Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 00:50 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 00:50
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3070 [1]
Given Kudos: 157
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi Aximili85, welcome the gmat club community.

Believe me, you will have to give some reasonable time to gmat preparation, if you want some reasonable score. GMAT is a tough CAT exam & one needs to deliver his/her 100%. The community here is very helpful & tons of resources are also available.

I hope you would enjoy your time here. Best of luck & keep us posted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Send PM
hello everyone,

I am Aakash :) i am working for a mnc IT company, now preparing for GMAT.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3070 [0]
Send PM
Hi akashhongal, welcome to gmat club & best of luck for your D day.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Hello everyone!
Mahtab from Canada :D. I came to Canada from Bangladesh when I was nine years old. Currently I am 19 (turning 20 on August).

I want to do my GMAT since I've got free time and I absolutely love the type of questions in GMAT overall (a bit nerdy, I know). I had an internship with a fortune 500 company last summer and right now I am an intern for Canadian National Railway (Canada's biggest railroad company, almost like a monopoly). I am doing my undergrad in Civil Engineering and I hope to contribute at least a fraction of what I extract from this very resourceful forum!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi Mahtab, welcome to gmat club.

There are tons of resources available here. I hope you would find all the help from fellow members.

Best of luck & keep us posted.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 133 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Im relatibely new.. Came here just through google.. Am having a really hard time on gmat math section but i already feel supported here.. Thanks.. Mostly active on verbal cuz thats all i can do haha.. Math is really a pain in my ***
Good luck everyone
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi l0rrie, welcome to gmat club.

Best of luck & keep us posted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi, I'm Lauren. I currently work as an internal auditor for a mutual fund transfer agency. I would like to get my MBA with a concentration in non-profit organizations. However, I have a BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts), was not given a GPA due to the large number of Pass/Fail courses, and have not taken a math class since junior year in high school (almost 13 years ago).

Clearly, I have my work cut out for me. :lol: I am up for the challenge though! I would like to get a 650 on the GMAT. I took a GMATprep test yesterday and got a 550 (30Q 35V I think). I really need to work on all the concepts of math, but I think my goal is pretty attainable. I am also planning on taking some business-related math courses at a local community college to hopefully beef up my educational experience.

I don't know what schools I want to apply to yet. I have a lot of preparation to do before I can think about applying, but I figured joining here would be a good step towards getting the process started. Just waiting for my books to come from Amazon and I'll be ready to go!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Schools:Chicago, Duke, UCLA, Upenn
 Q50  V34
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking on the forums for a couple of months and have recently made the decision to puruse an MBA. I am currently a Risk Manager at a regional bank and this will be my second attempt at the GMAT. I last took the exam in 2007 when applying to a MS in Finance program. I scored a 700 (50Q,34V); however I plan to matriculate in 2013, after the 5 year GMAT score eligibility. Also, I am confident that I could do better on the verbal section, especially now that I've discovered GMATClub :).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello there Friends,
Just joined the gang. Hope to have good time here.

luv
Riya
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3689 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
smandalika wrote:
Hi ,
My name is satish. I have a bachelors in Computer science. I have about 8 + yrs of experience in the s/w consulting business. my ideal GMAT score would be mid 700's and considering my current scores (I scored a paltry 600 on my Kaplan assessment test), I have a long way to go. I love consulting business and would like to switch to management consulting from software consulting, not that I have any experience in it, but what the heck theres gotto be a first time. My ideal schools are Berkley , Fuqua. I would like to improve upon my verbal skills. SC in particular. Good luck preparing for GMAT guys. Lets all kick some GMAT butt

Ciao

Hi smandalika,
Welcome! I noticed you are interested in management consulting. Well, from a former management consultant, I recommend you read this article on the GMAT and how it relates to a career in management consulting.

SC is the easiest to improve in the short term. Reading may take a little longer---these RC videos may help.

Enjoy!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey guys,

I`ve been lurking for a while. After about 3 months of studying, about to take my first (and hopefully last) shot at the GMAT on Monday, June 6th!

I`m currently in strategy/management consulting, after having spent a couple of years doing M&A at a large Brazilian industrial group. Getting my MBA has always been one of my goals - let`s see how the GMAT goes so I can start thinking a little bit more about school selection.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 228 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:UNC Duke Kellogg
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.28
Send PM
Hey everyone..I have been reading the forums for the last several weeks. I just started seriously preparing for the GMAT. There is so much useful information here about study plans and strategies. It's really nice to see so many highly highly motivated people and of course thanks for sharing!
Given Kudos:
hi guys. i'm a undergrad senior (grad dec 2011) at a small (ranked) private university. i wasn't planning on getting a MBA degree until just recently..... totally screwed up my gpa from carelessness.. currently have a 3.2. really want to go to bu for ms/mba dual degree. i'm currently 22 and the college has said (verbatim) "the average age of students accepted into dual degree programs is higher." thus should i hold off on applying? ideally would want to go when i'm 25. when should i start studying for gmats? i'm horrible with math. went up to highschool alg2 and college statistics. thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Nice to meet everyone.

I found you guys a couple days ago in an Epiphany moment when I realized I could Google Kaplan questions I didn't understand XD I just started studying and am about three months out for my GMAT, target date Sept. 15th. Target score, 750. I've worked through a Kaplan book and took a CAT today, scored 580 (35/35)...ways still to go >.< but whatever.

Anyways, looking forward to meeting everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Abhi: 9
Send PM
Hi everyone my name is Abhi and i have started preparing for GMAT recently
my target score is around 750 . and i'm very sure GC will go a very long way in helping me to achieve that score

cheers :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
HI guys, I'm Alex. I'm currently hovering around the 600 mark on the few practice exams I've taken. My goal is to take the GMAT this coming September and to score a 700. Which means I'll be dedicated many many hour a week studying as I lead up to my exam date.

I'm 30 years old, I'm the marketing manager for an online research chemical company. My undergrad is in 'Behavior Science & Health' ... If you are confused as to what that is or what it does for you, you are not alone. I don't know myself. HAHA.

My undergrad took me MUCH longer than it should have, and my GPA isn't anywhere near where it should be. While my work experience has been good, it isn't GREAT. Conclusion: I reaaaally need to bust out an amazing GMAT score to supplement some of the areas where I lack.

Anyway, I'm very glad I stumbled upon this forum. Excited to learn and grow.

Alex
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  39   40   41   42   43  ...  66