Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 13:06 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 13:06
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
Best of luck Moscownights. Perhaps I'll see you at Marshall this fall! :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
moscownights wrote:
Hi Guys!!! I am your fellow USC FEMBA Applicant (R2) that got wait listed. I was wait-listed on April 6th. Since then I have e-mailed the Admissions with some updates regarding my application. The 1st update I sent, I received a thank you e-mail from one of the folks in the admissions. The 2nd update I sent last week, but have not received a reply. I am really interested in USC and it's program, so for now keeping my fingers crossed. I called the office to see what they were doing with the wait list and the person there told me that they will be looking to take off some additional people from the wait-list at the end of June.

moscownights,

Hope you get into USC by the end of June.

Same situation here since the end of May. Could you please give me a bit about your profile (GPA, GMAT, Work Exp...) Also, what extra information you've sent to USC since then.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DjProTek wrote:
Congrats Christopherc! That's a great choice to have. Are you leaning towards one of the schools? Out of curiosity, did you receive the acceptance over the weekend? Also, did you get a phone call or was it via email/on Applyyourself?

Very appreciate your Congrats, DjProTek! For a little bit better finance academics and more merit scholarships, I will probably decide UCLA.

Actually I got offers several weeks ago. UCLA called me and sent me an email, and we also can get the decision through application system. UCS just sent me an email.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted share my story in case it helps anyone gauge their expectations. I applied in round 2 for both programs. Got wait listed at USC on April 6 and dinged from UCLA a few days before the notification deadline. Didn't hold out much hope for USC, but called the admissions office to express my continued interest. On June 2, got a call from admissions telling me that I had been accepted! I paid my deposit and I'm set to join the class of 2014 this fall.

I hope this helps anyone on the wait list. Don't loose hope! And for those that are considering applying in the last rounds, its never too late to try.

Best of luck to everyone! Looking forward to meeting my fellow USC students this fall!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
LAMBA wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted share my story in case it helps anyone gauge their expectations. I applied in round 2 for both programs. Got wait listed at USC on April 6 and dinged from UCLA a few days before the notification deadline. Didn't hold out much hope for USC, but called the admissions office to express my continued interest. On June 2, got a call from admissions telling me that I had been accepted! I paid my deposit and I'm set to join the class of 2014 this fall.

I hope this helps anyone on the wait list. Don't loose hope! And for those that are considering applying in the last rounds, its never too late to try.

Best of luck to everyone! Looking forward to meeting my fellow USC students this fall!

Hi LAMBA,

Thanks for sharing, it helped me to not loose hopes.
Just wondering, what did you tell the admission office and who did you talk to? The reason I'm asking: it's really hard to get hold of someone who can really do something or give you detailed information.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
barista wrote:
LAMBA wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Hi LAMBA,

Just wondering, what did you tell the admission office and who did you talk to? The reason I'm asking: it's really hard to get hold of someone who can really do something or give you detailed information.

Thanks

Hi Barista

I don't remember the name of the person I spoke with, but I do remember telling them that USC was my first choice and it had always been a dream for me to attend Marshall. I asked if there was any additional materials that they needed from me, to which they answered 'No'. I also stated that I had pending plans this summer (getting married) and didn't want to be forced into making a decision where I would have to take myself off the wait list. I think the main point is to be sincere and let them know that you're still very interested in the program.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
LAMBA wrote:
barista wrote:
LAMBA wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Hi LAMBA,

Thanks

Hi Barista

I don't remember the name of the person I spoke with, but I do remember telling them that USC was my first choice and it had always been a dream for me to attend Marshall. I asked if there was any additional materials that they needed from me, to which they answered 'No'. I also stated that I had pending plans this summer (getting married) and didn't want to be forced into making a decision where I would have to take myself off the wait list. I think the main point is to be sincere and let them know that you're still very interested in the program.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

LAMBA,
Thank you so much for your prompt response.
Just one more question has left: Did the person you talked to ask and saved your information (First Name, Last Name...) and do you think that really helped your status?

Thanks again for your help. I'm sure you understand my situation and concerns.

Barista
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Barista,

I hope this helps if you have missed my earlier post.

I was wait listed too ... I spoke to sheryl on the very next day. I told her I would be open to OC campus too but fortunately they gave me LA campus.

I then sent a reply a email to admissions ccing sherly that why i was very interested in the program. I was recently offered a new job I told them about my new job and why i have decided to take it up.

I made my director of engineering write a strong recommendation for me which he mailed to admissions and cced to sheryl. I wrote my Gmat again and got 30 points extra. I mailed them twice asking about my admissions.

I felt I had a decent profile with good essays except my bad GMAT which is why i was in the waitlist I feel.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:UCLA, USC, Haas, NYU
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 2 years M&A
WE 2: 5 years Equity Research
Send PM
Noticed that FEMBA doesn't have a notification deadline up. For some reason I thought it was June 22nd, but can't remember whether that was on their site or if I had read it elsewhere. If anyone has an idea would you mind passing along the date?

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm also waiting to hear back from Femba.... From talking to admission at the Super Saturday, I remembered hearing that people who submitted their application before the original 4/27 deadline should get a decision by the old 6/22 decision dateline. If that's still true then people who submitted early should hear back in 6 days. Good luck to everyone still waiting. Hope we all get the good news.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
spattana wrote:
I'm also waiting to hear back from Femba.... From talking to admission at the Super Saturday, I remembered hearing that people who submitted their application before the original 4/27 deadline should get a decision by the old 6/22 decision dateline. If that's still true then people who submitted early should hear back in 6 days. Good luck to everyone still waiting. Hope we all get the good news.

I understand from the letters from Dylan that the class is 95% full and they are working on the last bit, so there is definitely some good news to still be distributed!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the info Dunchess, but that means only 10-15 seats left... ahh not looking good
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So we have all the R3 left overs and all the R3 Extension date applicant waiting for there luck when only 10-15 seats are left :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So I wanted to know if there is anyone who received a positive result on the final deadline day or there are only dings on the final day?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
nitinmohan wrote:
So I wanted to know if there is anyone who received a positive result on the final deadline day or there are only dings on the final day?

There are both admits & dings on the final day as well as prior to the notification date. Usually, the admit prior to the notification date comes by phone call and the ding is by email.

Good luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
BOOM!!!!

Just got the call from USC.PM (LA Campus).

Good luck to all the other wait-listers out there
Intern
Intern
Send PM
phoich55 wrote:
BOOM!!!!

Just got the call from USC.PM (LA Campus).

Good luck to all the other wait-listers out there

Hey Guys, Just got a call from USC folks (Kelly)!!! I am in!!! Los Angeles Campus. This is very welcome news!!! Good-luck to everyone!!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11