Last visit was: 17 May 2024, 17:07 It is currently 17 May 2024, 17:07
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2013
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink]
carriedinterest wrote:

Thanks for this. Can you please post a link to the original source? I wasn't able to find it.

https://som-talks.som.yale.edu/forums/sh ... php?t=4791
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 3.48
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
hey everyone,

any new interview invites...

regards,
madzy
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [1]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
We have heard wind that Yale is still looking closely at the Rd 3 pool up to and including the March 17th deadline and have been helping numerous clients build applications for that round.

Beyond Round 3 though, we have noticed that Yale is not as common on a list of schools as we would have expected. It's probably one of the "most added" schools at AACG.

Today, in our blog, we examined why considering Yale SOM might be a good idea and a good long-term value play.

Check it out - https://educatedoutcomes.wordpress.com/2 ... -yale-som/

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools:Yale SOM
Send PM
I know I might be biased, but I have to say that this is one great blog post. :-D
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Expert Reply
Why thank you!
-PL
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
It seems like there are not many people doing alumni interview in this thread. I am located at the west coast and I already told yale to do so. Does it hurt my chance of admission? Anyone who had alumni interview can share the process?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
r2 applicant from india.

i received an intvw invite on 17th Feb. They have asked me to come to New Haven for the interview and if thats not possible write a mail to them and they'll make local arrangements. is this the same for everyone?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
atticus wrote:
r2 applicant from india.

i received an intvw invite on 17th Feb. They have asked me to come to New Haven for the interview and if thats not possible write a mail to them and they'll make local arrangements. is this the same for everyone?

Hey, i recd an invite too....Same stuff. I maild them back and they have set up a meeting in delhi on feb 21. Wat about you?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
mv2010 wrote:
atticus wrote:
r2 applicant from india.

Hey, i recd an invite too....Same stuff. I maild them back and they have set up a meeting in delhi on feb 21. Wat about you?

is that the final date..or do they ask you if you are comfortable with that date?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
atticus wrote:
mv2010 wrote:
atticus wrote:
r2 applicant from india.

is that the final date..or do they ask you if you are comfortable with that date?

It has been set-up. they gave me 2 options - feb 21 or 22. i think adcom is flying in.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
sunnymm2011 wrote:
It seems like there are not many people doing alumni interview in this thread. I am located at the west coast and I already told yale to do so. Does it hurt my chance of admission? Anyone who had alumni interview can share the process?

It's been asked before (and done before). Whether you interview with the members of the admissions committee, 2nd yr student or an alumni, it does not give you an advantage or disadvantage.
Stanford School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
mv2010 wrote:
It has been set-up. they gave me 2 options - feb 21 or 22. i think adcom is flying in.

The interview will be with AdCom. She will be doing interviews in Delhi and Bombay.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Investments
GPA: 3.5+
Send PM
Kudos
Just had my interview this week. My interview was extremely nice and we ended up having a good conversation. 30 min just flew by. Standard questions:

-Tell me about yourself
-What do you like about your job/what don't you like about it
-Why MBA
-Why Yale
-ST & LT career goals

The interviewer seemed really interested in "why"-why did I pick my major, first job, etc. So be sure to have good answers and explain the transitions on your resume.

Good luck, all!
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [2]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
Kudos
This thread is for questions about the application process only. There are numerous threads in the "Business School reviews" section of the forum that are more appropriate for the question you're posting: business-school-reviews-125/

My 2 cents: people seem to have a strong opinion either way before they actually enter a program. Once they're in the program, they quickly realize how little rankings really matter.

also, I find the argument used in the posting above to be quite humorous. The b-school at Yale has been in its current form, maybe 25 years vs. 50 or more for other schools like Darden, not to mention the fact that Yale is much smaller than Darden. Despite this - and the fact that recruiting is still strong at SOM - you still find the same redundant arguments every year around this time on the BW forum. You really need to have a strong stomach for BS (and I don't mean "business school"), or a strong desire to lose a few IQ points, in order to regularly read BW.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Duke!! (CBS-in, Texas-in, Yale-WL, Haas-R)
Send PM
Hey shadow, when I visited Yale SOM I loved it. People are entitled to their opinions about the program itself and the application process. I don't think one negative post about Yale from BW is going to deter applicants.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [1]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
Kudos
I agree, it's not one post, but historically, you have had threads filled with pages of blatantly wrong information on BW. Last year there were one or two guys making new screen names pretending to be Ted Snyder and posting about the school. I couldn't tell if I was applying to grad school or the 5th grade.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [3]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:NYU Stern - Class of 2013
 Q48  V44
WE 1: Nonprofit / international development (4 years)
WE 2: Consulting internship - MBB
Send PM
Kudos
Just to say that I had an interview last week and had a very similar experience to others on this thread.

My interviewer was exceptionally friendly and welcoming, and the questions were quite standard, along the lines of talking through my resume, describing short/long-term goals, how an MBA fits in, why now, why Yale SOM. I had prepared for some behavioral questions, just in case, but none were asked.

The time went really quickly and we were really pushed to squeeze it all in. I think she had some unanswered questions at the end of it (I drifted off topic a little when asked about one of my favorite things... should have been more focused I think but was maybe lulled into a false sense of security to some extent), and my questions for her had to be asked on the walk back to the admissions office.

All in all, I genuinely enjoyed it and felt like she'd understood a reasonable amount about who I am and why I'm interested in SOM in a very short time. The general feel was very much 'get to know you' rather than challenge/try to catch you out, which I appreciated, and I sense that they really are just looking to size up your personal skills and get a general sense of who you are as a person and how you might fit into the community, and then match that up with the more specific/in-depth stuff from other parts of your application.

The day's activities also went well enough, everyone else on the tour that day (this was my second time) was interviewing too, so I didn't feel out of place suited up and the interviewers themselves were also quite smartly dressed which was nice to see.

Overall, a positive day that enhanced my perception of SOM (although I was a big fan already). Whether it enhanced my application too, we'll just have to wait and see...!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  67   68   69   70   71  ...  101   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts