Last visit was: 06 Jun 2024, 11:15 It is currently 06 Jun 2024, 11:15
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General Management; High Tech; Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg School of Management
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy & Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
River I have a specific question. I was just browsing through the Kellogg website and had a doubt : Is the course Global lab similar to GIM ? Basically are they two separate courses or two names for the same course ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Tuck, Kellogg, Sloan, Stanford, Haas, Cornell, LBS, UCLA
 Q49  V35
Send PM
I am sailing in the same boat as most of you guys. Applied R1 to kellogg. Received an interview waiver (which I believe is primarily based on Part I of the application and number of applicants from a place)

I am hoping that things would work fine. I am confident of my application (with a low gmat and low gpa) and not too worried about other people receiving interview invites - we do not know what variables contribute to the order of invites and nor speculating would help. If its a ding - its a ding ! can't be worked up about it right?

So all I would say is - there is very little we can do and lets just hope that e-mail pops in. Good luck to one and all.

Cheers.
S
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General Management; High Tech; Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg School of Management
 Q50  V41
Send PM
boOmasta wrote:
Gil wrote:
Just finished my phone interview with Kellogg. Hope this can help you guys who have not interviewed yet.

First of all, the interview WAS blind, despite the fact they originally told me it would be conducted by someone who has read my application. My guess is that since ADCOM people are doing these, sometimes you get someone who has read your application and sometime you don't.

Anyways, the only thing my interviewer had was my CV.

The interviewer was very nice and friendly. She asked about my career path and asked informative questions along the way, keeping me in check. I felt as if I didn't answer well enough - sort of lost myself on the way and then stumbled back superficially. She helped me refocus and was very reassuring.

I was also asked why MBA and why Kellogg. I tried to show how much research I have done and how I feel I can connect with Kellogg and the people there. Additional questions were - why US and not Europe (I'm an international), examples of working in a team, what my position usually is when working in a team.

There were no surprise questions - just the ones you see on this board all the time.

She then let me ask about the school. She answered my questions and was very nice. I don't remember what I said at the end but she laughed out loud (in a good way). Overall a good but not perfect interview in my opinion.

If anyone expecting a phone interview wants to contact me privately with any questions, please feel free to do so.

Thank you Gil for sharing! Its good to know, I had previously expected to be interviewed by someone who has read my file, apparently now that it is by chance or luck.

Any specific questions that stumbled you? It is always nice to hear that the interviewer is nice...

Good luck to you and everyone else!

Hi,

I actually stumbled on the easiest question - career path. Don't know why... couldn't get it out:)

The rest was very comfortable and went smoothly. No surprises - spoke a lot about how I fit in a team and about how Kellogg's atmosphere really speaks to me and the things I would like to do there.

The interview flowed really well - it was almost like a conversation with a friend. I could tell she really likes her job and speaking with applicants. A lot less scarier than I feard:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools:Georgetown '11
Send PM
so....now that tuesday is off the table, is there any reason to believe decisions will start comming out tomorrow or next tuesday or are we still over a week away from that?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V41
Send PM
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
River I have a specific question. I was just browsing through the Kellogg website and had a doubt : Is the course Global lab similar to GIM ? Basically are they two separate courses or two names for the same course ?

So G-Lab and GIM are pretty different.

The lab classes at Kellogg (Management Lab - formerly known as LEAP, Venture Lab, Analytical Consulting Lab, and Global Lab) are essentially consulting projects in the framework of a class. You do a quarter long consulting case on a real company/non-profit and get the resources of your fellow classmates and Kellogg professors to help guide you.

In the case of G-Lab, all the companies are headquartered internationally (whereas in most of the companies from courses like M-Lab are US based). Also, there the culmination of the project is a 2 week trip to the actual company in country where you conclude the consulting case you have been doing the entire quarter.

GIM is a very unique and different class. First off, GIM is focused on a country rather than a company. The course during the term is usually lecture based (but often includes cultural and experiential components - like simulations, multi-cultural negotiations, etc.). Also, the student leaders of each trip create the curriculum in concert with the faculty adviser. Thus, usually each class session will be taught by a different professor (if your students are particularly good, like mine are with GIM Japan, these professors will be rock stars) and are often taught by Senior Executives from each country.

The GIM trip (which is the culmination of the GIM class) is a two week trip to the country. Typically, you will visit 6+ companies in country. Also, as part of the trip, you will do research for your GIM project (which is a group project on a topic of choice). This project is your typical academic research project rather than an consulting project.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 486 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Well no news today is good news I guess. Every time I click the website, it's like waiting for the GMAT score to pop up all over again.

Anyone hear anything?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Steel wrote:
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:

So G-Lab and GIM are pretty different.

The lab classes at Kellogg (Management Lab - formerly known as LEAP, Venture Lab, Analytical Consulting Lab, and Global Lab) are essentially consulting projects in the framework of a class. You do a quarter long consulting case on a real company/non-profit and get the resources of your fellow classmates and Kellogg professors to help guide you.

In the case of G-Lab, all the companies are headquartered internationally (whereas in most of the companies from courses like M-Lab are US based). Also, there the culmination of the project is a 2 week trip to the actual company in country where you conclude the consulting case you have been doing the entire quarter.

GIM is a very unique and different class. First off, GIM is focused on a country rather than a company. The course during the term is usually lecture based (but often includes cultural and experiential components - like simulations, multi-cultural negotiations, etc.). Also, the student leaders of each trip create the curriculum in concert with the faculty adviser. Thus, usually each class session will be taught by a different professor (if your students are particularly good, like mine are with GIM Japan, these professors will be rock stars) and are often taught by Senior Executives from each country.

The GIM trip (which is the culmination of the GIM class) is a two week trip to the country. Typically, you will visit 6+ companies in country. Also, as part of the trip, you will do research for your GIM project (which is a group project on a topic of choice). This project is your typical academic research project rather than an consulting project.

Thanks Steel ! Can you also update me on some of the operation firms coming there besides PRTM , ZS associates ?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Not recruiting for it but I know deloitte has a big operations practice. McKinsey also hires for operations. There are others I am sure...not to the level of strategy but there are operations jobs.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 143 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, VC
Schools:Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS
 Q47  V45
Send PM
River, please keep up posted with the rumours from Admissions there in Evanston, I'm not American but I'd like to be thankful too! :D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance - Real Estate
Schools:Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Send PM
Hey guys,

Just submitted Part 1. On an average, how long does it take for the admissions office to schedule an interview?

Thanks,
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Non-profit, GM
Schools:Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
 Q44  V44
Send PM
I think it was about three weeks after I submitted Part 1 of my application that I was given an interview assignment.

Good luck with your app!

-Leverandon
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance - Real Estate
Schools:Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Send PM
Thanks,

I hope its before that! I wanna plan my vacation around christmas and would want to get the R2 apps and self initiated interviews out of the way by then.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
nadtrans wrote:
Hey guys,

Just submitted Part 1. On an average, how long does it take for the admissions office to schedule an interview?

Thanks,

Nadtrans - similar to what leverandon said. I heard back about 3.5 weeks later with the name of my interviewer. It took another 1.5 weeks though to schedule it...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Concentration: 20% From Concentration
Schools:The School that shall not be named
 Q49  V38
Send PM
nadtrans wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks,

I think they wait for a certain time period after deadline for Part 1 to arrange for the interviews in R2. I remember many many people receive the interview email all at once.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Mine took slightly longer to come in- about 6 weeks from the day I submitted part one, but I completed the interview just a few days later.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
riverripper wrote:
Not recruiting for it but I know deloitte has a big operations practice. McKinsey also hires for operations. There are others I am sure...not to the level of strategy but there are operations jobs.

Thanks River !

I had my interview yesterday on the telephone. Questions were similar to the ones already mentioned here. After the interview i was told that i would get my result in January. So no early results this season ?
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos:
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
riverripper wrote:

Thanks River !

I had my interview yesterday on the telephone. Questions were similar to the ones already mentioned here. After the interview i was told that i would get my result in January. So no early results this season ?

The adcom member that interviewed me said they are hoping to start releasing decisions in mid-December.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25  ...  115   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts