Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [5]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 128
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Invited to Interview
09 Feb, 2018
13 Feb 2018, 10:27
dwmcl GMAT: 760, Q49, V45; GPA: 3.8; WE: 36 months; Canada; via Email [#permalink]
Invited to Interview
12 Feb, 2018
13 Feb 2018, 13:39
Private, GMAT: 740, Q49, V42; GPA: 2.7; WE: 84 months; United States; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [4]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
Just paid my deposit for the statement of intent to register! Looking forward to making Haas EWMBA Class of 2021 Epic!
Invited to Interview
15 Feb, 2018
15 Feb 2018, 20:02
haashopeful2021 GMAT: 770, Q49, V47; GPA: 3.62; WE: 104 months; United States, CA; via Email [#permalink]
Invited to Interview
15 Feb, 2018
16 Feb 2018, 10:36
swapnak GMAT: 740, Q49, V41; GPA: 3.3; WE: 84 months; United States, CA; via Phone [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
Invited to interview.
GMAT: 680, GPA: 3.57, WE: 72 mo; US, CA; via phone
Invited to Interview
16 Feb, 2018
16 Feb 2018, 13:27
Private, GMAT: 720, Q47, V42; GPA: 3.2; WE: 66 months; United States; via Phone [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Kudos
Was interviewed on 2/20 after getting a call for it on 2/16. This seemed like a rush job.

My background is electrical engineering and I work in tech here in California.
Summary:
- Interviewer walked me to her office, my resume was in front of her and was scribbled all over already. I was asked to narrate my work starting from my first job and how each of my jobs motivated me to come to where I am today.
- The answer I gave organically answered the above question and also the latter questions including why MBA, why Haas and what do I like to do in your spare time.
- Further discussion on my role at my current job. She pushed for details, even technical ones which was interesting. I found it hard to read her poker face but those were legit questions maybe a bit unexpected.
- Plans for future? Pretty much regurgitated my essay here.
- Any questions for the interviewer was the next one. I inquired about some clubs that I'd want to be a part of and then the conversation veered off to my motivation in life in general.

In the end it was a pretty chilled out discussion and I felt good about it.

To everyone who is yet to take the interview or awaiting a call for it... good luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
narwal wrote:
Was interviewed on 2/20 after getting a call for it on 2/16. This seemed like a rush job.

My background is electrical engineering and I work in tech here in California.
Summary:
- Interviewer walked me to her office, my resume was in front of her and was scribbled all over already. I was asked to narrate my work starting from my first job and how each of my jobs motivated me to come to where I am today.
- The answer I gave organically answered the above question and also the latter questions including why MBA, why Haas and what do I like to do in your spare time.
- Further discussion on my role at my current job. She pushed for details, even technical ones which was interesting. I found it hard to read her poker face but those were legit questions maybe a bit unexpected.
- Plans for future? Pretty much regurgitated my essay here.
- Any questions for the interviewer was the next one. I inquired about some clubs that I'd want to be a part of and then the conversation veered off to my motivation in life in general.

In the end it was a pretty chilled out discussion and I felt good about it.

To everyone who is yet to take the interview or awaiting a call for it... good luck.

If your resume was scribbled over, then they did some in depth research and analysis. When I interviewed, because they kept getting an error downloading my resume, my interviewer only had like 30-45 to review my resume and there weren't any notes haha. Regarding the poker face, I contend Haas has the best poker faces in the MBA interview game.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [3]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Kudos
Done with the interview!

I'd first like to thank everyone else who posted about their experiences. Mine felt very similar overall--very conversational and friendly.

My interviewer had not had time to review my resume so that was the opening discussion. From there, no surprise questions. Some of the ones I remember (in random order):
- How would my supervisor describe me
- What do I do outside of work
- What is my leadership style
- What do I wish I had been asked

Other than talking way too fast, I came out feeling great about the conversation. My advice would be to know your reasons, know what differentiates you, and focus on being present rather than memorizing answers.

Good luck everyone!

Now, we wait. With tribute to the late Tom Petty:
https://youtu.be/thAdVcgqJ6g

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks everyone for posting about your interview experiences. Mine is tomorrow :-) Will let you guys know how it goes!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Statistics
Send PM
Kudos
haashopeful2021 wrote:
Done with the interview!

I'd first like to thank everyone else who posted about their experiences. Mine felt very similar overall--very conversational and friendly.

My interviewer had not had time to review my resume so that was the opening discussion. From there, no surprise questions. Some of the ones I remember (in random order):
- How would my supervisor describe me
- What do I do outside of work
- What is my leadership style
- What do I wish I had been asked

Other than talking way too fast, I came out feeling great about the conversation. My advice would be to know your reasons, know what differentiates you, and focus on being present rather than memorizing answers.

Good luck everyone!

Now, we wait. With tribute to the late Tom Petty:
https://youtu.be/thAdVcgqJ6g

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I definitely agree with the experience above. I would say that it was a formal interview 100%, however it was very friendly and conversational. There were no trick questions and they seemed genuinely interested in each answer. There were even a few small laughs here and there when talking about personal experiences. In the end it was actually a very enjoyable experience and if I had had any doubts on which school to attend (which I didn't, Haas had been my #1 choice), this would have solidified it for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Just got done with my interview. Overall a very positive experience. She was friendly but had a strong poker face. I cannot tell if she was happy with my answers or not. Some of the questions I was asked:
Walk me through your resume
Key strengths
Leadership Style
constructive criticism received by a supervisor
Short term and long term goals
Anything else you would like to tell
Questions for her

Now I guess just gotta wait. All the best to everyone who is in the same boat as me and to those who still have their interview!
Invited to Interview
09 Mar, 2018
13 Mar 2018, 15:54
hsggwk GMAT: 690, Q45, V39; GPA: 3.76; WE: 144 months; United States; via Phone [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 60
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Haas opened Round 4 for EWMBA applications? Does it happen often? Any views?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
arpshriv wrote:

Holy crap you're right. Let me know if anyone responds to you because I'm wondering why and wondering what that means to everyone's respective chances.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [2]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Statistics
Send PM
Kudos
jsmallwood82 wrote:
arpshriv wrote:

Holy crap you're right. Let me know if anyone responds to you because I'm wondering why and wondering what that means to everyone's respective chances.

I believe they have done this the last several years. I know for sure they did it last year. I wouldn't look at it as impacted your prospects one way or the other.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Any one hear back for R2?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts