GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Aug 2018, 06:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 11:36
I had my Kellogg interview last week, there weren't any questions asked that haven't already been posted here. I definitely feel like interviewing on campus with an admissions officer (like I did) seems to have a different tone than the ones posted by off campus interviewers. It felt pretty formal throughout, and it seemed like my interviewer was really speaking "for" the school, as opposed to representing her own experiences.

I stumbled on a question about my leadership style, even though I had prepared for it, my mind went blank, but do think I was able to demonstrate my knowledge, fit, and excitement about Kellogg. Also, the weaknesses in my interview I think I expressed very clearly in my essays. My nerves got to me a bit.

If responses started coming out at the end of November last year, I guess we can't be that far away from hearing some early results.
Current Student
Schools: Yale SOM '11

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 12:12
If they've started phone interviews for the waived applicants then we are probably getting close
Current Student
Schools: Harvard (No Interview), Cornell (Accepted), Duke (Accepted), Northwestern (Dinged)

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 12:21
Application status says to check on Tues/Thursday between 4 and 5 central.

Something tells me some people will hear today in a few hours. Its a hunch. But my hunches have been wrong before (eg. the Angels were gonna win the world series this year, Madonna was gonna reinvent herself as a rapper)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Kellogg School of Management

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 12:30
Does Kellogg usually release admits before the final date?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 12:35
irishspring wrote:

Something tells me some people will hear today in a few hours. Its a hunch. But my hunches have been wrong before (eg. the Angels were gonna win the world series this year, Madonna was gonna reinvent herself as a rapper)

My understanding is that they call everyone, so is it possible to have "good news" on the website if you haven't received a call?

I would be surprised if they started making calls already. It is still pretty early in Round 1. If they truly don't start reviewing applications until they do the interviews, how can they possibly have enough time to start forming a perspective on the class with it being so early?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 12:55
Manbehindthecurtain wrote:
irishspring wrote:

My understanding is that they call everyone, so is it possible to have "good news" on the website if you haven't received a call?

I would be surprised if they started making calls already. It is still pretty early in Round 1. If they truly don't start reviewing applications until they do the interviews, how can they possibly have enough time to start forming a perspective on the class with it being so early?

Some people got the status change online before the phone call - but the phone call usually followed very quickly afterwards (this usually occurred for people who got the admit in the last few days of the round).
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 13:08
irishspring wrote:

I think it still might be a bit too early. Maybe end of next week they will start releasing decisions.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 13:25
Steel wrote:
Manbehindthecurtain wrote:
irishspring wrote:

Some people got the status change online before the phone call - but the phone call usually followed very quickly afterwards (this usually occurred for people who got the admit in the last few days of the round).

Right, then this basically makes checking the website pointless. If I get in, I'm getting a call. That takes some of the stress off. Now I can hang out waiting for an 847 area code to flash across my cell...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 13:38
Hey,

I will be applying in R2. Wht, in your opinion, are the chances of getting selected in R2 compared R1 (all else being equal)? I am working on my essays as we speak (at work) and will be soon submitting part 1.

Best of luck to the R1 applicants!

Traffic never sleeps...

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 13:39
Round 1:

ruthlessgravity
nomsg7111
Gil
ac8706
Madz
Leverandon
am111
GoBruins
bschoolguy
blueiceman
yellowjacket
cpgmba
happybunny
adcxaway
balki1867
maverick2011
Paradosso
zmfatla
sonibubu
jlola21
terp26
chitchat
Manbehindthecurtain

Round 2:

YihWei
nadtrans

Traffic never sleeps...

Manager
Manager
Schools: Georgetown '11

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 14:32
I was in for round 1 as well.

Why are people predicting decisions this week? I know Thanksgiving is late this year, but it seems like more than a week before Thanksgiving is a bit early. I wasn't expecting us to hear anything until the Tuesday after.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 14:48
Sleepy wrote:
I was in for round 1 as well.

Why are people predicting decisions this week? I know Thanksgiving is late this year, but it seems like more than a week before Thanksgiving is a bit early. I wasn't expecting us to hear anything until the Tuesday after.

I'm curious about this too. I wasn't expecting to hear anything until the first or second week of December...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 16:18
R1 applications were up 19% this year over last year.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 16:19
riverripper wrote:
R1 applications were up 19% this year over last year.

Any update on what the buzz around campus is on decisions? Any other inside information?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Booth

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 16:41
I applied R1 as well. Still waiting for an email for a phone interview (interview initially waived). Any ideas on how much longer they will be sending out these emails? I lose more hope with each passing day.

But good luck to those with interviews coming up!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 17:50
ruthlessgravity wrote:
irishspring wrote:

I think it still might be a bit too early. Maybe end of next week they will start releasing decisions.

Do decisions start arriving before the deadline? Admit and ding?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Kellogg School of Management

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 00:08
coadman wrote:
I applied R1 as well. Still waiting for an email for a phone interview (interview initially waived). Any ideas on how much longer they will be sending out these emails? I lose more hope with each passing day.

Hi Coadman- a friend of mine got one yesterday after giving up, so don't lose hope just yet. Hope it works out for you!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 00:24
coadman wrote:

No luck yet. Still waiting for an invite for phone interview. I think kellogg essays were my best, and I would be very disappointed if not interviewed...

Anyone from India got an invite after the initial interview waiver?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 00:58
Madz wrote:
coadman wrote:
Anyone from India got an invite after the initial interview waiver?

I think there was one person who mentioned he was in India and got a call. I am waiting too. I think we need to press the panic bottom only after Thanksgiving!! :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 02:33
From India. I received an invite after the initial waiver.
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! &nbs [#permalink] 19 Nov 2008, 02:33

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap