GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jun 2018, 14:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
2 KUDOS received
Haas EWMBA Thread Master
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.33
Reviews Badge
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 11:59
Creating a place for Haas EWMBA applicants to hang out and network with other applicants. We can use this platform to know each-other, build network, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process.

Happy networking.

EWMBA Reviews | EWMBA Decision Tracker | Admission Deadlines | Haas EWMBA - Admission Trends!

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 13:18
jsmallwood82 wrote:
dlanderer wrote:
Best of luck tomorrow. Please let us know how it goes.

They interview around 30-40% of applicants each year for EWMBA. No word on acceptance rates out of that pool, but you can do the math.

I got an interview invite, but I wanted to mention that mathematically, the interview rate cannot be 30-40% because the acceptance rate is ~45%. In other words, if they accept 45% of applicants and an interview is required to get an acceptance, they need to interview at least 45% of them.
USC Marshall Thread Master
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 18:15
dlanderer wrote:
jsmallwood82 wrote:
dlanderer wrote:
Best of luck tomorrow. Please let us know how it goes.

They interview around 30-40% of applicants each year for EWMBA. No word on acceptance rates out of that pool, but you can do the math.

I got an interview invite, but I wanted to mention that mathematically, the interview rate cannot be 30-40% because the acceptance rate is ~45%. In other words, if they accept 45% of applicants and an interview is required to get an acceptance, they need to interview at least 45% of them.

Congrats! Hey, I'm just the messenger. Whatever floats your boat.
Invited to Interview
09 Feb, 2018
Private, GMAT: 760, Q49, V45; GPA: 3.8; WE: 36 months; Canada; via Email
Invited to Interview
12 Feb, 2018
carbohydrate23 GMAT: 740, Q49, V42; GPA: 2.7; WE: 84 months; United States; via Email
4 KUDOS received
Haas EWMBA Thread Master
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.33
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 22:43
Just paid my deposit for the statement of intent to register! Looking forward to making Haas EWMBA Class of 2021 Epic!
Invited to Interview
15 Feb, 2018
Private, GMAT: 770, Q49, V47; GPA: 3.62; WE: 104 months; United States, CA; via Email
Invited to Interview
15 Feb, 2018
Private, GMAT: 740, Q49, V41; GPA: 3.3; WE: 84 months; United States, CA; via Phone
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2018, 12:35
Invited to interview.
GMAT: 680, GPA: 3.57, WE: 72 mo; US, CA; via phone
Invited to Interview
16 Feb, 2018
ambigal GMAT: 720, Q47, V42; GPA: 3.2; WE: 66 months; United States; via Phone
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 10:12
Was interviewed on 2/20 after getting a call for it on 2/16. This seemed like a rush job.

My background is electrical engineering and I work in tech here in California.
Summary:
- Interviewer walked me to her office, my resume was in front of her and was scribbled all over already. I was asked to narrate my work starting from my first job and how each of my jobs motivated me to come to where I am today.
- The answer I gave organically answered the above question and also the latter questions including why MBA, why Haas and what do I like to do in your spare time.
- Further discussion on my role at my current job. She pushed for details, even technical ones which was interesting. I found it hard to read her poker face but those were legit questions maybe a bit unexpected.
- Plans for future? Pretty much regurgitated my essay here.
- Any questions for the interviewer was the next one. I inquired about some clubs that I'd want to be a part of and then the conversation veered off to my motivation in life in general.

In the end it was a pretty chilled out discussion and I felt good about it.

To everyone who is yet to take the interview or awaiting a call for it... good luck.
1 KUDOS received
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 10:22
narwal wrote:
Was interviewed on 2/20 after getting a call for it on 2/16. This seemed like a rush job.

My background is electrical engineering and I work in tech here in California.
Summary:
- Interviewer walked me to her office, my resume was in front of her and was scribbled all over already. I was asked to narrate my work starting from my first job and how each of my jobs motivated me to come to where I am today.
- The answer I gave organically answered the above question and also the latter questions including why MBA, why Haas and what do I like to do in your spare time.
- Further discussion on my role at my current job. She pushed for details, even technical ones which was interesting. I found it hard to read her poker face but those were legit questions maybe a bit unexpected.
- Plans for future? Pretty much regurgitated my essay here.
- Any questions for the interviewer was the next one. I inquired about some clubs that I'd want to be a part of and then the conversation veered off to my motivation in life in general.

In the end it was a pretty chilled out discussion and I felt good about it.

To everyone who is yet to take the interview or awaiting a call for it... good luck.

If your resume was scribbled over, then they did some in depth research and analysis. When I interviewed, because they kept getting an error downloading my resume, my interviewer only had like 30-45 to review my resume and there weren't any notes haha. Regarding the poker face, I contend Haas has the best poker faces in the MBA interview game.
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.62

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2018, 14:14
Done with the interview!

I'd first like to thank everyone else who posted about their experiences. Mine felt very similar overall--very conversational and friendly.

My interviewer had not had time to review my resume so that was the opening discussion. From there, no surprise questions. Some of the ones I remember (in random order):
- How would my supervisor describe me
- What do I do outside of work
- What is my leadership style
- What do I wish I had been asked

Other than talking way too fast, I came out feeling great about the conversation. My advice would be to know your reasons, know what differentiates you, and focus on being present rather than memorizing answers.

Good luck everyone!

Now, we wait. With tribute to the late Tom Petty:
https://youtu.be/thAdVcgqJ6g

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 09:10
Thanks everyone for posting about your interview experiences. Mine is tomorrow :-) Will let you guys know how it goes!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Statistics

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 10:38
haashopeful2021 wrote:
Done with the interview!

I'd first like to thank everyone else who posted about their experiences. Mine felt very similar overall--very conversational and friendly.

My interviewer had not had time to review my resume so that was the opening discussion. From there, no surprise questions. Some of the ones I remember (in random order):
- How would my supervisor describe me
- What do I do outside of work
- What is my leadership style
- What do I wish I had been asked

Other than talking way too fast, I came out feeling great about the conversation. My advice would be to know your reasons, know what differentiates you, and focus on being present rather than memorizing answers.

Good luck everyone!

Now, we wait. With tribute to the late Tom Petty:
https://youtu.be/thAdVcgqJ6g

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I definitely agree with the experience above. I would say that it was a formal interview 100%, however it was very friendly and conversational. There were no trick questions and they seemed genuinely interested in each answer. There were even a few small laughs here and there when talking about personal experiences. In the end it was actually a very enjoyable experience and if I had had any doubts on which school to attend (which I didn't, Haas had been my #1 choice), this would have solidified it for me.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2018, 16:30
Just got done with my interview. Overall a very positive experience. She was friendly but had a strong poker face. I cannot tell if she was happy with my answers or not. Some of the questions I was asked:
Walk me through your resume
Key strengths
Leadership Style
constructive criticism received by a supervisor
Short term and long term goals
Anything else you would like to tell
Questions for her

Now I guess just gotta wait. All the best to everyone who is in the same boat as me and to those who still have their interview!
Invited to Interview
09 Mar, 2018
Private, GMAT: 690, Q45, V39; GPA: 3.76; WE: 144 months; United States; via Phone
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 16:44
Haas opened Round 4 for EWMBA applications? Does it happen often? Any views?
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 17:49
arpshriv wrote:

Holy crap you're right. Let me know if anyone responds to you because I'm wondering why and wondering what that means to everyone's respective chances.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Statistics

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 18:12
jsmallwood82 wrote:
arpshriv wrote:

Holy crap you're right. Let me know if anyone responds to you because I'm wondering why and wondering what that means to everyone's respective chances.

I believe they have done this the last several years. I know for sure they did it last year. I wouldn't look at it as impacted your prospects one way or the other.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GPA: 3.44

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 11:25
Any one hear back for R2?
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 19 Mar 2018, 11:25

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14    Next  [ 280 posts ] 

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap