Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:26 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:All R2 - Booth(attending w/$), Kellogg(WL w/int then ding), CBS(ding w/int), Harvard(ding), NYU(admit), UCLA PT(admit), USC PT(admit)
GMAT 2: 710
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.11
WE:Corporate Finance (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
Guys UCLA FEMBA or Haas EWMBA. What will be the pick assuming the goal is general management (I am assuming both schools are equally good in GM)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Congrats on your acceptance, tryinghard :) You have a tough decision to make, but it's a win-win. You really can't go wrong w/ either program. I was in a similar situation. Long story short: after I didn't some more research on both schools, I found one that is a better fit. Good luck!

tryinghard wrote:
Guys UCLA FEMBA or Haas EWMBA. What will be the pick assuming the goal is general management (I am assuming both schools are equally good in GM)
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
socalmba wrote:
Congrats on your acceptance, tryinghard :) You have a tough decision to make, but it's a win-win. You really can't go wrong w/ either program. I was in a similar situation. Long story short: after I didn't some more research on both schools, I found one that is a better fit. Good luck!

Thanks... well I have not gotten Haas yet, but I am hoping for the best. I have to give the initial deposit for UCLA. which one did you choose and would really like to know the reason.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I will send you a PM w/ my answer :)

tryinghard wrote:
socalmba wrote:

Thanks... well I have not gotten Haas yet, but I am hoping for the best. I have to give the initial deposit for UCLA. which one did you choose and would really like to know the reason.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
waiting for round 2 UCLA FEMBA result
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Good luck, missionJmba :)

missionJmba wrote:
waiting for round 2 UCLA FEMBA result
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey everyone,
I'm wait listed at USC MBA.PM. Does anyone know if I should still apply for financial aid by the May 2nd deadline? Doesn't make sense to apply if I don't get in.... but still holding out on the possibility of a last minute call. Any help is much appreciated!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hang in there. Hopefully you'll hear some good news soon. If you have not done it already, you should at least fill out the FAFSA (https://www.fafsa.ed.gov/# ). I don't think that you should necessarily apply for any loans just yet. And if you are still unsure, you should call USC's financial official and ask them what you should do. Hope this helps.

LAMBA wrote:
Hey everyone,
I'm wait listed at USC MBA.PM. Does anyone know if I should still apply for financial aid by the May 2nd deadline? Doesn't make sense to apply if I don't get in.... but still holding out on the possibility of a last minute call. Any help is much appreciated!
Intern
Intern
Schools:UCLA, USC, Haas, NYU
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 2 years M&A
WE 2: 5 years Equity Research
Send PM
socalmba wrote:
Hang in there. Hopefully you'll hear some good news soon. If you have not done it already, you should at least fill out the FAFSA (https://www.fafsa.ed.gov/# ). I don't think that you should necessarily apply for any loans just yet. And if you are still unsure, you should call USC's financial official and ask them what you should do. Hope this helps.

LAMBA wrote:
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the reminder!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I applied to the MBA.PM program for round 3 (out of 4 rounds) and I received an email for a video interview a couple weeks ago, which I submitted. Did everyone else who applied receive this? I’m hoping for a decision sooner rather than later, it feels like I’ve been waiting forever.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbaapplicantsc wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I applied to the MBA.PM program for round 3 (out of 4 rounds) and I received an email for a video interview a couple weeks ago, which I submitted. Did everyone else who applied receive this? I’m hoping for a decision sooner rather than later, it feels like I’ve been waiting forever.

I believe so. I'm putting my video together tomorrow morning. Did a couple of test runs this week with the web cam. Really would have preferred doing something in person or over the phone.....oh well
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yep, I did the video. Seemed to help. Hang in there everyone. Hopefully you'll hear good news soon enough. Good luck :)

HeadedWest wrote:
mbaapplicantsc wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I believe so. I'm putting my video together tomorrow morning. Did a couple of test runs this week with the web cam. Really would have preferred doing something in person or over the phone.....oh well
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got an email on Saturday that FEMBA was extending its round 3 deadline to June 1st. Email said they have up to 100 more offers to still extend.

Imagine that has got to be a good sign for some of you sitting on the wait list.

Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied for R3 for UCLA FEMBA. I didn't do great on the GMAT; took it once and got a 600 (34 Q, 39 V, 6.0 AWA) I have 4yrs experiences at a chemical technology firm. I have BS & MS in Engineering (2.9 UG GPA & 3.6 Grad), solid recommendations and essays that tell a consistent story. My interview seemed to go okay. However, it was hard to be sure b/c my interviewer seemed somewhat confused and uneasy uneasy (I think it was his first time interviewing).

Can someone comment on if I have a decent chance of getting into UCLA FEMBA?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
jd31507 wrote:
I applied for R3 for UCLA FEMBA. I didn't do great on the GMAT; took it once and got a 600 (34 Q, 39 V, 6.0 AWA) I have 4yrs experiences at a chemical technology firm. I have BS & MS in Engineering (2.9 UG GPA & 3.6 Grad), solid recommendations and essays that tell a consistent story. My interview seemed to go okay. However, it was hard to be sure b/c my interviewer seemed somewhat confused and uneasy uneasy (I think it was his first time interviewing).

Can someone comment on if I have a decent chance of getting into UCLA FEMBA?

Hard to say but there's always a chance. The acceptance rate is around 40% so you have that going for you but your on the low end GPA & GMAT wise. Additionally, not to get you down or anything but our profiles are pretty similar (600 GMAT, 2.4 UG & 3.5 Grad(24 units), 6 yrs finance) and I was denied. You could have upside with your chemical technology work history as its a non-traditional field for FEMBA apps and/or your an under represented minority. Furethermore, it sounds like there's around a 1/3 of the seats left to fill. Best of luck to you.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Just got the USC video invite... Wooo hoooo!!!

Anyone have any pointers? From the samples on the website it looks like a lot of people are using fancy editing, including graphics, and star wipes, etc...

Figured I'd just elaborate on my resume/work history, re-iterate some essay material for consistency, and include the all important why question. Does all this sound about right or is it to bland/boring? Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
phoich55 wrote:
Figured I'd just elaborate on my resume/work history, re-iterate some essay material for consistency, and include the all important why question. Does all this sound about right or is it to bland/boring? Thanks in advance.

This is the way I went.

The instructions say treat the video like an in person interview so I scrapped a few of my more creative ideas and went with a straight shot. Went through my background and why I was a good fit for USC. Right or wrong who knows but 4 minutes is not that long...Its a difficult format but I think if you sound confident and show some personality it can't hurt.

Best of luck.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11