Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 11:40 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 11:40
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]
congrats tieny!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Congrats Tieny! Columbia did the right thing! :)

:beer
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Concentration: 20% From Concentration
Schools:The School that shall not be named
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Congrats!
Hope to get to see you there next year!

Though I have to say after further evaluation, Columbia might not be my top choice now :roll:
Anyways, Congrats once again!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
Congrats! Look forward to seeing you around Uris next Fall!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1687 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Good stuff buddy.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
GMATclubbers,

Sincerely, I am really humbled by the show of support from everyone. I'm just another neurotic, over-anxious, borderline-obsessive (okay, maybe not borderline) aspirant and you all have been so great to me. I thought I was just posting random comments and info yet I've stumbled upon an actual community. This was definitely surprising but I'm really grateful. Seriously, if anyone has random CBS questions, let me know. Either post or message me or anything. Now that the huge weight is off my shoulders I'm definitely going to try to do everything possible to have you all join me. Thanks again and don't worry, I'll stick around the board. :-D

Best, TienyC
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
Congratulations Tieny,

saw your post here and as a result spent the best part of an hour going through your blog!

Your passion for CBS was probably so much, that no way in hell they would have dinged you! Good luck, and kickback and have a really good time for the next 10 months!
VP
VP
loathetheapps, did your interviewer submit his feedback yet?

i'm having a very hard time keeping myself from sending a reminder to my alumna interviewer. i'm definitely calling admissions if she isn't done by Monday!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
solaris1 wrote:
loathetheapps, did your interviewer submit his feedback yet?

i'm having a very hard time keeping myself from sending a reminder to my alumna interviewer. i'm definitely calling admissions if she isn't done by Monday!

No! I did call the admissions office yesterday w/o giving my name and I was told that we should NOt contact the interviewer, and that the admissions office is in "constant contact" with them - that there isn't a certain cutoff point at which the adcom contacts the interviewer to get their feedback. This almost makes me wonder whether they do ask the interviewers to hold off on submitting the feedback for a few days. I don't know the rationale behind that other than that they want to wait to see if any other great candidates come in the pipeline in the meanwhile but seriously this is ridiculous!
The only other thing I was told is that we will get a decision within our 10-week review period :evil:
VP
VP
Ugh, tell me about it. :evil:

I think I am going to resort to bloody marys for breakfast very shortly. I can't concentrate on my other apps at all. Here's to hoping for some good news (heck, *any* news) later today or early next week. And I think what the admissions office means by "decision" in the 10-week timeframe context is simply a ding or an interview invite. And we're past that point.

Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us.

P.S. To all the applicants who are still under review, I apologize for the shameless ranting. I know you must have it even harder. I promise to tone it down a little. :)

loathetheapps wrote:
No! I did call the admissions office yesterday w/o giving my name and I was told that we should NOt contact the interviewer, and that the admissions office is in "constant contact" with them - that there isn't a certain cutoff point at which the adcom contacts the interviewer to get their feedback. This almost makes me wonder whether they do ask the interviewers to hold off on submitting the feedback for a few days. I don't know the rationale behind that other than that they want to wait to see if any other great candidates come in the pipeline in the meanwhile but seriously this is ridiculous!
The only other thing I was told is that we will get a decision within our 10-week review period :evil:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Tieny, congratulations!

Just wanted to say, for the record, that I submitted my ED application on Oct 7th... so I have a loooong and desperate waiting time ahead of me.

So for those freaking out about their interviewer submitting their feeback... I wish I was in your shoes right now.

:D

Peace
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey loathey, solaris,
I am sorry to hear that your interviewers haven't submitted their feedback yet. I don't think the admission office has anything to do with when they can submit their feedback. I had an interview yesterday, and my interviewer submitted his feedback this morning.

I've been happy so far about the fast process of my application review, but I will not be relieved until I hear the final result. I haven't been able to start my next applications seriously either. Many things are happening in my personal life right now, and sometimes I feel a bit frustrated about not being able to plan even for next few months. If you guys are still in New York City, maybe we can have drinks together and rant? :beer

solaris1 wrote:
Ugh, tell me about it. :evil:

I think I am going to resort to bloody marys for breakfast very shortly. I can't concentrate on my other apps at all. Here's to hoping for some good news (heck, *any* news) later today or early next week. And I think what the admissions office means by "decision" in the 10-week timeframe context is simply a ding or an interview invite. And we're past that point.

Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us.

P.S. To all the applicants who are still under review, I apologize for the shameless ranting. I know you must have it even harder. I promise to tone it down a little. :)

loathetheapps wrote:
VP
VP
sng, I am in New York City, yes. But I'm "bridge & tunnel" so I head out to the 'burbs relatively early in the evening.

But if you'd like to meet up around 6-ish one weekday, I'd be down for it. I'm around Times Square.

Be prepared, however. I can rant! :P

And you're lucky you had such a diligent interviewer. Good luck. Hopefully next week's going to be a good one for a lot of us on the thread.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
OMG, I'm around Times Square too. Maybe we work in the same office. lol
6 totally works for me. Next week will be good too. Let's see if we can get more people from this forum.
Now... where did I put that "Gmatclub" sign that I made last time for the CBS info session. :wink:
solaris1 wrote:
sng, I am in New York City, yes. But I'm "bridge & tunnel" so I head out to the 'burbs relatively early in the evening.

But if you'd like to meet up around 6-ish one weekday, I'd be down for it. I'm around Times Square.

Be prepared, however. I can rant! :P

And you're lucky you had such a diligent interviewer. Good luck. Hopefully next week's going to be a good one for a lot of us on the thread.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
okay. solaris - do you think maybe we cld send another email to our interviewer w/o directly reminding them, but just saying something like, thank youagain so much for your time, i had a couple more questions for you that came to mind after we spoke, blah blah - and in this way indirectly remind them to submit our damn reports?
VP
VP
loathetheapps - I am going to wait until it's 1 week (and she has a weekend to work on it) and then I think I will write her a quick e-mail asking if she had received everything from the admissions office to enable her to submit her feedback and perhaps write another line about how CBS's rolling admissions works (my interviewer wasn't THAT familiar with ED) or something like that. Just so she gets a sense of why we're being so anxious!

If your interviewer told you to feel free to reach out to him with further questions, I think your suggestion is a pretty good one and not too intrusive.

loathetheapps wrote:
okay. solaris - do you think maybe we cld send another email to our interviewer w/o directly reminding them, but just saying something like, thank youagain so much for your time, i had a couple more questions for you that came to mind after we spoke, blah blah - and in this way indirectly remind them to submit our damn reports?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Arg. Tomorrow will make it a week for me!!! I will wait till Sunday and then reach out.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32  ...  59