Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 01:28 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools: ISB '23 (S)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q165 V161
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: ISB '23 (S)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi- I’d really appreciate some help evaluating my profile for ISB

GMAT: 680 (Q47, V36)
Exp: 5.5 years (by March 2022) in marketing in health tech and FinTech sector.
Undergrad: 7.7 cgpa (80%)
12th: 91.8%
10th: 91.2%

I have a good experience in marketing and team-leading and I’m at a mid-senior level position in my organization currently. My reason to do an MBA is to enhance my understanding of business and learn how to develop effective marketing manoeuvres for growth-stage companies.

I also have a diploma in instrumental music and associated with an NGO for 4 years now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Schools: ISB '23
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V31
Send PM
Kudos
Please review my profile

GMAT: 670 (Q49, V31)

Work Ex: Currently Senior Business Analyst at Zomato (Promoted from Assistant Manager in 1.5 years, leading a team of 5)
Outside the defined role: Have tutored junior folks on data analytics

UG: Bachelor of Technology from Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (GPA 6.2/10)
Co Circulars: Head of Events of the Technical Festival, Chief Organizer, Technothlon (national competition with 50k participation)

School: 93% in 12th, 9.4 in 10th (CBSE)
Co Circulars: Chess player

Is ISB Possible?
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello Tusharjoshi573

Work experience seems to be your stand out strength. Your application will need to be build around your career progress, achievements and impact at work.
Past acads are average and the GMAT score doesn't help stand out either. Not a deal breaker in your case, but will need to be compensated.
While your work profile gives you some diversity, extracurricular look dated and may not be able to add much weight (unless there is a stellar and relevant story to tell here).
Lastly, what are your career goals- clarity of thought behind this a key decision maker for the school.

Varun Sharma
+918452954888 (https://gmatclub.com/chat)
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

Tusharjoshi573 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile for ISB

I am working as Resource and MIS manager for one Business Unit of L&T Construction. My responsibilities include deployment and management of workforce of 490 staff and all machines available in 16 projects, along with MIS for complete business unit of 13,500 Cr. I have 4 years of experience in total (last 3 years in same position and first year as planning engineer of Delhi Metro project). I do not have any international experience but i have 3 international projects under me.
Academics - 7.34 GPA in Civil Engineering from NIT Hamirpur(Himachal Pradesh), 93.4% in 12th and 10.0 CGPA in 10th standard
GMAT score - 680 (Q48, V35, IR5, AWA4)

Extra curricular- I was heavily involved in all committees in my college and held many postions in college committees ( College fest Joint secretary, placement representative, Civil Society Joint secretary).Few awards in some competitions (debates and technical competitions). Also i participated in various olympiads during school time.

Hobbies - i like watching hollywood movies and english series. (I am guzzler of movies and series)

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tusharjoshi573 wrote:
Thanks a lot for your input sir
Can you please elaborate on this line "Consulting is a logical transition and you can focus on joining the real estate/infra practice owing to your previous experience". Mainly What you mean by joining real estate/infa practice??

Posted from my mobile device

Each consulting firm has different divisions/practices based on either industry or function. Real estat/infra is one of them. For instance
https://www.bain.com/industry-expertise ... -products/
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello nikpabc

Your profile is quite balance, great acads, above avg GRE, international experience, diverse industry- all will help you stand out.
Only thing I'd recommend you to be careful about is the career goals. Make sure you have done your research and are 100% sure you want to and will be able to make this transition.
Other than that, strong credentials, all the best.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

nikpabc wrote:
Hi,

GRE 326 - Q/V 165/161

Applying for Round 2. Please evaluate my profile. Information presented in chronological order

10th - 91%

12th - 96.5%

Undergrad - JIIT - Biotechnology - 6.3/10 ~ 70%
Extra Curricular: Co-founded a environmental awareness student org.

Infosys - Senior Systems Engineer 3 yrs
Awards: GEM Young Achiever

Masters - USA - Environmental Engineering - 3.686

Construction/Engineering Firm (Florida) - Environmental Engineer - 4 yrs
Design and construct water treatment plants. Water treatability studies. Clients - Public Utilities, Semiconductor chip manufacturing firms, Pharmaceutical firms. Locations -Florida, California, Indonesia, Oregon, Tennessee
Recognition
On the Spot Bonus award - 2 times
Extra-Curriculars
Girls Leadership Institute - Represented company and conducted hands-on-project session with high school students
Girls who Code - Guest Speaker - took 2 classes to introduce logic and reasoning to middle school to high school students
B.E.S.T Summer Academy - Guest Speaker - Introduction to Engineering

Construction/Engineering Firm (California)- Environmental Engineer - 2 yrs
Design and construct water treatment plants. Water treatability studies. Client - Public Utilities. Locations - California, Nevada
Extra-Curriculars
Developed KPIs for a non-profit to manage their sanitation infrastructure at 7 schools (Bathrooms, hygiene supplies) in Honduras

Post MBA goals
For the past 6 years I have been an Engineering Consultant advising Public Utilities and Private Companies to provide safe drinking water and treatable wastewater. My goal is to move to management consulting and help companies and utilities in areas (process optimization, strategy) beyond engineering.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello AkankshaBlahblah

Your past acads show a potential for a higher score. While you can still get in with this score, but 20+ points from here will really make a difference in your specific case.
Nevertheless, work experience and extracurricular show high potential for sure. If done well, this can help compensate.
Career goals look generic, you will need to be more specific here and talk about your short/long-term goals and how ISB will act as a stepping stone to help achieve those goals.

You may want to read here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

AkankshaBlahblah wrote:
Hi- I’d really appreciate some help evaluating my profile for ISB

GMAT: 680 (Q47, V36)
Exp: 5.5 years (by March 2022) in marketing in health tech and FinTech sector.
Undergrad: 7.7 cgpa (80%)
12th: 91.8%
10th: 91.2%

I have a good experience in marketing and team-leading and I’m at a mid-senior level position in my organization currently. My reason to do an MBA is to enhance my understanding of business and learn how to develop effective marketing manoeuvres for growth-stage companies.

I also have a diploma in instrumental music and associated with an NGO for 4 years now.
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello pratyay28

In short, you will need to have a spike in either 1) Work experience 2) Diversity and Extracurricular 3) Stellar level of clarity on career goals, need of an MBA and fit with your current profile- to compensate for the lower GMAT score.
If you can present a spike in all three, even better.
Very little info is present here to comment if a spike exists. Of course, Zomato, IIT brand can help but these are data points and not subjective strengths.

You may want to read here on what factors work in a profile and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

pratyay28 wrote:
Please review my profile

GMAT: 670 (Q49, V31)

Work Ex: Currently Senior Business Analyst at Zomato (Promoted from Assistant Manager in 1.5 years, leading a team of 5)
Outside the defined role: Have tutored junior folks on data analytics

UG: Bachelor of Technology from Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (GPA 6.2/10)
Co Circulars: Head of Events of the Technical Festival, Chief Organizer, Technothlon (national competition with 50k participation)

School: 93% in 12th, 9.4 in 10th (CBSE)
Co Circulars: Chess player

Is ISB Possible?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hi pratyay28,

Hope you are doing well.

Thanks for sharing your profile. I am an ISB alum, C015, and have been assisting applicants in their admission journeys since.

I definitely see a lot of spikes in your profile – fast-tracked growth in one of India’s hottest tech companies, team handling experience, education from a Tier 1 college, and a clear demonstration of passion in the field of Data Analytics.

However, you will need to compensate for your lower-than-average GMAT score and low GPA with a well-articulated application highlighting what you can potentially add to the ISB classroom. In case you have taken up some certifications related to any technical / non-technical field, please add them – those will be a proxy that you can handle the academic rigor of the program.
Organizing fests in college is a common experience across applicants. To differentiate yourself, you will need to bring across stories of how you did things differently than the convenors/organizers from previous years and how this experience influenced your personality and helped you in your professional career as well.
Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or 9701215544 in case you want a detailed discussion or need professional assistance.

Cheers and all the very best!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Hi
Please evaluate my profile:

GMAT: 710 – Q50/V34

Work Experience: 5 years (approx.)
Senior Business Analyst at Accenture
Working as a consultant in the Digital Manufacturing/Industry X practice focusing on industrial digital transformation and delivering digital solutions to solve clients’ most pressing challenges.

Work Achievements:
1. Accenture Innovator Award
2. Accenture Celebrates Excellence (ACE) Award
3. Accenture – Demonstrating Talent Award
4. Accenture – Delivering Outcomes Award

Patents: 1 granted and 1 pending

Education:

Graduation:

1. B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering
2. Percentage: 83.72

3. Achievements:
i. University Gold Medal
ii. Endowment Gold Medal
iii. Best Outgoing Student

4. Extra-curricular:
i. President of a Student Club in final year and organized the dept’s annual tech fest – led a core team of 30 members and raised approx. 10L for the tech fest
ii. Initiative Lead for a program that involved teaching underprivileged children
iii. Winner of 15th University Inter-Collegiate Football Tournament
iv. Captain of the Department’s Football team

12th Standard: Percentage – 93
10th Standard: CGPA – 9.8

Other Notable Achievements:
1. Silver Medalist at 19th Orissa State Karate Championship
2. Black Belt in Karate

Goal:
Gain relevant knowledge and extend my current role into strategy related work that defines the digital transformation journey of clients as well as implement the digital enablers

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,

May I request an evaluation of my profile:

GMAT Score: 660 [Quant:44 , Verbal:36, I.R.:6 , AWA:awaited]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.E in Computer Science from Gujarat Technological University in 2016 with 5.8 CGPA

Work Experience: 4 years
    Sept '16 - Apr '17: fellow for one of the most active seed-stage venture capital firms
    Apr '16 - Aug '17: marketing & employer branding associate for a deep-tech series-B startup
    Aug '16 - Aug '19: chief of staff to the co-founder & CTO at a deep-tech series-B startup
    Sept '19 - Aug '20: Product Manager at a deep-tech series-B startup for multiple product lines (launched a 0-1 product and also managed their analytics product suite
    Aug '20 - present: Analyst at an early-stage venture capital firm

received multiple recognitions and promotions during my stint at the deep-tech startup

Extra-Curricular:
    Volunteered with a national not-for-profit firm that enables entrepreneurs at the grass-roots level for 3 years across 3 cities
    enjoy hiking (i go on atleast 3-4 high altitude treks(13k+ ft) a year and scuba diving(PADI certified)

Target: ISB, applying in R1 this year
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello vsasu29,
You have an overall good profile for ISB (I have assumed you must have had at least one promotion with a current senior title).
What you now need is a crafty presentation of your achievements in the essays both in professional and personal space (do talk about your patents and black belt) to present a story of how you have created impact, which poise you for future success.

vsasu29 wrote:
Hi
Please evaluate my profile:

GMAT: 710 – Q50/V34

Work Experience: 5 years (approx.)
Senior Business Analyst at Accenture
Working as a consultant in the Digital Manufacturing/Industry X practice focusing on industrial digital transformation and delivering digital solutions to solve clients’ most pressing challenges.

Work Achievements:
1. Accenture Innovator Award
2. Accenture Celebrates Excellence (ACE) Award
3. Accenture – Demonstrating Talent Award
4. Accenture – Delivering Outcomes Award

Patents: 1 granted and 1 pending

Education:

Graduation:

1. B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering
2. Percentage: 83.72

3. Achievements:
i. University Gold Medal
ii. Endowment Gold Medal
iii. Best Outgoing Student

4. Extra-curricular:
i. President of a Student Club in final year and organized the dept’s annual tech fest – led a core team of 30 members and raised approx. 10L for the tech fest
ii. Initiative Lead for a program that involved teaching underprivileged children
iii. Winner of 15th University Inter-Collegiate Football Tournament
iv. Captain of the Department’s Football team

12th Standard: Percentage – 93
10th Standard: CGPA – 9.8

Other Notable Achievements:
1. Silver Medalist at 19th Orissa State Karate Championship
2. Black Belt in Karate

Goal:
Gain relevant knowledge and extend my current role into strategy related work that defines the digital transformation journey of clients as well as implement the digital enablers

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM