It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 13:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 47

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2008, 10:33
BUDDIES! ah, i can't believe you guys found out so quickly haha. i've been inundated on the phone and I'm actually supposed to be doing work which is why I didn't post anything here yet. I barely had time to put 2 lines on my blog :P

Thank you all for your unbelievable support. The rumor is true. I got the "status change" email at 11:41 am EST today and I will be attending CBS in Fall 2009! Thank you, everyone!!! Can't wait to see some of ya'll and I'll still lurk around for those who have questions- I'm more than willing to help anyone else with any concerns they might have :-D :-D :-D
_________________

Young TienyChesney's fall 2009 aspirant blog:

http://mbaveggie.blogspot.com

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 1499

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

Schools: NYU Stern '11
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2008, 11:02
OMG, Tien. This is amazing news! Good to see CBS go after someone who really really wanted to be there. Gosh, what I wouldn't give to be in your shoes right now.

Congratulations! 8-)

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2006
Posts: 152

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Location: New York, NY
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2008, 14:07
Congratulations, Tien! What a great news! :wave

BTW, I just did my interview today. It was good. Just normal questions mixed with questions related to my answers. There wasn't anything notable.
My interviewer was nice to answer all my questions as well. Now I guess I will just have to wait.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2008, 14:37
congrats tieny!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 322

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 10

Location: Texas
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2008, 18:28
Congrats Tieny! Columbia did the right thing! :)

:beer

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 10

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 221

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

Schools: The School that shall not be named
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2008, 18:42
Congrats!
Hope to get to see you there next year!

Though I have to say after further evaluation, Columbia might not be my top choice now :roll:
Anyways, Congrats once again!
_________________

明日やろうばかやろう

24 wrote:
Your East Coast bias is worse than ESPN.

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 496

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2008, 21:08
Congrats! Look forward to seeing you around Uris next Fall!

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2947

Kudos [?]: 667 [0], given: 210

Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2008, 21:40
Good stuff buddy.

Kudos [?]: 667 [0], given: 210

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 47

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2008, 23:23
GMATclubbers,

Sincerely, I am really humbled by the show of support from everyone. I'm just another neurotic, over-anxious, borderline-obsessive (okay, maybe not borderline) aspirant and you all have been so great to me. I thought I was just posting random comments and info yet I've stumbled upon an actual community. This was definitely surprising but I'm really grateful. Seriously, if anyone has random CBS questions, let me know. Either post or message me or anything. Now that the huge weight is off my shoulders I'm definitely going to try to do everything possible to have you all join me. Thanks again and don't worry, I'll stick around the board. :-D

Best, TienyC
_________________

Young TienyChesney's fall 2009 aspirant blog:

http://mbaveggie.blogspot.com

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2007
Posts: 751

Kudos [?]: 232 [0], given: 8

Location: Oxford
Schools: Oxford'10
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2008, 00:31
Congratulations Tieny,

saw your post here and as a result spent the best part of an hour going through your blog!

Your passion for CBS was probably so much, that no way in hell they would have dinged you! Good luck, and kickback and have a really good time for the next 10 months!

Kudos [?]: 232 [0], given: 8

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 1499

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

Schools: NYU Stern '11
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2008, 04:05
loathetheapps, did your interviewer submit his feedback yet?

i'm having a very hard time keeping myself from sending a reminder to my alumna interviewer. i'm definitely calling admissions if she isn't done by Monday!

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 41

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2008, 06:11
solaris1 wrote:
loathetheapps, did your interviewer submit his feedback yet?

i'm having a very hard time keeping myself from sending a reminder to my alumna interviewer. i'm definitely calling admissions if she isn't done by Monday!


No! I did call the admissions office yesterday w/o giving my name and I was told that we should NOt contact the interviewer, and that the admissions office is in "constant contact" with them - that there isn't a certain cutoff point at which the adcom contacts the interviewer to get their feedback. This almost makes me wonder whether they do ask the interviewers to hold off on submitting the feedback for a few days. I don't know the rationale behind that other than that they want to wait to see if any other great candidates come in the pipeline in the meanwhile but seriously this is ridiculous!
The only other thing I was told is that we will get a decision within our 10-week review period :evil:

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 1499

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

Schools: NYU Stern '11
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2008, 06:34
Ugh, tell me about it. :evil:

I think I am going to resort to bloody marys for breakfast very shortly. I can't concentrate on my other apps at all. Here's to hoping for some good news (heck, *any* news) later today or early next week. And I think what the admissions office means by "decision" in the 10-week timeframe context is simply a ding or an interview invite. And we're past that point.

Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us.

P.S. To all the applicants who are still under review, I apologize for the shameless ranting. I know you must have it even harder. I promise to tone it down a little. :)

loathetheapps wrote:
No! I did call the admissions office yesterday w/o giving my name and I was told that we should NOt contact the interviewer, and that the admissions office is in "constant contact" with them - that there isn't a certain cutoff point at which the adcom contacts the interviewer to get their feedback. This almost makes me wonder whether they do ask the interviewers to hold off on submitting the feedback for a few days. I don't know the rationale behind that other than that they want to wait to see if any other great candidates come in the pipeline in the meanwhile but seriously this is ridiculous!
The only other thing I was told is that we will get a decision within our 10-week review period :evil:

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: France
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2008, 07:47
Tieny, congratulations!

Just wanted to say, for the record, that I submitted my ED application on Oct 7th... so I have a loooong and desperate waiting time ahead of me.

So for those freaking out about their interviewer submitting their feeback... I wish I was in your shoes right now.

:D

Peace

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2006
Posts: 152

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Location: New York, NY
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2008, 08:37
Hey loathey, solaris,
I am sorry to hear that your interviewers haven't submitted their feedback yet. I don't think the admission office has anything to do with when they can submit their feedback. I had an interview yesterday, and my interviewer submitted his feedback this morning.

I've been happy so far about the fast process of my application review, but I will not be relieved until I hear the final result. I haven't been able to start my next applications seriously either. Many things are happening in my personal life right now, and sometimes I feel a bit frustrated about not being able to plan even for next few months. If you guys are still in New York City, maybe we can have drinks together and rant? :beer

solaris1 wrote:
Ugh, tell me about it. :evil:

I think I am going to resort to bloody marys for breakfast very shortly. I can't concentrate on my other apps at all. Here's to hoping for some good news (heck, *any* news) later today or early next week. And I think what the admissions office means by "decision" in the 10-week timeframe context is simply a ding or an interview invite. And we're past that point.

Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us.

P.S. To all the applicants who are still under review, I apologize for the shameless ranting. I know you must have it even harder. I promise to tone it down a little. :)

loathetheapps wrote:
No! I did call the admissions office yesterday w/o giving my name and I was told that we should NOt contact the interviewer, and that the admissions office is in "constant contact" with them - that there isn't a certain cutoff point at which the adcom contacts the interviewer to get their feedback. This almost makes me wonder whether they do ask the interviewers to hold off on submitting the feedback for a few days. I don't know the rationale behind that other than that they want to wait to see if any other great candidates come in the pipeline in the meanwhile but seriously this is ridiculous!
The only other thing I was told is that we will get a decision within our 10-week review period :evil:

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 1499

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

Schools: NYU Stern '11
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2008, 08:45
sng, I am in New York City, yes. But I'm "bridge & tunnel" so I head out to the 'burbs relatively early in the evening.

But if you'd like to meet up around 6-ish one weekday, I'd be down for it. I'm around Times Square.

Be prepared, however. I can rant! :P

And you're lucky you had such a diligent interviewer. Good luck. Hopefully next week's going to be a good one for a lot of us on the thread.

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2006
Posts: 152

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Location: New York, NY
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2008, 08:54
OMG, I'm around Times Square too. Maybe we work in the same office. lol
6 totally works for me. Next week will be good too. Let's see if we can get more people from this forum.
Now... where did I put that "Gmatclub" sign that I made last time for the CBS info session. :wink:
solaris1 wrote:
sng, I am in New York City, yes. But I'm "bridge & tunnel" so I head out to the 'burbs relatively early in the evening.

But if you'd like to meet up around 6-ish one weekday, I'd be down for it. I'm around Times Square.

Be prepared, however. I can rant! :P

And you're lucky you had such a diligent interviewer. Good luck. Hopefully next week's going to be a good one for a lot of us on the thread.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 41

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2008, 09:13
okay. solaris - do you think maybe we cld send another email to our interviewer w/o directly reminding them, but just saying something like, thank youagain so much for your time, i had a couple more questions for you that came to mind after we spoke, blah blah - and in this way indirectly remind them to submit our damn reports?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 1499

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

Schools: NYU Stern '11
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2008, 09:18
loathetheapps - I am going to wait until it's 1 week (and she has a weekend to work on it) and then I think I will write her a quick e-mail asking if she had received everything from the admissions office to enable her to submit her feedback and perhaps write another line about how CBS's rolling admissions works (my interviewer wasn't THAT familiar with ED) or something like that. Just so she gets a sense of why we're being so anxious!

If your interviewer told you to feel free to reach out to him with further questions, I think your suggestion is a pretty good one and not too intrusive.

loathetheapps wrote:
okay. solaris - do you think maybe we cld send another email to our interviewer w/o directly reminding them, but just saying something like, thank youagain so much for your time, i had a couple more questions for you that came to mind after we spoke, blah blah - and in this way indirectly remind them to submit our damn reports?

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 41

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2008, 09:21
Arg. Tomorrow will make it a week for me!!! I will wait till Sunday and then reach out.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009!   [#permalink] 10 Oct 2008, 09:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  59    Next  [ 1168 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.