accountability of B2C trade budget. Handles systems development, process automation & sales forecasting for B2C dept. Trains, reviews & develops sales team members. Granted the best performance rating for the last 2 years.

Exp GMAT - 710-720, looking to do CFA Levels 1 & 2 within a year.

Future goals: VC in consumer tech, fintech.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
crazyphoton7289 wrote:
Hi
12th -84%
Maths Olympiad (conducted by National board of higher mathematics,department of atomic energy) ranker
Work ex- total 9.5 yrs
Nature of work- shift in charge, project commissioning, contract management, training of new employees
Chances at ISB?
Pls enlighten me.

Overall, very decent and distinct profile crazyphoton7289. You've not mentioned anything about your "goals". Make sure that the goals draw on your rich experience of almost a decade.

p.s. With your experience hope you are also applying to IIM executive programs.
--
Regards,
Ashish.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Kudos
Raven78 wrote:
Hi Experts,

Education:
Undergraduate GPA - 6.87/10 ( Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering) from Tier-2 University
12th - 97.4%
10th - 9.8/10 CGPA

So, I started looking for a role where I can have a hands-on pre-MBA-related experience.

I had three months of a gap during the shift. During which I collaborated with the local weavers and started an online platform to sell handmade clothing materials made by them.

Later on, I joined a Startup that works on Computer Vision Technology, where I was the first employee to start working with the founders. Being here, I got a chance to take part in every activity and decision-making. For instance, hiring the team, building customized projects for potential clients, marketing, and managing the team members. Now we're a team of 21 members, and my role includes Project Management and Team Building.

1) Team Lead for a club named Corporate-Relations for college Tech-fest, where we organized specific events every year.
4) Participated in Start-up weekend, organized by Entrepreneurship Development Cell at college.
5) Working with a team named "Helping Hands", based out of my home town to provide covid related assistance to the needy people in our surroundings.
6) Initiated an online platform to sell handmade clothing materials, made by the local weavers around my hometown.
7) Initiated a Covid-Helpline to assist the patients and connect them directly with donors/ medical suppliers.

Post-MBA goals: Looking to work in Marketing and Business Development related roles.

V47! Holy cow!

Assuming you are applying to EEO Raven78. Overall very decent. Your undergrad academic performance is not great, but your GMAT makes a statement, to compensate that!

Make sure your essay do justice to your rich profile.
--
Regards,
Ashish.
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello crazyphoton7289

Let us start with what works in your favor- PSU experience (makes you diverse), Decent past academic record (that indicates you should be targeting a higher score, will significantly improve your chances, but that is not the be all end all).
Moving on to the missing info- no mention of Career progression and achievements at work, Extracurricular activities, or career goals (this is the most important piece of admissions puzzle).
As seen from the info presented, definite potential, but the blanks need to be filled (or presented in essays) well.

You may want to read here on what factors work in a profile and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+918452954888 (https://gmatclub.com/chat)
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

crazyphoton7289 wrote:
Hi
12th -84%
Work ex- total 9.5 yrs
Chances at ISB?
Pls enlighten me.

VP
VP
Send PM
Hello mandeep2295

Profile looks good, work ex, extracurricular will really help you stand out.
Past scores and GMAT (make 710+ a reality) will help complete the package.
Are you planning to apply this year (looking at your CFA and GMAT timelines, not clear on this).
Only questionable things is how are you planning to transition from current role/experience to a VC role. If you can present that convincingly, you have decent shot.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

mandeep2295 wrote:

12th grade: 87.33%, won a national scholarship for securing Top 1%ile rank in higher secondary exam

Undergrad: Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, Mumbai University, 7.76/10 CGPA (First Class with Distinction), led design & then operations for college's FSAE team (student formula race-car construction & competition).

Extra-curricular: worked as Project Manager with AIESEC (ISB non-profit partner) in 2016 to improve vocabulary & social skills of 700+ underprivileged children. Then headed the Business Development department of 16+ for the local chapter in 2017 to raise record funds through events & partnerships. Created a board of advisors with prominent national business leaders. We won local & national awards for overall performance. We adopted a village & raised funds for the primary & secondary school education of 17 underprivileged children. I became a city-based TEDx licensee & lead a team of 12+ for planning & executing a local TEDx event at 97% profitability & 9/10 NPS with 0 detractors.

Work ex: Assistant channel marketing manager at Godrej & Boyce. Responsible for retail sales & profit growth (both in double-digit CAGR since last 4 years) as well as channel mgmt in the non-urban domestic market (annual turnover Rs 145 Crs). Manages business development, primary & secondary network development & sales force effectiveness in focussed semi-urban & rural Indian towns. Handles MIS & sales reporting at all levels of stakeholders (from channel partners to the CEO) as well as fin mgmt & accountability of B2C trade budget. Handles systems development, process automation & sales forecasting for B2C dept. Trains, reviews & develops sales team members. Granted the best performance rating for the last 2 years.

VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Raven78

All aspects check the boxes.
As an early stage applicant, one thing you should focus on is showcasing conscious thought behind each career decision (for instance, if you wanted to gain relevant pre-MBA experience, why do you want to apply 10 months into a new challenge and not a few years later having gained more experience).

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

Raven78 wrote:
Hi Experts,

Education:
12th - 97.4%
10th - 9.8/10 CGPA

MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi mandeep2295,

Thank you for sharing your profile. To begin with the stats, your undergrad GPA is good, and if you can achieve 720 in the GMAT, your prospects will be enhanced. CFA certifications will help improve your profile significantly. On the work front, your work experience demonstrates leadership and impact. You have some well-known names in your cv, which is definitely a benefit, and it should suggest that you have worked on large projects that should be presented. You will need to present instances when you were in a leadership role; this will bring leadership attributes to your profile. Your ECs are amazing and one-of-a-kind. Adopting a village, in particular, will spark an intriguing conversation between you and the adcoms. You ECs should add diversity to your profile since ISB values diversity in individual profiles. Overall you have a good profile. Make sure you link the dots between your prior work experience and post-mba goals and how ISB will help you achieve your goals. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you to discuss your profile in length and further chances to ISB. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Community Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

mandeep2295 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello All,

Can someone please evaluate my profile as well :-

GMAT Score : 760
Btech from KIIT University
Btech in Computer Science with CGPA : 8.42
12th : 68% (Odisha CHSE board)
10th : 77% (ICSE)

Work Ex : 3 years in Novartis Healthcare Private Limited
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
nanoname wrote:
Hey could you please review my profile?

26 M - Indian

Work Ex & Education:
    SDE2 - [FAANG] - 4+ years work experience
    B.Tech - Computer Science [Tier 2 college] - 9.2 CGPA
    12th Standard - 94%
    10th Standard - 10 CGPA

Extra Curriculars:
    8+ hackathons won within [FAANG] company
    Built a digital product, advertised & marketed it - Generated 1500$ Monthly Recurring Revenue - Solo
    Generated an organic following of 18K+ speaking about mental health & psychology - Solo
    President in college club organizing various events, hosting learning sessions, leading a team of 300+ members
    Earned royalty by selling digital assets to companies [some well known] in college [helped me pay for 50-60% of my college expenses]
    Have a few other experiences [Not sure what should be explicitly highlighted]

GMAT Target Score: 720+ [Giving in late July/early August]

I'd love to get some feedback on my profile.
Honestly, I am a little nervous about the GMAT and my target score, would it be possible to get in even if i score in the range of 680-710?

Hey nanoname!

To begin with, I would like to mention that you have a pretty well groomed profile here. Academically, you have consistently achieved excellent marks throughout your school life. That said, a strong CGPA score of 9.2 during your undergraduate studies showcases your academic prowess that will work in your favour while applying for this program.

Coming to your professional experience, you have 4 years of work experience which sets you comfortable to target the ISB MBA program. Moreover, even during your work experience, you have been proactive in extracurricular activities. Your individual achievements such as winning multiple hackathons and developing a digital product demonstrate entrepreneurial characteristics of your personality. This could work in your favour as top business schools are actively looking for individuals with a diverse range of abilities. Here, you have an ample amount of work experience and have associated yourself with reputable brands, primarily in the tech industry, that said you should be cognizant of the fact that you will be competing with applicants with similar backgrounds, hailing from other big brands. Thus it becomes imperative that you boil down your story focusing on major projects worked on, how you went above and beyond, any initiatives you took, and impacts created to showcase an equally competitive profile and even stand out from the crowd.

As for your extracurricular activities, you have quite a few quantifiable impacts on your profile. In addition to this, to showcase a holistic developed profile, you can take on volunteering work by joining an NGO for social causes, which can be impressive value additions highlighting the socially empathetic aspect of your personality. Additionally, you can also take on certification courses to demonstrate that you are consistently upskilling yourself and further groom your profile.

As for the GMAT score, 720 is ideally what you should be targeting, while keeping in mind - the higher the better!

Based on the information that you have provided, as for the school that you are targeting, ISB definitely falls under the dream category with a 40 - 50% chance of getting admitted to this school.

All things considered, in order to increase your chances of getting admitted to this school, you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application that highlights your strengths and overshadows your weaknesses. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers, and how you are a great value addition to the school.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has helped 5000+ applicants get into their dream schools. You would also be entitled to end-to-end consulting combined with unlimited edits on your application documents. Not only this, you’d be consulted by a B-school alumnus who’d be helping you directly with your application process, right from finalising the right schools and submitting an impactful application to the school to preparing you for the interview and bagging scholarships!

Link to our All-In-One Solution-

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos