Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 19:32 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  107   
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink]
greenchicken wrote:
i just started lurking. i'm actually on campus right now -- my pre-app interview is tomorrow morning. anyone been on campus before? am i going to get lost?

All I can say is to rise earlier and get on campus earlier. The campus isn't huge, but considering the fog in the morning, as well as the traffic, you're going to have a harder time finding the right place. Having said that, I got there without knowing exactly where to go. I parked my car on the street and walked around. Then I found the undergraduate admission and asked for direction. I then found Tuck and was able to secure a parking spot right outside of the "Tuck" building. It's kind of hard to say if you're going to get lost, so the only advice is to probably get there early (just in case :-D ). Best of luck tomorrow!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
bakfed wrote:
greenchicken wrote:
i just started lurking. i'm actually on campus right now -- my pre-app interview is tomorrow morning. anyone been on campus before? am i going to get lost?

All I can say is to rise earlier and get on campus earlier. The campus isn't huge, but considering the fog in the morning, as well as the traffic, you're going to have a harder time finding the right place. Having said that, I got there without knowing exactly where to go. I parked my car on the street and walked around. Then I found the undergraduate admission and asked for direction. I then found Tuck and was able to secure a parking spot right outside of the "Tuck" building. It's kind of hard to say if you're going to get lost, so the only advice is to probably get there early (just in case :-D ). Best of luck tomorrow!

Where are you staying? Do you know the way to Tuck campus?

Once you reach Tuck, it should be pretty easy to find the admissions office. You can enter through Tuck main hall or through Byrne hall. Byrne is to the left of the Tuck main entrance. In fact, all the buildings on Tuck, including the dorms, are connected. So once you are inside, it's just a matter of roaming around. If you enter via Tuck main entrance, turn left and walk down the corridor and stairways. The admissions office is along your left, there should be a sign-board somewhere around. If you enter via Byrne hall, turn right, then turn right again (where Pepsi-Co dining hall is on your left). You will find yourself walking through an antique looking place with tremendously high ceiling. Just keep walking straight and walk up the stairs, the admissions office is somewhere to your right.

Hope this helps. And good luck for your interview and campus tour. I'm sure you will love it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
I love Tuck!!!!

I went to an info session in Toronto this evening and met Dia. She is the most awesome adcom I have ever seen. Other adcoms tend to give a standard response to questions. But Dia gave good straightforward answers and I really appreciate it!

You know you hear about it. You hear about it a lot. You hear great things and great descriptions about it. But you are never sure about it. Whether that it is a reality or a mystery. But then you meet "it" and you are convinced.

I am ofcourse talking about the Tuck alumni network. I mean just wow! They seem like such an awesome bunch. I had so many questions and they seemed pretty eager to answer. They also seemed very eager and easy-going. They all seem to have a very strong bond with Tuck. We were given a list of Tuck alumni to contact in Toronto and the list was huge with atleast 15-20 alumni. 3 of the 4 alumni present were from the same company. And no prizes for guessing how they got their jobs! I have never seen such an eager bunch!

Tuck goes to the top of my list!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I'm a big fan of prep. The night I arrived I located the preferred parking lot, tested the visitor parking notification number, measured the shuttle departure interval and drove the route from my hotel to the parking lot. Sounds kind of nutty actually, but I was the first one to show up in the morning.
I did go for dinner and a beer on Main St also, so that was nice :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
well it was actually really easy to find -- thanks everyone for the tips! the interview was completely low key so it's nothing to stress out about. everyone there is extremely welcoming -- probably the nicest people I've ever seen at a business school. it's too bad it was rainy but the campus is beautiful!

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Send PM
greenchicken wrote:
well it was actually really easy to find -- thanks everyone for the tips! the interview was completely low key so it's nothing to stress out about. everyone there is extremely welcoming -- probably the nicest people I've ever seen at a business school. it's too bad it was rainy but the campus is beautiful!

Happy to hear that the interview went well and that you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for sharing!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance and Strategy
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
I was up at Tuck for an interview on 9/21 and had a great experience. The class visit was for a managerial economics class and my interview was right after. The interview was totally conversational and relaxed. Tuck was a wonderful experience, I recommend checking out the campus.

I did hear back from my interviewer and the 'host'. If I can offer one piece of advice it would be to get there early.

My app and recs are in for the EA round and waiting to hear back!

Tuck School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 330 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Stanford (in), Tuck (WL), Wharton (ding), Cornell (in)
 Q50  V47
Send PM
jmcd2127 wrote:
I was up at Tuck for an interview on 9/21 and had a great experience. The class visit was for a managerial economics class and my interview was right after. The interview was totally conversational and relaxed. Tuck was a wonderful experience, I recommend checking out the campus.

I did hear back from my interviewer and the 'host'. If I can offer one piece of advice it would be to get there early.

Added to the roll call. Good luck to you!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Great post
Current Student
Send PM
Submitted for EA round... good luck all!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross '13
 Q48  V42
Send PM
bpenn wrote:
I'm a big fan of prep. The night I arrived I located the preferred parking lot, tested the visitor parking notification number, measured the shuttle departure interval and drove the route from my hotel to the parking lot. Sounds kind of nutty actually, but I was the first one to show up in the morning.

NICE! I'm flying out tomorrow for an interview on Monday and your post definitely is motivating to make sure I get there prepared...especially since they want you to be on campus so early! I actually visited the school earlier in August but that time I took a bus and didn't have a car. Now I'll have a rental and will need to pay attention to parking...etc. thanks! though probably wont be measuring shuttle departure intervals :D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mba2013 wrote:
bpenn wrote:

NICE! I'm flying out tomorrow for an interview on Monday and your post definitely is motivating to make sure I get there prepared...especially since they want you to be on campus so early! I actually visited the school earlier in August but that time I took a bus and didn't have a car. Now I'll have a rental and will need to pay attention to parking...etc. thanks! though probably wont be measuring shuttle departure intervals :D

Just make sure you have that parking phone number. A number of other applicants were getting tickets throughout the day so make sure to park in the right area and call that number.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Schools: Stern '13 (M)
Send PM
I interviewed on campus a few weeks ago. Go early and go to the parking/transportation office. I think in the Mckenzie hall building. They will give you a parking pass for visitors. It will allow you to park in front of Tuck if there are spaces (not likely) or over by the medical building which is about a 10 minute walk. A shuttle runs as well which drops off right in front of Tuck if you time things well. Only takes about five seconds to get the pass, if you go the day before they may give you the pass as well to save time in the morning.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SalarymanJ wrote:
I interviewed on campus a few weeks ago. Go early and go to the parking/transportation office. I think in the Mckenzie hall building. They will give you a parking pass for visitors. It will allow you to park in front of Tuck if there are spaces (not likely) or over by the medical building which is about a 10 minute walk. A shuttle runs as well which drops off right in front of Tuck if you time things well. Only takes about five seconds to get the pass, if you go the day before they may give you the pass as well to save time in the morning.

Or you can just park in any visitor space or parking lot, call this number 646-2204, leave the message with your make, model, color, license plate # and location you're parked in.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
jmcd2127 wrote:

do all interviewers write back? mine didnt :-(
i think it was decent....
Director
Director
Send PM
summitbid wrote:
jmcd2127 wrote:

do all interviewers write back? mine didnt :-(
i think it was decent....

This probably varies by interviewer. It's not uncommon for interviewers in the business world to not reply to thank you letters, so I wouldn't expect b-school interviews to be any different.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.34
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kind of random question. My better half has to do some work while I'm in my interview, and I see that Dartmouth has a campus wide wifi network... does it require a student login, or is it free and open?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  107   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts