It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 08:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2008
Posts: 127

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2008, 13:06
Hey Guys !!

After the initial waver have received an invite for the telephone interview. Phew !!

Lets see how i perform. So guys just hang in there as they review your application you would receive invites as well.

Btw "ahembeea". Which part of India are you from and Where did you interview ? Can you please share your profile and the interview experience.

Fyi: I am from India as well so this information would be of great help.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Joined: 31 Dec 1969

Kudos [?]: [1], given:

Location: Russian Federation
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 3: 740 Q40 V50
GMAT 4: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 5: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 6: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 9: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 11: 500 Q47 V33
GMAT 14: 760 Q49 V44
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2008, 16:48
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hey everyone-
Just got back from my interview, I think it went pretty well. It was tough though, lasted about 45 minutes.

-Talk about your undergrad experience, if there was one thing you are most proud of about your experience what is it and why?
- Resume walk through
- What type of leader are you?
- What type of team member are you?
- Describe a failure either at work or undergrad.
- Why an MBA now?
- What is your ideal job?
- What do you do on the weekend?
- Tell me something about you that is not on your resume.
- Tell me about a highlight of your consulting experience.
- Tell me about a positive and negative aspect about consulting industry.
- What types of clubs at Kellogg would you like to be involved in?
- What differentiates you from the rest of our [insert large consulting company name] applicants?
- Is your career progression at [insert company name] fast or typical? (I stumbled on this one, because mine was fast but I wanted to sound humble and I didn't pull it off well, sounded WAY too humble LOL ugh - I did explain what the duration usually is so hopefully it wasn't super bad).
- If there was one thing you could do differently during your undergrad what would it be.
- What's your strength and weakness as a team member?
- Tell me about a time you had to movitate someone.

I wasn't asked short or long-term goals, but insinuated them throughout the conversation. Talked about leadership and teamwork *a lot*.

Ok now I have to detox.

Kudos [?]: [1], given:

Joined: 31 Dec 1969

Kudos [?]: [0], given:

Location: Russian Federation
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 3: 740 Q40 V50
GMAT 4: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 5: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 6: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 9: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 11: 500 Q47 V33
GMAT 14: 760 Q49 V44
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2008, 17:47
Also - she mentioned they are expecting a slew of applications for Round 2, but that Round 1 hasn't been too bad so far. They are hoping to start releasing decisions in Mid-December.

She also emphasized that just because there are more applications doesn't mean the competition has increased.

Anyway, all in all it was a nice talk. Anyone know if there is a TG next Friday? I'm hoping to go but my friend is leaving town for Thanksgiving and I'm wondering if anyone will be there.

Kudos [?]: [0], given:

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2008, 18:30
jlola21 wrote:
Also - she mentioned they are expecting a slew of applications for Round 2, but that Round 1 hasn't been too bad so far. They are hoping to start releasing decisions in Mid-December.

She also emphasized that just because there are more applications doesn't mean the competition has increased.

Anyway, all in all it was a nice talk. Anyone know if there is a TG next Friday? I'm hoping to go but my friend is leaving town for Thanksgiving and I'm wondering if anyone will be there.


Thanks jlola!! It was great to hear your recap and glad it went well :)

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 160

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 2

Location: Europe
Schools: HBS class of 2011
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2008, 18:33
Guys, maybe I'm missing something, so before I contact AdCom...

My status is "incomplete" although I have all the "ticks" in the materials listed/required (on "check status" page). I haven't sent official transcripts (instead uploaded scans), but Kellogg doesn't require official transcripts until admissions (at least that's what I understood). I have also already completed my interview.

So, am I missing any reason why my status is "incomplete" or it's normal and you have this as well?

thanks

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 40

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Location: India
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2008, 21:41
I guess you should call them up! My hubby had the same confusion, he sorted it out after a couple of discussions with the adcom there..

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 160

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 2

Location: Europe
Schools: HBS class of 2011
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 03:29
thanks. will do so

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 2

Joined: 31 Dec 1969

Kudos [?]: [0], given:

Location: Russian Federation
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 3: 740 Q40 V50
GMAT 4: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 5: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 6: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 9: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 11: 500 Q47 V33
GMAT 14: 760 Q49 V44
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 04:03
Actually - my status still says submitted. I was thinking that until I completed my interview it wouldn't be complete - but my recommendations are in, transcript is there, GMAT score has been sent. Do you think I should contact them? I had my interview last night.

Kudos [?]: [0], given:

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 04:05
jlola21 wrote:
Actually - my status still says submitted. I was thinking that until I completed my interview it wouldn't be complete - but my recommendations are in, transcript is there, GMAT score has been sent. Do you think I should contact them? I had my interview last night.


There's no harm in calling and asking about when the app goes complete...if they say it's after the interviewer submits his eval, then you might have to wait a week or two but at least you'll know then that your pieces are all in:)

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 110

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 15:53
Are any of you going to be at Kellogg for the Kellogg Preview Weekend. I would love to meet you.

futuredukemba (Current first year at Kellogg, I clearly chose Kellogg over Duke)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4318

Kudos [?]: 762 [0], given: 5

Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 17:34
futuredukemba wrote:
Are any of you going to be at Kellogg for the Kellogg Preview Weekend. I would love to meet you.

futuredukemba (Current first year at Kellogg, I clearly chose Kellogg over Duke)


This is the minority event coming up correct?
_________________

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 762 [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 61

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Location: Iowa
Schools: Wharton, Booth
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 18:03
Does anyone know if Kellogg admits anyone w/out an interview? I received the lovely interview waiver email & haven't heard anything yet from them in the way of a phone interview as others have.

Thx.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2008
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 18:27
I interviewed with an alum in Mumbai, India last week. It was a very conversational interview which lasted for 45 minutes, here are some of the questions which came more as a part of the overall discussion than one after the other.

- give me your raw material in terms of team work and leadership experiences.
- define the qualities of a leader.
- What inspires you?
- Whats your definition of success?
- What are you looking for from an MBA?
- What is your plan B?
- Why not other local MBA schools?
- How do you plan to work out the finances?
- How would the present recession scenario help Consulting firms?

I think the alum spoke more than I did, and he started discussing his experiences at Kellogg even before the interview was over and without being asked! Overall a good experience.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4318

Kudos [?]: 762 [1], given: 5

Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 19:13
1
This post received
KUDOS
coadman wrote:
Does anyone know if Kellogg admits anyone w/out an interview? I received the lovely interview waiver email & haven't heard anything yet from them in the way of a phone interview as others have.

Thx.


As far as I know 100% of admits get an interview. Dont worry still plenty of time for the phone interview request. They are far from done with reviewing applications, so they may not have even gotten to yours yet.
_________________

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 762 [1], given: 5

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 61

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 0

Location: Iowa
Schools: Wharton, Booth
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 19:30
1
This post received
KUDOS
riverripper wrote:
coadman wrote:
Does anyone know if Kellogg admits anyone w/out an interview? I received the lovely interview waiver email & haven't heard anything yet from them in the way of a phone interview as others have.

Thx.


As far as I know 100% of admits get an interview. Dont worry still plenty of time for the phone interview request. They are far from done with reviewing applications, so they may not have even gotten to yours yet.



Thanks, river.

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2008
Posts: 278

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: New York City
Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 19:31
I was just looking at my Kellogg status and saw this:

"As the majority of decisions are updated twice a week, we recommend checking the status on Tuesday and Friday, between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time. Please note the majority of decisions will be posted during the last several weeks of the deadline. "

Now, I imagine that most of the decisions will be released close to Jan. 7, but in practice how early do they begin releasing decisions? Do I need to be obsessively checking this site every Tuesday and Friday?
_________________

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 215

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 20:48
jlola21 wrote:
Hey everyone-
Just got back from my interview, I think it went pretty well. It was tough though, lasted about 45 minutes.

-Talk about your undergrad experience, if there was one thing you are most proud of about your experience what is it and why?
- Resume walk through
- What type of leader are you?
- What type of team member are you?
- Describe a failure either at work or undergrad.
- Why an MBA now?
- What is your ideal job?
- What do you do on the weekend?
- Tell me something about you that is not on your resume.
- Tell me about a highlight of your consulting experience.
- Tell me about a positive and negative aspect about consulting industry.
- What types of clubs at Kellogg would you like to be involved in?
- What differentiates you from the rest of our [insert large consulting company name] applicants?
- Is your career progression at [insert company name] fast or typical? (I stumbled on this one, because mine was fast but I wanted to sound humble and I didn't pull it off well, sounded WAY too humble LOL ugh - I did explain what the duration usually is so hopefully it wasn't super bad).
- If there was one thing you could do differently during your undergrad what would it be.
- What's your strength and weakness as a team member?
- Tell me about a time you had to movitate someone.

I wasn't asked short or long-term goals, but insinuated them throughout the conversation. Talked about leadership and teamwork *a lot*.

Ok now I have to detox.


Hmm I don't have answers off the top of my head for all of those right now. I guess that's probably the point. I'll probably end up talking about my cats if asked about something not on my resume! Did you do your interview on campus? I'm starting to get nervous.

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 1

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2007
Posts: 850

Kudos [?]: 99 [0], given: 1

Location: Chicago
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 21:04
Leverandon wrote:
Now, I imagine that most of the decisions will be released close to Jan. 7, but in practice how early do they begin releasing decisions? Do I need to be obsessively checking this site every Tuesday and Friday?


I think riverripper was the first GMATClubber to get an admit from Kellogg last year and I believe it was just before Thanksgiving.

Kudos [?]: 99 [0], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2008
Posts: 278

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: New York City
Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 21:15
Oh wow...that is very early. I guess the obsessive updating of the Northwestern status page on Tuesdays and Fridays will commence...
_________________

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 347

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 1

Location: Evanston, IL
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2008, 21:15
sonibubu wrote:
Leverandon wrote:
Now, I imagine that most of the decisions will be released close to Jan. 7, but in practice how early do they begin releasing decisions? Do I need to be obsessively checking this site every Tuesday and Friday?


I think riverripper was the first GMATClubber to get an admit from Kellogg last year and I believe it was just before Thanksgiving.


A lot came in the first two weeks of December last year. Don't worry about checking the website. Most everyone I know got their decision via phone if it was a good one (watch for unknown/blocked numbers come December).

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 11 Nov 2008, 21:15

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.