Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:46 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GPA: 3.21
WE:Analyst (Retail)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.37
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross Weekend MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Weekapaug wrote:
MutatisMutandis wrote:
Did any of the admitted students have atleast some form of employer sponsorship? I am trying to gauge whether having so is heavily weighted?

I would assume it is not weighted whatsoever. In fact i dont even think i was asked that in interview.

Interesting, i assumed that employer sponsorship indicates a firm's belief in their employees candidacy and that would be seen as favorable by the adcom, also assuming that admission to the class is highly competitive. But i guess not.
Any one knows what the class size/ cohort size of the weekend program is? Numbers on gmat club suggest that last year, roughly 300 people applied, 221 were admitted and 170 enrolled. Is this correct? numbers on US news website shows the class admitted in 2014 had 90 students.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross Weekend MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
MutatisMutandis wrote:
Weekapaug wrote:
MutatisMutandis wrote:
Did any of the admitted students have atleast some form of employer sponsorship? I am trying to gauge whether having so is heavily weighted?

I would assume it is not weighted whatsoever. In fact i dont even think i was asked that in interview.

Interesting, i assumed that employer sponsorship indicates a firm's belief in their employees candidacy and that would be seen as favorable by the adcom, also assuming that admission to the class is highly competitive. But i guess not.
Any one knows what the class size/ cohort size of the weekend program is? Numbers on gmat club suggest that last year, roughly 300 people applied, 221 were admitted and 170 enrolled. Is this correct? numbers on US news website shows the class admitted in 2014 had 90 students.

while that is true in some cases, think of the diverse body of applicants. I don't know for fact, but I assume a lot of industries dont sponsor MBAs, like non-profits for example; and in my opinion that would not be a valid criteria to assess the strength of the applicant.

as far as size of class - i attended an info session, and they said it does vary year to year depending on the applicants. and I want to say (they said) last year was the biggest class they have ever had. So the discrepancy you are seeing could be accurate, 2014 had 90 students and 2016 had 170. I would expect on average it falls somewhere in the middle of the those two numbers.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Last years weekend stats

Applicants:161
Admitted:113
Enrolled:95
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Are the interview invitations sent out at any particular time? Based on previous responses, it looks like they were mostly on Fridays.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hello everyone! It's my first post, so please bear with me :)

Congratulations to all who got through and are starting their WMBA program at Ross this year. I am planning to apply by end of 2017 (for 2018 intake). Do any of you know if WMBA program qualifies for OPT/CPT privileges? I am an international applicant, currently a resident of Canada.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Snehamig wrote:

Congratulations to all who got through and are starting their WMBA program at Ross this year. I am planning to apply by end of 2017 (for 2018 intake). Do any of you know if WMBA program qualifies for OPT/CPT privileges? I am an international applicant, currently a resident of Canada.

Thank you!

Per my understanding, OPT/CPT is available only for F1 visa-holders (ie 'student' visa), and importantly, only after the completion of degree. The WMBA program is designed to cater for working professionals, so I am guessing F1 visa is not really an option. The websites for international students office for a number of schools provide a very detailed information on this matter.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
NinjaHEX wrote:
Snehamig wrote:

Thank you!

Per my understanding, OPT/CPT is available only for F1 visa-holders (ie 'student' visa), and importantly, only after the completion of degree. The WMBA program is designed to cater for working professionals, so I am guessing F1 visa is not really an option. The websites for international students office for a number of schools provide a very detailed information on this matter.

Thank you! This is good information.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
NinjaHEX wrote:
Snehamig wrote:

Thank you!

Thank you! This is helpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GPA: 3.7
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Invited to interview; application withdrawn.

Withdrawn Application on: 2017/01/27
GMAT: 710, Q51, V35
GPA: 3.7
WE: 76 months
Industry: Computer Software
Submited on: 2017/01/27
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Folks, I had my interview yesterday. Regular questions (simple ones, yet very important):
1: Why MBA? Why Ross?
2: How will you manage the course-load while managing a full-time job? Have you prioritized?
3: What's your leadership experience? What makes a good leader in your experience?
4: What are your professional accomplishments? Why are you proud of them?
5: Any questions for me (interviewer)

Here are my dates:
Application submitted: Jan 14
Application received (standard message): Jan 16
Interview Invitation: Jan 24
Interview: Jan 30

I must say, the interview was very relaxed. The questions were genuine and follow-up questions were thoughtful. I give full ratings for Ross's interview method!
All the best to people who are yet to do the interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Alright, I have one more date to add! Got the call from Ross this morning informing that I have been accepted in the program. So, Between interview and acceptance on Feb 7th, that's about 8 days of turnaround.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Just got the call from Ross, accepted to the weekend program!
I interviewed on 11th January but the interviewer told me that decision wont be expected till second week of February. I guess today is the day when they are calling candidates!
Best of luck for those who still haven't heard from Ross yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got a call from Ross this AM, Accepted to weekend Program.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hello Guys,

I received a call from Ross this morning informing I am in for 2017 weekend MBA program .I interviewed on Jan 19,2017.Not a long wait. I was told that they will take 4 weeks to let me know the final decision. Congratulations to others who received admits.

One quick question - Did any of you receive admit letter via email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
gmatcracker24 They told me they will send the admit letter by weekend.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Statistics, Technology
GMAT 1: 630 Q36 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Just received an invite to interview (app submitted on 1/22). Thank you to everyone who previously shared their interview experiences!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Interviewed last week. Standard questions: Why MBA, Why Ross, Accomplishments at work, How can you balance work/school load. Interviewer was hard to read. Not very conversational, just straight questions. Asked to wait about 6 weeks for the decision. Fingers crossed.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts