Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.3
WE:Programming (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Thanks. I wasn't given one last year and was given one this year. Of course, the interviewer was different. I didn't ask for one either of the times. So I am guessing then that it depends on the interviewer's individual preference/style whether to hand out a business card or not.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Hi guys,

Its really quite in here. Anybody got interview calls for round 2? Any interview tips from round 1 applicants who have gone through their interviews? Appreciate it!

Thanks,
Andy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Andy, check out the posts from last year and the year before that regarding what to expect in the interviews. Packet82's posts from last year are pretty helpful. All the best! Hope you'll get a call soon!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Berkeley EWMBA Blog: A Top-Ranked Part-Time MBA Program with Global Learning Opportunities
As the top-ranked part-time MBA program, we at Berkeley-Haas work hard to integrate global perspectives into our curriculum and community.

Our professors and students hail from around the world. Many more have traveled and worked extensively outside the US. Their perspectives inform and enrich the learning experience for everyone.

But let’s be honest, there’s no better way to learn how business works in other countries than by going there yourself. 

That’s why our Evening  & Weekend Berkeley MBA Program includes international opportunities like Seminars in International Business, where students travel to countries such as South Africa, China, and Turkey to explore culture, history, and business environments. 

In the International Business Development Program, students engage in a consulting project for an organization facing a specific business challenge. First-hand student blog posts will give you a glimpse into how IBD changed their lives and helped the organizations they worked with move forward. 

Here's a preview of a few of last summer's projects, which gave students the chance to:

Identify new market opportunities for the Peruvian Tagua nut;

Generate profits for products created by women saved from Mumbai's Red Light District; 

Deliver risk management guidelines for Ghana's Ashesi Unversity;

Study credit quality in China for Silicon Valley Bank.

These global opportunities are one reason people choose the Berkeley MBA Program. We invite you to find 11 more.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT Date: 05-15-2014
Send PM
With 9 days to go for R1 decision, the activity on this thread is really slow. Does anyone know what percentage of R1 applicants get an admit?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
haas-uc-berkeley-ewmba-2013-calling-all-applicants-143369.html#p1150689

That was Packet82's analysis. But I think the admit rate is lower than 66%, more like 50% if you got an interview call
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT Date: 05-15-2014
Send PM
Thanks Maalage!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FYI, there is the finaid chat today from noon-1pm: https://ewmba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/chat.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
andymann wrote:
Hi guys,

Its really quite in here. Anybody got interview calls for round 2? Any interview tips from round 1 applicants who have gone through their interviews? Appreciate it!

Thanks,
Andy

I submitted my application on January 19th and I was invited on January 22nd. The interview was on January 29th. My application status then switched to "File under review."
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
gmatgirl001 wrote:
With 9 days to go for R1 decision, the activity on this thread is really slow. Does anyone know what percentage of R1 applicants get an admit?

If it's anything like the past couple years, it's a pretty low percentage that get in R1. Most get deferred until the R2 decision date when most of the class is admitted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
It is quiet in here for R1 decision week. Anyone here that applied to R1 hear anything? I applied R1 and am trying hard to not think too much about it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissions will be calling the admitted folks tomorrow. So keep your phones on :) and don't forget to update this thread if you are in. Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
elfid wrote:
It is quiet in here for R1 decision week. Anyone here that applied to R1 hear anything? I applied R1 and am trying hard to not think too much about it.

If it's anything like previous years, you'll hear tomorrow afternoon.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Berkeley EWMBA Blog: Going the Extracurricular Mile at Berkeley-Haas Means Extra Value
Evening and weekend students here at Berkeley-Haas are either over-achievers or gluttons for punishment. On top of a strenuous academic schedule, demanding full-time jobs, and busy personal lives, many are up to their elbows in extracurricular activities—and loving it.

Take second-year student Ennis Olson for instance. He participated in six business case competitions before being on the winning team for the PG&E Net Impact energy ideation competition. Why did he keep trying? Because “each competition was an opportunity to collaborate with team members who brought a wealth of knowledge and experience to everything we did,” he explains.

Case Competitions
There are plenty of business case competitions right here on campus, like the UC Berkeley Startup competition and the Global Social Venture competition, sponsored by the Haas School’s Lester Center for Entrepreneurship. Or you can go farther afield, to something like the Kellogg Biotech & Healthcare Case competition, in which two teams from Berkeley-Haas placed in 2013. The first-place team included then-EWMBA student Yelena Bushman.

Clubs
Want to engage with entrepreneurs? Find out more about finance? Berkeley-Haas has clubs for all of those interests, and a lot more. Many clubs sponsor exciting conferences like > play, the largest student-run technology and digital media conference in the U.S., and the thought-provoking Women in Leadership Conference

Joining a club can be mind changing, as student Jack Song found out. “Getting involved with the Marketing Club changed my preconceptions about the consumer-product-goods industry. I enjoyed getting to know all of its facets through speakers and on Career Treks to companies like Clif Bar, Clorox, and Levi Strauss & Co.”

You can find a club that meshes with what you do on the job. “I work with a lot of entrepreneurs and venture capitalists, so being part of the Entrepreneurship Club was a natural step,” says Arvind Ravishunkar, MBA16, a corporate strategy manager at Fairchild Semiconductor. “I’m particularly excited to partner with the brilliant engineering minds at Berkeley.”

Or you can explore a sector far from your day-to-day. Second-year student Katie Pease, a facilities risk engineer at Lockheed Martin, worked on a research project for BERC (the Berkeley Energy & Resources Collaborative) on fracking. “That’s one of the reasons I’m here: to explore things I don’t know anything about," Katie says.

Speakers
Plenty of students tell us they learn as much outside the classroom as in. One reason for that is the amazing roster of name-brand speakers who come to campus, like Bill Hambrecht, Reed Hastings, Biz Stone, and Alice Waters. The Dean’s Speaker Series are streamed live, so you can watch even if you can’t make it to campus. Many other presentations are videotaped and can be watched later, including talks by Novartis CEO Joe Jimenez, MBA84, and Khan Academy founder Salman Khan.

You’re also welcome at presentations sponsored by Haas research centers and think tanks. The Peterson Series at the Center for Responsible Business is just one example.

Sound like too much fun? There’s actually even more going on. Take a look at life in our dynamic Evening & Weekend MBA community.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
Send PM
I am a re-applicant and submitted my application on Jan 20th.
I have not received any interview invitation yet. Application status shows "application complete".
This makes me really nervous. :roll:
Is there anything I need to do now? Or I just simply wait till April 3rd to either answer a happy phone call or receive a disappointing email?

BTW, I got an interview last year. Don't they just want to know what happened to me last year? :| :|
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It's still very early in the game for R2 applicants. The interview invites have just started to go out a week/10 days back. I am pretty sure more R2 interview invites will be lined up in the coming days ...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ronreapp wrote:
I am a re-applicant and submitted my application on Jan 20th.
I have not received any interview invitation yet. Application status shows "application complete".
This makes me really nervous. :roll:
Is there anything I need to do now? Or I just simply wait till April 3rd to either answer a happy phone call or receive a disappointing email?

BTW, I got an interview last year. Don't they just want to know what happened to me last year? :| :|

R2 interviews haven't started yet as far as I know.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  44   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts