It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 03:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2019(March 2018 intake): Calling all Applicants

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 25

Concentration: Technology
Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 4
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2019(March 2018 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2017, 02:58
Hi,

When they say transcripts, does one need to upload all semester marksheets pdf + degree pdf , or only the degree pdf ?

Secondly, is a PR application a pre-requisite to apply ?

Thanks,

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Other (Other)
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2019(March 2018 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2017, 08:58
harsitgandhi wrote:
Hi there everyone.

@David:Congrats on the admit, seems you are the 1st admit(probably in the cohort).

I had my interview 2 weeks back and eagerly waiting for the result.

Anyone in the same boat as me???

Thanks... and close to it. When I received the call from Ivey, I was told that I was the second person to be admitted.

I would guess that the committee is dealing with a large volume of applications at the moment, given that the Round 1 deadline is approaching. Best of luck with your decision.

NitinCFA2017 wrote:
Hi,

I took the video essays today and I think I didn't perform that good. The questions were normal though. Does anyone know what weight this component carries?

My guess is that the video essays would be significantly less important than other factors (WE, GMAT, GPA, leadership experience, career goals, etc). What I can say for certain is that Ivey looks at applications holistically, and a single weakness in your application will not cost you admission if they see you as a good fit for the program.

Using myself as an example, I have a horrible undergraduate academic profile. But I also have a good leadership experience, a decent GMAT, a very compelling reason for doing an MBA, and exceptional work experience. During my interview, I was never even questioned about my poor previous academic performance (although I was extremely fortunate in that the second essay question was perfectly suited to addressing my undergraduate experience).

In short, if you are confident in the rest of your profile, I wouldn't be too worried. I don't think that the video essays will make or break your application.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Schools: Ivey '19
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2017, 19:19
Hi everyone
Any ideal what I should be expecting from the video essay question? I intend to submit the application tomorrow.
Thanks

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern

Schools: Ivey '19
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2017, 19:22
Hi everyone
Any ideal what I should be expecting from the video essay question? I intend to complete and submit my application before R1 deadline.
Thanks

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 36

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2017, 22:46
tpapa29 wrote:
Hi everyone
Any ideal what I should be expecting from the video essay question? I intend to complete and submit my application before R1 deadline.
Thanks

Well the questions are very generic and with a simple google you may find samples. Also I suppose Ivey will give you a trial run question to warm you up. I recommend practising a lot so that you get comfortable with recording yourself on video. Make sure you dress business formals and that your body language is good. Also, enunciate and articulate your thoughts in an organised manner. Good Luck.

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 36

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2017, 11:58
Well I can't seem to submit my application. For some reason I can't fill in the video essay completion date even though I finished the video essays. Anyone have a similar problem?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Other (Other)

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2017, 12:21
DealMonkey wrote:
Well I can't seem to submit my application. For some reason I can't fill in the video essay completion date even though I finished the video essays. Anyone have a similar problem?

I had the same issue. This is what worked for me.

Scroll to the bottom of the video essay page on your Ivey application and click "Next Page" or "Next" (whatever it says). This should automatically fill in the box with the date that you completed the essays.

Best of luck.

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Technology
Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2017, 00:08
DealMonkey wrote:

Please check your registered email id. You must have received a mail from Kira. Check the button in it. Date should show up then.

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3702 [0], given: 2420

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2017, 06:10
Reposting here a post made by previous Ivey applicant summarising his/her opinions on Ivey's MBA program. For complete discussion visit this thread.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-about-ri ... 48594.html

sdas wrote:
As much as I am inclined to Ivey 1 year intensive MBA program, for my research details I gathered, as below, I also have some unexplored fronts which needs specific and further detailing.

Going past the admission criteria, which reveals an average GMAT score of 713 and above added to strong GPA of 3.31, this school is rated highly in Canada for valid reasons as below:

1. Its curriculum is mostly CASE STUDY focused, unusually high and unique.
2. Also it focuses on CROSS ENTERPRISE LEADERSHIP - very effective approach well tailored in 1 year curriculum
3. Course is of 1 year - most suited for people like me, who does not fall in the usual age and experience requirement column of MBA applicants
4. Its ALUMNI networking outperforms most Canadian business schools - (not sure about top US schools)
5. Its class size varies between 130 - 165, comparatively smaller (Queen's is least) - something of importance to me
6. On an average about 59% students get scholarships - very important for me, since I have to self fund my education
7. London, from what I found, is comparatively cheaper in terms of expenses, unlike Toronto (I am also considering UT for application)
8. Very strong in IBanking/Consulting - following employment reports, almost 25% accounts for Financial and Consulting placements
9. Lead areas of specialization, Entrepreneurship, General Management, Leadership and Finance (here is a catch, as per reports, UT has outperformed UWO in many areas, Strategy I mention in particular)
10. Career Management - very focused group that is in action right from the beginning (of all things, I must also aim for good placement)
11. Opportunity cost works out well (at least for me)
12. Scholarships vary between 10% - 50% averaging close to 30% of tuition fees annual. Though instances of full scholarships are there, very rare.

Counter to above, some facts which itches me are:

1. Well knit 1 year program, no internship - will this affect my networking
2. Toronto - still remains the business hub
3. The ranking, I referred to many, FT is of importance here, has slipped over past 2-3 years (major) - reasons attributing to these?
4. Canadian rating has also slipped
5. International B school rating has also slipped
6. Travel/ Leisure/ Hospitality overall placements - worldwide accounts for 1 % or less, it will affect me directly

As much as RATING is not the only criteria to decide on Business School, yet it is of interest and importance to know underlying reasons.

All comments are welcome....

Sources: FT, Businessweek, QS, School website

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3702 [0], given: 2420

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2017, 14:57
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi All, I had my interview last week 4/5/2017. Eagerly waiting for the results. Any idea how much time does it take the adcom to give the decision? I was told 3-4 weeks but I talked to some people who were admitted and they heard back in ~4 days.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2017, 23:41
Hi,

Has anyone who submitted the application on 10th April got the interview invite?

Thanks

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2017, 02:46
Hi,

I submitted my Ivey application on 5 April 2017, got an interview invite on 18 April 2017, and have my interview scheduled on 17 May 2017.

Any tips for the interview?

Regards,
Pratik

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 24

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2017, 05:27
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Pratikagarwal1989 wrote:
Hi,

I submitted my Ivey application on 5 April 2017, got an interview invite on 18 April 2017, and have my interview scheduled on 17 May 2017.

Regards,
Pratik

Pratikagarwal1989
your profile?
Any reason that you have scheduled your interview one month from now?

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 24

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2017, 05:43
Hi KbSHarma,

The only slots available were 17 May and 31 May, so I selected 17 May. Is there an option to prepone it? Have you got an interview invite?

Sorry, could not find how to reply to an existing post. So posting a new comment.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GRE 1: 319 Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE: Other (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2017, 08:12
finally had the interview application submitted on 20 march. The ivey changed the dates from 5 to 20 April due to a glitch in the system. The interview lasted for 35 min approx.
The interviewer was Amanda career management officer. the connection at ivey was not good and I had to speak up at the webcam and take pauses as she was cutting me out through answers.
The questions were tricky although she said the interview was not to trick me. Introduce yourself, why I started this particular business, example of innovation, mistakes in the past, why mba at this point of profession, how are the admission decisions from other schools going on ( I told her it was in process and ivey was my preferred choice), if not accepted to mba then what, 3 qualities that admissions committee would have you stand out, 3 qualities that i possess related to leadership ( I gave 3 and she asked example of one them in real life experience), example of conflict with team member in past setting and how I resolved it. My biggest weakness and how i overcome it, what feedback I received from my supervisor/ peer etc and what I learned from it. My short term and long term goals and the bridge between them. List of companies that I would like to work for in Canada. She asked what was the most negative thing about Ivey (this question preplexed me as I was not expecting this).
For my questions I asked her what are various restaurants, activities in London, clubs, accomodations, companies of interest at campus etc.
One of the most challenging interviews so far. The interviewer kept on pressing on my negatives.
She said to expect the decision in 3-4 weeks time.
Any body has any other experience or was is it just me????

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 65

GMAT 1: 550 Q48 V18
GRE 1: 1280 Q790 V490
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2017, 10:01
Dear All,
Can someone please share the list of recommeded books readings for the first year MBA. Help appreciated.
Thanks
M.S

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 65

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.99
WE: General Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2017, 22:26
ankitg2017 wrote:
Hi All, I had my interview last week 4/5/2017. Eagerly waiting for the results. Any idea how much time does it take the adcom to give the decision? I was told 3-4 weeks but I talked to some people who were admitted and they heard back in ~4 days.

Well, don't generalise as i had my interview in 3rd week of March and still pending result(mostly due to huge influx of applications for Round 1), so relax and chill till the results come back. Expect to get the result within a fortnight, as i was mailed by them that admissions committee is not meeting as scheduled, which is resulting in delays(again due to huge number of applications).

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.99
WE: General Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2017, 22:33
Pratikagarwal1989 wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
Pratik

Hi,

Just be yourself, expect the interviewer to have gone through your application(including essays), so collaborate your answers accordingly. Also expect standard questions like Why MBA, why Ivey, strengths, weaknesses, future goals, etc. Also expect to go in detail related to your experiences and have suitable examples and logic of why you did the way you did specific things(for eg, i was asked how i felt when i was transferred to a 'not so good' place in my organization for my honesty, what got me through that period, etc. which was mentioned in one of my essays).

In the end, just be yourself, it is not going to be a stress interview but surely a detailed interview.
Best of luck for the interview.

Manager
Manager
B

GRE 1: 319 Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE: Other (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2017, 04:19
rejected after interview

Intern
Intern
Status: Difficult Roads often lead to beautiful destinations !!!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 334

Schools: Ivey '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.7
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consulting)
Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2019(March 2018 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2017, 19:42
Hi All , for the people who have gone through the Interview process , has anyone heard from the Adcom ? Any idea how soon they respond post interview ?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 334

Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2019(March 2018 intake): Calling all Applicants   [#permalink] 01 May 2017, 19:42

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 118 posts ] 

Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2019(March 2018 intake): Calling all Applicants

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, BrushMyQuant, aerien

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap