Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:54 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [2]
Send PM
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2019(March 2018 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
aroon31400 wrote:
Hi guys,

I am Arun from India. 5 yrs wok ex. now in the consulting industry. with a gmat of 710 and CGPA of 3.4
i am applying for the next deadline. i am a little skeptical because we get only one year work p[ermit post the mba.
is it worth the risk from an international students perspective who is looking for a longterm stay in canada.

what are the career oppourtunities for an international student graduating from IVEY

Hi Arun,
You have a good profile, hope you get in. This is a slight disadvantage to Ivey or any 1 year MBA program. But it will not affect you at all. If you're looking to stay long term in Canada, you have obviously looked at immigration laws. And after graduating from Ivey you will apply for PR under Express Enter or Provincial Nominee Program. In all likelihood you will get your PR before your work permit expires. Further, if for any reason your PR is delayed (but you have applied for it) and have a job you will get a bridge visa to continue living and working in Canada. Hope this answers your concerns. Look up https://www.cic.gc.ca for more details.

As for career opportunities for an International Student from Ivey. They are the same for Ivey as they are for Rotman and Schulich grads, if not better.

Best,
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [1]
Send PM
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2019(March 2018 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
parameshkk wrote:
I had a query with respect to the reference email sent to my referee. My referee informed me that there was a space for entering the signature at the bottom of the online form. I am confused as to how can the referee enter his signature in an online form. Also, there is no place to upload a scanned image of the sign. Please help me on this.

Hi,
That space is mainly left for those recommenders that send their LOR in hardcopy. If your recommender is filling up the form and sending it via email just ask him to write his name there and it should be fine.

Best,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all the posts, it is really helpful. It makes it easy to complete the admission process by sharing experiences with each other. I am preparing my application from last couple of months, I am at the stage of completing my essays. My profile is below, I would appreciate if you could give your input on my chances of acceptance into Ivey

Bachelors Degree = BBA with 3.4 GPA
IELTS = 7.0
Work Experience = 8 Years in total ( 6 Years in Afghanistan and 2 Years in Canada). I am already Permanent Residence in Canada, do they
consider my experience in Afghanistan
GRE Exam Date = 25 September, What is the average score in order to be competitive

Going to submit my application for R4

thank you
Director
Director
Send PM
nsb58 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all the posts, it is really helpful. It makes it easy to complete the admission process by sharing experiences with each other. I am preparing my application from last couple of months, I am at the stage of completing my essays. My profile is below, I would appreciate if you could give your input on my chances of acceptance into Ivey

IELTS = 7.0
Work Experience = 8 Years in total ( 6 Years in Afghanistan and 2 Years in Canada). I am already Permanent Residence in Canada, do they
GRE Exam Date = 25 September, What is the average score in order to be competitive

thank you

Hi there,

You have good work ex. And why wouldn't Ivey consider your work ex of 6 years in Afghanistan ? Is there something specific you want to ask here?
As for your target score, look at the average GMAT score and target that in the least. If you're Indian or Chinese origin maybe go for 20-30 points above average (700+). You're getting late maybe you wanna advance your exam date.
Let me know if you would like to discuss your profile over a call. Hope this helps.

Best,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
EduSimplified Thank you so much for the quick revert!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Deep,

Thank you for your reply, the reason I asked this question is because one of my friend had a bad experience in one of UK universities - They did not accept his work experience. However, I sent my profile/resume for evaluation to Ivey and they have replied back " I have the potential ".
I am applying for R4 as a domestic student and the deadline is November 13, 2017, my exam is on 25th September. I will have one month to get my result and submit my result. Or Am I wrong regarding deadline?

thank you

EduSimplified wrote:
nsb58 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

IELTS = 7.0

thank you

Hi there,

You have good work ex. And why wouldn't Ivey consider your work ex of 6 years in Afghanistan ? Is there something specific you want to ask here?
As for your target score, look at the average GMAT score and target that in the least. If you're Indian or Chinese origin maybe go for 20-30 points above average (700+). You're getting late maybe you wanna advance your exam date.
Let me know if you would like to discuss your profile over a call. Hope this helps.

Best,
Director
Director
Send PM
nsb58 wrote:
Hi Deep,

Thank you for your reply, the reason I asked this question is because one of my friend had a bad experience in one of UK universities - They did not accept his work experience. However, I sent my profile/resume for evaluation to Ivey and they have replied back " I have the potential ".
I am applying for R4 as a domestic student and the deadline is November 13, 2017, my exam is on 25th September. I will have one month to get my result and submit my result. Or Am I wrong regarding deadline?

thank you

Best,
[/quote]

Hi there,
It is always good to clarify directly from adcoms. It leaves no room for doubt. Your timeline seems fine with enough room to prepare a good application. When I said you might be getting late was generally speaking - the earlier round you apply in the better chance you have of getting in. Good Luck !

Best,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Anyone heard back regarding any more acceptances?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
goingforthatmba wrote:

I applied within R2 deadline. So still waiting. I think 3 weeks is the time line if I am not wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
sidiitm2004 wrote:
goingforthatmba wrote:

I applied within R2 deadline. So still waiting. I think 3 weeks is the time line if I am not wrong.

Did you already interview or just recently finished applying?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
goingforthatmba wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:
goingforthatmba wrote:

Did you already interview or just recently finished applying?

Only applied. Haven't got an interview call yet.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, just want to share my blog. You might be able to get some tips for the transition process to Canada. I've also included a set of Pre-MBA books to read. https://wondersuite.blogspot.com
Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sheiquiroga wrote:
Hi, just want to share my blog. You might be able to get some tips for the transition process to Canada. I've also included a set of Pre-MBA books to read. https://wondersuite.blogspot.com
Thank you!

Hey guys. Any news yet? I have applied just around the round 2 deadline. Haven't heard anything yet. I thought 4 weeks was the timeline for a decision.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
sidiitm2004 wrote:
sheiquiroga wrote:
Thank you!

Hey guys. Any news yet? I have applied just around the round 2 deadline. Haven't heard anything yet. I thought 4 weeks was the timeline for a decision.

Got an interview invite. Any tips? What questions do they ask?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi sidhi,

when you give your interview, please do share your experience with us too? I am also preparing my application

sidiitm2004 wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:
sheiquiroga wrote:
Thank you!

Got an interview invite. Any tips? What questions do they ask?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Ivey '19
Send PM
sidiitm2004
nsb58

Congratulations on the interview invite, guys! I've recently been admitted, and am happy to help.

1) The interview is a dialogue, so please have some questions ready for the interview panel as well.
2) Be yourself, and 'know your why's' !
3) the questions will be based off your application, essays and resume, so be throughly prepared with data points.

All the best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi udaibir
Thanks for the help

udaibir wrote:
sidiitm2004
nsb58

Congratulations on the interview invite, guys! I've recently been admitted, and am happy to help.

1) The interview is a dialogue, so please have some questions ready for the interview panel as well.
2) Be yourself, and 'know your why's' !
3) the questions will be based off your application, essays and resume, so be throughly prepared with data points.

All the best.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts