Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.2
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Haas EWMBA Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Given Kudos: 66
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2022 Intake] Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Hi,
Does all the applicants try to apply for R1? Any disadvantage applying for R2 over R1?
Haas EWMBA Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
Shivathandava wrote:
Hi,
Does all the applicants try to apply for R1? Any disadvantage applying for R2 over R1?

Hi! It really depends on personal preference. AdCom encourages applicants ONLY apply when applicants feel ready, "A strong candidate can still get accepted in R3," that's what Admission Office told me when I asked the exact same question :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Thanks ashielee
Haas EWMBA Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
Just received in the email that EWMBA officially announced the Flex option! Below is the detail:

Quote:
As we approach the 50th anniversary of the Berkeley Haas Evening & Weekend MBA Program, I am pleased to announce some exciting changes to our part-time offerings with the launch of Haas’ first flexible online MBA option.

The new flexible online and on-campus format, or “Flex” for short, is designed for high-achieving professionals who are looking to advance their careers and gain skills, while juggling busy schedules, competing priorities, and hectic commutes. Flex will be one of five cohorts within our top-ranked Evening & Weekend MBA Program, allowing students an unprecedented level of flexibility in their coursework, while earning the same prestigious Berkeley MBA degree.

As we look toward the future of business education, Flex marks an innovative opportunity to adapt to the changing landscape and support ambitious professionals from wherever they live. I believe this is also an unparalleled opportunity to open new doors to higher education and reduce common barriers to access that many of our students experience.

Applications for the Flex option will open on August 17 through the Evening & Weekend MBA Program. We expect to welcome approximately 60 professionals into our online cohort, beginning in July of 2022. Whether you are looking to advance your career now or in the near future, I invite you to explore our new learning formats and discover the many benefits of a part-time MBA.

Marjorie DeGraca
Executive Director of Admissions

Check out the comparisons between Flex and EW options here: https://ewmba.haas.berkeley.edu/academics/flex

I think it's good news for folks who are based out of the Bay Area :) Seems like the tuition is the same. What do you think?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Flex looks interesting. Seems like a logical evolution of EWMBA option, and one I bet we'll see more and more bschools pivot to in order to attract a more diverse base of PT-ers.

New deadlines are posted and application is opening 8/17.... do we know if the essay topics posted are up to date for the 2022 cycle?

ashielee wrote:
Just received in the email that EWMBA officially announced the Flex option! Below is the detail:

Quote:
As we approach the 50th anniversary of the Berkeley Haas Evening & Weekend MBA Program, I am pleased to announce some exciting changes to our part-time offerings with the launch of Haas’ first flexible online MBA option.

The new flexible online and on-campus format, or “Flex” for short, is designed for high-achieving professionals who are looking to advance their careers and gain skills, while juggling busy schedules, competing priorities, and hectic commutes. Flex will be one of five cohorts within our top-ranked Evening & Weekend MBA Program, allowing students an unprecedented level of flexibility in their coursework, while earning the same prestigious Berkeley MBA degree.

As we look toward the future of business education, Flex marks an innovative opportunity to adapt to the changing landscape and support ambitious professionals from wherever they live. I believe this is also an unparalleled opportunity to open new doors to higher education and reduce common barriers to access that many of our students experience.

Applications for the Flex option will open on August 17 through the Evening & Weekend MBA Program. We expect to welcome approximately 60 professionals into our online cohort, beginning in July of 2022. Whether you are looking to advance your career now or in the near future, I invite you to explore our new learning formats and discover the many benefits of a part-time MBA.

Marjorie DeGraca

I think it's good news for folks who are based out of the Bay Area :) Seems like the tuition is the same. What do you think?
Haas EWMBA Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Send PM
I totally agree. I think with covid happened last year and that forced schools to go for virtual/online classes really change the dynamic of traditional education.
As for the essays, I'm not 100% sure but I think the essays questions for 2020 cycle and 2021 cycle were different, so I assume the essay questions will be different for this cycle as well :)

justsayKnope wrote:
Flex looks interesting. Seems like a logical evolution of EWMBA option, and one I bet we'll see more and more bschools pivot to in order to attract a more diverse base of PT-ers.

New deadlines are posted and application is opening 8/17.... do we know if the essay topics posted are up to date for the 2022 cycle?

ashielee wrote:

Quote:

Marjorie DeGraca

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Here's what I'm seeing posted for essay topics on the application page:

Essay 1
A person’s identity is shaped by many different aspects, including family, culture, personal interests, and surrounding environments. Please share a facet of your identity or story that is essential to who you are. (300 word limit)

Essay 2
The definition of successful leadership has evolved over the last decade and will continue to change. What do you need to develop to become a successful leader? (300 word limit)

Do you recall if those are the topics from last year? To your point, if those are the same as last year it seems most likely the page is just outdated.

I'm just trying to figure out whether it makes sense to go ahead and try to get a jump on drafting my essays ahead of the app opening up....

ashielee wrote:
I totally agree. I think with covid happened last year and that forced schools to go for virtual/online classes really change the dynamic of traditional education.
As for the essays, I'm not 100% sure but I think the essays questions for 2020 cycle and 2021 cycle were different, so I assume the essay questions will be different for this cycle as well :)

justsayKnope wrote:

ashielee wrote:

Haas EWMBA Moderator
Send PM
Yep! Those are 2021 cycle essay questions. I'm sure they are still working on it and you should see it when the new deadlines post online!
I think you can start something along with leadership and your short-term/long-term goal (2020 cycle essay question)

justsayKnope wrote:

Essay 1
A person’s identity is shaped by many different aspects, including family, culture, personal interests, and surrounding environments. Please share a facet of your identity or story that is essential to who you are. (300 word limit)

Essay 2
The definition of successful leadership has evolved over the last decade and will continue to change. What do you need to develop to become a successful leader? (300 word limit)

Do you recall if those are the topics from last year? To your point, if those are the same as last year it seems most likely the page is just outdated.

I'm just trying to figure out whether it makes sense to go ahead and try to get a jump on drafting my essays ahead of the app opening up....

ashielee wrote:

justsayKnope wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Sorry I should have been clearer last time... the new application & decision deadlines are posted (I think they were updated on Monday or Tuesday):

R1
Deadline: November 9, 2021
Decision: January 28, 2022

R2
Deadline: January 7, 2022
Decision: March 29, 2022

R3
Deadline: March 8, 2022
Decision: May 17, 2022

ashielee wrote:
Yep! Those are 2021 cycle essay questions. I'm sure they are still working on it and you should see it when the new deadlines post online!
I think you can start something along with leadership and your short-term/long-term goal (2020 cycle essay question)

justsayKnope wrote:

Essay 1

Essay 2

ashielee wrote:

Haas EWMBA Moderator
Send PM
Sweet! Thanks for posting the deadlines! I think it was just updated because when I responded to your last message, the site only had the previous intake deadlines.
Are you applying for R1?

justsayKnope wrote:
Sorry I should have been clearer last time... the new application & decision deadlines are posted (I think they were updated on Monday or Tuesday):

R1

R2

R3
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Absolutely! Yeah I could be wrong about when, but regardless I'm excited they're up now :)

Yes, I hope to apply in R1, but we shall see... I just returned from new parent leave so main thing that could hold me up is lining up recommenders to allow them enough time to not feel rushed.

FYI you were right about the essays... I emailed the admissions team about the prompts and they confirmed the ones listed online are from 2020-2021 and aren't updated for this cycle. They indicated they'll be updated soon.

ashielee wrote:
Sweet! Thanks for posting the deadlines! I think it was just updated because when I responded to your last message, the site only had the previous intake deadlines.
Are you applying for R1?

justsayKnope wrote:

R1

R2

R3
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
2021-2022 Essay topics have been updated:

Essay 1

Essay 2
As a working professional, you have developed unique skills, knowledge or experience in your career. Please summarize your primary area of professional expertise or knowledge. Highlight any aspect(s) that makes you unique or sets you apart from your peers. (150 words)
Haas EWMBA Moderator
Send PM
Sweet! Thanks for sharing! Essay 1 is the same as last cycle and Essay 2 is new and shorter than last year :)

justsayKnope wrote:
2021-2022 Essay topics have been updated:

Essay 1

Essay 2
As a working professional, you have developed unique skills, knowledge or experience in your career. Please summarize your primary area of professional expertise or knowledge. Highlight any aspect(s) that makes you unique or sets you apart from your peers. (150 words)
Haas EWMBA Moderator
Send PM
Aw wow congrats on being a new parent! Some of my friends just enter that phase too, and parenthood is definitely not easy.
That's so awesome you have things planned accordingly! You have ~3 months to prep for your applications which is nice. Are you applying to other schools?

justsayKnope wrote:
Absolutely! Yeah I could be wrong about when, but regardless I'm excited they're up now :)

Yes, I hope to apply in R1, but we shall see... I just returned from new parent leave so main thing that could hold me up is lining up recommenders to allow them enough time to not feel rushed.

FYI you were right about the essays... I emailed the admissions team about the prompts and they confirmed the ones listed online are from 2020-2021 and aren't updated for this cycle. They indicated they'll be updated soon.

ashielee wrote:
Are you applying for R1?

justsayKnope wrote:

R1

R2

R3
Haas EWMBA Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
The Admission events are out now :) Get your questions answered at the online info sessions
https://ewmba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/upcoming-events

Info Session & Student Panel: Evening and Weekend MBA
8/24 5pm-6pm PST
9/22 5pm-6pm PST

Q&A: Chat with Admissions - Part-time MBA programs
9/2 8am-9am PST
9/9 12am-1pm PST

Overview of Career Resources: Part-time MBA programs
9/16 12am-1pm PST
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]