It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 00:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 300

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Schools: Kellogg School of Management
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2008, 09:22
Just finished my phone interview with Kellogg. Hope this can help you guys who have not interviewed yet.

First of all, the interview WAS blind, despite the fact they originally told me it would be conducted by someone who has read my application. My guess is that since ADCOM people are doing these, sometimes you get someone who has read your application and sometime you don't.

Anyways, the only thing my interviewer had was my CV.

The interviewer was very nice and friendly. She asked about my career path and asked informative questions along the way, keeping me in check. I felt as if I didn't answer well enough - sort of lost myself on the way and then stumbled back superficially. She helped me refocus and was very reassuring.

I was also asked why MBA and why Kellogg. I tried to show how much research I have done and how I feel I can connect with Kellogg and the people there. Additional questions were - why US and not Europe (I'm an international), examples of working in a team, what my position usually is when working in a team.

There were no surprise questions - just the ones you see on this board all the time.

She then let me ask about the school. She answered my questions and was very nice. I don't remember what I said at the end but she laughed out loud (in a good way). Overall a good but not perfect interview in my opinion.

If anyone expecting a phone interview wants to contact me privately with any questions, please feel free to do so.

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 42

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2008, 10:11
Gil wrote:
Just finished my phone interview with Kellogg. Hope this can help you guys who have not interviewed yet.

First of all, the interview WAS blind, despite the fact they originally told me it would be conducted by someone who has read my application. My guess is that since ADCOM people are doing these, sometimes you get someone who has read your application and sometime you don't.

Anyways, the only thing my interviewer had was my CV.

The interviewer was very nice and friendly. She asked about my career path and asked informative questions along the way, keeping me in check. I felt as if I didn't answer well enough - sort of lost myself on the way and then stumbled back superficially. She helped me refocus and was very reassuring.

I was also asked why MBA and why Kellogg. I tried to show how much research I have done and how I feel I can connect with Kellogg and the people there. Additional questions were - why US and not Europe (I'm an international), examples of working in a team, what my position usually is when working in a team.

There were no surprise questions - just the ones you see on this board all the time.

She then let me ask about the school. She answered my questions and was very nice. I don't remember what I said at the end but she laughed out loud (in a good way). Overall a good but not perfect interview in my opinion.

If anyone expecting a phone interview wants to contact me privately with any questions, please feel free to do so.


Thank you Gil for sharing! Its good to know, I had previously expected to be interviewed by someone who has read my file, apparently now that it is by chance or luck.

Any specific questions that stumbled you? It is always nice to hear that the interviewer is nice...

Good luck to you and everyone else!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2008
Posts: 127

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2008, 10:28
Gil wrote:
Just finished my phone interview with Kellogg. Hope this can help you guys who have not interviewed yet.

First of all, the interview WAS blind, despite the fact they originally told me it would be conducted by someone who has read my application. My guess is that since ADCOM people are doing these, sometimes you get someone who has read your application and sometime you don't.

Anyways, the only thing my interviewer had was my CV.

The interviewer was very nice and friendly. She asked about my career path and asked informative questions along the way, keeping me in check. I felt as if I didn't answer well enough - sort of lost myself on the way and then stumbled back superficially. She helped me refocus and was very reassuring.

I was also asked why MBA and why Kellogg. I tried to show how much research I have done and how I feel I can connect with Kellogg and the people there. Additional questions were - why US and not Europe (I'm an international), examples of working in a team, what my position usually is when working in a team.

There were no surprise questions - just the ones you see on this board all the time.

She then let me ask about the school. She answered my questions and was very nice. I don't remember what I said at the end but she laughed out loud (in a good way). Overall a good but not perfect interview in my opinion.

If anyone expecting a phone interview wants to contact me privately with any questions, please feel free to do so.



Thanks a lot for the informative post ! I have just sent you a pm. :)

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2008
Posts: 127

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2008, 10:30
1
This post received
KUDOS
River I have a specific question. I was just browsing through the Kellogg website and had a doubt : Is the course Global lab similar to GIM ? Basically are they two separate courses or two names for the same course ?

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 38

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Location: India
Schools: Tuck, Kellogg, Sloan, Stanford, Haas, Cornell, LBS, UCLA
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2008, 10:51
I am sailing in the same boat as most of you guys. Applied R1 to kellogg. Received an interview waiver (which I believe is primarily based on Part I of the application and number of applicants from a place)

I am hoping that things would work fine. I am confident of my application (with a low gmat and low gpa) and not too worried about other people receiving interview invites - we do not know what variables contribute to the order of invites and nor speculating would help. If its a ding - its a ding ! can't be worked up about it right?

So all I would say is - there is very little we can do and lets just hope that e-mail pops in. Good luck to one and all.

Cheers.
S
_________________

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 300

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Schools: Kellogg School of Management
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2008, 11:36
boOmasta wrote:
Gil wrote:
Just finished my phone interview with Kellogg. Hope this can help you guys who have not interviewed yet.

First of all, the interview WAS blind, despite the fact they originally told me it would be conducted by someone who has read my application. My guess is that since ADCOM people are doing these, sometimes you get someone who has read your application and sometime you don't.

Anyways, the only thing my interviewer had was my CV.

The interviewer was very nice and friendly. She asked about my career path and asked informative questions along the way, keeping me in check. I felt as if I didn't answer well enough - sort of lost myself on the way and then stumbled back superficially. She helped me refocus and was very reassuring.

I was also asked why MBA and why Kellogg. I tried to show how much research I have done and how I feel I can connect with Kellogg and the people there. Additional questions were - why US and not Europe (I'm an international), examples of working in a team, what my position usually is when working in a team.

There were no surprise questions - just the ones you see on this board all the time.

She then let me ask about the school. She answered my questions and was very nice. I don't remember what I said at the end but she laughed out loud (in a good way). Overall a good but not perfect interview in my opinion.

If anyone expecting a phone interview wants to contact me privately with any questions, please feel free to do so.


Thank you Gil for sharing! Its good to know, I had previously expected to be interviewed by someone who has read my file, apparently now that it is by chance or luck.

Any specific questions that stumbled you? It is always nice to hear that the interviewer is nice...

Good luck to you and everyone else!


Hi,

I actually stumbled on the easiest question - career path. Don't know why... couldn't get it out:)

The rest was very comfortable and went smoothly. No surprises - spoke a lot about how I fit in a team and about how Kellogg's atmosphere really speaks to me and the things I would like to do there.

The interview flowed really well - it was almost like a conversation with a friend. I could tell she really likes her job and speaking with applicants. A lot less scarier than I feard:)

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2008
Posts: 214

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Schools: Georgetown '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2008, 12:15
so....now that tuesday is off the table, is there any reason to believe decisions will start comming out tomorrow or next tuesday or are we still over a week away from that?

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 347

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 1

Location: Evanston, IL
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2008, 13:35
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
River I have a specific question. I was just browsing through the Kellogg website and had a doubt : Is the course Global lab similar to GIM ? Basically are they two separate courses or two names for the same course ?


So G-Lab and GIM are pretty different.

The lab classes at Kellogg (Management Lab - formerly known as LEAP, Venture Lab, Analytical Consulting Lab, and Global Lab) are essentially consulting projects in the framework of a class. You do a quarter long consulting case on a real company/non-profit and get the resources of your fellow classmates and Kellogg professors to help guide you.

In the case of G-Lab, all the companies are headquartered internationally (whereas in most of the companies from courses like M-Lab are US based). Also, there the culmination of the project is a 2 week trip to the actual company in country where you conclude the consulting case you have been doing the entire quarter.

GIM is a very unique and different class. First off, GIM is focused on a country rather than a company. The course during the term is usually lecture based (but often includes cultural and experiential components - like simulations, multi-cultural negotiations, etc.). Also, the student leaders of each trip create the curriculum in concert with the faculty adviser. Thus, usually each class session will be taught by a different professor (if your students are particularly good, like mine are with GIM Japan, these professors will be rock stars) and are often taught by Senior Executives from each country.

The GIM trip (which is the culmination of the GIM class) is a two week trip to the country. Typically, you will visit 6+ companies in country. Also, as part of the trip, you will do research for your GIM project (which is a group project on a topic of choice). This project is your typical academic research project rather than an consulting project.

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 215

Kudos [?]: 144 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2008, 16:54
Well no news today is good news I guess. Every time I click the website, it's like waiting for the GMAT score to pop up all over again.

Anyone hear anything?

Kudos [?]: 144 [0], given: 1

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2008
Posts: 127

Kudos [?]: 4 [2], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2008, 17:05
2
This post received
KUDOS
Steel wrote:
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
River I have a specific question. I was just browsing through the Kellogg website and had a doubt : Is the course Global lab similar to GIM ? Basically are they two separate courses or two names for the same course ?


So G-Lab and GIM are pretty different.

The lab classes at Kellogg (Management Lab - formerly known as LEAP, Venture Lab, Analytical Consulting Lab, and Global Lab) are essentially consulting projects in the framework of a class. You do a quarter long consulting case on a real company/non-profit and get the resources of your fellow classmates and Kellogg professors to help guide you.

In the case of G-Lab, all the companies are headquartered internationally (whereas in most of the companies from courses like M-Lab are US based). Also, there the culmination of the project is a 2 week trip to the actual company in country where you conclude the consulting case you have been doing the entire quarter.

GIM is a very unique and different class. First off, GIM is focused on a country rather than a company. The course during the term is usually lecture based (but often includes cultural and experiential components - like simulations, multi-cultural negotiations, etc.). Also, the student leaders of each trip create the curriculum in concert with the faculty adviser. Thus, usually each class session will be taught by a different professor (if your students are particularly good, like mine are with GIM Japan, these professors will be rock stars) and are often taught by Senior Executives from each country.

The GIM trip (which is the culmination of the GIM class) is a two week trip to the country. Typically, you will visit 6+ companies in country. Also, as part of the trip, you will do research for your GIM project (which is a group project on a topic of choice). This project is your typical academic research project rather than an consulting project.


Thanks Steel ! Can you also update me on some of the operation firms coming there besides PRTM , ZS associates ?

Kudos [?]: 4 [2], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4318

Kudos [?]: 765 [0], given: 5

Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2008, 17:41
Not recruiting for it but I know deloitte has a big operations practice. McKinsey also hires for operations. There are others I am sure...not to the level of strategy but there are operations jobs.
_________________

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 765 [0], given: 5

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2005
Posts: 283

Kudos [?]: 140 [0], given: 3

Location: Milan
Schools: Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2008, 03:12
River, please keep up posted with the rumours from Admissions there in Evanston, I'm not American but I'd like to be thankful too! :D

Kudos [?]: 140 [0], given: 3

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2008
Posts: 354

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Location: Texas
Schools: Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2008, 12:34
Hey guys,

Just submitted Part 1. On an average, how long does it take for the admissions office to schedule an interview?

Thanks,
_________________

Traffic never sleeps...

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2008
Posts: 278

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: New York City
Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2008, 12:49
I think it was about three weeks after I submitted Part 1 of my application that I was given an interview assignment.

Good luck with your app!

-Leverandon
_________________

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2008
Posts: 354

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Location: Texas
Schools: Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2008, 12:56
Thanks,

I hope its before that! I wanna plan my vacation around christmas and would want to get the R2 apps and self initiated interviews out of the way by then.
_________________

Traffic never sleeps...

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2008, 13:54
nadtrans wrote:
Hey guys,

Just submitted Part 1. On an average, how long does it take for the admissions office to schedule an interview?

Thanks,

Nadtrans - similar to what leverandon said. I heard back about 3.5 weeks later with the name of my interviewer. It took another 1.5 weeks though to schedule it...

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 31

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 221

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 0

Schools: The School that shall not be named
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2008, 14:00
nadtrans wrote:
Hey guys,

Just submitted Part 1. On an average, how long does it take for the admissions office to schedule an interview?

Thanks,


I think they wait for a certain time period after deadline for Part 1 to arrange for the interviews in R2. I remember many many people receive the interview email all at once.
_________________

明日やろうばかやろう

24 wrote:
Your East Coast bias is worse than ESPN.

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 105

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2008, 14:02
Mine took slightly longer to come in- about 6 weeks from the day I submitted part one, but I completed the interview just a few days later.

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2008
Posts: 127

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2008, 20:58
1
This post received
KUDOS
riverripper wrote:
Not recruiting for it but I know deloitte has a big operations practice. McKinsey also hires for operations. There are others I am sure...not to the level of strategy but there are operations jobs.


Thanks River !

I had my interview yesterday on the telephone. Questions were similar to the ones already mentioned here. After the interview i was told that i would get my result in January. So no early results this season ?

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 0

Joined: 31 Dec 1969

Kudos [?]: [0], given:

Location: Russian Federation
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 3: 740 Q40 V50
GMAT 4: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 5: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 6: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 9: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 11: 500 Q47 V33
GMAT 14: 760 Q49 V44
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2008, 03:14
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
riverripper wrote:
Not recruiting for it but I know deloitte has a big operations practice. McKinsey also hires for operations. There are others I am sure...not to the level of strategy but there are operations jobs.


Thanks River !

I had my interview yesterday on the telephone. Questions were similar to the ones already mentioned here. After the interview i was told that i would get my result in January. So no early results this season ?


The adcom member that interviewed me said they are hoping to start releasing decisions in mid-December.

Kudos [?]: [0], given:

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 25 Nov 2008, 03:14

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  21   22   23   24   25  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.