Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:45 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Other
GPA: 3.89
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Hopeful2018 wrote:
\(\)
ADC4 wrote:
So who's going to the social events on 1/26, 1/27, 1/28 and 1/29 (re: the email that was just sent out).

I'm planning on attending all except 1/29. Can't wait to meet everyone!

I will be there. My plane gets in at 4:30 a.m. on the 26th. I won't be doing things on 1/29, but my return flight leaves 1/31. Going to look around at a few housing options and things. Super excited!

Housing options? Now that's confidence! ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hopeful2018 wrote:
\(\)
ADC4 wrote:
So who's going to the social events on 1/26, 1/27, 1/28 and 1/29 (re: the email that was just sent out).

I will be there. My plane gets in at 4:30 a.m. on the 26th. I won't be doing things on 1/29, but my return flight leaves 1/31. Going to look around at a few housing options and things. Super excited!

Just take ashdown its the best! Sid-pac would be a close second. Its much more cost efficient to live on campus than off it. My fiance went to MIT for his MS. Unfortunately, I am not attending any events. Just going to do my interview and be on my way. At this point sadly for me, MIT knows I have been accepted to Stanford and am considering it and even though they still encouraged me to interview, I don't know if it will work for me or against me. But I guess I can be a little more bold at the interview and ask certain questions I wouldn't have otherwise.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ADC4 wrote:
Hopeful2018 wrote:
\(\)
ADC4 wrote:

Housing options? Now that's confidence! ;)

Haha! Trying to! :) I'm looking mostly for my wife and our young kids we have. Trying to be proactive. ;) If I get accepted she'll come out with me and we'll look around again, but I'm trying to get a feel for things.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Any interview tips and questions from this year and past years (other than what harshdane already posted)? Any resources appreciated - websites, blogs etc.

Thanks!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Given Kudos: 611
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Project Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

1. Does anyone know how the LGO interview differs from the regular Sloan interview?
2. Does anyone have names of the potential interviewers?
3. Does anyone have insights about the LGO interview?

Thanks for your help :)
Best
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
AlexGenkins1234 wrote:
Hi Guys,

1. Does anyone know how the LGO interview differs from the regular Sloan interview?

Best

If you go a few posts back in this thread, someone mentioned some standard questions. I also found the interview reports from clearadmit.com pretty helpful for the type of behavioral questions that MIT will ask. It doesn't seem like the LGO interviews are greatly different than the Sloan ones - that said, you will likely need to be able to touch on more technical experience, be able to explain why LGO, and discuss potential partner company choices.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ChemEng2013 wrote:
AlexGenkins1234 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Best

If you go a few posts back in this thread, someone mentioned some standard questions. I also found the interview reports from clearadmit.com pretty helpful for the type of behavioral questions that MIT will ask. It doesn't seem like the LGO interviews are greatly different than the Sloan ones - that said, you will likely need to be able to touch on more technical experience, be able to explain why LGO, and discuss potential partner company choices.

Ya, it's been mentioned several times on this thread. I think the only one who has interviewed before was harshadrane. He gave some good advice, but I don't want to go back and repost my same post.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
*bites nails* My essay is in!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ChemEng2013 wrote:
*bites nails* My essay is in!

Same!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ADC4 wrote:
ADC4 wrote:
GradQueen wrote:
I believe nothing happens for a few days now... still the 17 spots?

16 spots now

12 spots now

3 spots now
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just a head's up to everyone - I received a reminder email about my interview with my interviewer's name. It's likely you'll receive something similar about two days prior to your interview (though it may be different for the people attending InterviewFest).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ChemEng2013 wrote:
Just a head's up to everyone - I received a reminder email about my interview with my interviewer's name. It's likely you'll receive something similar about two days prior to your interview (though it may be different for the people attending InterviewFest).

Thanks for letting us know what to expect, and good luck with your interview!

Is your interviewer a Sloan admissions officer, LGO admissions officer or someone else?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ADC4 wrote:
ChemEng2013 wrote:

Thanks for letting us know what to expect, and good luck with your interview!

Is your interviewer a Sloan admissions officer, LGO admissions officer or someone else?

She appears to be a Sloan admissions officer but has previously worked specifically with the LGO program. More updates after the interview on Tuesday (your time)!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GRE 1: Q168 V163
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Just submitted my essay, look forward to meeting you all this weekend. Safe travels, and best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
Send PM
Kudos