Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]
BSD, you need to call admissions asap and tell them your application somehow went into the RD pool. I'm assuming you intended to submit ED.

bsd_lover wrote:
January 7th ???? Please tell me they're kidding.

"Your application is complete and will be placed under review on January 7, 2009, the first day of our Regular Decision review period.

You can expect to hear either a final decision or an invitation to interview from us within 12 weeks from January 7, 2009.
Please keep in mind that an invitation to interview can come at any point in the evaluation process.
Submitted Date 06 Oct 2008
"

So I tried to stay away from this thread for a few days and that didn't work out! :) And I just saw a first-time applicant report an offer of admission on BW and this applicant's entire timeline from submission to acceptance was less than 3 weeks! Not sure what to make of that.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
No Solaris I intended the RD. But I was kinda expecting a slightly earlier response (having submitted even well before the ED deadline).
VP
VP
Well, no worries then. The "official" review period for RD starts January 7th, 2009. They will probably start reading your application well before that date however.

bsd_lover wrote:
No Solaris I intended the RD. But I was kinda expecting a slightly earlier response (having submitted even well before the ED deadline).
SVP
SVP
Send PM
does this mean no decision till february ??

solaris1 wrote:
Well, no worries then. The "official" review period for RD starts January 7th, 2009. They will probably start reading your application well before that date however.

bsd_lover wrote:
VP
VP
Unfortunately early Feb. would most likely be the earliest you would have a decision from CBS, bsd.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
But I believed that they have rolling admissions. Say hypothetically they process all the ED applications by mid-November. They still have nearly 2-3 months to read my app and make a decision. Its not that much of a stretch to imagine that they could process my app by December ? I can't wait till Feb. I have to pay a large commitment fee to LBS in January. I may as well withdraw if they aren't willing to make a decision before January.
VP
VP
While it is indeed possible they could start processing your application considerably earlier, the fact the "official" review period begins January 7 (to me at least) suggests it would be very unlikely you would get a decision until at least 3-4 weeks after that date if you factor in the time it might take for an interview.

I would still call admissions for the final word, but I was under the impression CBS's RD policy was reasonably clear about this?

bsd_lover wrote:
But I believed that they have rolling admissions. Say hypothetically they process all the ED applications by mid-November. They still have nearly 2-3 months to read my app and make a decision. Its not that much of a stretch to imagine that they could process my app by December ? I can't wait till Feb. I have to pay a large commitment fee to LBS in January. I may as well withdraw if they aren't willing to make a decision before January.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
All - I had a quick question on the Columbia application.
The activities section has a 400 character limit, which does not give a lot of room to explain any community leadership experience beyond 3-4 lines. Is it a strict limit or do they just expect us to list our experiences (without the details)?
Most of the other schools I have applied to have a higher word limit.

VP
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q49  V35
Send PM
a House DJ @ columbia ( ref to djhouse81)....

another WHY COLUMBIA answer :lol:

what genre of house you dabble in dj house?

Can we play our stuff in the uris hall ;-)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
loathetheapps wrote:
Thanks guys. The only reason I am asking about Kroll is that I didn't include 1 job I had that lasted literally less than 2 months after I graduated - do you think that'll be a problem?!?! Is there any way they'll find out about that and make a fuss? I quit after less than 2 months so didn't think I needed to include in the exhaustive "list all the jobs you've ever had since college" list.

And Tieny - yes I am in DC we should def. meet up!

You are fine, you are fine, you are fine! Keep saying those words because there is nothing to worry about. There's nothing about a 2-month stint that changes who you are and what you will add to Columbia. That's the whole point of Kroll: to find applicants who blatantly lied and will negatively impact the class as a result of lying. That is 100% not you. This is a great time in your life, enjoy it, and do not sweat Kroll.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:

BSD, I doubt you will get a decision before Jan. There is a good chance you won't get one even in Jan. The ED deadline just arrived and that review period is 10 weeks after that. Then we have Christmas. I take them at their word when they say they start reviewing Jan 7th.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
Schools:Wharton
Send PM
got the interviewwwwwwwww!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
congrats sterny!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
sterny wrote:
got the interviewwwwwwwww!!

Awesome! goodluck!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Sterny: congrats!

I just wanted to add something obviusly very obvious (obviously). It's been two weeks since I submitted my application: I now fully understand how painful the waiting time is. Really.

Whatever... good luck everyone... again.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q49  V35
Send PM
best of luck sterny... rock the interview!
VP
VP
Got dinged today. Ugh. Back to the drawing board. :(
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36  ...  59