It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 08:07

STARTING SOON:

Live Chat with Cornell Adcoms in Main Chat Room  |  R1 Interview Invites: MIT Sloan Chat  |  UCLA Anderson Chat  |  Duke Fuqua Chat (EA Decisions)

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2008, 10:38
Hi guys,

I also got an interview call from Columbia. I will appreciate if you can help me prepare for my interview.
Given the fact, that this will be my second interview in my life :S :(

Did you guys carry any documents with you for the interviewer? What to mention in the email except for your name and that you want an interview?

Thanks

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2008, 12:20
IM IN!!!!! I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 99 [0], given: 1

Schools: Chicago Booth 2011

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2008, 12:20
loathetheapps wrote:

Nice! congratulations.

Kudos [?]: 99 [0], given: 1

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 20

Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2008, 12:33
loathetheapps wrote:

That's awesome! Great job!

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 20

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

Schools: NYU Stern '11

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2008, 12:36
OMG, loatheapps, congratulations!!! Less than a day after you went complete. Awesome!

P.S. When did you get the e-mail?

loathetheapps wrote:

CompanyMan - just carry ID and maybe a spare copy of your resume. Check out the ClearAdmit and Accepted.com interview databases for possible questions. That's all -good luck.

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 232 [0], given: 8

Schools: Oxford'10

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2008, 12:40
loathetheapps wrote:

:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo
:punk :punk :punk :punk

rock on man!.

so happy for you ED guys, we still have at least 2 months to ride it out.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2008, 12:47
solaris1 wrote:
OMG, loatheapps, congratulations!!! Less than a day after you went complete. Awesome!

P.S. When did you get the e-mail?

loathetheapps wrote:

CompanyMan - just carry ID and maybe a spare copy of your resume. Check out the ClearAdmit and Accepted.com interview databases for possible questions. That's all -good luck.

Congrats loathey!!!
Great Job.

I can't help wonder why some ppl get their decision right away and some have to wait for a month. Is this based on the applicant pool one belongs to ? Any thoughts welcome.

CEO
CEO

Kudos [?]: 666 [0], given: 210

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2008, 16:23
WOW well done!! Columbia has shown a LOT of love for gmatclub this year. djhouse you'll have a field day initiating fellow clubbers. Maybe prepare for a skull and bones style initiation ceremony ...

Kudos [?]: 666 [0], given: 210

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2008, 16:29
Thank you everyone!!! Solaris - yeah I know it's nuts literally less than 24 hrs later, huh? I got the email at 3:10 pm =) I wonder if it is also cause it took forever to get my interviewer feedback, and that was just the final piece they were waiting for.

Now - does anyone know anything about this background check they do? Like what kind of documents and stuff they look at?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 10

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2008, 16:58
loathetheapps wrote:

Congrats!!!!

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 10

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2008, 19:40
loathetheapps wrote:
Thank you everyone!!! Solaris - yeah I know it's nuts literally less than 24 hrs later, huh? I got the email at 3:10 pm =) I wonder if it is also cause it took forever to get my interviewer feedback, and that was just the final piece they were waiting for.

Now - does anyone know anything about this background check they do? Like what kind of documents and stuff they look at?

Loathey, congratulations on your conquering of CBS' admissions process :) I have a new nickname for you: classmate! Don't worry about the Kroll background check yet. If you go to the Admitted Students page, it gives you a link under your "To Do List" but it says you can't do it until after January 1, 2009. So just relax and send them your $6000 within 2 weeks hehe. Make sure they can identify from the check or wire transfer that it is YOUR deposit. Little known fact: you will get a "status change" email once they receive your deposit- I know cuz my status just changed today. My heart was pounding when I first saw it in my inbox- I thought they were going to rescind my acceptance and say it was a mistake! haha.

Are you from NY? I'm in DC but go up somewhat regularly... if you're in the area, maybe we can meet up for a lil adventure: throwing up in Uris Deli and then browsing the bookstore for shirts and sweatpants! :P SNG and Solaris are just a few days away- I can feel it in my bones 8-)

Young TienyChesney's fall 2009 aspirant blog:

http://mbaveggie.blogspot.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2008, 19:49
loathetheapps wrote:

Congratulations! It seems like you were in regardless, they just needed the interview to "confirm." Do not sweat Kroll. They will ask for information about your employer and education. They usually check with your supervisor to verify their recommendation and your employment. They use your transcript to verify education. A lot of people were nervous last year because they included an extra $1000 in compensation for some arbitrary profit sharing. Kroll does not care. They are looking for blatant lying, like the person who said they worked at a top consulting firm but whose employment record is nowhere to be found. That person does not deserve to be at Columbia--you do!

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the fruits of your labor. You have until August 2009 to get stressed out again.

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2008, 21:23
loathetheapps wrote:

Congrats!!!

Tien, thanks for the kind words. Hope to see you guys there at Uris Hall soon. :-D

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

VP
VP

Schools: NYU Stern '11

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2008, 04:06
bscracker, our application timelines are quite similar. my admittedly flimsy theory is that we're still undergoing the final round of reviews before the committee meets to decide our fates. if you've noticed, both tien and loathey applied well before either of us, and there's nothing odd about them receiving their decisions before we do. as you know, an interview invite can come at any point in the review process, and typically the earlier you get your interview invite, the longer is the waiting period between your application going complete and you receiving a decision.

it seems like the whole process is taking just shy of two months. i would anticipate both of us to hear something by mid-next week. what i find especially interesting is that with one exception, everyone who's been interviewed so far (and has shared their stats here or on BW) has been accepted ED. no waitlists, no deferrals just yet this year. that might be a little worrying, but i would encourage you to worry about another application instead - you've done what you could with this one.

8-)

bscracker wrote:
I can't help wonder why some ppl get their decision right away and some have to wait for a month. Is this based on the applicant pool one belongs to ? Any thoughts welcome.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2008, 05:39
Agreed. I feel stupid that I havent started with any other application yet.

Onto MIT now, hope i would meet the R1 deadline. Applying to Wharton and Uchicago in R2.

solaris1 wrote:
i would encourage you to worry about another application instead - you've done what you could with this one.

8-)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2008, 07:47
Thanks guys. The only reason I am asking about Kroll is that I didn't include 1 job I had that lasted literally less than 2 months after I graduated - do you think that'll be a problem?!?! Is there any way they'll find out about that and make a fuss? I quit after less than 2 months so didn't think I needed to include in the exhaustive "list all the jobs you've ever had since college" list.

And Tieny - yes I am in DC we should def. meet up!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2008, 08:04
To be honest, they'll ask you which part of "all the jobs" you didn't understand :D... but don't think it will be a big deal... unless it opens a can of worms you tried to hide!

Congrats on the admit!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2008, 08:10
lol no can of worms, i just didn't think it was necessary to include it!

Director
Director

Schools: Oxford'10

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2008, 08:39
loathy,

don't worry.

many people start a job and know it is not for them fairly soon after. It is better than staying there fore 6 months and then leaving.

well done on the admit once more, now go and enjoy the next few months!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2008, 08:46
oh no my concern is that i didn't actually put it on the app?

Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009!   [#permalink] 16 Oct 2008, 08:46

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  59    Next  [ 1168 posts ] 

Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap