Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 08:00 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q48  V39
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! [#permalink]
jb32 wrote:
solaris1 wrote:
loathetheapps - I am going to wait until it's 1 week (and she has a weekend to work on it) and then I think I will write her a quick e-mail asking if she had received everything from the admissions office to enable her to submit her feedback and perhaps write another line about how CBS's rolling admissions works (my interviewer wasn't THAT familiar with ED) or something like that. Just so she gets a sense of why we're being so anxious!

I wouldn't contact her at all. She may get annoyed and decide anything good she was going to say is no longer relevant. She may decide she wants to have you dinged for annoying her. That might not happen, but do you want to take the chance because your so eager to hear if you get in?

My advice is to do nothing and just wait. She didn't forget, she's probably just busy.

I agree with jb32. I think reminding him/her can backfire, and damage his/her first impression of you. You guys have worked so hard and have come this far. Have a little patience and wait.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
So I wanted to ask your guys' opinion - I have a friend who just got an interview with Columbia as well, and he's a tech/operations guy who wants to switch into finance (ibanking and eventually VC...you know assuming things change in a couple of years). and - his interviewer is in finance as well. now this is totally not my field so i dont even know how to advise him - any suggestions on how he should prep for this interview?

and btw - still no report from my intervieweR!
VP
VP
Hey loathetheapps, I actually couldn't take it anymore on Friday and got in touch with the Ambassadors office with a thinly veiled question about my interview schedule, fortunately the person I talked to figured out pretty quickly what I really wanted to know (ha! they're smart :-D ) and disclosed that their office had already contacted my interviewer earlier that day to remind her she still needed to submit my interview feedback.

I was assured that the Ambassadors office would do its best to get her to submit feedback as soon as possible. So I'm a little less worried now. Admissions seems to be on top of their game. And going through last year's ED spreadsheet on BW, there were a lot of folks whose interviewers took between 7 - 13 days to submit their feedback. So our situations aren't that extraordinary it would seem.

loathetheapps wrote:
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Is anyone considering an RD app for end of October or November?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Management, Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q50  V47
Send PM
terp06 wrote:

I already submitted my RD app. It was so early that the admissions office contacted me to verify I didn't want to apply ED. As always with CBS, the earlier the better.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
sonibubu wrote:
terp06 wrote:

I already submitted my RD app. It was so early that the admissions office contacted me to verify I didn't want to apply ED. As always with CBS, the earlier the better.

It's interesting, I don't see many people on here or BW submitting very early in the RD cycle (i.e. now).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
solaris - what number did you call? the only number I have for the ambassador's office, i always get a recording for. Is that the number you called? i cant take this anymore !

solaris1 wrote:
Hey loathetheapps, I actually couldn't take it anymore on Friday and got in touch with the Ambassadors office with a thinly veiled question about my interview schedule, fortunately the person I talked to figured out pretty quickly what I really wanted to know (ha! they're smart :-D ) and disclosed that their office had already contacted my interviewer earlier that day to remind her she still needed to submit my interview feedback.

I was assured that the Ambassadors office would do its best to get her to submit feedback as soon as possible. So I'm a little less worried now. Admissions seems to be on top of their game. And going through last year's ED spreadsheet on BW, there were a lot of folks whose interviewers took between 7 - 13 days to submit their feedback. So our situations aren't that extraordinary it would seem.

loathetheapps wrote:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q49  V35
Send PM
Oh god it is killing you ppl so much... Think of people who submitted their apps in mid september .

best of luck loatheapps.. hope you get in.
you too solaris.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Schools:Wharton, Chicago
 Q49  V44
Send PM
terp06 wrote:

I am hopefully by the end of October.
VP
VP
WOW - my CBS interviewer just wrote to me and asked me to e-mail her an example of an "ethical dilemma" I have faced.

I thought I'd gotten off easy, when she didn't ask me this during the interview. Just sent her a 300-word long story I'd thought of as an answer, had she asked me this during the interview. Perhaps a bit too long? Oh well, at least she's working on the interview feedback form.

All the future CBS interviewees on the thread, now you can be sure that this is a question on the Columbia interview feedback form, so make sure you can answer this cold!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Are you serious?! At least you know shes filling out your form. More than I can say about mine :0/. Although when the time comes I suppose he will email me the same question lol. Btw - I did email that address...no response!

solaris1 wrote:
WOW - my CBS interviewer just wrote to me and asked me to e-mail her an example of an "ethical dilemma" I have faced.

I thought I'd gotten off easy, when she didn't ask me this during the interview. Just sent her a 300-word long story I'd thought of as an answer, had she asked me this during the interview. Perhaps a bit too long? Oh well, at least she's working on the interview feedback form.

All the future CBS interviewees on the thread, now you can be sure that this is a question on the Columbia interview feedback form, so make sure you can answer this cold!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q49  V35
Send PM
LOL.

If you ppl talk more about this... they will change the question.....

so dont talk much about it ... :twisted:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 380 [0]
Send PM
Where can i get a copy of the stats for the class of 2008?
VP
VP
Finally! :)

My interview feedback got submitted today after an excruciating week-long wait. I actually had to do a bit of chasing, but I'm actually glad I followed up with the Ambassadors office and my interviewer. My reminder made her get in touch with me again and I could make a last minute pitch.

Now since there's no way for me to influence the admissions process any further, I'm going to sit back and drink some orange soda and watch CNBC.

Oh, and I'm going to get a seizure if I get any more e-mails from apply@gsb.columbia.edu inviting me to any more panels on campus!

My next post here will be the big news - let's wait and see whether it will be good or not so good. Embarrassingly enough, I alone make up almost a fifth of the 600 odd posts on this thread, so it's time I went incognito for a while.

Good luck everyone!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
solaris1 wrote:

My interview feedback got submitted today after an excruciating week-long wait. I actually had to do a bit of chasing, but I'm actually glad I followed up with the Ambassadors office and my interviewer. My reminder made her get in touch with me again and I could make a last minute pitch.

Now since there's no way for me to influence the admissions process any further, I'm going to sit back and drink some orange soda and watch CNBC.

Oh, and I'm going to get a seizure if I get any more e-mails from apply@gsb.columbia.edu inviting me to any more panels on campus!

My next post here will be the big news - let's wait and see whether it will be good or not so good. Embarrassingly enough, I alone make up almost a fifth of the 600 odd posts on this thread, so it's time I went incognito for a while.

Good luck everyone!

Good Luck Buddy!

you've done all you can. I am sure your essays reflect your passion for Columbia! Enjoy the soda and hear from you soon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
solaris1 wrote:

It's good to hear that the feedback is in. Perhaps, we may hear from the school around the same time. :-D Good luck!
And you are so right about the seizure... the info session invitation got me a couple of times already.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Okay. my application is officially complete. I emailed my interviewer today to "thank him again" (as a reminder to submit my info!) and he actually told me that he'd called the interview office 5 times to get my forms and he only got them today, and he "apologized on behalf of Columbia GSB." But Solaris, like you, my interview wasn't complete. I had to talk to him agian to give the ethical dilemma.

Okay now we wait!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  59