It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 19:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Booth
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 03:23
Gil wrote:
coadman wrote:
I applied R1 as well. Still waiting for an email for a phone interview (interview initially waived). Any ideas on how much longer they will be sending out these emails? I lose more hope with each passing day.

But good luck to those with interviews coming up!

Hi Coadman- a friend of mine got one yesterday after giving up, so don't lose hope just yet. Hope it works out for you!

Thanks, Gil.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 04:00
blueiceman wrote:
From India. I received an invite after the initial waiver.

Thanks blueiceman. Did you apply early?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 04:24
Madz, If you refer to our previous entries I think we all received the waivers at the same time. Dont worry too much, it all depends on when your application is read.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 04:37
So has anyone here given an interview after the initial waiver ? It would be great if someone can share their interview experience on the telephone as its a complete blinder till now...!! :)

blueiceman have you completed your interview already ? Was it a telephone one ?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Attending HBS

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 07:00
The Kellogg accepted.com chat transcript is finally up. Not much in the way of hints as to when they'll start releasing decisions, though.

http://www.accepted.com/chat/Transcripts/2008/mba11102008_kellogg.aspx
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 10:36
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
So has anyone here given an interview after the initial waiver ? It would be great if someone can share their interview experience on the telephone as its a complete blinder till now...!! :)

I got an email saying they would like to do a telephonic interview with me, after I was initially waived of an alumni interview.

A note though to those that are doing phone interviews, after I called up the adcom and asked a few questions, is to be aware that the phone interview the interviewer WILL have your file in front of him/her as you interview. This is different to the interviews that everyone receives in the beginning, where they interview you blind.

Again, not sure if that is a good sign or bad sign, since it could mean your application warrants a closer look and they are interested, or that they are interviewing you just to confirm the "ding" they had already decided.

One thing for sure though, regardless of what intentions the adcom has when doing these telephonic interviews, is that we have the LAST CHANCE to really shine and show what we can bring to the table.

So good luck to all of you! I really hope that everyone on the club get an offer....although that is somewhat greedy.. :-D
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 11:00
Now specifc dates but they are finalizing the packets and admitted student website. It doesnt sound like its going to be within the next week or so but I would not surprised if a few lucky souls find out around thanksgiving.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 11:02
riverripper wrote:
Now specifc dates but they are finalizing the packets and admitted student website. It doesnt sound like its going to be within the next week or so but I would not surprised if a few lucky souls find out around thanksgiving.

Oh wow...its really getting close now. I'm hoping that I'll have something to be thankful for next week!

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 11:59
Times like this I'm glad we have riverripper around. River, you heard before Thxgiving last year, correct?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 13:45
For whatever reason, I was a lot more confident about my chances before my interview. I definitely didn't blow it but I can't help but think of all the things I had wanted to say that I missed, and my ad libs weren't as smooth as I thought they would be. Now I'm even worrying about my GMAT score. I guess it's better to have confidence when writing your essays than after they've been submitted!

I can see the adcom in the room, passing my file around... it get's me all jumpy just thinking about it!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 17:22
boOmasta wrote:
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:

I got an email saying they would like to do a telephonic interview with me, after I was initially waived of an alumni interview.

A note though to those that are doing phone interviews, after I called up the adcom and asked a few questions, is to be aware that the phone interview the interviewer WILL have your file in front of him/her as you interview. This is different to the interviews that everyone receives in the beginning, where they interview you blind.

Again, not sure if that is a good sign or bad sign, since it could mean your application warrants a closer look and they are interested, or that they are interviewing you just to confirm the "ding" they had already decided.

One thing for sure though, regardless of what intentions the adcom has when doing these telephonic interviews, is that we have the LAST CHANCE to really shine and show what we can bring to the table.

So good luck to all of you! I really hope that everyone on the club get an offer....although that is somewhat greedy.. :-D

Thank you so much ! A couple of questions:

1) Did you have to call them up on the specified date and time ? When did you give the interview ?
2) Did the adcom tell you that they had their file in front of them ? else what made you feel so ? Did they ask any question from the essay ?
3) Who took your interview from adcom ? Do they introduce themselves during the interview because unlike other schools they do not reveal the names before the interview.
4) Can you list down the questions (I know a lot of questions have been posted, but your experience being the telephonic one would be great )
5) What was the overall experience like ?

I know lot of questions, it would be great if you can answer them :)
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg '11 (MMM)
WE 1: Engineer at a Food & Beverage Company
WE 2: Engineer at an Automotive Supplier
WE 3: Consultant at a Management Consulting Firm

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 17:46
Manbehindthecurtain wrote:
For whatever reason, I was a lot more confident about my chances before my interview. I definitely didn't blow it but I can't help but think of all the things I had wanted to say that I missed, and my ad libs weren't as smooth as I thought they would be. Now I'm even worrying about my GMAT score. I guess it's better to have confidence when writing your essays than after they've been submitted!

I can see the adcom in the room, passing my file around... it get's me all jumpy just thinking about it!

I was in a somewhat strange situation b/c I actually interviewed before I submitted my app. I actually modified my essays a little to address some things that I didn't like about my interview. I guess we'll see if my strategy paid off.

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature."

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 17:48
blueiceman wrote:
Madz, If you refer to our previous entries I think we all received the waivers at the same time. Dont worry too much, it all depends on when your application is read.

:) I know, I will drive myself crazy at this rate!

Last edited by Madz on 19 Nov 2008, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 18:03
I read in the BW forum that people do get in with an interview waiver...this guy says that he knows a Kellogg student who got in w/o an interview.

River, what do you think?

I think this is the link:-
http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=77118
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 20:04
Pretty sure 100% get interviewed whether its on the phone, by an alum, or on campus. They do phone interviews, ding people who they do that for...so I dont get how someone gets in without one.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 20:44
riverripper wrote:
Pretty sure 100% get interviewed whether its on the phone, by an alum, or on campus. They do phone interviews, ding people who they do that for...so I dont get how someone gets in without one.

Thanks for the clarification River. You are right, after all it doesnt take much to organise a phone interview!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 21:54
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
1) Did you have to call them up on the specified date and time ? When did you give the interview ?
2) Did the adcom tell you that they had their file in front of them ? else what made you feel so ? Did they ask any question from the essay ?
3) Who took your interview from adcom ? Do they introduce themselves during the interview because unlike other schools they do not reveal the names before the interview.
4) Can you list down the questions (I know a lot of questions have been posted, but your experience being the telephonic one would be great )
5) What was the overall experience like ?

I know lot of questions, it would be great if you can answer them :)

HI!

1. Yes I did have to call them to arrange a time for phone interview. As of now I still haven't completed my interview since it is scheduled in very early Dec :shock:

2. I specifically asked that if the Interview would be different, what information will the interviewer have on me, and the answer was that "please note that the interviewer WILL have access to your file". I do not see a reason why they wouldn't look at your file when they do the interviewing, especially to those with waived applications. (Since they read your file they will probably have points about your application that they want to be clarified, but this can all be my speculation...)

3-5. I can't answer you right now, but I'll definitely be back to post them after I complete the interview!

Good luck all!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Kellogg School of Management

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 22:26
Madz wrote:
I read in the BW forum that people do get in with an interview waiver...this guy says that he knows a Kellogg student who got in w/o an interview.

River, what do you think?

I think this is the link:-
http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=77118

I asked the dean of admissions when she was here a few weeks ago. She said they definitely do accept students who receive a waiver, however they will speak to them by phone prior to acceptance.

I got the feeling that If you get a waiver and are then invited to interview by phone, it means that upon reading your application they at least consider you a possibility for the next class.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2008, 07:21
Thanks Gil. If I am not wrong, you got called after an initial interview waiver? Is your phone interview done?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2008, 07:45
So has no one given a telephonic interview this year till now ?
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 20 Nov 2008, 07:45

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap