Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [2]
Concentration: Technology
GRE 1: Q165 V162
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Does anyone know how the scholarships work? Are they entirely merit-based? How could they be need-based, since we haven't submitted any financial disclosure forms (yet)? How does the program office decide on the amount of your LGO Fellowship (between $40k - $70k)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GRE 1: Q165 V165
Send PM
Kudos
ADC4 wrote:
Does anyone know how the scholarships work? Are they entirely merit-based? How could they be need-based, since we haven't submitted any financial disclosure forms (yet)? How does the program office decide on the amount of your LGO Fellowship (between $40k - $70k)?

It's purely merit based. Everyone gets an LGO fellowship as long as you're not constrained to return to your existing company. You're further considered for LGO specific and MIT wide awards in March and April.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Other
GPA: 3.89
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
For those of you with early decisions, let us know the outcome! Good vibes to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hopeful2018 wrote:
For those of you with early decisions, let us know the outcome! Good vibes to everyone!

I don't actually know if they'll end up telling me early (but fingers crossed!). Because of where I'm based, I see all of the emails from the states when I wake up in the morning - I keep hoping I'll have something from LGO, but alas, thus far, only shopping spam haha.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
ADC4 wrote:
GradQueen wrote:
Hopeful2018 wrote:

Did they tell you when you would know by? You'll have to let us know what you decide to do if admitted! Do you know if you'll take the LGO position or Stanford position if offered both?

They said 2-3 weeks from the interview so I am expecting to know by 21st Feb at the latest. Its 50-50 right now if I am offered both. At this moment, Stanford is pragmatic while MIT is allure.

My interview went pretty well I'd say. But after my Stanford interview, I was pretty confident cz I planned and it went according to plan. As for the MIT interview, I am not sure what will happen but it was damn fun. The interviewer told me an interesting stat, at least 2 LGOs marry while in class after I told her I'm engaged. She also told me I'm on the lower end of the age and experience of the applicant pool.

So far all I know is if I get into SoE but not LGO, I will run to Stanford. If I get LGO, I will have to deal with the dilemma I have tried to avoid so far.

They said you'd be one of the youngest LGOs? How old are you (if you don't mind me asking)?

I'll be 25 when class starts.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Anyone know which Engineering Dept. typically awards the highest scholarship or is it tied to skills match of partner company? If so how much does EECS typically give?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NovDjokovic wrote:
Anyone know which Engineering Dept. typically awards the highest scholarship or is it tied to skills match of partner company? If so how much does EECS typically give?

A current student told me that Aero/Astro usually gets the most $, but that no one he knew (across other depts) received below $50k. No idea what EECS gets.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I should probably just get this out of the way. I received an email saying that I'm not on the short list for admission, so ding for me I guess. Best of luck to everyone else in the next two weeks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GRE 1: Q168 V163
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Kudos
Maybe its not as bad as you think. Is it worded as a ding or "we just can't say yes now, but might say yes on march 3"? I always like to look at the glass half full.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
banjolaptops wrote:
Maybe its not as bad as you think. Is it worded as a ding or "we just can't say yes now, but might say yes on march 3"? I always like to look at the glass half full.

She basically ended the email by saying best of luck in my future endeavors. I'm gonna go with 95% chance of a ding, 5% chance of hope. I'm disappointed but it'll be ok.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GRE 1: Q168 V163
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Kudos
I know its coming from a stranger on the internet, but for what it is worth I'm sorry to hear it. I met a lot of great people at InterviewFest, and shocked anyone wouldn't be admitted. Whoever you are I am sure there are great things in front of you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [1]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Kudos
ChemEng2013 wrote:
banjolaptops wrote:

She basically ended the email by saying best of luck in my future endeavors. I'm gonna go with 95% chance of a ding, 5% chance of hope. I'm disappointed but it'll be ok.

really sorry to hear about this. I wish you luck. I hope HBS works our for you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yas2017 wrote:
ChemEng2013 wrote:
banjolaptops wrote:

Thank you to you both. Who knows, maybe there's still possibly the MBA program if not necessarily LGO. I'd still happily go, so it's probably best to reach out so they know that I'm not wallowing (even if I'm currently wallowing a bit...)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ChemEng2013 wrote:
Yas2017 wrote:
ChemEng2013 wrote:
[quote="banjolaptops"]Maybe its not as bad as you think. Is it worded as a ding or "we just can't say yes now, but might say yes on march 3"? I always like to look at the glass half full.

Thank you to you both. Who knows, maybe there's still possibly the MBA program if not necessarily LGO. I'd still happily go, so it's probably best to reach out so they know that I'm not wallowing (even if I'm currently wallowing a bit...)[/quote]

I'm so sorry to hear that things didn't work out this time, but I agree with the others that there are bright things ahead for you :)

Thank you again for sharing valuable details about your interview process; you really helped us understand and prepare for what was ahead.

Best of luck in the future!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
ChemEng2013 wrote:
banjolaptops wrote:

**** dude, I'm sorry to hear. Did you get this email because you asked for early feedback? Or do you think it was part of some mass email to people who got chopped?

If we both ever reach Boston I need to buy you a beer because your tips on LGO interview was awesome. Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GRE 1: Q165 V165
Send PM
ChemEng2013 wrote:
banjolaptops wrote:

;( Sad to hear that ChemEng! Your tips on what to prep for the interview were invaluable. I also requested an early decision and heard back early last week. Nevertheless, *fingers crossed* for 3/3!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nullibicity wrote:
ChemEng2013 wrote:
banjolaptops wrote:

;( Sad to hear that ChemEng! Your tips on what to prep for the interview were invaluable. I also requested an early decision and heard back early last week. Nevertheless, *fingers crossed* for 3/3!

You also heard back last week? Was it good news?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  34   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts